cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone starting chemo in August?

Highlighted

Re: anyone starting chemo in August?

FEC 2, DAY6

Morning maisies, got a few hrs sleep with but keep having nightmares, then takes ages to get bk to sleep!

Feel ok just not much energy & still bit queasy,but wil try & eat a bit more today!
Another day in I think the weather here in Worcestershire not looking too good, let's hope there is some decent tv on!

Hope Chezza has been sorted out & will soon be bk home,
Hope everybody's se are not too bad & people are feeling better today xxxxx
Highlighted

Morning Maisie's, sorry to read that some of you have been having a rough time this week, really hope you will all be soon feeling better, Glad Gilly that you are feeling ok and Lols that you are beginning to brighten up again. Sorry to hear you are in Hospital Chezza really hope you are soon feeling better and get to go home very soon. Hope you all have a peaceful day, Take Care xxx
Highlighted

tax 4 day3

morning maisies, hope youre all getting there and se's arent too bad. lois dont think milk choc counts she said has to be dark !! only thing i can think of is something yummy coated in dark choc in my case turkish delight mmmm. the weekly tax isnt too bad  its the dreaded blood test i hate waiting to see if my counts are up or not, really dont want to be delayed but been told itll most prob happen as i dont have a down time. tired today was up with indigestion during the night then another hour to get back to sleep. my only bad side effect this morning apart from steroid rage lol is peeling skin on my fingers.

well hope  chezza is feeling lots better and is getting sorted out hugs to her, and to anyone else suffering, sorry brain will not take in to much info this morning.

keep smiling girls we can do this xx

Highlighted

FEC#2 Day 5

Morning girls, so sorry that some of you are suffering so badly. I am on steroid come down today and it was my worst day last time, so hoping its not as bad this time. I have been more nauseous this time but havent had the banging headache I had for 10 days last time.

Lols, my ears never really stopped after first cycle, but didnt get any worse this time, thw wooshing noise is there most of the time and as you say is weird when it stops. Its worse when its quiet though, but my ears are sensitive to sound too, cant have telly too loud.

Thinking of Chezza this morning and hoping they are sorting her out, poor girl.

Hope Lynsey had a good first night last night after such a rough road last time.

Try and have a good day all you wonderful Maisies

xxx

Highlighted

FEC 2 Day 6

Hey girls! I actually slept from 11ish till 8ish, wow! Feeling better today at last, just a bit shaky and wobbly from not eating much, hopefully I can start addressing that issue now not so nauseous. Hooray! Shame the weather is so rubbish here coz I really need a change of scenery now. Sorry I haven't the energy yet to go through all the posts and reply to all. Just hope all the others that have been suffering alongside me are feeling a bit better too. Thanks for the pm's everybody, they helped. Just need to conquer some phobias now! Hugs and love to all xxx
Highlighted

