359945posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone starting chemo in August?

Highlighted

Re: anyone starting chemo in August?

Morning Maisies, just about to get ready for my wedding in the pouring rain, such a shame when it was so lovely the rest of the week!  Still I'm sure it will be a lovely day anyway. 

Angie I use the galaxy note 10.1 too and I love it.  Mine has a pen which you can photo edit and draw etc with.  It's so much easier than a bulky laptop.  Glad you're all doing pretty well hope you're trotting a bit less Roller.  I'd better shake a leg a least wiglet doesn't need a lot of blow drying but I'm a bit worried about wearing it all pm and evening it does itch and dig in!  However pride is painful and I don't want to be bald at a wedding!  Xx

Highlighted

Brain obviously not in gear yet as I posted comment before I'd finished!

Hope anyone at the bar today gets on ok, and no se's.

Pendragon, I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, it is great.  Would advise you to try a few different tablets out first.  I went for android instead of ipad, as bit more versatile.  Yes, Apple are good products, but others are equally as good. Happy searching.

Roller, hope the loperamide kicks everything into touch today, and works.  Not good when you want to be off out and about, and always looking for loos.

Sorry for not mentioning everyone, but forgot to link to the postings,  so cannot recall them all.   Hope you are all feeling reasonably well, and have an enjoyable day  xx

Highlighted

Morning Maisies, 

Miserable wet morning here ugh.

Feel much better after all my zzzzzzzzzz's yesterday.  A friend is visiting me today, so off out for lunch and a potter about somewhere..........probably retail therapy and more hats Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Morning Maisie's, hope all ok, went to healing last night which was very relaxing, fell asleep there!!

Been awake since 5 wen the OH went to work, read a while, had a shower, ironed my clothes for an exciting morning out to the Hosp to grt bloods done for Monday!! Hopefully!

It's raining here in Worcestershire today!! Boo!

Big hugs coming to all my lovely Maisie's xxxxx
Highlighted

Morning all. I spoke too soon! The trots came back last night so called the chemo unit for advice like a good girl (?) so I'm back on the loperamide and lots to drink. Hope it goes away, this is supposed to be the "good week" so dont understand whats going on and really want my day out on sunday before feeling really pants again next week.

Pendragon, hope you had a good night, slept well and feel better today.

Totally agree with Coco and Breezey, with everyone going for anything today in thought.

Spikey, sorry you got postponed, its a pain getting it done but we'd all rather just get it over with and get back to something like normal again, with hair. Just make the most of feeling better but don't overdo it.

Lols, sounds youve got the whole hat thing well organised anyway. The hard part is actually convincing your head that you will need them. I ususally avoid hats like the plague as I hate them so this could be fun. Its a choice of baldy, wiggy or hatty. Maybe I'll just hibernate, that sounds good, wake up in January! I wish!

Chezzap, hope you had a better night with Sergio, maybe the antibiotics are kicking in? I'm sure you've tried steam to help his chest, if not it might ease him a bit.

Christymay, are you up yet? Or are you feeling so good youve gone out already, enjoy your day today.

Oh well, lets see what the day brings, it bloods today and a visit to the bank to discuss accounts with power of attorney re the parents. Such fun! My hectic social life! Talk later girls, hugs to all xxx

Highlighted

Pendragon I use iPad I don't have laptop one of sons borrowed it once!!!! It never came home. But iPad is great I'm useless at techno but its user friendly a d I read books in it etc. easy to take with you in bag well worth a look Hun. Ps hope you find some peace regarding you and OH it's to much when you need all you've got to get through this, thinking of you xx
Highlighted

Morning meg just sent pm didn't look at forum first. Hope your ok and slept well in strange place. Have a good day don't work to hard , don't let the back pain get to bad either . Speak later il pm you on train , ps stay away from snoring men , Maisie's this is all innocent talk!!!! Not like it sounds .
Hope everyone ok I've boring day, bloods, walk dog ( which hat would people like to stare at today) , and house scrub ready for 2 nd cocktail Monday.
Can't wait for my annabandana orde I need a drawer now just for hats , I'm loving the baker boy one fro m tesco in Arran knit, when weather cools its going on.
Not sure if anyone at bar today if so good luck. Annie how are you havnt seen your posts for a while il pm later.
Chezz hope your cuddly boy feeling better and you had a better night, agree with one of Maisie's once he's up and running he will.lose the weight
Right off for shower which doesn't take long with no hair then the drs so everyone can keep glancing at me I'm very sensitive about it I'm sure in another week or two I won't care.
Hope all se's manageable. Have a good one Maisie's xx ju
Highlighted

