cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone starting chemo in August?

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: anyone starting chemo in August?

hi, i am due to start chemo on thurs 29th.  was supposed to have a central line in as my veins are shot, but somehow this hasn't happened, so i don't know if it will go ahead or not!  i had a mastectomy in june, with lnc in july.  i also spent 4 days in hospital with a drain infection.  this has been such a lovely summer once it got started, and i have spent all of it waiting, waiting, waiting.  i have fibromyalgia, sjogrens and ibs, and all this isn't doing me any good. just hope i can get going on thurs

Guest user
Not applicable

Sam the way it's going I will be there in September with you! will keep you posted.
samjs

Hi Maisies,

Sorry not been about but  we were out  yesterday and today I have been running about getting things for the strawberry tea  tomorrow and then sorting everything out for it.

I think we should change teh group sname to the Weebles with all this wobbliness going on. Glad Spikey red is ok and Penn good to hear you got your Picc line sorted. Hope all these sore mouths sort themselves out soon.

Welcome to the new ladies, I was here early but not starting until September now!!

good luck to  the ladies  up tomorrow, i know one is you Julie66(fingers crossed) and someone  is having a second dunking just can't remember who. (sorry)

Barbarella63

Penn hope your infection is nothing too serious thinking of you! Will send you an email when I get home! Lets hope they sort the fricking list problem out!! Barbs xxxxx
Barbarella63

Gold63 if you're not up till Friday do you want to join the September girls as well as the Maisie's as you can start virtually with us? Much love Barbs xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Supposed to be my first dunking tomorrow so will turn up at 8.15 but don't think it will go ahead as despite all the antibiotics my temp is still about 38 and still some redness on chest- sometimes wonder if ill ever get started. So frustrating, also should get my bone scan results this week too, can't say I'm looking forward to the week.
Christymay

Thanks penn,you always seem to be so positive & that's fantastic, hopefully I will feel like that again soon! & your organised & seem to be keeping things together on here, your amazing penn xx
Genevre

Hello Gilly R - sorry you're having such a bad day - it's horrible feeling like that and I'm glad Maisies are such lovely supportive women.  Thanks so much for welcoming me - it's given me a real boost.  I thought I'd be fine as my family are really lovely, but you all really know what it feels like.  Hope you feel better soon!

Genevre

Pennycrow – thanks so much for welcoming me – it’s great to have joined the Maisies! Sorry to hear you’ve been in hospital and hope you can go ahead on Wed – you need to be through by Christmas! I started on Aug 9th. I’m having FEC but not Tax – can you explain what that is? I think I heard someone say that it’s a good thing not having it. I’m seem so much luckier than  lots of other Maisies  - lots of you really going through the mill. Look forward to getting to know you all better.

Guest user
Not applicable

Christymay - energy is something that comes and goes during chemo.  Week one I had to sleep for the rest of the morning having risen and showered.  By week two I was managing a ten minute walk by end week three I have loads of energy for baking, cleaning, walking.  Come next chemo session I will be back to being sleepy again.

Your energy levels will improve.

Penn x

GillyR

I had tears this morning when I realised I could only do a short walk with the dogs, then met a neighbour in full flow and had to explain I was having a bad moment. He was great and we chatted for a while. I am finding I am very short tempered more than anything, which isnt like me. But I guess we have to deal with the mood swings, which are drug induced after all. We will all get there and as always it is good to know we are not alone in how we feel. Love to you all and thank you for being there xxx

Christymay

Thank you ladies,you always make me feel better,my poor OH & daughter don't quite know what to do or say,bless them.my saying is tears are healers!

Tylerrose

Christymay I had tears this morning for know reason we all feel down from time to time but I said to my self wipe your eyes and cheer up didn't let anyone see me had a quiet afternoon by my self and now feel fine luv to all Rose
GillyR

Welcome Genevre, sorry we missed you with this new "improved" forum.

