357672posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone starting chemo in August?

Highlighted

Re: anyone starting chemo in August?

Hi Genevre, so glad you had a good week and feel revived, that's always good. Also glad mum is settled, ss want to do an assessment on dad to see what's next for him. His take on that is that he's going home next week with a full care package. We will see!!!!

Hope all have a good weekend, I plan to now I'm vertical! Love and hugs to all xxxxxx
Highlighted

Hello Maisies, back from fab holiday in lovely countryside.  Feel really revived - all set for FEC5 on Tues! I've read through all your posts since 22nd Oct - can't reply to all individually but it's really good to catch up with everyone, been thinking of you all and hoping you're struggling through.

Rollercoaster, really  glad your parents are settled now, it's all very sad but at least you have some peace of mind now.

Susie, sorry you're having a rough time and Nicola too and Lols.

Hello Teffy!

Much love to all xxx

Highlighted

Chezz, I think your gas bloke has crossed the wrong girl! At least he is there though, hope it gets done soon xxx
Highlighted

Enjoy your lunch Wendy

Heating still not sorted gas bloke still here!  FREEZING!!!!!

Highlighted

FEC 4 Day 12

Morning all maisies, hope all are doing ok. Good to hear you're doing better now Susie. If you feel like therapy on Tuesday you could give ict a call to see if they have any slots available, there were a few therapists with not a lot to do last week. Hope your bloods continue to improve and you manage some good days before the next hit. The days seem to be flying past again. I managed to get to see my dad yesterday, he's very emotional but seems to be getting to grips with mum being in care now, think in some ways he's relieved its actually done and she seems to be settling down ok. I have my lovely big bro coming again today and doing lunch out, should be good.
Hope you get your heat sorted out Chezz, have a good day all, do what you feel like and enjoy it xxxx
Highlighted

Rollercoaster, thank you, yes I have been back in hospital again with Neutropinia, but came back out last night! Sorry I did not come back to you earlier but was shattered and had a bath and went to bed! Have to have more blood taken on Monday to check my CRP level, but hopefully will try and make Tuesday. No therapy booked, so will just come for a cuppa and a chat. Glad to hear things are improving for you and have a good weekend!
Highlighted

Hi chezzap, thanks for the info re Susie, if she's reading this I hope she's feeling better now and good shes back home. Hope gritish bass pull their finger out quickly and get your heating sorted, it's too darn cold to be without it especially with little ones in the house. Do you have a maintenance contract with them?

Well my dears its time to sleep, can't stay awake any longer, sleep well all, love and hugs xxxx
Highlighted

HI all

Roller - Susie been on fb page she was admited to hospital but is at home again now.

Annie hope you are ok and the talk with onc is productive.

My heating and hot water has packed up have now been waiting for British Gas since half six.  cant see them turning up now at this time!!!

Highlighted

FEC 4 Day 11

Hi Nicola6, which anti sick meds have you had last time and this time? Have you had emend yet? I was really sick the first cycle but next time they gave me emend and it stopped me being sick but it's quite common to feel nauseous for a while. You could try ginger biscuits or even root ginger if you can take it. Some eat pineapple, others eat little and often, you just need to try different things to see what works for you. It is hard but remember, its a means to an end. We all struggle with different things but we support each other and take a day at a time and this time next year we will be looking back at all this, all done! Sure the others will have more suggestions on how to help the sickness too. Take care and rest as much as you can, hope it passes soon, hugs xxx
Highlighted

ec 4 day 6

can you tell me is anyone else really  really struggling with feeling sick  all the time have tried 2 different sorts of anti sickness, changed it after the last chemo, but just nothing seems to be working even the ones they send you home with for the first few days havent worked this time, seems endless just fed up of feeling dreadful all day has anyone any suggestions please help

Highlighted

TAC 4 day 11
Morning Maisie's,
Chezz Annie finding t part really difficult, did pm me last week think she's seeing onc today to discuss options, so Annie if you see this good luck Hun x
Hope everyone's managing I know it seems endless but I saw neighbours daughter yesterday and she only recalls all se's cos I mentioned them ( was in treatment 7 years ago) , it all ends and she said life goes back to a new normal which she found is just as good or even better than before as she appreciates everything now and is more laid back, so fingers crossed girls that's will be us.
Plus her taste came back slowly after last chemo about the time you would be due the next one ( 3 weeks) so roller you never know you might get to taste your Christmas dinner!!!!!!!! And the wine !!!!!
Trick or treat tonight well they better hadn't call,here they will get the shock not me!!!!
Have a good one girls xx hang in there xx ju x
Highlighted

FEC 4 Day 10

Hi chezzap, I'm here! Was wondering where everybody else has gone as well, it's very quiet on here. Not sure if Susie might be in hospital with high temp but have no phone number for her, hope she's ok and recovers soon. I've been hit bad this cycle but quite suddenly after dinner tonight I started to feel human, its odd how that happens but I'm glad it does. Hopefully have a good few days now till the penultimate hit! Keep your chins up girls, we're getting there, love and hugs to all xxxx
Highlighted

Hi Teffy echo what all the girls say join us anytine for a chat etc and to see there is an end to all of this.