Morning all, hoping all are ok this morning. Today should have been chemo day for me but as boob still infected all postponed to the 16th. Will have to make the most of my extra week.. Just waiting for the rain to arrive so I think it I will be an indoor day for me getting some jobs done. Hope you all have a good one xx
Highlighted

Good morning well awful weather here today 😞 and I had about 4 hours broken sleep so no doubt will be a grump today lol , hope everyone at the bar today is ok and Ses are minimal for all xx
Highlighted

Morning Maisie's, hope you are all ok. All the best for anyone up at the bar today, hope all goes ok and your SEs are minimal xx
Highlighted

thanks rollercoaster, ill have a look tomorrow i can pick up the hospitals guest wifi so shd be ok on that.

will try spatone water see wat happens, cant eat too mich for veg or ill burst xx

night all tc good luck to any up tomorrow, im whacked now xx

Highlighted

Sorry pendragon, forgot to say, i whole heartedly recommend the ipad, so much easier than lugging around a laptop and so versatile, books, games, tv orog downloads all kinds on one little pad, so easy to use too. Nite xx
Highlighted

Hi to all, a much better day, retail therapy and a picnic then home for OH to cook dinner. Tired now but happier till monday anyway.

Christymay, 6.5 hours sleep in one go is good! Thats about what i get every night at the moment but it is a pain waking at 5am when everyone else is asleep. Thats one reason I got an ipad and earphones, keeps me amused quietly until they wake up.

Sam, glad to hear you are feeling more positive today, hope you and OH had a good day wherever you ended up. Maybe it was easier to talk away from home? Either way its relaxing just getting away from home and everything else for a few hours, it helps to get things back in perspective .

Malforda/Ann, sorry I don't remember your previous posts but nice to have another maisie on here. Sounds like you've had a really bad time, 4days in hospital is 4 too many in anyones book! Don't know if this will cheer you up or not, but my dad went for a check up on his replacement shoulder on 20th August and they decided it had gone wrong and had infection in it so he had to stay in and have it redone and he's still there. The hospital will not say what the infection is but they have put in a Hickman line and he has to have antibiotics in it daily for the next 6 weeks! Now thats a long time! Just to put a lid on it, its not safe for me to visit him coz of risk of infection. They say you can always find someone worse off. Personally I think I will stop looking! I'm glad you say they have lowered your epirubicin , I think they might do the same for me as I had a really bad vomiting bout and ended up in hospital on the drip etc. Heres hoping they do something different anyway.
Chezzap, could they make any more of a mess with Sergio, its a catalogue of errors! The main thing is though that he's ok and he's home and he will get over his wheezy chest. Btw, is he walking yet? I just wondered coz quite often kids can be chunky till they start walking etc and then they slim down naturally. Happy and healthy is the main thing. Good bloods for you too, hope mine are going to be ok tomorrow ready for monday. I only see my onc on monday before my dunking so hope I get the emend even though it will mean waiting around a bit for it to work, it will be worth it if its easier than last time.

Genevre, sorry you're feeling so zonked and rubbish today, hope it soon passes and you can enjoy some good days too. How many cycles have you had and how many to go? I have 6 FEC, monday will be my 2nd all being well and I will be a third done then.

Lols, I now have an image in my head of everyone walking around tesco with a tv on their head! I think my head is slowly getting used to the idea that its going to be naked for a while. It still doesn't like the idea much but realises it doesn't have a choice much longer as its now moulting badly! Its a weird thing how it doesn't hurt when it comes out though isn't it although my head is tender, not helped by the fact that when I fainted I obviously bashed my head
Coz I have a nice egg on my forehead too!

Pendragon, i've suggested before but nobody has said anything else about it, Spatone, its an iron rich water which comes in sachets and you drink it in water or orange juice as you need vitamin c at the same time so your body can absorb the iron. At Boots, you can get 3 boxes for the price f 2. Its about £8 per box, so 3 boxes for £16, it just tastes a bit metallic but we're used to that aren't we! I cant stand spinach cooked but have been eating it raw in salads and sandwiches or just eating it out of the bag. Think i 'm turning into a rabbit!