Morning Maisie's posting before the bus comes and hits me and then reverses over me again today. Touch wood feeling a bit brighter though!!!! Still got a very close relationship with all mouth washes and lovely white tongue but hey ho could be worse.
Even bowels behaving a bit this morn sorry if too much info. Been trying to catch up with all Maisie's news since Monday and sorry if I leave some out, so many on fb that I miss you and your news.
Whoops forgot tac2 day 6.
Hope Christymay and rollercoaster feel a bit better today we seem to be at similar levels after chemo. I'm sure some of it is steroid induced as I had to start them Sunday and felt so ill from then on!!!! Also that injection can you ache anymore than that!!!! But if it saves a visit to hospital must be worth it.
Debs hope that bad news that you received doesn't turn out to be as bad if you know what I mean, cancer seems to be everywhere or was it always like this and it went over our heads as we are all so busy.
Pendragon, nice suggestion of chemo nurse quality dark choc, does quality milk choc count? Hope weekly chemo going ok Hun.
Venice ( gill). Nice to read your positive experience with hair , go girl so glad it went well.
Jacquie read your post thought you might not get your chemo but then read neuts were up so glad your getting there hope you'll have a good day today. One more down!!!!!
Genevre, I can't taste much food at all but I don't seem to be losing any weight could it be eating midget gems at 1 am? Do they count at silly hour?
Gilly quick question how are your ears now, mine buzz constantly and if they stop for a minute I notice it and it feels strange, much worse at night when trying to sleep too.
Breezy I'm emotional too and normally I'm quite a practical get on with it person, but it has to take its toll I suppose it's the silly things that make me cry!!! Bit embarrassing really think family and friends think I'm mental, suppose we have to remember all this will pass and we will be stronger for it, but your not alone with this emotional stuff.
Annie my gp doesn't have muchbtomdo with all chemo treatment but if I need prescription I just phone and explain I find they havnt much knowledge of all this so I leave to onc dept. plus have you tried gel lair for mouth I've loads if you want some il send it to you if you pm.
Meg, you've worked all week and supported all Maisie's so feet up today girl, nurse orders get spoilt before your appts next week, thanks for pm's much appreciated.
Chez I'm sure you will be wake now as I know what it's like on wards so I hope your feeling brighter and they've got you on right meds and you get to escape soon if only to catch up on soaps.
Right of for porridge, can't taste it but doesn't hurt!!!!!! What joys I'm back on nursery food.
Hope all Maisie's have good days minimal se's. take it easy girls !!! Xx ju x love to all
Highlighted

FEC2 Day 16

Not much fun is it, Lois?  Sorry you're feeling so rough, it seems quite a few of us have been poleaxed this time around.  It's just all so debilitating - even walking upstairs makes me feel like an old woman - I keep saying to OH we need to get one of those Stannah stairlifts....and I'm not joking!

We'll get through it - this is just one awful year in our lives and we'll have many more good ones in the future!

Hope everyone sleeps well and SEs are bearable.

Annie x

Highlighted

TAC 2 day 5
Evening Maisie's what can I say absolutely wrecked this time. Poor chez hope your feeling better soon. Living on mouth wash at mo!!!! Hope everyone feels better tomorrow its very emotional this chemo crap!!!!!
Annie nice to hear from you have good weekend before you hit the bar again. Christymay may rollercoaster think we are at same stage at mo. debs sorry about that news xxx.
Sam won't be long before chemo now must feel like its been for ever.
Meg thanks for pm's really helps. Thanks for txts girls. Peaceful sleep Maisie's, tomorrow's another day , a good one we hope xxxxx ju
Highlighted

Oops and poor Christy you certainly won't be making the scales scream one at a time like me! X

Highlighted

Ec #3 day 1.  Woo hoo as you can see my little neuts came through! Up from 1.33 to 2.52, very pleased now halfway through I start tax and herceptin and injs next time, like you Annie I'm a bit nervous of the tax, lots of moisturiser on hands and feet eh?  Sorry you are struggling  Genevre  Dee and Roller, hope you all feel better tomorrow.   I flippin gained 1.5 lbs in 7 weeks but did have week away so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!  Cooking and bubble bath sounds great therapy!  Take care all xx

Highlighted

FEC2 Day 16

I'm finding it very hard to keep track of people's stages - I know a lot of you are on FB but if you can remember, it would be very helpful to me with my chemo brain if you'd put your regime and stage in your posts somewhere!   It would help me relate.

Thanks.

Don't mean to sound bossy - just a thought!  Smiley Embarassed

Annie x

Highlighted

Sorry annie, meant to but forgot. FEC 2 Day 5

Christymay, I know just how you feel. Absolutely no energy, no appetite but lots of nausea. No company for anybody and no use for anything except using up the tissues! People keep saying it will pass, you'll get through it, it doesn't feel like it right now. Can't seem to get positive at all. Sorry girls to be a moanalot, its just how I feel. xxx
Highlighted

Just to let you all know that Chezza is going back into hospital. Has felt lousy for a couple of days and is now running a temperature. fingers crossed for her xxxx

Highlighted

Evening Maisie's, wat a very strange day I've had, absolutely no energy & very queasy all day, did manage some melon & crackers for lunch, I'm sure it's those injections that make me feel this way!