Lols poity it wasnt jobsworth would have paid good money for a ringside seat!  Hope tyhe chat with neighbours daughter went well and she has helped you get some perspective on how the future can be.

Where is everyone?? Christy know you ok cos we been in contact but where is everyone else???

What about Annie?  Do you have any news on her Ju???

Lucy disappeared a while ago

Fran is coming home today I think

What about all the others????

Highlighted

Thanks for that ladies, I'll speak to my onc nurse, see if they can change or up my meds.
I will drop in from time to time, it's reassuring to know others have been there.
And I don't mind being a taffy lol xx
Highlighted

Sorry teffy you've just become a welsh taffy its I pad it also wants to call you teddy !!
Highlighted

TAC 4 day 10,
Morning Maisie's hope all coping !!
Taffy my se's become more magnified everytime if anything can be helped by meds they will give you them so it's worth contacting unit or gp you've nothing to lose x
Chezz no it wasn't jobs worth believe me yesterday she would have got both barrels I felt crap think she avoids me know well you could hardly miss me , very pale looking, in hat no hair!!!!
Not feeling any different today mouth still yuk!!! Can't wait to taste food again.
Got neighbours daughter calling for coffee today had bc 7 years ago had chemo, rads etc and is so easy to talk to cos she's been there , done that xx
Right off tidy up before visit, have good day all Maisie's, upwards and onwards girls xx ju
Highlighted

FEC 4 Day 10

Hi Teffy, sorry to hear you're struggling so much this cycle. You don't say exactly what ses you're having and how it's different but you should discuss things with your chemo nurses, tell it like it is and they will feed that back to your onc who may prescribe different meds for you depending what the problem is. Other than that I'm sorry to say the effects are cumulative so yes you will take longer to feel better after each cycle but since you've only had two yet any different meds might help a bit. You're welcome to tune in to our thread anytime if we can help we will. Just remember, its one day at a time and listen to your body, rest as much as you can and drink plenty of water. It isn't easy but we're like teabags, you never know how strong we are till we get into hot water! Will be thinking of you and sending virtual hugs, xxx
Highlighted

Hi ladies,
I'm from the October optimist , and was wondering if any of you could give me a bit of info.
I had my 2nd EC last Thursday, and have felt a lot worse this time, as if the SE have been magnified .
Do they get worse each cycle? At least I'll be prepared if I know
Best wishes all x
Highlighted

Ju did you get the jobsworth doc receptionist again!!!!

Highlighted

Thanks Lols, will watch the post with interest!!! xxx
Highlighted

Hi rollercoaster , yeah 2 nd dec fingers crossed. Think rads will start January , deep joy , can't wait!!!
Know what you mean bout all the meds etc my bathroom looks like a chemist !!
Xx
Highlighted

FEC 4 Day 9

Hi Lols, do you get your last chemo on 2nd December the same as me, subject to bloods of course? I've been wondering when the rads planning appt comes, I haven't heard a thing yet but then I did have to phone and nag for my onc appt to get the chemo started as well so who knows what will happen about rads! You're right it's always one day at a time, sounds like a mantra doesn't it. Is it worth you trying a different mouthwash to see if it helps your thrush? Its hard to know which side effect is the worst, they're all a pain in the derrière! Think I might have a big ceremonial bonfire for all the meds, wigs, mouthwashes etc that I'm getting heartily sick of!!!!! Going to try some dinner now, take care one and all, xxxxx
Highlighted

TAC 4 day 9
Afternoon Maisie's, hope everyone managing .
Feeling bit crap , oral thrush really bad at mo, saw gp today and back on tablets for it. It gets me down more than all other se's.
Chezz glad you got your chemo and yeah roll on January. Got appt for rads thing, tattoos etc 28 th November seems unreal that that's the next stage.
One day at a time girls that what I keep saying even when tearful.
Meg thanks for support everyday you have no idea what a difference it makes x
Feel like my head is shrinking too or my hats are getting to big !!!
Right girls as the advert says ( no idea what it's trying to sell) winston Churchill said, never give up, never, never ,never give up!!! Luv to all , hang in there ladies xx ju x
Highlighted

HI sorry been missing couple of days.  Note to self dont take Small child to cinema whilst on chemo I was sick as a dog next day!!  Thankd goodness was only 24 hr thinga nd still made chemo yesterday.