Well the wig, now nicknamed "ferret" is here. I can't imagine actually wearing it but then I can't imagine being bald either so this could be fun. The wig does look nice but its not my hair, it will take some getting used to! Had a good day today, life was almost normal. It did us all good to get out of the house and do something cancer free (except chew my hair). Hope all sleep well tonight and feel better tomorrow. Hope all tests, appts and treatments go well, I will crash out soon as I'm pooped after a heavy day shopping. Hugs to all my maisies, what would I do without you xx

Highlighted

hope so Ang look at it this way it can only help cant it

Highlighted

thanks chezzap, dont like marmite or beer but love mushrooms, been eating so much greens constantly in the loo.

think it will be good to see counsellor had nervous breakdown fiollowing my hubbies deathand that was only 2 years ago, so hopefully itll help.

keep safe maisies xx

Highlighted

I've just spent £25 and was only havin a look. I prefer hats to wig as to hot in that and it itches . Il save wiggy until I need to look stunning!! Haha! If only xx. Had a cream jersey hat on today and a cream lacy band with flower on from annabandana few people said it was pretty, hat not me . So I've ordered a different colour and knitted headband to go around it. They feel safe on x
Highlighted

aw Ju annabandana have got loads new bandanas etc might have to purchase some and that grey fairisle winterhat looks like it might look ok too

Highlighted

ha ha lols we have same taste in hats.

Ang for bloods eat those naughty censored mushrooms, spinach, beetroot and yeast so either marmite or if you hate it beer instead.  Hopefully being able to let everything out in front of a counsellor who doesnt know you or OH will help as they are none judgmental and dont know either of you

Highlighted

Yeah that's the one looks ok big big but that's cos got no hair xx going to have a big hat collection by the time we've finished!!!
Highlighted

hi girls, hope youre all ok and not suffering to much from se's. had third weekly taxol today and 2nd herceptin, bloods are going down quite dramatically so got to eat all the right things before next thursday, any ideas gratefully recieved.

sam my  OH  is still playing up and after his outburst last friday im finding it quite heart, broke down in chemo today and have now been referred onto counsellor!!

got appt for look good feel better as well but not til end nove but looking forward to that as hopefully be end of chemo or near enough.

has anyone got a tablet and if so what do they think, i want something i can arry in my bag, finding it hard going on my lappy??

anyway off to chill for a while too hot here in sunny beds. tc xxxx

Highlighted

is the winter one in Tesco a cream colour with little silver diamantes on each side?  If so I got one too.  I also got a baker boy one from tesco kind of a glitzy black and white thing

Highlighted

Cheers chez.
Annabandana got more winter hats in just spent more money!!!! Also got baker boy knitted one in tesco today for cold days sort of Arran knit. Going to have to cut card up at this rate, but not buying hair conditioner at mo so swings and roundabouts . Get the hats girls before they go xx
Highlighted

I felt same first time I went public and funnily enough was in Tesco also!!  I thought I had a tv on my head as I thought everyone was staring.  Looking back now I dont think they were I think I had it in my mind that people would stare so I believed that they were when more than likely they werent.  Now I dont care and you will be the same too Ju after a few outings.  Lastnight at zumba I took my bandana off as I was too hot and nobody gave me a second glance.

Highlighted

Hi Maisie's, hangover gone just bit tired. Back from onc with loads of meds.
Breezy I'm same with wig it feels a bit big and rubs ears so please post any advice you get. Leaves knicker like elastic lines to!!
Chez good news Hun, you can relax abit now.
Sounds like some of Maisie's suffering at mo hope it all goes soon girls. I'm dreading Monday trouble is after first time we know what's coming!!
Braved tescos after onc appt how many people have to stare I had cream hat on with flower on side ( annabandana), I got quite cross at the stares, if my es had been with me there would have been trouble cos he would ask them what they were looking at!! Took dog out with it on and I was fine with that.
The trouble is once hairs gone your dx is public property onc said today men get upset when theirs goes to but I don't think it's as noticeable as loads of men bald anyway !!
Sam hope your day outs going well and your spending his money, go girl!!!!
Chez that's a good neut count hope mines as good tomorrow.
Off to rustle up a healthy meal no wine tonight or ever again!!! Haha that won't last xx ju
Highlighted

Hi all been see onc, said all going well & mon dunking going ahead, gave me some emend too so that's good! Hope everybody is ok today xx
Highlighted

poor you Genevre, really hope you feel better soon , plenty of rest , fluids and take all of your meds i suffer terrible with sickness so here if you need me .

i havent heard anything re tamaxofin , fill me in please?