Had a couple of visitors who must have thought why did I bother? I've just got no conversation? Think it's cuz all my life at the moment is meds, chemo, cancer, blah blah blah!
Just going to try & eat some rice & vegetable fingers, yummy!!

How's everybody else's se?

Xxxx
Highlighted

FEC2  Day 16

Hi everyone,

Glad you managed to get back on the forum Genevre!

Thanks to everyone who's given advice and tips about the mouth and throat problems I and others have been having.  I had horrible cracks at the corners of my mouth on top of everything else, but they seem to be going now thank goodness.

Do most of you see your GPs regularly?  I've been relying on my Onc and chemo nurses to point me in the right direction re medication etc. but they've not been much help at all!  Think I'll make an appointment - somehow I was thinking  that the Unit would prescribe all meds for SEs but apparently not.

Raining all day here in North Wales but am hoping to make the most of this weekend before my third chemo dose next Thursday.  I seem to have had fewer 'good' days this cycle, but the next may be better - then it's the dreaded TAX.

Keep your peckers up, girls!

Annie x

Highlighted

FEC 2, day 11

Hello everyone, I'm back in circulation! Thanks to Christymay and Moderator for helping me sort technology.

.Cheezap, so sorry to hear you're having such a bad time. Thinking of you.

Rollercoaster - sorry about the nausea, you're having a rotten time -hope things improve for you and all Maisies suffering badly today.

Deb, so sorry about your latest bad news. It’s awful how life throws things at families, people like you and Cheezap have got enough to cope with.

Breezey, sorry you feel weepy, you’re bound to feel emotional going through all this stuff. Let’s hope the cooking and pampering therapy has helped!

Christy, thanks for everything, hope you feel better soon, it’s like being steam-rollered, isn’t it?

Good to hear from you Annie.   Take care

Thanks for people who’ve pmd me, it’s really comforting. Love and hugs to all Maisies.

Highlighted

Hi Christymay

I'm sorry to hear genevre is having problems with the forum.  I wonder if you would mind asking her to email moderator@breastcancercare.org.uk  and we will do our best to sort things out

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Highlighted

Hi all, just had a txt on genevre , she can't get on the forum because it's saying somebody else is using her e mail so not sure if anybody can help her with her problems as I'm not very good at technology!

At least when we have each others phone numbers we can keep in touch!
Hope everybody is ok xxxxx
Highlighted

Morning maisies, I hope you are all managing to battle on through sending big hugs to you all. In case I forget later I will be away from tomorrow until next tues and not sure what the internet connection will be like so may not get to post for a few days. Had some rubbish news yesterday evening, my OH's step dad as just been diagnosed with bowel cancer. We are keeping fingers crossed that they have caught it soon enough with no spread. It never rains but it seems to pour sometimes. Love debs x x

Highlighted

Morning christy just take it eAsy hun , if mouth too sore phone gp for a phone apt and ask for difflam and gelclair that's sorted mine out and u just go and pick up pescription , I had a weepy night not sure why but have got up feeling determined have already made a huge shepards pie for tea and a fruit smoothie but chucked spinach and kale in it so it's a lovely green colour and now off for a bubble bath xxxx
Highlighted

FEC 2, DAY 5

Morning Maisie's,slept ok, well from 11-4 when I knocked the portable DVD player off & broke it! Oops!

Feel very nauseous today so not venturing too far, hope its not another emotional day, I hate feeling like that!
Mouth a bit sore but no ulcers yet so gona try & get on top of that!

Hope you are all feeling ok???

