1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone starting chemo in August?

Re: anyone starting chemo in August?

yes meant Jo43 good to hear she is back in one piece

Know what you mean re wig looking too perfect Im a tie it up and go kind of gal and this sleek and elegant perfect bob seems not me.  I wore it today for meeting up for lunch at the Trafford centre then on way home in car get fed up of itching it so just whipped it off and threw it on the seat.  The relief and nice breeze on my bonce was immense!!

Evening Maisie's, well I've got a real chemo brain didnt make it to lymphodema clinic as I'd got wrong time and didnt have time to get there, little white lie phone call claiming nausea, sorry all Maisie's who have that cos I know it's horrible. Have never missed an appt before just goes to show what chemo does to you. Prob stress of yesterday too.
Hope Sam, kaz and pendragon enjoyed ther lunch out.
Glad you got your scan Christymay and hope you don't have to wait ages for results it was the worst time ever for me waiting for those .
Jacquie I hope your sister had good news from biopsy results, your right you couldn't make it up!!!!!
Breezy hope nausea passes soon it so consuming and takes all your energy just put feet up and get spoilt.
Chezz u mad Hun, running!!!!!! That's pants about blood test and they will have known as soon as blood got to lab it had clotted!!!! Not good enough they should pull there pants up!!
Penny crow I can't stop eating carbs and normally avoid them think it stops you feeling sick so your body craves them bit like when your pregnant that's my excuse anyway but jeans getting bit tight so going to have to do more exercise, trouble is my jobs very active and not allowed in now they won't recognise me when I go back, short hair ( I hope I've hair) and fat!!!
Genevre and rollercoaster sounds like we are at similar stage with hair . Got my wig ready but feels so self conscious in it it looks to perfect even though shoulder length and choppy I have curly hair passed shoulders and this looks like I've just stepped out of the salon!!!! Gonna have to get used to it though. When I tried bandana on my youngest (23 ) !!got really upset so it looks like its a wig when he's home. Might go for clippers weekend as I'm just putting of the enevitable but I know il have a meltdown it's so scary.
Rollercoaster have you tried chasing your scan results with bcn ? 3 weeks is a long time to wait could completely stress you out.
Skin getting better now on antibiotics I was itching like hell all week then got a few spots which got infected another se of chemo will be asking for piriton at onc appt next week
Hope everyone's se's ok , and you all had good days. I went shopping for kitchen cups and bought a dress and jumper instead!!!!!!!!
Been baking too , damn !!!!
Right off for something to eat thought I'd post while it was in oven xx jux

Is the Jo you mean Jo43? If so she has posted on the september thread and is back ok from dunking. xxx

has Jo checked in yet? Think she is up today?

Glad you got your scan done at last christymay. I had mine 3weeks ago and I'm still waiting for the results! Same for bone scan. It would be nice if someone realised we wait with baited breath for these results wouldn't it.

Is that everyone back from the bar today? Hope all done ok and managing their ses , xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

chrissymay im a moble carer and living in sick pay although my oh works is no joke at all, my wages are cut by over half and what happens after 28 weeks.

we had a lovely lunch time at the lakes but didnt eat so no chipe stoday boo hoo maybe enxt time cos the menu did look nice lol ill certainly have gavy just to keep up with my northern type lol. 

come home felt nice and relaxed and happy and had row with oh over my f....... cancer does he think it just disappears and not bother me at certain times, hes out now trying to be good fixing the fence that the dog likes to eat and keeping out of my way, 

hope everyone up today is ok and coping well there seems to be an awful lot of probs with sickness atm , surely theres something out there that works !!

Hi all

Gold 63 is back from chemo and she is feeling ok at the moment

Christy good they finally done scan now as you say its the bloody waiting game.

Hope everyone else good.  Well just got back in from lunch out and think I have replaced the calories lost on treadmill with added interest! OOPS!!!

Christymay. So glad you had scan at last. Like you I admire those who work/look after children while this is going on. I too was told I couldn't work due to being in customer services/returns dept in retail store, would be in contact with too many people. Agree SSP is a joke! How they expect people to live on it is anyone's guess!!

Hi all, they found a vein, thank the lord so scan has been done, just another waiting game, then heart scan mon!

They spoke about having a Hickman line fitted but I'm not sure?

I have so much respect for all the ladies who are bk at work or looking after young children, how on earth do you do it!?

As I'm a live in carer I can't go bk to work because of health & safety reasons, so have to try & live on statutory sick pay which is a joke!!

Hope all of you feeling poorly soon start to feel a bit more normal xxxx

Hello Maisies,

Cheezap – I can’t stop eating either, like morning sickness want to eat my way through it and can’t face most of the ‘good’ foods. Don’t think about ofsted, it’s not good for us! Glad you’re  feeling better this time.