Highlighted

Hello Maisies,

I shouldn't have felt so confident - last time I got away lightly, this time was horrible.  Dunked on Tues, out of it all day Wed after inevitable sleepless night, have just crawled out of bed now and seem to be able to stay upright.  Have topped up on nausea and anti-reflux meds.  But I'm grateful that things going to so far, and so sorry for all of you who are having  a much worse time especially if you're looking after little ones as well.

Glad I'm not the only one who is finding booze helpful,know it's not the best thing, but lets have whatever  helps!

Heard about Tamixifen se on Women's Hour, very depressing.  I have got 2 friends on it and they seem fine - so let's hope it's not everyone.

Oh Cheezap, you poor lady, what a night and day from hell. Poor little Sergio, it's so horrible to see them suffer.

Hugs to to you all.

Highlighted

hey ladies , poor chezz cant believe the crap you are going through with sergio , i really do hope it gets sorted asap.

hope everyone is ok today ?

its a gorgeous sunny day here, Callum got off to big school fine a bit nervous but very grown up , check out my face book girls he is only 9 in that blazer lol.

i have been to visit my friend and her dog, been food shopping and made a big home made fish pie for the kids tea ( i hate fish lol) , have got my pregnant daughter her this afternoon then off for my heart scan .

any one having any problems with their wigs?? i love mine and have had several people at school tell me how lucky i am not to have lost my hair , their faces when i say im as bald as a coot lol but mine is digging in giving me headaches and a knicker elastic type line lol so have booked in to wig supplier tomorrow for advice , maybe ive just got a huge head????

hope everyone is ok , lots of sunny love for you all xxxx

Highlighted

well what a nightmare of a day!.  I was due at hospital for bloods and to see onc.  Sergio  had been awake since 2 am crying and wheezing.  This am Jose took him to a and ewhilst I went to other hospital for my appointments.  Was still waiting for Sergio blood rsult from yesterday.  Anyway they gave him an inhaler that didnt work whatsoever and said they would wait four hours and give him a different one and if that didnt work would have to be kept in.  Then guess what they said the bloods from yesterday had clotted before they tested them!!!  Same s**T different day springs to mind!!   So they had to do them again!

Anyway thankfully the second inhaler worked and his bloods finally came back normal!!1  So we were allowed to bring him home.  They have basically said that cos he had bronchilitis when younger that everytime he gets a cold etc it will go straight to his chest.  Given us a different inhaler for him that we have to give every 4 hours.

Cant say yet whetehr or not is asthmatic as too young to diagnose .  However they ssaid he is too big.  he is 11 months and weighs what a 2 year old should weigh so its lettuce and salad for now on for my little fat meatball!!!

On a better note my bloods were fine, neutrophils at 5.5 and think normal range is between 2 and 7 so right bang in middle so chemo again on Monday full steam ahead.  Just picked up my emend for 2 cycles.

Breezy - hope your lads first day in juniors goes well bless him.

Sam hope things better today

Lols thanks loads for the text support with aforementioned little fat meatball and good on you for having a hangover!!!

Debs thanks for well wishes hope you ok

Roller hope you are doing well and ready for MOnday

will get on fb and catch up there

Highlighted

Hi all, Ann back here. After some SIs picked up that then four days later crashed and ended up in A&E and four days in RUH with I've antibiotics. Just had round two on Tuesday and they've Lowe Epirubicin by 25% and so far I think it might be ok but more anti sickness meds so feeling woosy! I hear if it happens twice I get bounced off chemo altogether which gives me pretty mixed emotions. Anyone Everest heard of that? Is there a good thread on Tamoxifen btw as reading papers and scaring myself with thought of that now too! Is there any good news? Have radiotherapy before then anyway but ten years of hot flushes ain't doing it for me!!!!!
Highlighted

Hello Maisies,

Hope all goes well for those at the bar today.