Big hugs to all xxxxxx
Highlighted

Love to chez hope u feel better soon hunni x
Highlighted

Good morning Maisies had a craP night feeling very weepy and emotional which isn't me at all , feeling ok today but having another chilled out pj day again as want to go out for my friends birthday meal tomorrow so trying to be a good girl lol , I'm loving the new wentworth prison series so am catching up on that today , anyone remember the good old tacky prisoner cell block h ? Lol it's a updated version of that cxx
Highlighted

Hi all, texted chezzap, she's feeling steam rollered like the rest of us and Sergio had a bad night but ploughing through the rubbish slowly . Love and hugs to all xxx
Highlighted

FEC 2 Day 5

Morning all, hope we're all beginning to pick up a little, round 2/3 seems to have knocked a lot of us for 6. The ses seem to have really taken hold. My nausea was so bad yesterday I never made it out of bed again, could hardly eat anything, just very emotional all day, not my normal way at all! Still, things can only get better! (I hope). At least with the steroids working their way out now I've slept a bit better, from 10-6, can't be bad.

Christymay, Spatone is an iron rich water drink available from most chemists and supermarkets but in Boots on 2/3 offer so cheaper. It helps to keep your hb count up. Venison is supposed to be good as well if you fancy it. The onc said the jabs might give flu like symptoms but they just give me nausea and no appetite neither of which is what I need or want, don't know the answer to that one and I've got jabs for 7 days!

Well done Venice, glad to see you manage the hair thing so well, thats one thing many have struggled with, I still hate seeing my head in the mirror. It seems a long time till it will grow back to normal too. I've changed from watching head shaving to hair growing clips on you tube now, seems more encouraging.

Jacquie, I wish my onc would lower the steroid dose but he was having none of it, I hate the things, getting them down is getting harder and the effects of them on and coming off is horrible. Not sure which is the worst part of all this rubbish they keep putting in our bodies. I just keep thinking what it will be like when we're of them all after chemo. Can't wait to find out. Hope your neuts come up for you so you can get another round over with. There doesn't seem to be anything we can do diet wise to help them, its just suck it and see apart from the dreaded jabs.

Coco/Meg, thanks for the encouragement, I really need it right now, struggling badly this cycle and still 4 more to go, help. Finding it hard to be positive at the moment.

Gilly, the last thing from Chezza was how exhausted she is and how it kicked in earlier than last cycle. Lets hope shes just resting and recuperating. I have her moby will drop her a text in a bit to check and report back. Hope you're doing ok yourself.

Annie, don't know if this will help or not with the mouth situation but I use the Colgate mouthwash morning and night and use a couple of salt water rinses through the day as well. I did get about 3 mouth ulcers but nothing I couldn't deal with last cycle. I put Bonjela on just before eating as well, that helped with getting food down without pain.

Well, my dears, I think thats all I can manage for now, still trumping for england, stomach rumbling like a good un, lets hope thats a good sign. Hope I can kick the nausea into touch today and get some grub down there as onc is paranoid about me losing any weight. Hope all feel a little better today, maybe as I'm first posting at least all slept a bit better I hope. Talk later, hugs to all and thanks for all your support on here and pm's, xxx

Highlighted

Hi Genevre - yes got your PM and have replied.

FEC 2 day 15 - thought I'd feel better than this as lowered dose last time, but the painful mouth and throat still causing me problems!  Only a week to go before number 3...

Hope everyone else is bearing up and not suffering too much.  No fun at all is ? Smiley Sad

Annie x

Highlighted

No I haven't I noticed earlier she wasn't on here but because I'm not on face book can't see if she is on there, hope she ok xxx
Highlighted

Has anyone heard from Chezza today? Worried shes not been on here or facebook xx

Highlighted

Hello Maisies, hope today has been as good as it can be for you all. Sorry you're suffering so much, I agree that feeling low is the last straw, when we're all so vulnerable anyway. I ventured out for lunch with friends today, despite tail end of paintstripper symptoms and raging mouth ulcers. Enjoyed company and outing, eating was interesting ....

Venice/Gill - glad you're so upbeat about cut and wig - well done! I wore my wig ouut for first time today, looked great but was really itchy. Good luck for Monday

Deb -so sorry everything's so bad at the moment - it will pass, hang on in there. Hope onco appt. went well

Lols - you're not depressing at all - it's good we can let off steam, and everyone understands how we are feeling

Jacquie - hope all goes ahead for dunking 3 - good luck with it

Annie, Christymay,Roller coaster,Cheezap - have sent pms - hope it hass worked!

