cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone starting chemo in August?

samjs

Re: anyone starting chemo in August?

Hi maisies, 

Th fb ladies will already know this but I haven't gone to Greece. I was scared I would end up with dvt as I am less than 4 weeks post ops added to the fact I have had 3 ops in 8 weeks.  I hate the way this bloody cancer has changed how I think about things. Before this I would have just gone. 

Rollercoaster good news on your results. I saw Dr's registrar yesterday and should be starting on the 18th as long as my ecg and echo have been done. Back there next Friday for prechemo visit. Where are you on about that does a drop in session and free complimentaries?

Gilly and Ju are both up tonight then. Ju don't be put off that gilly is used to showing nakedness now after her plunge in the sea.

Not sure if anyone is up for dunking today but if so hope all goes well. Also hope SEs are minimal for everyone.

Xxx

Christymay

Hi girlies I've been to therapy they offer, I chose reiki & it was lovely, so relaxing I fell asleep, I go to healing now too which Is calming & helps me sleep better that night, I just went cuz I thought same as you Chezza would get me out cuz I'm so bored!

definately worth a go!
chezzap

Spooky my local hospice just rang and have booked me for 5 sessions starting next Wed.  Dont know what they entail as such but gonna give it a go it gets me out the house

Rollercoaster

Hey girls, has anyone been to try the complimentary therapies yet? We have a place that does them for free for cancer patients. I've been to have a chat with them today and have been booked for 6 sessions to start. They also have a drop in so you meet others going through the same things and can sup tea and natter. Sounds good, will keep you posted on how it goes.

Still no movement on the hair front, apart from a runny nose. Did see a lady who is using the cold cap and has just had her 2nd dunking and her hair is falling out , she has a really wide parting.

Annie, glad you're feeling better today, thats another thing crossed off your list as done. Onwards and upwards xxx

I watched a clip on youtube of a lady putting make up on a chemo face. The last bit she did was put mascara on her 7 remaining eyelashes, made me chuckle that she could actually count them.

Oh well, need to do some shopping now, chat later, xx
Lols

Chezz my phone won't take pics for some reason. Just tried to do my hair for session this pm , can't as to much falling out now got hat on with a bit of fringe , off out now so here goes hope I cope feel weird like this . Hot too!!!!! X
chezzap

Lols will text you a photo of what I .look like hopefully it wont frighten you too much!!

Christymay

I know wat u mean debs, my oh was rubbing mine last night( my head) I said get bloody off I want to keep wat I got for as long as poss! He said its not comin out as he wipes his hand full of bristles on his leg! Bless!! Gotta love em xxx
Christymay

Now I know why my nose keeps running! The hair has gone out of there, keep rubbing my hair & some coming away so think this time nxt wk I def be bald!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi hun I know about the hair thing I seem to be picking blond hairs off anyone coming near me. I'm sure hoover is going to blow up there is that much of it but other half thinks I still have alot on. Obviously he hasn't seen the parting getting wider oh the joys !!! X x
Lols

Just had bath have to report quite a few below hairs when water gone took a lot of rinsing and cleaning. Look like a half Brazilian on cards soon! It's def off tonight chezz I can't stand this anymore . Bought a fringe yesterday to go under hats £14 pound looks like a small dead blonde rat and curls in wards!! Left it under books all night need it cutting , what a sight. Can't straighten it cos it will melt, books did nothing.
Gilly good luck if you do the deed tonight I have no choice now it's either that or do a comb over! That's an easy choice , full works is better i think. There's even hair falling on the bloody Hoover as I'm hoovering should have just hoovered my head!!!
chezzap

Good luck if you do the deed Ju.

Have heard that the body hair starts to go with more cycles as its more resilient.  My head hair is very thin but still growing at the top Im gonna end up with a Mohican at this rate!

Eyebrows still very much intact as are lashes and other unwanted facial hair!!

GillyR

I know what you mean about it annoying you when it falls on your face Ju. Mine is just starting to fall , seems to be front and sides, the back isnt moving. Tonight is clipper night for me, dont want to see it all going. My OH will have a field day...lol xx

Annie62

Hi all, feeling better today - less queasy - touch wood!

My nose hair's still there, but my upper lip hair doesn't seem to have grown back since I last got rid of it a couple of weeks ago, which is a bonus!  Seem to have gone a bit sparse in the nether regions, too! Smiley LOL

Eyelashes and brows still clinging on - does anyone know when they go?