Christy I do a bit then am shattered, but each day I can do a bit more than the day before. Just listen to your body, it will tell you what it needs.

xxxx

Rollercoaster

I can tell you its official, tears take toxins out of the body, so some crying is ok and perfectly natural Christymay. Just wait a while and your mood will change again, something will make you laugh or smile. Me, i'd settle for a pound of oompf but i figure my body needs all the support it can get at the moment so i concentrate on important things like eating and sleeping and the rest can sort itself out some other time when i give a hoot, love to all xxx
Tylerrose

Oh penny home made scones home made jam and cream that's made my mouth water I need a penny in my kitchen, glad spikeyred is on the mend xxxxx Rose
Christymay

Hi ladies, how do you all seem to be doing so much? I thought I was having a good day, got up, showered, washed the baldy, stripped the bed, then was shattered? I need some energy, just lay on the bed & cried my eyes out for no reason, very strange goings on! Xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Ooo now they do sound good Penn now you have me wondering what to do for pudding lol I've never eaten so much since I started chemo or maybe it's because I've had ten weeks off work now , I was Lways dashing around before and bc has taught me anything it's not to get so stressed and bogged down with stupid things that really do not matter I hope that stays with me x
Rollercoaster

A see food diet, the best kind! Lol
Guest user
Not applicable

Good news about Spikeyred!

Guest user
Not applicable

Daisymegan last posted on 24th.

I've just made a batch of scones.  Destined for tea with homemade jam and cream.  Diet?  What diet?

Guest user
Not applicable

Genevre,

Welcome to the August Maisies - I have added you to the group list.  I must have missed your posting on the 24th, but your are now the 67th member of the group.  In a group this large you will find plenty of chat, experience, support and lots of laughter too.  Just so I'm right about this, you had FEC on Thursday 8th August?  Are you going on to Tax as well?

Sore scalp can be a sign that you are loosing your hair in spite of the cold cap or just that the chemo has made your scalp sore.  It seems to be a common side effect around day 17 for FEC patients.

Any questions, just ask as someone in the group will either know the answer or know someone who knows the answer!

Best wishes,

Penn x

@Genevre wrote:

Hello everyone, I’ve never wanted to go on any sort of forum before, but coming across so many brave upbeat women I realise it would be stupid not to! Diagnosed in May, surgery in June, finally started FEC 16 days ago. Only minor side effects this time – so far so good.  I tried the cold cap which was horrible, blinding headache for duration, but hair is still firmly intact.  Only thing is my scalp really hurts – is that significant? I’m not sure I want to go through cc any more – is that mad? I’d sort of come to terms with hair loss before I knew there was something that might help. Why am I obsessed with hair loss when I’m apparently calm about having BC.  Makes no sense.

Good luck everyone!

Rollercoaster

Anyone heard from Daisymegan? Cant remember the last post from her, hope shes ok? I took a photo of the list of dixie chicks, so i know who we are, and can find it easily. Its my sad method of keeping track, xxx
Bakeswhenstres

Good news Penn and spikey.
Christy that soup sounds delicious. Never thought of homemade veg soup as a cure for constipation, maybe I'll get my mother-in-law to make me some when she's staying here for the week.
Breezy your lamb tagine sounds yummy but you can keep your bowl of prunes to yourself-yuck!
Welcome Bonski. Suspect you won't be so thrilled with the weather from about October onwards....!
GillyR

Spikey is being released, lungs and heart all fine, so brilliant news xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Afternoon Maisies 🙂 I've made a delicious lamb tagine and cous cous and it's smelling gorgous, trying to eat all my Favs before Thursdays 2nd dunking , am I right in thinking it's julie66 1st tomorrow along with chrissie49 2nd ? Thank god for penns list 🙂 so glad you have got sorted Penn and hugs to Spikeyred bless her xx welcome bonski68 , and huge well done Lucy on the head shave , so many of us have had to take the plunge now , gilly hope your ears feel better soon Hun you really are suffering with them , it's my sore mouth for me 😞 , re constipation I swear by a bowl of prunes in the morning for 2 days and I'm fine fortuantly I like them lol xxxx
Jo43

Thanks Tasha for info re - profile ..........I give up with it TBH...... perphaps the techies of the site could give us all some guidence on this one too. 