Lots of love and hugs to all Maisies and thanks so much for all your support.  Here's wishing you all a good night xxx

Highlighted

Evening Maisie's. want to say how sorry I am to see so many of you suffering at the moment with SEs I wish I could say something to make you all feel better but no words can do that. Please all rest up and hope it will pass very soon. Best wishes for anyone who is up tomorrow too. Take Care all of you Love Meg xx
Highlighted

Hi Maisies EC DAY 21 #2 

Well should be having 3rd dunking tomorrow but bloods low so have to have repeat tomorrow.   If neutrophils come up by .17 then I can have chemo.  I told onc about heartburn/indigestion and he said it was yet another se of dreaded steroids!  He has halved the dose so I will let you all know how it goes. Omeprazole does help and he said no probs w strepsils as long as not caused by thrush.  Good luck for anyone else up tomorrow,  shame yours has had to be delayed Gill, I hope your Dad's appt goes well.  Xx

Highlighted

Hi ladies hair cut off today sporting my new wig which I love, much better than my own hair. There was no tears the ladies in the salon were excellent my daughter didn't realise it was a wig thought it was just a very good different style . Had to postpone my treatment tomorrow until Monday due to having to take my dad for a consultant appt. wishing all well those of you up tomorrow  and those  of you today have minimal   SE love Gill x

Highlighted

FEC 2,DAY 4,

I know wat you mean Lols, I thought the same yest, baldy patches, dark rings under eyes, spotty, don't even look like me any more!

I've had a really rubbish day today, so emotional & don't know why, had people keeping me company, daughter been & gone, no sickness, even eaten soup but just fed up!! Maybe now the steroids are done I might feel better tomorrow?

What is spatone? Something else on the new shopping list.

Hopefully Sam things will start moving forward to you from Monday, about flippin time!

Chezza I go to reiki & as you said it doesn't do a lot for me but relaxes me so why not!! Anything worth a try!!

Pendragon bet u glad number 4 out the way, sounds like your chemo nurses very helpful, the first 1 I had was but the 1 mon made me feel in the way!

hope your se have settled a bit roller & the jabs make me feel very strange too!

Sorry if I've forgot to mention anybody or mentioned somebody twice, I blame the chemo brain xxxx
Highlighted

Pendragon, hope you manage better this cycle, its miserable feeling rotten. Glad the Spatone seems to have helped. The chemo nurse I saw on monday also suggested venison in whatever form you can find it, she says we absorb iron better from animal products than vegetable. Can't say I feel like any food much right now, apparently another se of the white cell jabs is nausea and loss of appetite, great! Another 4 cycles of this is going to drive me mad I think ! xxxx
Highlighted

just back from my weekly dunking, taxol 4 day 1. feel very tired and hungry but ok. got given some bio oil as my skin is very dry atm.  my bloods were fine maybe the spatone works lol, eating veg like its going out of fashion the chemo nurse also suggested good quality dark chocolate!!!! tell all your other halfs this one.

hope others up today are ok and thanks to all for much needed encouragement this week, been a harder one for me than usual.

good luck with se's and to those hitting the bar tomorrow good luck too.

love all xxxx

Highlighted

That sounds great!!! I wish I could have that too!
Highlighted

I get all my meds prescribed in liquid form as I have a problem swallowing tablets.

Makes life much easier! Smiley Happy

Highlighted

EC 2 day 15

Hi Rollercoaster yes I am the same with the pills they make me wretch too, I think it it taking so many in a short space of time and not being used to it. Before all this I only took evening primrose and a multi vitamin each day. Thank god this isn't going to be forever hun x  x

Highlighted

Whoops forgot, FEC 2 Day 4,

Morning all, woke early at 5, watched iplayer, had brekky and fell asleep again! Bliss! Good to get pm from you Christymay, Hope you got the pm back from me.

Is anybody else getting a phobia about taking pills, every time I have to take one now it makes me wretch which is what they're mostly meant to prevent, ironic isn't it. Thank goodness, I've done with them for this cycle unless I have to use the loperamide again later on . Think it was the ranitidine that finished me off, they're rather large compared to all the others. Any suggestions?