Breezey – sorry you’re feeling rotten.  My mum used to say of all bad things ‘This too will pass’ – and it will.  Must remember to say it too myself on Tues when I hit chemo ward again.

Spikeyred  – good luck at hospital, poor you, as if you haven’t got enough to put up with!

Rollercoasterand Lols – I’m about the same stage as you hair-wise, horrible isn’t it?  It will be a relief when it’s all gone, then we can start getting used to being bald.  What freaks me most is eye-lashes – will they go too?  Completely identify with ‘mind going a bit’ – I keep forgetting things like what I started to say and why I went into the next room –I fully understand the meaning of stress now and that on top of chemobrain

Christymay  – good luck with vein-finding! What a gem your daughter is.  I don’t know what I’d do without my two.

Thanks Samjs – I never thought I’d say this but I know I’m going to miss the buzz of teaching

GillyR- hope facebook group goes really well.  I thought I might open a fb account specially, but to be honest I sometimes feel overwhelmed by the forum itself, blink and there are 10 more posts – only because you Maisies are so lovely and supportive!

PennyCrow – thinking of you, you spend lots of time doing Maisie-support, and you need some yourself!

Tasha – your tumour and regime puts my 1cm- clear lymph-nodes with some lympho-vasculer seepage into perspective.  Reading so many stories like yoursand fromother Maisies makes me determined to stop feeling sorry for myself.  Good luck.

Guest user
Not applicable

Chezzap - I am amazed by your work out on the treadmill!  Well done!  It's all I can do to contemplate getting up, showered and dressed at the moment.  That said, I did will much more lively week 3 last time so perhaps will be the same this time.  I am contemplating getting on my bike when feeling more lively, or even just on the exercise bike. 

Re carbs - yes, I know how you feel.  I'm definitely eating more and as I am not riding to and from work every day on bike I'm putting on weight.  I'll have to stop baking bread.

Yes i had terrible morning sickness when pregnant especially 3rd time - was sick and queasy all the way through conception to birth! Good job she turned out to be a gem. Also suffered terribly as a kid with travel sickness - am i doomed to chuck up?
I was told the same thing about chemo and seeing what a cocktail they've just given breezey, I don't feel optimistic about that regime if they try it either. I tried most of that last time and it didn't do the job for me. I feel a phone call to chemo nurse coming on. Have a good day all xx

yes thats what I was told too that if you have travel sickness or morning sickness more likely to feel lousy.

Well Im made up with myself cos I just jogged two miles on treadmill ,  getting better and further each time but have gotta make sure I dont go mad as Im very competitive with myself.  Just dont want to put on loads of weight during chemo cos I dont know why but am craving loads of carbs and am not even on the steroids.  Yesterday I had cereal for brekkie, 2 jacket potatoes for dinner and soup and bread for tea.  Im unstoppable!!!

Morning all, 

I was told that because I did not suffer from sickness during pregnancy, that I was less likely to suffer from nausea and sickness during the chemo.   Is it possible then that those who have bad se's of nausea/sickness  had it bad during pregnancy?

Breezy did you have bad sickness during pregnancy???

Guest user
Not applicable

I was given ondansetron and steroids iv , emend 1 tab for 3 days , ondansetron tabs 2 a day til sat, dexamethasone 3 tabs for 3 days , metacloPramide 3 times a day as back up so really should be ok lol xxx

morning maisies

Christy good luck with the second scan attempt

Breezy sorry to hear you feeling rotten.  33% done though you can do it

Genevre know what you mean re teaching.  I dont feel that I have the confidence to go into a classroom anymore and have that commanding prescence.  As I was dx when on mat leave by the time I go back will have been almost 2 years and God knows what the ofsted framework will be by then ha ha!!!

Sam, Ang and Kaz have a brill time today its great to meet up in real life.  Make sure you dont get chucked out of the  pub with all the raucous carrying on and make sure you order chips with gravy and get initiated ha ha!!!  Although Ang likes them anyways

Jacqui hope everything goes ok with your sister she must be petrified poor thing 

Spikey hope evrything goes well with the appointment and they sort it all out

Good luck to all at the bar today expecially Gold 63 as its her first.  I will text her later and see how she got on

Just come back from doing Sergio's bloods YET AGAIN as the sample last week apparently clotted and they only tell me after over a week of waiting for results.  Peed off beyond belief!