So thats 2 down 10 to go!!!  Arrgghhh so much longer to go cant wait til Jan is here

Seems very quiet on here

where are you all hiding?????

Highlighted

FEC 4 Day 9

Day 9 already! It seems to have gone very quiet on the forum with some away and others suffering serious ses, sorry girls, its hard and it seems to take longer to claw your way out of the mire each time but each one done is another step nearer the end of the nightmare, we can do it, just keep going and think of the end result and celebrations in store. Sorry you're not feeling so well Susie, hope the temp comes down soon without a stay at hotel nhs, missed you today at the drop in, hope to see you next week. Take care all, rest and recover at your own pace, love and hugs to all the amazing maisies, xxx
Highlighted

Hi everyone feel a bit out of touch been so long since posted even though i have still been reading your posts, just had number 4 on ec day 2, was so sickly last time thought it was never going to end, changed anti sickness this time so hope it works and indegestion and heart burn was terrible last time too , i am using the cold cap and so far the hair is doing well just having to wear hats when out somtimes because i cant style the hair anymore but it seems to be working for me, if anyone else says to me well your over half way i think i may scream, people dont seem to realise that the build up in your system meens that your going to feel worse the further we go through, but i suppose unless youv been there how r you expected to know, and we wouldnt wish this on anyone, hope everyone isnt suffering too badly and keep your chins up hugs to you all and hang in there

Highlighted

Hi Rollercoaster, not doing too bad, no sickness this time, which is good! Food an issue as you say, fancy something and then when I start eating, don't want it at all! OH is putting on weight, eating up all the things I try and then leave! I have been told the Se's on Tax kick in within the next day or two, so we will see! Very tired with all the steroids but still hope to make Tuesday, weather permitting! Glad to hear you are slowly picking up Rollercoaster, I think it takes longer as you go through and as you say you can't plan any treats until you know when your treatment finishes.
Hope everyone else is picking up slowly after their last chemo, all take care x.
Highlighted

FEC 4 Day 7

Morning all, recovering slowly, food still dire tasting and a bit shaky, wobbly but getting there. How are you doing Susie, hope your ses aren't too bad, keep thinking about you and hope you can make it to drop in on Tuesday. Hope everyone else is managing ok and glad to hear Genevre is having a relaxing time away. I keep trying to plan some treat for the end but its difficult when you can't be 100% sure of the date to finish! guess it will be a last minute thing. Love and hugs to all xxxx
Highlighted

hi just a short note Genevre is fine is enjoying a much needed break at as she says a lush cottage and is feeling really relaxed, she sends her love to all xx

Highlighted

No Gilly, not me, I never use Facebook but thanks for asking xxxx
Highlighted

Hi Roller, did you send a request to the Maisies facebook page? We have had a Wendy join us and wondered if it was you xx

Highlighted

Thanks girls, I have found no end of uses for plain old salt water which all help. When I had the cold i gargled with it which stopped the sore throat dead in its tracks, also bathed my eyes when itchy and sore with mild salt water, just warm, it soothed them and no probs since so might be worth a try for Pendragon and Chezzap. I prefer non drug options if there are any, did say to onc about the eyes he had no suggestions to make really. I have a new nickname now, tufty! Lol, Love to all xxx
Highlighted

tax 9 day 3

morning all, glad you are sorted with your parents huni, such a worrying time, working with old people i know that it takes alot of careful consideration of everyones needs to make the descision to look for homes, and then finding one you are happy with.

woke up today with runny eyes, looked in mirror seems eyelashes have decided to leave me overnight, eyes are sore and im trying not to rub them, any ideas please, see my onco on tuesday ill ask him then just looking for a quick relief.

slept better last night but still shattered wish my body was my own again, i too have felt like giviing up on the chemo but like most others my good head has persuaded me to keep going, another thing to discuss on tuesday, need to make another list.

sold my wedding dress this week has made me feel bit better once i got over the upset, OH has said once im back at work he'll divorce his wife suppose thats all i can ask for.

anyway best try and get my body moving, love to all, hope se's are manageable  xxx

Highlighted

Aw Ju you made me chuckle imagining you with your big dressing gown and sleep cap on I think you encapsulated how we all look and feel!  Its a very sexy look isnt it!  I swear I dont know how Jose has managed to keep his hands off me these last few months!!! ha ha

Roller glad to hear you are emerging from the fog of cycle 4.  Good that your parents are sorted now too well in a fashion.  At least you know they are safe and if they fall etc there is someone at hand.