I'm very tired today, so shall be hitting my bed shortly for more zzzzzzzzzz's.

Hope you all have a good day  x

Highlighted

Just a reminder of our closed facebook group if you want to come and join us on there, it really is so much easier than here xxx

https://www.facebook.com/groups/165815423611027/

Highlighted

Morning to you all from sunny Kent- although I think it's all down hill weather wise from tomorrow. Awake from 2am, armpit and chest still sore and uncomfortable and just generally restless, plan on taking steroids a bit earlier in the day to see if it helps. Feel a bit tired today but otherwise ok, going out for lunch with friends which will cheer me up. A little bit nauseous at times but meds so far have done their job, along with the ginger biccies! So making the most of the good times whilst I can. Have to start giving myself injections in the stomach from Saturday- I've given plenty to other people when I used to work on a ward for older adults but never to myself. Grateful for any tips. Hope you all have a good day. Jxx
Highlighted

Morning maisies, glad we all seem a little better today, oh except Ju, sorry hun. Good on you though at least if you feel rough you know its because you had a good night. Chez sorry to hear about Sergio still being unwell, a&e sounds like a plan to me they need  to sort out what us going on with him poor mite! Keep us updated hun.

Ladies we might be able to make the headlines next year at butlins, I bet they have never had a large group like us before ha ha! Hows your kareoke girls? 

Sam enjoy your days  out, well when you have finished jumping on your OH lol! Smiley Happy

Have a good day everyone and good luck to those at the bar and  with appointments today love debs   x xx

Highlighted

Glad your feeling a bit more positive today Sam, sometimes they have to be treated like children, mine thinks he is Peter pan I'm sure!

Have a lovely day out Sam enjoy it while you can xxx
Highlighted

Glad your going out Sam have a good one. Never felt less like raiding an off licence greeting to old for this hangover thing. Good job it's bloods tomorrow not today!!!! Never again ( but I've said that before!!!) .
Highlighted

Morning Maisies

Feeling a little bit more positive today. This morning in bed I said to OH- I can't help feeling the way I do, and he said I know I haven't said you  can have I?  Well I could then have started moaning well you were miserable yesterday blah blah blah but I thought what is the point, I need to shake this off. So I have.  Roller I do think that  Oh thinks that way, the trouble is when I go on one- I don't want to talk to anyone, I just want to bury myself (have to take Ju with me though as she is bringing the off licience!). It is hard for everyone.

Just about to give OH a choice of two days out- he is going to do both  but he can pick which day he does them!! (that strategy works with kids as they think they have  achoice so it should work with him!)  London ( desperate to go up the Shard  and Stamford (quaint palce about 40 mins from us with apparently a fabulous fish and chips shop next to the river.) Persoanlly I think London will be too hot today-  tube will stink all those hot sweaty bodies so I am hoping he will pick Stamford today.

Roller- I use the pop window too. It makes things a bit easier to keep up.

Ju- glad you are feeling well- have you pinched the off licience we chatted about yesterday. Hope you are not having blood stoday- you will be off the scale. God help Butlins if we go next year we will drink them dry! Plus Ju I am sure you have some sleeping talents, Mart just isn't letting on.

Chezza I hope Oh  gets Sergio sorted at A&E today, sometimes that is a better option than doctors. I suffered with palpitations last year (stress related but didn't know at the time) I went up A & E and I had every  test going. If I had gone doctors I would ahve waited months for them.

I hope everyone with appointments today gets on ok- I have my pre-chemo checks next Friday- Friday 13th!!!

Catch you later  ladies just going to pin OH down (If he is really lucky it my be physically) about days out.

xxx

Highlighted

Rollercoaster, yes I am up on Tuesday and with the onc today for a check up. I may kiss her as she got my meds bang on last time pretty much.

Rose is using the facebook page and is doing really well although she had a bit of a down day the other day.

Glad you tummy is better now, you may have picked up a bit of bacteria from somewhere that caused it I guess.

Hope you all have a good day xxx

Highlighted

Morning Maisie's, had a good nights sleep, 6.5 hrs, woo hoo! That will all change after Monday I'm sure 😓

Good on you ju having a few too many I've done it a couple of times while going through this, think we need it, it blocks it out for a while!! I've got onc at 3, then bloods Tom ready for Monday!

