74.3K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone starting chemo in August?

Re: anyone starting chemo in August?

Good morning Coco and everyone else. Ears may feel a bit better this morning, but check in later and I will let you know! I hope all girls up today lots of luck and please check in if you can and let us know you are ok. Coco I am still waiting for you fb request to join our little gang xx

Morning Maisie's can't believe I am the first to post here this morning! Good Luck to the Three Amigos plus 1 today, hope all goes well and you have minimal side effects. How is everyone else? Sorry Julie re your infection and not being able to have treatment, but suppose they need to make sure you are fit as you can be, fingers crossed it will clear soon. Sam very impressed on how much money you made, well done. Gilly hope your ears are better, did you speak to anyone about it all yesterday. Hope you ok Lols have PM you this morning. Hope you all have a peaceful day and the sun shines wherever you are Meg xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

You will be fine hun , text me if u need too , I've just got bloods tomorrOw then back to the bar Thursdaymeant to be my best week and I've got juicy ulcers a Period from hell and I'm back onsleeping tabs , god I'm miserable z, o didn't mind going on fb as gill has done it as a closed group that is secret and private Hun as like u all my family and friends know bit I don't broad cast it to everyone cxx

Thanks girls for calming my nerves for tomorrow, it really helps knowing you're all there & good luck ladies who are up tomorrow, lots of hugs to all xxx

Ok, cancel the last question, just found your latest post, thanks whiterose. I was very sick on day 1, couldn't even keep water down so ended up on a drip for24 hrs with lots of extra drugs in the iv and 2days extra steroids and ondansetron. Trouble is you feel so queasy, even getting the pills down becomes a trial. Really don't want all that again especially as it is avoidable and apart from that and feeling tired not been too bad really. Hope all goes well for you tomorrow, hugs and positive vibes xxx

Thanks whiterose, were you very sick the first cycle? xxx

Christymay, the ct scan is no prob, its not painful or anything. You may get a funny sensation when the dye goes in, it can make you feel like you're having a hot flush and you may feel like you've wet yourself but you haven't. Just trust that they're being thorough, making sure all is ok . I've got a couple of mouth ulcers too, but a good brush and rinse with the mouthwash helps, they won't last long. Sleep as well as you can when you can, nite and hugs xxx

Rollercoaster - sorry also meant to add i had extreme nausea where i couldnt even stand as i felt worse, day after chemo was being sick in hospital - it took a good 3/4 days for nausea to calm down / even drinking water was hard let alone eating which was hard when u had to take steroids with food and then i ended up back in hospital 7 days after chemo ad neutrapenic - so i will find out for you what they give me xx

hi Barb who is up tomorrow from stars?? Send her our love

Christy good luck with ct scan I know its terrifying hunni as its more waiting for results.  Be thinking of you

Helloooo I've sent a request to your fbook page seeing as I sort of have dual membership and besides I don't like to miss out on anything lol good luck to those up tomorrow, we've got one up too bless her she's our pioneer! Got my date now its the 9th eek Barbsxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Yes good luck to us!
Love to everyone xxx

Rollercoaster - i will find out what the meds are in the syringe box tomorrow and will get back to you on it - good luck to us ladies tomorrow. Xx

Another great day in the life of chemo , another 2 fat mouth ulcers & another cold sore? Does it get better anytime soon? Going wiggy shopping Tom & then a ct scan, very nervous, prob no sleep again! 😥

No probs Cheryl (just as long as you don't want a cut of the proceeds when the Jewels become millionaires when we hit Dragons Den! ) haha x
Guest user
Not applicable

Evening ladies just wanted to wish juneb, penn, whiterose and tasha good luck for tomorrow I will be thinking of you all. 

Well done sam on raising all that money what a star.

Off to bed now ladies up early for bloods doing prior to chemo thurs all bring well

Night night sweet dreams debs x x

I did but don't want to be on fb so have deactivated it again! Personal reasons! Will explain wen we meet up xx

cheers Chelle I might have to share the knicker net story with the maisies that made me laugh!!

Guest user
Not applicable

Christy have you gone on the fb hun? X

Cheryl - had a lovely time tonight. So nice to finally meet you and Jill. I had a proper good laugh.