Love to Spikeyred, hope she is back with us soon. xxxx

Rollercoaster

Good to here you're back and hopefully ok now Pennycrow, don't want anything to hold you up from getting your treatments o ver with now. There are so many things to watch out for and be aware of, its hard to think about anything else sometimes! BTW, Lawn mower cable fixed, (OH is a sparks) lawn cut, washing out - all peaceful again now.
Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Maisies,

FEC#1 Day20

I’m back from hospital – thank you all for thinking of me.  They were very efficient.  Cleaned PICC line entry wound, swabbed for culture and redressed with anti-biotic impregnated dressing (never knew there were such things).  My lovely chemo nurse (Joan) seems to think they have caught infection in good time thanks to eagle-eye of GP practice nurse who took bloods this morning and told me to ring oncology ASAP.  They will redress tomorrow when back to hospital for consultant appointment and also see if today’s bloods show any background infection.  Definitely don’t want any delay to next chemo round, due Wednesday.

Deb – good to hear that your kidney stone is quiet today.  Hopefully it will stay that way.

Rollercoaster – it must be a worry with your Mum.  Thank goodness she is safe and well.

Bonski – welcome to our merry group.  You are our 66th member.  Here you will find plenty of chat, advice, experience but also lots of laughter.  As you were up at the Bar (had chemo!) on the 22nd you were up with Kickit’sass and Tylerrose.  Normally I produce nice little (? large) lists with info of who is having which chemo when, but since the change of the new forum format I have been unable to do so.  Hope the forum techies are going to help me find a way around this soon.  Smoothies for constipation?  Any fruit but with addition of oats or muesli - tastes wonderful too

Gilly – thank you for the update about Spikeyred – bloods clots are nasty.  Please let us know if you have any updates.

Just summoning the enthusiasm to do some work or possibly cook...

Guest user
Not applicable

Bonski68 welcome to the maisies. I had real probs with constipation and no amount of veg and fruit seemed to work so had to resort to take senakot at night that did the trick and felt so much better.

Hope spikeyred is ok and they get her sorted asap sending a big hug hun.

X x x 

Rollercoaster

Mmmmm that soup sounds good, not constipated but will try it anyway xxx
Rollercoaster

Doh! OH just cut through the mower lead, he's well chuffed with himself. He's obviously not used to doing the garden! Every day is a school day ! I have to try not to laugh but the pain is intense! Not such a bad day after all, he he xxx
Anne-Marina

Hi Maisies - Its a beautiful sunny warm day down here in the South - just going to sit in the garden for a bit.

I'm not up for second dunking until 11th September - quite a few of us close together.  Thankfully the jitters have now worn off but I've got the sore mouth and ulcers now.  Feeling a bit tired but not too bad.

Christymay

Roller coaster I'm up for my 2 nd dunking on the 9 th sept too,

bonski68 I just put any fruit in my smoothies & too be fair it worked, thank the lord, I used pineapple, raspberries, banana, apple & bit juice, also my lovely sister in law came yest with a batch of home made soup, butternut squash, carrots, onions, red, green & yellow pepper & a pinch of 5 spice , delicious & def helps the bowel movements lol xxx
Tylerrose

Actually liver and onions sounds good just need something with a bit of flavour everything tastes the same a the moment crap is exactly the word to use lol xxxx
Bonski68

Tylerrose, that is exactly how I am feeling....like a hangover without the fun.  I lost my sense of taste a couple days ago...everything tastes like crap...maybe I should try eating liver and onions or brussel sprouts (Yuck!) 😉

Rollercoaster, sorry to hear about all your troubles and hoping you can relax for the rest of the day!

I'm following this thread on my iPad but having a hard time navigating it.  I'm sure it's just this 'wappie' feeling.  