Glad your feeling more with it today roller.. Enjoy the change of scenery! I'm going shopping today as I know I prob won't b up to it nxt wk!

Hope everybodys se are not too bad, & anybody at the bar runs smoothly

Hope little Sergio gets sorted out bless him xxxxx
Highlighted

Morning maisies. Feeling much better this morning hooray. Lets live a bit more before monday comes , hope all have a god day and ses are manageable and minimal for all dunkees. Is anyone at the bar today or got appointments today? If so hope they go as well as can be expected.. Thinking o f you chezzap and Sergio, hope you can get him sorted soon. Have a good day all, going for a change of scenery! Hugs xxx
Highlighted

Plus not sleeping talents ( wouldn't mind though)!!! It's meant to say tablets!x
Highlighted

Chezz I meant chest not Chet , hangovers fault!!!!! X
Highlighted

Morning Maisie's, got a bit drunk last night so suffering this morn but can't complain as self inflicted. Had one to many out as first outing with wig on and paranoid everyone looking. I'm sure couple of women did !!! Woke up early hours with bowl by bed so OH must have thought I was bad and I've got onc appt at 2 so will hav to get my act together .
Good luck to anyone at bar today, I feel so good at mo hate the thought that Mondays looming!!
Chezz hope his blood results don't take to long and that his Chet is improving.
Meg our posts crossed hope you've got decent analgesia for your back especially if your sat on train Hun try and walk around a bit it's a long journey to Glasgow from your house, you back same day?
Hope everyone's se's manageable,
Where's tyler rose? On fb?
Have a good one Maisie's , speak later. Ps thanks for replies regarding bloods same day as chemo I will say I know it can be done!! Hoping for some sleeping talents being prescribed as the steroid thing wore me out lat time xx ju
Highlighted

Thanks but I've only got this on my phone & kindle think it must be a different format xxx
Highlighted

Sorry christymay, scroll up should be scroll down, whoops xx
Highlighted

Hope all goes well with your soldier tomorrow Dee, bless him! & you! It's hard isn't it! big hugs coming your way xxxx
Highlighted

Not that amazing christymay, I cheat! When you read the posts and go to the box that says reply, then it comes up with the box for you to write you message in. Just scroll up a little bit and on the left at the bottom is a line that says "view discussion in a pop up ".click on that and it shows you the list of posts . At the top of the screen there should be two boxes/lines , one says reply to message and the other says anyone starting chemo in august, you can then toggle between the two boxes so you can look back at the posts while writing your reply. Sorry if thats a bit longwinded in the explanation but thats how its done. And btw a good cry never hurt anyone, its good to let it all out sometimes, perfectly natural.

Sam, have you booked something yet? Your comments sparked a chat between us 3 here, and the other two say what they feel most is helpless coz all they can do is watch it all happening. Apart from picking up the slack in the house there is nothing they can actually do except hug me which seems so little to them but they will never know how much better it makes me feel and how I love them for their support . Do you think thats how your OH feels?

Gilly, thanks for your good wishes . I do feel a lot better tonight, the loperamide has kicked in so my stomach has stopped growling. Now the pills are making me drowsy thats all. Is it next tuesday you're up for dunking again?

Chezzap, hope poor little Sergio is better soon . Its miserable when they're poorly , you just want to make it all go away. Course this could mean his neuts will be down again if hes still fighting an infection. A & E is good idea, at least it will put your mind at rest a bit.

Well ladies, my maisies, I'm off to bed now, try and have good day tomorrow. Hope all at the bar do ok and those with appointments too . Thinking of you all, hugs to all, xxx
Highlighted

Gilly, I have put in a request to join FB group.  My name is Anne, and profile picture is of a swan........so you know I'm genuine.  I might not get on there as often as on here x

Highlighted

Chez hope Sergio is ok , defo take him tomorrow Hun our gps arnt much better , hope all is ok with everyone tonight , back to early morning starts tomorrow my 9 year old starts his big school , looks so cute in his blazer bless him , I can take him tomorrow and Friday then he is walking with friends so after 20 years of school runs I an redundant 😞 xxx
Highlighted

ah is that Daisy megan Im still so useless with the names!!!