Hope the August ladies are fairing well x

evening all

Sam massive big up to you well done

Julie sorry to hear your chemo train got delayed.  But as everyone says its best to get infection sorted first

Good luck three amigos and Junie tomorrow

Ive just been to the pub with two June Jewels havent laughed so much in ages.  Had a great night

I will be using both this and FB

Well done Sam, you have done amazing! So proud xx

Another one not joining Facebook I 'm afraid. Hope some stay here though, really need the continued support. I've now got a couple of mouth ulcers, joy! Hope all have a good sleep tonight, hugs to all, xxx

Evening Maisie's.. Thanks for all your best wishes whilst I was in the hospital yesterday. So relieved when the CT scan was normal. I was in my local hospital and pleased to say they were fab, however now have to go to London tomorrow to get checked out by my onc team as I still have some chest pain when I breath. I go away for a couple of days and have had 27 pages of posts to catch up on!! Have spent the whole evening catching up. Sam you deserve a medal that is a great achievement today. Tolie sorry to hear about your cat that is really sad. Julie shame about the chemo but I suppose it is better to get the infection sorted but I understand how frustrating it must be. Apart from my chest pain I have felt really well since Friday, had the most amazing day at the cricket on Saturday I reckon all the excitement has caused the pain. Must try an find my oh old clippers they are in a box somewhere, hair now really sore and started coming out today in the shower so think it will be gone by the weekend. Hope those who were dunked today are ok and those up tomorrow i will be thinking of you, Karen xxx

Well done Sam!! You're a star!!
Julie, sorry you've been delayed again.
Loving the Facebook page, it's nice to be able to put faces to names.
Hope those at the bar today are feeling ok.
Bev xx

Evening Maisie's, Well done Sam make it a bottle not a glass. Don't think il be on the face book thingy just about manage this and my mobile phone, hope that means you don't all disappear!!!!
Team told me that chemo can make what you usual suffer from more exaggerated, just wondering if the girls with long term headaches have them normally could it be migraine would normal migraine meds be better than paracetamol etc? Just a thought not sure though.
Head really itchy now , NOT NITS, is it a sign its on the way? Did moult alot Saturday night so does feel thinner, nightmare dunno how im going to cope with that one .
Chemo brain insitu so can't recall name but very sorry about your cat pets are family and leave a bloody big hole (( hugs)).
Off for early night so good luck for all at bar or with appts tomorrow, peaceful sleep for all Maisie's xx ju x

Hi all, hope everybody is well & not suffering too badly with se, had a nice day sat in the garden with my sister & niece, she walked in said hi aunty Christy, eugh what have you done to your hair, it looked nicer before, bless her she is only 6, just laughed it off, you gotta love kids for being so honest!

Glad I'm not the only one Lucy! Smiley Very Happy

Annie........I don't think I will be going on the FB group either, so you are not the only one.

Sorry, but I'm not on FB and not about to join - guess I'll have to hope to catch someone whenever I manage to pop in here...Smiley Frustrated

Good luck to everyone up soon.

Gosh Sam really well done , good luck to everyone up tomorrow, luv to all xxxx luv the Facebook group feels a lot more personal xxxx Rose

Congratulations Sam on a very successful strawberry tea. Give yourself a big pat on the back.

Julie, sorry to hear your chemo did not go ahead.  Not easy when you have got yourself psyched up for it.  Enjoy the last week of the hols and try not to ponder on it all.

Hope the others all got on ok today, and are not feeling too bad.  Good luck to those being dunked tomorrow.

Those with headaches......hope you find something that gets rid completely.  I'm wondering if my bad head is linked to my hair coming out, as it seemed to coincide with my hair starting to come out.  It is bearable, but have had for 3 days now, and want it gone. 

Sorry to hear about the death of your pet cat.  They are part of the family, and we miss them so much when they have gone  x

Guest user
Not applicable

Very well done Sam - a superb result!!

Julie66 – very disappointing for you not to be able to do chemo today (it’s horrible stuff, but we all want to get on with it).  Fingers crossed that you will be fit enough next week.

Guest user
Not applicable

Whiterose - hope it all goes well for your tomorrow, particularly with the new anti-sickness drugs.  I'll be thinking of you.

Best wishes,

Penn x

Guest user
Not applicable

Chezzap,

Tomorrow at the bar it is indeed the Three Amigos (Tasha, Whiterose and me) plus JunieB.  Good luck all.