Annie x

Lols

Hi debs my nose hair gone to. Wondered why my nose was sore and had a look dunno when I lost that though didnt notice. To be honest the hair falling out thing is annoying me now I can't move for it might be glad tonight to get Rid of it, feels horrible when falls on face all itchy. Going to Hoover now it's all over bedroom and bathroom floor, happy days. Hope it goes off face get odd one under chin occasionally what's the betting they keep coming!!!! X
Guest user
Not applicable

Morning maisies, goid luck to any at the bar today and those with appointments. Dee glad your side effects are subsiding abit now hun, did you get a seaband? If not I have a spare one I will send you if you want. Ju I lost my nose hair ages back now so nose seems to run alot, other body hair still there. Like you said what is all that about but I heard it all goes too except underarm hair aaargh! 

I'm not doing too bad compared to last dunk but getting a few bone aches now due to steroids, ibuprofen will sort that out lol! Have a good day all love debs x x x

Christymay

Morning Maisie's, hope all slept well & se not too bad, & hope all goes smoothly for everybody at the bar today, got heart scan this aft so got that to look forward to!!

It's a bit cloudy here in Worcestershire, I'm sure I read we were getting another heatwave?
Lols

Really , bummer thought regular leg shave would be a thing of past from now on. Hair going to night chezz after lgfb session it's beginning to choke me now can't move for damn hair everywhere
Christymay

Apparently we do lose all body hair? Only wat I've been told, think maybe as we get to dunking 3/4 ? I've been waiting for the leg hair to drop out but nothing yet so had to give in & shave!!
chezzap

Ju none and I mean none of my other hair has gone.  not even a bit

Lols

Girls does arm and leg hair and other hair stay? Bit ironic I am losing head hair like there s no tomorrow but having to shave legs and under arms this morning, what's that all about? Any advice ?
Guest user
Not applicable

Morning Maisies well Fec 2 day 6 feeling a bit better today still bunged up due to Meds but determine to have a good day and hopes the nausea is on it's way out , good luck to all at bar and appointments today , have a good day all xxx
Rollercoaster

Thanks for that hotcatz, i followed the link. I had a look but there doesn't seem to be any days in my area, RAH! Oh well, back to the drawing board I guess. xxx
Lols

I booked mine through maggies. Get em booked girls as waiting lists are long. You get loads of free goodies to main thing though is advise on makeup etc when no hair. Il let u all know if they tell me anything really useful. I would still be waiting but when I phoned about wig cutting yesterday they had just had a lgfg cancellation think they felt sorry for me and asked me did I want it.
hotkatz_ingoa

Rollercoaster. I picked up a leaflet about look good feel better at Macmillan area in hospital, or go to www.lgfb.co.uk Haven'y booked mine yet, but will definitely go.Bev x
Rollercoaster

Hi all, Hope all had a good night, I'm assuming you all did as there were no posts at any stupid o clock . Where do you find out about the look good feel good days, have heard of them but not got any info on how to get to go on them .

Glad to see the positive comments re emend, thats what I'm asking for this time round, really hope it works for me.

Hope all ses are manageable today and appointments/ dunkings etc go well for all, have a good one everybody xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Morning Bakes,  I am from the June group.  Just a quick tip for you, emend and ondestrone work brilliantly,  however the inevitable constipation is horrendous.   Lactolose or movicol is a must..

Ann

Lols

Morning bakes when stressed it did work. Hope it all goes ok for you and nausea stays away x ju
Bakeswhenstres

Morning all. Don't know whether this will work as internet connection in hospital is v dodgy. I can read this and fb posts but can't post on fb myself or send or receive emails. Very frustrating! Doing well so far, my bloods were low yesterday morning and they made noises about postponing treatment for a week but have decided to live dangerously and go ahead. After making a huge fuss about the nausea last time I'm getting Emend evrry day thid week in addition to my pre-chemo meds, and will get ondansetron to take home. Hopefully no more A&E trips this time!
spikeyred

Morning all. Good luck to those going to the bar today. Lols have a fab time at the look good feel better day, I hear they are great and just waiting to get a date for mine. Christymay I used facebook for a couple of groups only until recently and it worked really well. Shout if you need a hand it would be great if you and anyone else can join us. I used to be very anti facebook but the group section is brilliant. Have a good day to all the Maisie's. xx
Lols

Morning Maisie's, hope everyone ok. Meg me and you have a similar clock! Perhaps it's all that nursing!!! Take it easy today Hun.
Hair situation shocking its getting very thin it will be gone tonight!! Yikes
Look good session today lets see if they can work miracles.
Sam have a fab time , behave NOT!!
Everyone at bar and with appts good luck. Have a good day all of you x ju x
Coco0896