Apart from that not too bad this morning, bit fed up earlier but better now had more sleep. Hope everyone else is doing better now after treatments and other appointments. If anyone has either today, hope they go as well as can be expected. Love and hugs to all xxx
Highlighted

Morning maisies,  good luck to Rose and Bonnie today at the bar and to Sam with her appointment and anyone else with appointments too.  I hope any se's are starting to slow down now. I have an appointment with onc at 5pm today when I should find out if he is likely to go to Cyprus in Nov before last chemo and when rads are likely to start before Xmas or after. Fingers crossed he will let me go.

Have a good day girls x  x

Highlighted

TAC 2 day 4.
Hi Maisie's, this chemo s no picnic!!! Can see others struggling to hoe your all ok, I've just finished steroids so hopefully some improvement soon. Just had big shock looked in mirror properly been avoiding it and I look like I don't know what! Cancer patient !!!! No hair, pale, black shadows under eyes, scars!!! It can only improve!!!
Jigsaw arrived yesterday but could only manage to sort out outside pieces and put a few together and had to have a sleep!!
This cumulative thing is a bit pants, soooooo tired. Anyway going get some fresh air, head gets cold though do you all find that, gonna get warm hat on.
Hope all se's manageable girls. All with appts hope goes well and all feeling well enjoy your days. Ps thanks for txts girls nice to know your not forgotten when you feel crap, much appreciated. Happy day all Maisie's xx ju x sorry if I've depressed anyone xx
Highlighted

Morning Maisie's, is this a good sign, nobody posted yet? You all still sleeping? Or is that wishful thinking? I slept a bit better, dropped off bout 1, awake bout 4.45, dozed til 6.45 then gave in!

Last day of steroids thank the lord! Just the injections til mon, then hopefully feel a bit more alive!

wat to do today, rubbish daytime tv or read some depressing magazines! I need a new hobby!

Anyway enough of my moaning, hope you are all feeling ok? Big hugs xxxx
Highlighted

Hi roller I am next up Thursday 19th sept Hun , I'm resting lots so should be ok , hope ur all ok and Ses are minimal , thanks for all well wishes today especially on face book and off christy , deb and Julie for messaging me throughout the day xxxxx
Highlighted

Good luck to any of the maisies at the var tomorrow and to those with hospital appointments, sending hugs your way ladies. I hope all those suffering with se's feel better tomorrow, night night ladies sweet dreams love debs x x

Highlighted

genevre if you scroll to top of screen you will see an envelope if someone sends you a pm there will be a number on the envelope indicating how many messages you have.  Click on envelope and it will come up and there isa reply option when you have read it.

Im feeling exhausted today which is frustrating as am only on day 3 of cycle 3 fatigue doesnt usually kick in til days 4a nd 5 so guess it must be catching up with me.  No zumba tonight no energy.

Gotta be said Emmerdale and Corrie were on fire tonight cant wit for next episodes and whitechaple in a bit too great night for tv

Highlighted

FEC 2, DAY3,

Stayed in Bed til 11.30, my friend came ran me a bath, changed bed sheets, came down stairs had a bowl of pasta, felt much better just very tired!

Then I had a nice surprise by daughter came bk from uni to see me, cheered me up do much as was starting to feel emotional. Only here for the night but nice to have a cuddle!

So hate the flippin steroids, only 3 more to go but prob no sleep again tonight!
Sounds like a few of us are having problems at the moment including my good friend Dee.

Thinking of you all & sending big hugs Maisie's xxxx
Highlighted

FEC2 Day 9

Good evening brave Maisies.

Thanks for the advice as to how to post a pm.  I’ll try it out when I’ve finished this, hope it works! How will I know if it has, and how do I know if anyone has sent a post to me? It seems a really good idea so we’ve all got a smaller group of people looking after us. But I think it’s important we use the forum as well so people don’t get overlooked if they don’t do pms or arenot in the fb group.  You Maisies are really lovely and caring and I know none of us want  this to happen.