Really sorry to hear that your chemo was cancelled Julie, fingers crossed for next week xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies have got on the new fb page now , hope everyones ok I'm shattered after a busy day of appointments so I've come up to bed already lol good luck to junieb for her 1st dunking and tasha, whiterose and Penn for their 2nd lot tomorrow , hope all goes well love see xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Chemo didn't go ahead today- they want to be sure infection has gone so will now go ahead next Tuesday if I'm ok. Don't know how I feel really, it's nice to have the last week of the summer holiday with my youngest but means it will now be Xmas when I finish, guess you can't have it all ways. Jx

Well done Sam, you deserve a medal. Rest easy, enjoy your wine and sleep well. xxx

Will have to catch up tomorrow ladies as I am shattered after the Strawberry Tea. It was very well attended and we raised £868 for Breast Cancer Care with more money to be collected. I'm off for a glass of wine. xxx

Sorry whiterose, i must have missed the posts about how bad you were with your chemo first time. How bad were you and what drugs are they going to put in your syringe box? I was really bad too and cannot face feeling like that again so would like to know more if yon wouldn't mind. xxx

The link to our new private facebook page is here. Just click on it and request membership and you shall be welcomed into our magic world

https://www.facebook.com/groups/165815423611027/

Hi ladies, had on oncology appt today , they are going to give me an injection 24hrs after  chemo which is tomorrow to boost my white cells, and they are also fitting me with a syringe driver box for 72hrs to administer an anti sickness drug as I suffered so badly the first time round.

The picc line is not going to happen now because my veins are too small so they are going to fit a hickman instead in a few weeks, so if there is anyone else that has one I would appreciate any feedback please whether it be good or bad. 

Hope everyone not suffering too much with side effects and good luck Pennycrow and Tasha for our next dunking tomorrow. 

Oh tollie sorry to hear about your cat lost mine about six weeks ago she was 16 xxxxx

No 2 tax day 6 luv the Facebook page, good luck to everyone up tomorrow and hope ladies up today have minimal se, I had headaches Sunday and Monday but were migraines as I'm prone to those but feel ok today infact normal just hope my counts don't drop and pick up another bug although onc lowered my tax by 10% in hope that didn't happen luv to all xxxxx Rose

Tollie so sorry to hear about your cat xxxx

Good luck to those up tomorrow think its Tasha, Penny and Whiterose for sure but I know there maybe someone else on their first apologies cant remember who it is

Yes, have taken paracetamol but trying to limit it as it can actually cause 'rebound headaches' as can codeine. I have a migraine drug, sumatriptan, on prescription which sometimes helps. Was hoping to not need to take it, but I think it's probably better to catch the headache early before it develops into a really sicky one.
Did phone my chemo nurse, she said take paracetamol and talk to gp. Hard to fit that in around daily rads, might discuss it when I get my bloods done on Thursday.
On a more cheerful note, in a moment of weakness my OH said I can get a dog when I'm well enough to look after it! How's that for a bribe?!
Guest user
Not applicable

Annie,

I am sorry to hear that your experience of oncology support has not been so positive.  Perhaps it depends on the size of the hospital?  I was given contact numbers for oncology staff and nurses, plus a named nurse (the lovely Joan) who looks after my treatment and who rang ME when my GP contacted hospital about allergy.  I presume, wrongly, that all of us would be receiving this high standard of care.  I am sorry to hear that that is not the case.

Gilly and Bakeswhenstressed - I've also been getting headaches - nothing much seems to help them - I've tried paracetamol and also codeine but they just seem to hang around until they are ready to leave!  I haven't even tried to contact my onc just thought I'd wait and mention it all at the next appointment.

Anne xx

Have you taken some paracetamol for the headaches? I am getting sicky headaches and my ears are all funny and noisy. I just take my temperature and if it is ok, I take some pills to ease the pain xxx

I'm really envious of those who can just 'have a word with' their Onc or even the triage nurse!   My helpline is absolute rubbish and I have no way of contacting my Onc - my next appointment to see her is during chemo on Thursday!!

You'd think as I've been in hospital with neutropenia she'd have wanted to see me sooner - goodness knows I've had precious little advice from the department, all I know has come from you lot! Smiley SadSmiley Happy