Oh breezey, so sorry you're having a bad time again, so much for assurances of that won't happen again eh. And there was me feeling all confident and ready for next time re the anti sick meds, uh oh. What did they give you this time? Hope you manage to keep holding on to your stomach and feel better soon. Hugs and good vibes xxx.
Guest user
Not applicable

This dunking doesn't agree with me 😞 Fec 2 day 2 , feel awful again despite Meds changed chronic headache and severe nausea , forced myself not to be sick though , am staying in bed drinking lots and will be back in land of living soon x

Morning hobnobs, ju sorry you have had a worrying time over the last few days, glad they have got you sorted. I'm off to take my red warm boob to hospital. 3 days in a row to London, feel like I'm a commuter again !! Hope all from yesterday are and today's dunkings go smoothly xxx

Thoughts are with all those at the bar today, hope you manage to keep standing and all your ses are minimal. Enjoy your time at Willen , Sam and others.
Ju, hope you managed to sleep well and have a better day today.
Christymay, hope you manage to get your scan done today , let us know how you get on.
Lols, lymph oedema clinic as well, what a pain, hope it goes ok. Sorry you've got to the traumatic hair stage, thats one I'm still struggling to get my head round. My eyebrows have just started leaking so guess it won't be long till I'm at the same place as you.

Look forward to hearing positive results from all those dunked today, have as good a day as possible all, hugs to all x
Guest user
Not applicable

Morning maisies, well EC cycle 2 day2 a third of the way to the end yipee! Had a good nights sleep for my first night and feel better this time than I did last time.

Good luck to the ladies at the bar today and any will appointments and scans, ju I will be thinking of you today keep your chin up hun. Sam glad your boob is better you should be so proud raising all that money and have a nice time with our fellow maisies today, love debs x x x 

Morning Maisies,  day 8 # 2 EC.  

Oh Ju what a horrible day for you, I'm so pleased it was good news.  I know what you mean about bringing things back my sister went for a bc appt and her mammogram showed a lump too!  She has to go back for core biopsy results today, I was straight back to when I had my diagnosis when she told me!  Hopefully hers is benign, you couldn't make it up though could you?  Have a good day girls and good luck for those at the bar today xx

Morning Maisie's, hope all goes as well as for ladies at bar today,

My second try for ct scan today do fingers crossed they can find a vein, I must have 1 somewhere

Slept for 5 hrs last night, went to healing so I think that helped!

Morning Maisie's, thanks for all lovely replies does help.
Good luck to the bar proper uppers today.
My hair is definetly on way if I pull a bit of hair it just comes out and doesn't hurt as it would normally, scary stuff !!!!
Lymphodema clinic today, the joys!!!
Hope everyone's se's are manageable. I don't actually feel to bad touch wood. Have a good day everyone xx ju

Good luck to Bakedwhenstresse, Jo43 and Gold63 for their dunking today.

Ju- what a worry you have had sure it did bring it all back. Hope you have a much better day today.geneve- I am  a tecaher too and it seems so strange not  to be gtting ready for school starting!!

Spikeyred, that does sound like a haematoma or infection- check it out asap. Venice mine wa slarge, it was so hard it actually felt as harda s my knee to touch. Luckily ladies my boob  appears to  be much better now. Wasn't good having that extra op but it has sorte dit out.

Had another dream last night aboyt Oh leaving me cos chemo made me bald and put on weight- I know it's irrational but it's so awful to think such things.  I had told him I am worried about these SEs especially as we are getting married next May and he says, he is marrying me the person  which is lovely  but still doesn't totally make me feel better about what I may look like.

On a more positive note me, Kaz and Pendragon are meeting in Milton Keynes today for coffee which is very exciting.  Hopefully  Jo and Rollercoaster will be able to join us next time.

Anyway must  get going as I need to  go and pay all that fundraising money in today.

xxx

Morning Maisie's tax no2 day 9 not feeling to bad think cel count must have dropped as last night couldn't stop falling asleep watching tv so went to bed at 10 slept well just hoping I don't pick up a bug this time although onc lowered my tax by 10% so hopefully won't , glad everyone one was fine at the bar yesterday and good luck to all those up today luv to all xxxx. Rose

Morning Maisie's, just want to say Good Luck to all of you at the bar today, hope all goes ok with minimal SEs xx

Good luck to all at the bar tomorrow x

Hi Nicola, hope you're OK.  Hair falling out has made me feel panicky even  though I knew it was going to happen.  Had a drastic crop today ready for round 2 on Tuesday.  I've had less se than you and been really lucky this time but feel am losing concentration and forgetting things all the time which makes me wonder what it'll be like when I go back to my teaching job in 6 months or so! Rang the chemo ward and nurse said feeling scared and losing confidence is normal so we must try not to worry! Take care xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening maisies, 2nd chemo done no sickness so far just tired, one more done. Ju I am not surprised you were upset and stressed, thank god it was good news. Remember though we are here for you come what may and if you can't tell us your fears and worries then who can you tell. You have my mobile number and can call me anytime if you need to chat hun. You take care and get a good nights rest. Good luck to the girls at the bar tomorrow and any with appointments, big hugs to you all night night sweet dreams love debs x x x 

Ju sounds like you had a **bleep** day hugs to you xxxxxxx

Im in touch via text with Gold 63 so will let you know how she gets on

here here Roller couldnt agree more

I found out from reading July thread how to see the posts when you reply to thread.  You press the button that says view discussion as a pop up that then creates a tab at top of page so you can alternate between your reply and the posts if that makes sense

Guest user
Not applicable

Up to the Bar tomorrow (30th August) we have Bakedwhenstresse, Jo43 and Gold63.  Good luck to all of you and I hope you get some rest tonight before the big day.