Morning Maisie's, hope all of you are up at the bar today get on ok and your SEs are minimal. Hi Chezza, am starting on of the books on Thursday as have an 8 hour training journey to Glasgow so that should keep me busy, am in the process of looking at books for you and will be in touch soon!! Hope you are all ok today and enjoy some more late summer sun. Speak later meg xx
Rollercoaster

Thanks for all your lovely comments girls, had a lovely relaxing evening with friends planning the weekend trip to Hyde Park, so looking forward to it now. Hope everyone dunked today is doing ok, everyone going tomorrow has minimum ses and all get good results from tests and appointments. Dead jealous of Sam having a week in the greek sunshine . My second dunking is next monday too christymay, the actual treatment was ok last time, it was the after effects that were so bad, I just hope they get the meds right this time. Need to sleep now, nite all, sleep well xx
Christymay

Thanks Gilly, I can't keep my eyes open anymore so will have a look tomorrow, put it on my not so busy schedule, if I get stuck I might be calling on your help if that's ok, night night amazing Maisie's, big hugs to all xxx
GillyR

Christy, if you go on your account you could delete all friends you have on there. You dont have to have any friends to belong to the group. If you delete everyone at least you can come and play with us on there, it is much more personal xxx

Christymay

Oki doki will do thanks ladies xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Christy Gilly knows what she's doing, PM her and she'll know how to do it x
Christymay

Yes I did but deactivated my account cuz I had a few problems wen I was on Facebook & not sure if re activating my account meant I was still friends with everybody I was with before? Not sure how to set up a new account cuz would really love to join you all xxx
GillyR

Christy, you joined us at the beginning and then left again, did you not? xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Just start a basic page you don't need photos or personal information, just your email address. I got my daughter to show me how to work it and I'm sure pennycrow won't mind me telling you she's a FB newbie but she's mastered it too xxx
chezzap

yes thats the one its coming back to me now.  That w as a great family day despite being bleeding freezing!!!  The onc should def change your meds this time so it wont be as bad

YEp agreed  Corrie was a tear jerker.  Gonna be awful watching it the next few months

Christymay

I haven't got a Facebook account xxx
Lucy58

Yes, they were all taken to Lancaster Castle in 1612 to be hung.  Church you visited would be St Mary's in Newchurch, where you probably looked at the Nutter grave (by church entrance) and the 'all seeing eye' of god,  at the top of the tower.  Not as easy now as it was to walk up Pendle, because of the huge stone steps.  Last time I attempted, I only got half way up and gave up because of my asthma Smiley Frustrated

Thanks......hopefully onc will adjust my meds tomorrow.

Guest user
Not applicable

Why don't you girls come on Facebook our group is totally private , gill has tested it thoroughly x
Christymay

Hope all goes well Tom Lucy, I've got my 2nd dunking nxt mon & I'm dreading it more than 1st time as I know wat to expect!

Sam I'm chuffed for you going away Tom it wil do you the world of good, enjoy!

& I know wat you mean about corrie, I used to watch it but can't now, my planner is full & really don't know if I'm brave enough to watch it again!

Feel like I'm missing out not being on Facebook?? xxxx
chezzap

yay it worked thanks Lucy.  Yes I remember trying to walk to the top of that blinking hill and the wind was howling.  We went to a cemetery too I think .  Werent the witches made to walk miles before they were executed?  I was only 16 when we went so memory bit fuzzy.

Good luck tomorrow at the bar hope you find it easier than last time

Lucy58

Chezza......apologies I forgot to put the http bit in the link.  Hope this one now works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5IMeQZEDlA

Roller......great news about your results Smiley Happy

Hope all went well for those at the bar today.  I'm not looking forward to my 2nd dunking tomorrow......hope that bloods taken today are all ok for chemo to go ahead.  If anything like last time, I was totally floored for 4 days, so if I do not manage to get online and post how I am, apologies in advance.

Good luck to all other dunkees tomorrow, and for those going later on in the week  xx

chezzap

Meg have you started any of the books yet?  My mate brought round a few Martina Cole and a couple of Val Mcdermid I hadnt read yet so those will keep me busy for few weeks

Coco0896

So pleased for you Rollercoaster that is such good news, hope all of you are ok this evening, hope you are ok Ju know how distressing it is for you over your hair situation and Sam so pleased to hear you are getting to go on Holiday, have a great time. Hope all of you are ok this evening and everyone at the bar today has been ok. All best wishes for those of you up tomorrow, will be thinking of you. take Care Maisie's and am so glad you are all here xxx
chezzap

brilliant news Roller

Guest user
Not applicable

Wow fab news hun on ct and bone scan I know how I felt getting the all clear, sending big hug x x x