Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone starting chemo in August?

Highlighted

Re: anyone starting chemo in August?

Daisymegan is on facebook and is a regular poster on there, Anna Stefania. xx

Highlighted

Sam hope you manage to do something nice with OH even for a weekend away for some time together.

Daisymegan not on FB either as far as am aware so hope she is ok

Thanks for asking Roller - Sergio is full of a cold and wheezing like mad just had to give him the puffer thing to help him breathe.  GOnna ask Jose to take him back to a and e tomorrow as my GP is useless.

Hope you ok JUlie after your dunking

Highlighted

Deb, we have the full list on facebook. If you go onto the files and look at the main list that Alix did on 29th August, everyone is on there with regimes and dates xxx

Highlighted

Evening all, I just wanted to say good luck to any at the bar tomorrow and any with appointments. I have to admit my head is shedded and not sure when everyone is up now at the bar.  

Thinking of you all and sending hugs, Debs x x x

Highlighted

Roller coaster how do you keep up with everybody? You amaze me!
Highlighted

Sam, get something booked for the 2 of you and have some time away this week, it doesnt matter where you go.

I have onc appointment tomorrow too, before next weeks dunking. I am just praying I am as lucky on the 2nd as I was on the first one.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow Rollercoaster

xxx

Highlighted

Hi all , hope your all well, I've been to get prosthesis breast today which is good, then went to counselling, had a good cry & let it all out, poor woman!!

I know wat you mean Sam my OH doesn't know wat to say or do with me, think he feels guilty cuz he is stil able to get on with his life as before!!
That book sounds good I will look for it!
Another exciting day Tom got onco app, do they just go through how chemo went? Maybe get results of scans? Xxxx
Highlighted

I just don't think he knows what to do with me xxx

Highlighted

I know what you mean about the boobs out thing, I'm thinking of making a charge every time now so I can donate it to charity! Sorry to hear you and OH are having a tough time, just when you least need it too. So not what you need, sending you lots of hugs and hope he comes round soon, xxx
Highlighted

Roller coaster, onc appointment went ok. As i had read up on everything there were no surprizes. The registrar was fine, course I had to get the boobs out again- I don't think I need an excuse now!! I am going back a week on Friday for my pre chemo visit then start the following Friday. Think they would have done pre visit earlier but I told them i was going away!!

I have been and joined the library today  to try and get some books on journalling but they only had scrapbooking which is similar. I picke dup  scarpbooking and card making books and  How i said Bah to Cancer. The author is an Edward De Bono trainer so I thought it might have some tips in it for when I am havinga crisis. It does have some good stuff in it. Already nearly half way through.

Deb would still love to get away but as I have been almost silent for two days in the house not sure OH wants to take me anywhere. He needs to hurray otherwise I am  going to book somewhere just for me!!

Highlighted

Hi all, slept a bit so feeling a bit better now, thanks for all your good wishes. Had to give in and take some loperamide, just hope they do the trick!

Chezzap, the other Dixie chick is Daisymegan, hope shes ok, haven't seen any posts from her fora while , guess shes on FB instead. Hope you get good results from sergios blood test, it cant be any fun getting blood tests from an 11 month old. How does he seem to you, is he still wheezy?

Debs, glad to hear you're having an easier time this time round. I still have to discuss meds with my onc, hope I can have the emend this time.

Sam, it sounds like you're going through the mental mill. It is horrible dealing with bc, its all the undocumented ses besides the ones they document! Like chezzap says, people say don't you look well, they don't have a clue whats going on in your life or in your head, they mean well but it makes you feel like screaming sometimes. Could you start to plan your next holiday, enjoy the planning so that as soon as you can you can just book it, a bit like the carrot and donkey story. Somehow it shifts the focus to the future when we're past this stage. Btw, how did you get on with your onc? Did you say you got his registrar instead? What was he like?