Good night all and may all your side effects be small ones.

Penn x

Lols, that sounds like a really stressful day! Glad its over for you and OH and all turned out to be ok. I'm not surprised you're tired. Hope you manage to sleep well tonight and have a better day tomorrow. The thing about this forum is we're all here for each other on the good days and the bad ones, and aren't we all glad about that. Hugs xx

Ju, so glad you got that sorted - what a worry for you and OH!   Hope you have a restful and peaceful night and feel lots better tomorrow. Smiley Happy

Annie x

Hi Maisie's hope everyone's ok and se 's doable. Didnt post yesterday or today until now as found a lump under armpit bc side yesterday morning so i was a bit off colour yesterday due to anxiety, anyway after a long day , night and morning attended bc clinic this afternoon. Saw my surgeon who suggested fat necrosis went straight for ultrasound and same confirmed so big relief , should eventually get reasorbed it's due to trauma. Got to say though being back in ultrasound room brought it all back , the initial dx and treatment. OH was with me and was really upset, all over with now though. Also got skin infection so was then a visit to gp for antibiotics, I've had better days but never mind. I've the joy of a lymphodema clinic appt tomorrow for a check up. What a life so exciting.
Big thanks also to coco ( meg ) and chezz for their fab support thanks girls.
Spoke to bc nurse today about steroids she said some times they do reduce them for you after first chemo and se's but chat to onc or their team.
I've been reading all your posts but mind gone abit tonight so tired, everyone sounds upbeat and the support is brill.
Hope I havnt depressed anyone with the above ramble but didnt want to mention it till I had answers.
Off to bed now shattered from all this cancer stress, hope everyone sleeps well xx ju x

welcome back from the bar Maisies, hope the se will be kind to you. Gill I think I may have a haematoma too, came home from day in London and had to change my bra as so much hair had fallen into it it was really itching, noticed my boob from the WLE is red and warm and hard, of course this was at 5.30 so everyone gone home, will ring my bcn in the morning and see what she has to say xxx

Wow chezzap, whatever that is it sounds amazing stuff, (just right for amazing augusts). I hope they offer me that too. Glad you're having an easier cycle , you can rest easy now.
Guest user
Not applicable

hi im back too got ther at 9 left at 3, blood machine made my test clot so had to wait over 2 hours for them to retest.

my picc line plaster is already peeling off i asked for another one she said we cant cos of risk of infection, just use micropore tape.  also oncology reg gave me a months supply of my heart meds as my gp still cant get it right. 

hope those up today are ok and not too many se's. have a lovely evening xxx

Annie I didnt have to take the steroids this time as I had an anti sickness with the iv chemo that lasts the whole cycle.  I feel so much better this cycle.  I cant  remember the name of the long lasting  drug but its form same family as ondanzetron and begins with P.

Hope you get it sorted soon Gill to put your mind at rest xx

hi saw GP today re- query hematoma . She is nding me for an ultrasound to make sure it is a hematoma says she can feel a lump approx 3cms this is in the affected breast WLE I am panicking again now surely it cant be a reaccurrance so soon . She is saying the pinkness is not near the lump its underneath

Thanks for the advice, ladies -  Jacquie it's not the sleep factor with me, it's the way the steroids make me feel!  I only have the one dose to take in the morning - wonder why we all seem to have different doses/length of time on them?

Will probably persevere, though - don't want to take any unnecessary risks!

Hi girls I asked if I could miss the 2nd dose of dex but nurse said they prevent allergic reactions as well as anti sickness, she suggested taking them at 0700 and 11am which I did and I slept so much better having them that early, so maybectry that too Annie?  Xx

welcome back Annie and breezy

Guest user
Not applicable

Glad your ok Annie , I actually asked nurse today what the steroids actually do that's positive for me and she said they are a great help and are multi purpose not just for sickness but also to give us energy and help us function better so it's swings and roundabouts I think x

I know what you mean about the steroids and it is tempting to skip them but believe me the alternative is much worse! At least you need to talk to your onc/chemo nurses before you reject the pills. The vomiting will leave you feeling like you've been run over by a steam roller if it gets started. Take care xx

Glad you are back quicker this time Annie also that the experience was better for you xxx