Im ok not had any SE so far with weekly just a sore throat every morning when firdt wake up but as day goes on it gets better.  Taking Rafa to pictures today and he is on half term next week so gotta think of lots of indoors things to do as it is permanently persisting down in the rainy city!!!

Love to all xxxx

Highlighted

FEC 4Day 6

Hi Lols! sorry to hear you're feeling as bad as me but the only way is up now! I know what you mean about throwing in the towel, I've been there too but then you get your head round it and you just know you will keep going and lick this enemy, we can do it, just keep going one day at a time. As re the eating, I just eat whatever I can think I might fancy, even had OH nip over to macdonalds one night for a chicken burger, the order of the day! Will deal with other dietary issues when I get past this one, this is the priority for now, at least thats my excuse. Found carrot and coriander soup quite good, can't face the normal porridge so have gone for mini shredded wheats but whatever I eat I have a small amount to start with or the sheer look of it puts me off even starting to eat. Little and often seems to do better and I try to eat something small last thing at night in the hopes it will help me sleep better, seems to work. Just try anything and see if it works for you Lols, hope you feel better soon, thinking of you, love and hugs xxxx. Ps! it is a relief to have the olds sorted thanks.
Highlighted

TAC 4 day 6,
Morning Maisie's, rollercoaster thanks for that post I was feeling so down and to know someone else has very similar se's really helps, this taste thing is awful, I can eat lemons an I'd couldn't tell you what I had eaten, a girl in chemo was suing she tried pickled onions and no taste at all, I don't know why this part gets me so down but knowing I'm not the only one helps. Not that I want anyone else to have this if you know what I mean, wouldn't wish this on anyone. Bone pain has landed big time, it's laugh or cry was going downstairs this morn had to sit for a minute on stairs and my reflection in window I didnt recognise, sleep cap, big dressing gown, pink socks and looked 90!! Did laugh or I would have screamed!!
Glad about your parents roller it's so difficult to have any other worries when having chemo never mind something so important so I hope it stay ok.
Where's our film star? Chezz you ok? Hope the weekly s are kinder to you.
Meg hope little effect or none still from injections Hun and you don't rush around to much.
Fingers crossed my last chemo 2 nd dec too, was contemplating giving it up yesterday but somehow you talk yourself back into it, however I might not be responsible for my actions if any of my friends say not long now again!!!! Arrrrgh, they think its just have the chemo , leave the unit and your ok till next time I'm sure!!
What you all eating girls? I'm living on soups and porridge cos I can imagine what they taste like, be grateful for any suggestions.
Hands and feet sore but they look ok suppose that's just another se.
Annie hope your getting better i know the t has taken its toll on you, chin up Hun xx
Right off for cardboard breakfast ys home today and I need to be abit more cheerful or il frighten him, hope all Maisie's have a good even if wet weekend, hugs to all xx ju x
Highlighted

FEC 4 Day 6

Hi all, isn't sleep wonderful! At last got a good night, 11-7 so feeling much better this morning, thanks to all for your kind thoughts and encouragement. Just need to start tasting now and I will have cracked another cycle!
Mum and dad have both been placed in their respective homes and thankfully both without an upset through careful liaison with staff. Think it might be dawning on dad that he won't be able to manage at home alone though, we'll see what happens and let the cogs whirr slowly on that one.

Hope everyone else on here isn't suffering too much and that we're all jogging along together towards the end of our treatments. I have 2 FEC left to get through so should complete this part on 2/12/13 as long as there are no delays. Going to try the drinking/eating process now so will post more later, love and hugs to all xxx
Highlighted

Kaz, thanks for that, I will give it a go, have a good weekend x.
Highlighted

If you have a FB account the link is

https://www.facebook.com/groups/165815423611027/

its a closed group so just send a request to join

Highlighted

How do I do that? Sorry not very technical! Thanks for replying to me kaz.
Highlighted

Hi just popped on here to see whats going on am on the FB page.  I am same diagonsis as you there are a few of us who are Triple Negative.  Had just had my fourth chemo (3 FEC - 3 Tax) then having rads after.  You should join us on FB x