Breezey, i quite agree with you, its been a lovely day despite me feeling pants. Hope this weather lasts a long time! I was dreaming last night about hair and the lack of it, not that its on my mind or anything. I am taking courage from all you that have done the deed already, I know its coming but I'm not ready yet.

Georgina, hope your dunking went ok and you're back home safe and sound with your stash of pills to post. Hope you know by now that the thought is worse than the deed, most ses are manageable without too much trouble. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Lucy, I don't know where shake my tush comes from, its not a local thing. It just comes out every now and again. Thanks for your post earlier, i do feel better although the cyclizine and loperamide are making me sleepy as well, thats easier to cope with than the other thing! Hope you're still doing ok after your dunking yesterday.

Julie, hope you're doing ok after your first dunking too. The nurses in the chemo unit are lovely, calm and reassuring, just what we need under stressful circumstances we are in. Just wish all oncs took a leaf out of their book.

Jacquie, you managed a retreat to your holiday cottage, good for you, hope you have a good week.

Lols they must be able to do bloods on the same day coz if they decide on one test your levels are too low they repeat on the day before they start your chemo. Like you say it will just mean waiting around a bit at the hospital but it will be well worth that to get a break.

Christymay, i know how you feel re next monday. All we can do is enjoy this week and deal with next week when we get there. At least we know what to expect this time round and if you're having 6 dunkings, this one will mean we're a third of the way through. I keep a list of things to be done and cross them off, it makes me feel like I'm getting somewhere through this minefield. We can do this and kick cancers butt!

Well my dears thats the end of my epistle, sorry if I've missed anyone. Hope all are doing as well as they can, really appreciate everyones support on here, it really helps me get through this horror story. Hugs to all xxx

Highlighted

Has anyone heard from Pennycrow today? She has had a rough time but always checks in with us every day so I am a bit worried xx

Highlighted

hi everyone

Good luck to anyone up today.

Roller the dixies are you, me, Lols, and Claire 1979 cant remember the fifth from top of head.

Been in work today and everyone said  ooh dont you look well.  I know they mean well but oyu get sick of it after a bit.

Ju hope you are feeeling a bit better today

Sergio ahs had his bloods done again just waiting for results again now

Highlighted

Sam I don't blame you for feeling grumpy still I would too hun! Could you go somewhere in UK for a couple of days instead? I know its not the same but I've found a change of scenery helps abit each cycle? Sending a big hug hun x x
Highlighted

Hi all, back from wig fitting now. Think I got it just in time as the hair has suddenly started falling out this morning and the front of my head where my fringe is hurts, guess this is the bit I've been dreading then. Think in part I had stupidly got a bit wound up about the wig appointment , didnt realise that to begin with but started to feel better afterwards .
I called into the chemo unit while out, (got wrist slapped as you're supposed to phone first) she checked pulse, bp, etc and said all seems to be ok but go and see GP about the fainting bit. Actually feeling better now, I took a cyclizine for the nausea which helped but I feel a bit spaced out again, will sleep after lunch see if that helps. So tired right now, sorry I cant keep up with where everyones at, just hope all have a good day. Show me the sofa somebody. xxx
Highlighted

Morning ladies,

Sorry to hear about your fainting fit Rollercoaster. Hope you are well today.

I hope anyone up for a dunking today gets it done and are ok. Hope all other recent dunkers SEs are minimal. I seem to have lost where everyone is and at what stage so please ignore my ignorance when not mentioning many names.

Gilly is a proper skinhead girl. I have told OH and his  mates (all bald) I will have a photo taken with them when I reach that stage. They have informed be only the most beautiful  are ever allowed to be  bald so girls we are beautiful(stop shaking your head Ju,).

Breezy enjoy your day out with your little soldier. My big soldier has gone on away for a few days with his gfriend to Spain. I do miss doing things with little people, that;'s one of the reasons I will miss school so much. 

Georgina I am in the middle of you and Jo43, in Northants. 