Paintstripper ladies- hope you can all find something that works for you – I’ve got 4 lots of meds for mouth, throat, gullet and stomach – GP said he was covering all bases! I certainly feel much better today, hurrah!

Samj – I hope you can go ahead and will be thinking of you on Monday. You’re bound to feel nervous but the actual process is honestly not at all scary

It’s really interesting to read cold cap discussion – thanks for the info Gilly. I used the cap first session but had a blinding headache for the first half hour then had painkillers which took the edge off it and felt freezing cold the whole day, so decided not to use it again. I’m on FEC 75, and have shed lots of hair, so it’s quite thin, but only have bald patches at the sides and a bit at the back.  No idea what will happen next...

Rollercoaster –hope you get through the next few bad days, am thinking of you.

Hope you all have a peaceful evening and some decent sleep xx

Highlighted

FEC 2 day 3

Did have a cat nap till the phone woke me, not long asleep so hope I do better tonight. Have taken the last dose of the wretched steroids at lunch time, so if not tonight then tomorrow night should do better. Went to gp re stomach probs, he gave me ranitidine to settle it but made it clear I need to get any more I need from the hospital next time. Actually feeling a bit better now, lets hope thats a good sign.

Looking at your posts, most of us had a bad night last night. Things can only get better.

Gilly, thanks for that explanation, I didn't realise thats how they worked out your dose . They must have told me that but its impossible to remember everything they tell you. The onc did ask me on Monday if I had lost weight, he checked it and I had put on 700grams! Wow!

Christymay, like you I hate the steroids, I just wish there was an alternative to them. They make me feel so shaky and horrible but I don't want the throwing up again at any price so I have to take them for now. Just want this all over with now, I hate feeling cruddy.

Spikeyred, sorry they have delayed you, I came close to it, but isn't it strange how we really don't want it all but when they threaten to cancel we don't want them to do that either. Put it down to chemo brain!

Samjs, it would be nice if that were the case but alas its mainly all the meds but especially the steroids that do it plus the nausea! Glad it looks like things are finally moving along for you, it must feel ages since you started your journey, it did for me. You almost think you've slipped through the net sometimes.

Breezey, I have 2 steroids twice a day, once with breakfast and again with lunch and thats it, so they're all done before 1pm. Thats what the instructions in the packet and the nurses say, take them before 2 pm so you can sleep. The instructions we all get seem very different but I don't understand why. They're rotten things to take, I'm glad its only 3 days worth at a time! Btw your next date, is it thursday 26th sept coz 29th is a sunday?

Debs 12, lol, me and OH sat down to watch a prog on iplayer today and both woke up when the phone rang! Oops, but it was good. Sadly woke up just in time for white cell jab, still don't seem to have any ses from them thank goodness.

Chezzap, I agree with you about people disappearing from the forum. I personally don't find it that diffcult to use but had only just joined when it changed. One thing I do miss is not having an up to date list of who is having what and when. I know its a pain doing it but it was helpful. Can't remember who said it but its true, we all used to put where we were at at the top of our post which gave us some idea what was going on with everybody, but it seems to have stopped. I'm trying to remember to do it but the chemo brain lets us all down sometimes.

Well everybody I have duped my body intoeating a bowl of curry while doing this post and have about finished both so will close now and drink more water! Have a good evening all and hope we all manage better sleep tonight. Hugs to all, thoughts with all those having treatments or appts tomorrow, hope they go well xxxx

Highlighted

Hey Maisies I am home in my onsie drinking hot choc after an eventful day in a & e , after. An ECG , chest X-ray , obs, bloods taken they have decided no infection and everything ok but bloods low but I'm neither anemic or neutrophilic but bloods read hb 124 , WBC 2.3, platelets 188,neutros were 1.0 so hoping all go up by next week fingers crossed anyway I'm off for a tea of mainly spinach hehehe cxxx
Highlighted

Roller the Fec is given by metre squared of body weight. I am on FEC 75 but I have 150mg as my body mass is 2 metres squared if that makes sense. xx