Highlighted

Sorry you feel rough again roller, but just rest and let you body repair itself, drink lots and eat what you fancy! Had my first Taxotere chemo yesterday, not happy with all the steroids but not too bad at the moment. Woke up this morning and actually did not feel sick! They reckon the SES will kick in in a couple of days, can't wait! Raining outside, so could be a lazy day catching up on tv and chilling out. I have found out my cancer is Grade 3 aggressive triple negative, does anyone know anyone going through the same?
Hope all you other Maisie are getting over your last dunking and getting ready for a good weekend. All of you take care x.
Highlighted

Pendragon, thanks for the hugs and support, it means a lot. I can't do anything other than rest right now, its most frustrating. Hope everyone else is managing ok tonight, I'm just tucked up in my bed now, will probably fall asleep while watching the good life on the laptop, not much brain power required for that. Nite all, sleep well, love and hugs to all xxxx
Highlighted

sorry youre feeling so bad roller, you have such alot to cope with as well as the horrible illness, wish i could help in any way, all i can do is send hugs huni and all the best wishes in the world for your parents moves, cpns are ok til the crunch then they seem to become invisible

hope you start to feel better rest up when you can

angie xxx

Highlighted

FEC 4 Day 4

Sorry girls, feel absolutely wiped out today, no energy and no appetite, forcing myself to set but it all tastes minging as usual. Just going fir the 3 jabs again this cycle, can't face any more and the neuts we're ok last time so that will do again.

Just heard dad has been moved to a nursing home come retirement village facility for an indeterminate period. Mum is due to move tomorrow, should have been today but think the cpn bottled out and has left big bro to come down and do the job, great help. Will pits more when up to it, love and hugs to all, xxx
Highlighted

taxol 9 day 1

just back from the chemo unit, not as many probs thos week just told to expect a longer wait as hospital was shut this morning due to a fire alarm in fact im done and dusted an hour earlier than normal.

im on no 9 so if nothing goes astray ill be done in 3 weeks time, see oncologist for heart echo results on tuesday next week then ill know more about the herceptin.

hope everyones ok xxx going for a rest feel very drained today xxxx

Highlighted

Really feeling for all you ladies taking the steroids and lack of sleep.  The 8 a day seems a bit excessive doesnt it.

Roller I took emend and cyclazine instead of steroids so that I would nt be sick with the EC regime and you dont get nauesa ( fingers crossed) with paclitaxol so am hoping am gonna be ok.

I dont know if some of you may know that we have had our first graduate of chemo college.  Katherine aka Bakes when stressed finished her chemo the other day so come on maisies we are getting there!!!!!

I dont know who will be next across finish line Im a bit muddled now with everyones treatment and number of cycles done

Ang you will be done in about 4 weeks wont you??

Highlighted

Chezzap, great news, you will have to let us know if it all goes ahead! Sorry to all the Maisie's who are feeling a bit rubbish after chemo, just take it easy and let your bodies repair themselves. Brought 2 sachets of cherry juice to try, see if it works, very expensive for a bottle but will be worth it if it works!
Having Taxotere tomorrow, they have doubled my steroids which I have had to start today, 8 tablets a day! Then lorazepam tonight, not sure how I will sleep tonight!
Highlighted

FEC 4 Day 3

Hi pendragon, I never could bring myself to shave my hair off, the closest I got was allowing my daughter to clipper it down to no 3. I thought I would just leave the rest to sort itself out. It appears to have made its mind up to stay put and grow some more. I keep thinking it will fall out again but it started to grow just before chemo no 3 and it stayed thru till no 4 and is still growing so who knows what will happen but I will leave it alone and watch with interest. I guess what I'm saying is you don't have to do what you're not comfortable with, if you don't want to shave you don't have to and you shouldn't beat yourself up about it, just do what you can cope with regardless of what everyone else is doing.

I've finished the steroids today so only the jabs to go and then I shall sleep and food will start to taste right again, hurrah.

Go chezzap, be a film star and sing the maisies proud and loud. Would love to be able to watch it if we know when it is and can find it on iplayer or a link as don't have tv live here. Btw, how do you manage to not throw up without steroids?

Hope Genevre has a good time away and christymay feels better soon

Gonna go now as I'm pooped and have to do the evil jab, won't be long going to bed tonight though, love and hugs xxxx
Highlighted

Hi chezz Granada was my local when I lived up north. Go girl let us know then we can find away of watching you all glammed up xx ju x