Coco how are you doing now? 

Ju I know our  hospital will do it on the day especially if people have been borderline in  previous days. Worth asking for sure.

Still a grumpy bum here and OH very quiet- I feel like screaming I can't bloody help it, do you think I want to feel like this!!!! Grrrrrrr. However Ju did make me smile this morning, eh Ju 😉

xx

Highlighted

Morning ladies, nice and sunny here in Yorkshire. 

Good luck to all the maisies at the bar today sending big hugs.  Well I'm not doing too bad cycle 2 day 7, bit achey and got the furry mouth thing going on again but not sick thank god. I hope all your se's are minimal and doable too girls.  Ju I feel for you hun and I will be in bits too when my time comes to get rid of my hair, i just can't see me looking normal with no hair on.  The maisies are a real inspiration though with how they have all dealt with it and put pickies on facebook and they all look really good.  I know its only my opinion but before all this when I saw anyone who had their head shaved when I was out my first thought was how strong and brave they were. Not because they had their head shaved and were walking about, but because I couldn't begin to think of what they were having to go through and the strength they needed!  Well here we are girls and that is us now so heads up, walk tall because I'm sure there will be others that will think the same as I did, so its not sympathy they feel but a sense awe! Besides that we will all get to have new hairstyles when it grows back, love and hugs to all x x x 

Highlighted

Good luck Georgina, you will be fine, it is not as bad as you think it will be hunni xxx

Highlighted

Ju, I did mine to half an inch last night and it was really uncomfortable in bed too, so I took mine to quarter of an inch this morning and it is definitely better xx

Highlighted

Good morning 🙂 it's a beautiful day here in the midlands and I am dragging myself up and out to spend the last day of the holidays with my little soldier . Hope everyone at bar or with apts is ok and everyones Ses are minimal , I had to laugh lol at your comment about eyes , everyone has said to me wow your eyes are so big and beautiful now and I'm sat there thinking they r the sane eyes I've always had ? Well I am fec 2 day 7 and most of my number one hair cut has now got bald smooth shiny spots and I am covered in bristles lol I will be glad when this next stage is over and I'm a proper baldy , my nose hair and eyebrows are sParse , body hair quite minimal and it's just the hairs on my actual arms that is still exactly same lol , anyway well done to everyone shaving or that has shaved the face book pics look wonderful and what's lovely is we all do look the same people which is very important , enjoy the sunshine girls x
Highlighted

Hi Christymay

I'm stepping up today at 1:30pm - got to take anti sickness one hour before, along with lots of water/juice.

Anticipation of SEs are now getting to me now................ was alright at 7am this morning.

Georgina.

Highlighted

Hi Christymay

I'm in Coventry - you?

Georgina

Highlighted

Morning all,

Good luck to all at the bar today, and hope se's minimal.

Roller - hope you feeling better, and the runs and nausea have run away. Fainting could have been due to loss of fluids. I started a few days after my 1st chemo, but loperamide soon kicked in and cured it. Never heard of the saying 'shake my tush'. Must be a local saying in your area?

Lols, know exactly how you feel. Even with a no.1haircut, my head was so irritating and painful. I eventually got the razor out and got rid of it all. Yes, easy maintenance, and I still reach for the hair brush. By the time my hair does start growing again, I'll have got out of the habit and then forget to brush it! If you go out without wig - don't forget to put sun screen on your head.

Jackie, have a lovely time at your holiday cottage. Hope you enjoy your day out to Hadrian's wall. Last time I was there was over 40 years ago when on a trip from school.  

Still feeling quite good after my 2nd dunking yesterday. Heavy head, but no headache thank goodness, and shattered. I was wide awake watching tv at 3.30 a.m. Nurse coming this afternoon to give me my level boosting injection. I should be going to the hospital for my 3month endometrial cancer checkup, but have postponed that as don't feel up to going.  