I'd like to apologize in advance if I offend anyone with my word usage.  I know that even though our language is the same, words may have different meanings (US vs UK)

Tylerrose

Yes Annie a bit spaced out feeling not ill but not with it that's how I feel I don't drink either but from my younger days when I did have a drink a distant memory these days xxxxx
GillyR

Right, I have decided I am just a wimp. I dont drink and have never done drugs, so maybe I just have the hangover feeling and I laughed with the Thunderbirds puppet description because that is how I feel I am walking when I need to hold on!!! I am much better today and I think the 2 paracetamol this morning have helped. I have hoovered and my 4 dogs have taken me for a drag down the bridle way for a short time 🙂

Have had a text from Spkiey Red, she is in hospital with a suspected blood clot on the lung, she has had a ct scan and awaiting results, so fingers crossed that it is just a false alarm and it was too much excitement at the cricket yesterday!! The good news is that on day 12 her bloods are normal.

I am up for my second dunking on the 10th September all being well

xxxxx

Annie62

What is the wappie feeling?  Is it a sort of weak, wobbly, slightly queasy feeling?   If so, I've had it off and on for days now...Smiley Sad

Tylerrose

Ment to say defiantly the hangover without the drink, where the hell did defogger come from lol
Tylerrose

Welcome bronsky68 sorry you've had to join us, but there's plenty of support and lovely ladies on here, I live in Sheffield but don't think any of the other ladies are near by, Christymay got away light 1st chemo but this wappie feeling as hit me this time such a strange feeling , sitting chilling today in the gardens in the shade of coarse Lucy58 defogger the hangover without the drink,gilly sorry you're having ear trouble luv to all Rose
Bonski68

Does anyone have a good smoothy recipe for constipation?
Rollercoaster

Hiya all. I know what you mean about feeling odd. I feel a bit like a thunderbirds puppet, all over the place and cant really control anything properly, weird but manageable. My mum went missing for a while this am, a bit of a worry with her dementia, but she has turned up now so panic over for now. Good job my phone still works and all calls inc! Has anyone tried the free complimentary therapies yet? I found a leaflet and thought i might try it, see if it helps at all. Nothing ventured, nothing gained they say. Sunshine is out, washing will be out soon too. Sorry to hear about picc line infections, i was such a coward i begged not to have one as I'm more than likely to pass out with one of them in knowing me. How many are up for 2nd dunking on 9th sept now, including me? Welcome to Bonski, sorry/glad you're here with us, amazing support here though.
Guest user
Not applicable

Jo43 I can see a link "about jo43" on your profile page but if I click on it nothing happens. I'm on iPad and it seems to affect a lot of the links, can anyone else see Jo's profile?
Jacquie I can't see anything on yours...
I can't even see where I put the information in for mine?! Argh xx
Bonski68

Thanks for the welcomes! It is a gorgeous day today....sounds like a nice walk may be in my future :). We moved here in May from hot West Texas and I'm loving this weather :). Just need to modify my playlist so I don't end up running ;).
Jo43

Hi Jacquie08, no I cant see your profile info about yourself 😞 I have just managed to do mine , can you see it ??

Pendragon , shame not alcohol brought on hey!! 🙂  

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning maisies, gilly sorry to hear you are having a rough time with your ears. I can't say I suffered with mine but I am EC not FEC I just had a fuzzy head and abit of a distant feeling. Hope the rest of the maisies are doing ok today. 

Same as you breezy cannot believe we are nearly at round 2 this week, but hey it us one step closer to the end hun.

Well update on kidney stone, not in agony now thank god but no sign of it either so god knows where it is now lol!

Penn I hope they sort your picc line infection cleared up asap hun sending a big hug. 

I hope you all have a good bank holiday whatever your doing today try to enjoy.

Debs x x x 

Jacquie08

Morning Maisies I have just tried to do profile, not got a webpage funnily enough?  Ended up putting http://notgotone which it did seem to accept?  However still saying save or reset can anyone see my info or is it still not saved it? Grrr I know change isn't easy but surely if it worked before this improved site should be easier not harder?  # hacked off!! Xx

Guest user
Not applicable

well piccy up so must have done something right xx
Guest user
Not applicable

morning maisies just brightening up here in beds, been very overcast. nurse just been to help me with my injections, still feeling sicky and bit achey, as everyone says a hangover with no drink lol.

hope you are all feeling ok ish on this lovely bank holiday monday, im making thos dollys today tried to change my pic to one not sure its worked will know when i post this.