Spikey, not good when chemo delayed as we like to get it all over and done with. Hopefully, you will have no further delays. Enjoy your lunch trip and chin wag with Gilly. 

Christy, hope appointments go well today. Yes, hopefully your levels will be ok with all the green veg you are eating.

Beautiful day here. Hope those of you that are feeling ok can make the most of the sun x

Highlighted

Finally had my first dunking yesterday after two previous delays and now all feels abit surreal. The nurse who did it was fantastic and so reassuring which helped a lot. Took me a while to get to sleep last night as felt a bit odd but then slept well. Ok today, so out for a quick shop for my son's birthdate pressie then home to sit out the garden and read as its so gorgeous today. Going to take each day as it comes and good luck to the rest of you who are so much further along than me, being on this forum helped me to be so much more prepared and knowing you are not alone helps so much. Thank you. Jxx
Highlighted

Hi Lols, my chemo unit does bloods and chemo on the sme day for some. There is a bit of a wait whilst the results come and then the chemo made up. I'm sure they will do it for you, the holiday would be worth the hanging around xx
Highlighted

Morning Maisie's, anybody at the bar today, good luck! & hope all se are not too bad for others who have been up last few days!

I've got 2 apps today.. Such a busy life!

been living on green veg & drinking plenty of water( pretending it was gin). Ready for my bloods on fri cuz known my luck they will be down .

Feel almost ' normal' then know after mon I will be like a zombie again!!

Sorry girls just having a rant!!

Leave you all to plod on, take care xxx
Highlighted

Rollercoaster fainting might be connected to the diarrhoea , losing a lot of body fliud fast so to speak bp probably dropped. Hope your ok now.
My next chemo is Monday too I'm one of Dixie chicks, can't wait NOT.
Well Maisie's shaved head again this morn as hurt all night been up since 2 am so sore, number 1 all over this morn, still can't look at it though. OH says it makes my eyes stand out!!!!! Bless he's trying to help.
Hope all at bar have good days, and all with appts.
Weather boiling here and I can't go out like this so il melt today with wig on.
Chezz have a good day in work I'd love a day on my ward but I'm completely banned mind you I'm sure the first day back il be looking into annual leave.
Anyone know if you can have your blood taken same day as your chemo due. When we go to cottage I. Few weeks time it's Saturday to Saturday and chemo on the Monday after I'm home but normally have bloods taken at GPS on the Friday. Can't make it there it's too far so wondering if they can do them Monday at hospital before chemo ? Il ask but would like to say I know of others who have had it done same day!!!!!! I know it means hanging around all day but better than finishing holiday early.
Well it won't take long to do my hair this morn!!!!
Have good day all Maisie's, enjoy the weather xx ju
Highlighted

Morning Maisies from my lovely holiday cottage!  Roller that doesn't sound good!  Maybe you were dehydrated from all the diarrhoea?  I think I would ring your helpline as you fainted, they will want to know.  Hope you're feeling better now and try to keep your fluids up, difficult when you're nauseous I know.   Good luck to all dunkees today, next week doesn't seem very far away, I would never have thought 3 weeks would go so quickly each time!  Off to Hadrians wall today so I'd best shake a leg! Xx

Highlighted

Morning girls, hope all ok today. Thoughts with those going for dunking or appointments today. I get my second dose on monday 9th all being well. there was 5 of us dixie chicks for monday, I will have to find out who the others are besides me and christymay. I thought the 3rd week was meant to be the good week and it was until yesterday, then 3 doses of diarrohea. Went to bed early as shattered then woke at 5am for another go, felt nauseous and fainted on the bathroom floor! Whats that all about? Took the temp , it was up at 37.1. Went back to sleep and temp has gone back down just feel queasy again. I'm supposed to have wig fitting today at 9am, lets see if I can do vertical first! Anyone else had any of this? Seems to be lots of hair cutting/shaving going on, how are you feeling today those that have been brave on this one? Well I have to shake my tush, talk later girls, have a good one xxx
Highlighted

Morning Maises, Lols well done for doing the deed, trust me you will get used to it and it is so much better when the head doesn't hurt so much. Have bought so many lovely scarves I'm actually looking forward to be wearing them all. Lucy and genevre hope you had a restful night and the se have been ok. I think it is rollarcoster, hotkatz and Lynn up for today so good luck girls.. I have had my chemo cancelled for this week due to boob being infected. At least I have another week feeling well. Am going to be given emend next time and the injections for the white cell booster. Hope you all have a good day, I'm off to meet Gilly R for pub lunch xxxx
Highlighted

Morning Maisie's, hope you are all ok. Lots of thoughts for all those due at the bar today and hope you get on ok. Well done Lols and Gilly for what you did yesterday, and just to say Lols, Gilly does look from the 1980s with her hair cut, but she is looking good!!!!!! Have a good day one and all and hope SEs are minimal Love Meg xxx
Highlighted

We will all get used to it Ju. I hope you feel a bit more positive tomorrow hunni xxx

Highlighted

Night girls. Well done gilly xx I'm in bed with hat on!!!!!!!! Not the bet look but all I can manage right now x
Highlighted

Well done Gilly , big hugs xxx
Highlighted

Night night Lols xxxx
Highlighted

Ju I am shaved to a number 3 and have left a little fringe, so I look like a 1980's skinhead. It is weird and I am not as grey as I thought I was. You will get used to it hunni. Loads of us have put pictures on the facebook page of our heads shaved, I wish you could see them too, it would make you feel better, honest. Big hugs xxx

Highlighted

Cheers girls, off to bed now. I'm from Lancaster all them who are chatting about it. Went to secondary school there and bruv still lives there . Sleep well girls x
Highlighted

I hope I'm not as bad the 2 nd time round on Monday, sounds like its a bit easier for you Lucy, thank the lord!

I'm going tomorrow to see about getting a prosthesis boob, great a new hair do & boob in 1 week, wat more could a girl ask for. 😔
Highlighted

Lols , a traumatic experience, but in time, you do get used to seeing yourself in the mirror. I had to get the razor out again this morning. Well done, give yourself a pat on the back for doing that. The bits of hair that had not fallen out, had grown since Saturday to a stubble (felt horrible when I touched my head), so razored it all off again. Walked bravely throughout the hospital with bald head......no strange looks, which was great.

Genevere, hope you and other dunkees from today do ok, and very little se's materialise. I am amazed that so far I'm not too bad. Last time I had very bad migraine and vomiting come midnight, so if that does not happen this evening,  I shall be over the moon. Fortunately, I now live in a flat, so no stairs to climb come bedtime.

Sam, sorry you not able to get to Greece. Hope you can perhaps manage to get a lovely break somewhere in the UK. 

Well, I'm off to slob on the sofa watching tv (usually fall asleep when I do this!), so will say goodnight, and hope you all have a reasonable nights sleep x

Highlighted

Well done Lols, your oh will love you with or without hair, I thought the same but mine has got used to it now!

Just think it will grow bk, that's the only way I can think bout it! Big big hugs coming your way, your so brave xxx
Highlighted

Hello Maisies,

Hope you're all as wel las you can hope.  Back from the bar, feeling weird and heavy, just waiting for full blast to hit me.

Have had 2 fab free complementary therapies at Force Centre at RD&E in Exteter. You can take someone with you, so took my daughter who also had treatment free! 4 more freebies to come, so will take other daughter next time. It's tough for family, they need de-stressing too.

Christymay - you're bound to be tearful, know how you feel and thinking of you

Fab news Rollercoaster - you deserve it after everything

Sam - so so sorry about Greece

Me too Lucy, all the best and to others up today and this week

Leading parallel lives with the hair Lols - coming out all over laptop!

My daughter was at Lancaster uni and we walked the Pendle Witch trail. Beautifu,l but horrible to think about the fate of the women who walked it.

Thinking of you all Maisies, goodnight because if I don't go now my legs won't get me upstairs xx

Highlighted

Done, mart cut it then buzzed it, had Hugh cry and meltdown then shower. Heads hurting less but I look wierd, not feminine at all. Il never sleep without hat on , what if mart wakes in night and looks at me?
Sam think of next year instead some honeymoon you'll have.
Gilly you done it?
Thanks for txt today chezz il get used to it, but omg what a shock!!
I'm shaking at mo feel il never go outside again.
Better get my act together , dreading my boys seeing it but they will probably be fine they have seemed to take ,most of it in there stride upto now.
Meg once again thanks for support today nice to know your there Hun.
Hope everyone's ok and all se's manageable. Can't believe how quick the weeks go 2 nd time at bar next Monday!!! Crap!!! Cos feeling so well at mo well physically.
By the way lgfb brill freebies amazing, advice priceless especially after tonight. Book if you can Maisie's .
Might post later but if not have good nights girls , bloody hell I've got to look in mirror tomorrow to put makeup on!!!!
Highlighted

Had heart scan today just a case of waiting again for the results!

Gilly & Lols I am thinking of you tonight & sending big hugs, xxxxx

Sam, you have been through it & I hope things get easier for you, your a very strong willed lady by the sound of it!!

I can't wait til we all meet up, I feel like I've made lots of new friends thanks to this forum xxx
Highlighted

Glad to hear you are feeling ok Lucy long may it continue. 

I hope the rest of the maisies are doing ok with minimal side effects, sending big hugs to all x x x

Highlighted

Sam am so sorry you didn't get to go away to Greece, hope you are ok, but one thing you can have one hell of a holiday when this is over xx Lucy so pleased to here you are backing from the Bar and are ok, long may it last. Take Care. Thinking of both Gilly and Lols tonight as they bite the bullet and go for the chop tonight, hope you are both ok. Lots of Love to all and have a peaceful and SE free evening Maisie's Love Meg xxx
Highlighted

Christymay I ahd 2 WLe's and then another op to remove a haematoma.

Rollercoaster- I go to crazt hats on Thursday mornings on the finedon road industrial estate in Wboro. You can have complimentary therapies there for a donation. We always have a good chat over coffee. It's 10am until 1pm.

Fingers crossed all will be ok Lucy x

Sam xx

Highlighted

glad to hear it went ahead.  With the lower dose of steroids you should nt get the jittery feeling fingers crosssed

Highlighted

Just got back from hospital. Levels all good, so chemo went ahead.  Onc said only to take steroids for one day (in addition to iv dose this afternoon) and see if that does make a difference.  He also said to keep taking paracetamol to keep on top of migraine............assuming one starts of course Smiley LOL  So now in my pj's waiting for the time bomb of se's to go off..............fingers crossed they won't.

Roller, I go to the day therapy at the local hospice, and we can have whichever complementary therapy we want.  They are wonderful.........I personally love the reflexologySmiley Happy

Hope all of todays other dunkees have got home safe and sound, and that any  se's don't materialise x

Highlighted

Thanks Sam. So sorry you didn't get to go to Greece, truly gutting! Its good that you managed not to let your heart rule your head though.

The complimentary therapy is in Corby Village community hall, every tuesday from 9-2. They give you an assessment and then book you for 6 treatments and you can add more after that. They also have relaxation groups that your family can join in if they want to. The ladies were really nice and helpful and understanding. Hope putting these details doesn't offend the bleep machine , I apologise in advance if it does and will pm you in that case, take care all, xx
Highlighted

Sam sorry to hear about you not going to Greece but I would have thought the same way as you! there will be plenty more holidays to look forward to wen all this is over!!

If you don't mind me asking how come 3 ops in 8 wks? Poor you, I thought I'd had it bad!!