338691posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone starting chemo in August?

Re: anyone starting chemo in August?

TAC 5 day 8
Morning Maisie's, nothing really to report just in middle of se's at mo.
made me smile Annie, I've still got hir all over my head but like a no 1 the same as when OH cut it. Also still got eyebrows and really long eyelashes!!!! Touch wood I bet they all fall out today now I've said that!! No leg hair, or underarm hair, bonus!!
Had a lovely present left outside front door my girls in work this morn, bit box soap and glory, made me cry but anything makes me cry at mo.
OH home today so back to noise and chaos!! Going to chase up bc nurse ( not heard from her since starting chemo) regards counselling think I might give it a go.
Hope everyone's coping with se's, samj good luck with no 3 chemo today with you in spirit, it will be another one down Huns.
Right girls have a good one nearly there xx ju

Just had a really bad night, laying awake for hours, I know I'm not the only one, so I hope we all get a snooze today! I am just hoping no Neutropinia this time, fingers crossed! No taste and food is even hard to swallow, annoying thing is the steroids make me feel hungry, will be glad when this week is over and things start to improve! Any moaning over, hope to get to therapy tomorrow for some relaxing treatment, don't know whether I will see you Rollercoaster as could not get an early one, will try and come early for a natter. Genevre, lovely to hear you are making Christmas cakes, I will have to try and make the effort, homemade are so nice! Annie, great to hear about the hair, I keep feeling for the hair that sometimes springs from my chin, but no sign yet! How our thoughts have all changed and how we don't worry about such things anymore! Hope things all get better for us this week, all take care xx.

Forgot to add, heard from Christy, she askedto say hi to you all.  She's been feeling rough emotionally and hasn't felt up to posting, but is a bit better now and hopes to be back with us soon

FEC 5, Day 13

Wow – not been on for a few days, laid low by usual ses (much better now, just mouth and blurry eyes) and I return to find  lots of news from Maisies who’d only been using fb recently – it’s really lovely to catch up with you all!

Annie, fingers crossed for being able to really enjoy Christmas! Sounds like the green shoots of recovery re your hair!

Pendragon, if the counselling makes you cry that shows that it’s working – and once you’ve done the crying it might be easier to discuss things. Brilliant news that the chemo has finished, hope you will gradually start feeling better and can enjoy Christmas

Roller you’re right, daughters are wonderful. It’s a real problem about your parents – I wonder if it might be better to have them cared for separately, as you say their needs are so very different, and living together again might distress them both.  But it’s important for them to see each other regularly, as sadly the time will come when mum doesn’t know dad anymore.

Lols, glad you’ve got support from son’s girlfriend.  Sons are wonderful too, but it’s a girlie thing in the end! Great to hear about all your energy – but don’t burn yourself out. I had agonising mouth ulcers but cleared up after a few days almost overnight, hope yours are better soon.

Spikeyred, glad you can really look forward to Christmas!

Susie, Gilly, good to hear from you.  I thoroughly recommend the LGFB pamper sessoions!

Chezz, thanks  for setting the ball rolling with fb Maisies, lovely to hear from them all. Hope you’re stilldoing ok.  Good old Steve, it’s heart warming when friends and family show so much practical support

Lynsey, glad you’re cping with tax so far.  Nearly there!

Gilly, sorry you’re having so many complications.  Good luck with results on Thurs

Anne-Marina, good to hear from you, best of luck with your recovery

Jacquie, may your wish come true.  I’ve just made 2 Christmas cakes, one for us, one for lovely mum in law.  Very pleased with myself! Fab fundraising, well done, and well done or having got through it all, and you too Tylerrose

Whiterose, enjoy your free December and best of luck with results and whatever surgery follows

Deb, yes Maisies are all nearly there, Hurrah!

Love and hugs xx 

FEC 5 Day 7

Annie, just read your post, you gave me just what I needed, a really good laugh! Who realised how important our hair is to us! I can't wait for it to get cracking, my head is lonely and cold! I'm rapidly falling out with the ferret and the hats are driving me crazy but not brave enough to go without either either, if that makes sense. I have had some growth but it seems to be taking forever, I hate looking at the shiny bits. Listen to me whinging, I wonder how long it actually takes to forget just how rotten we've all felt?

Looking forward to massage on Tuesday, then I might get on my feet and do some odd jobs at last. Thinking of all of you, hope all are managing ses without too much aggro, love and hugs xxx

PS Ladies, I just had to tell you that this morning I noticed a tiny, new hair sprouting on my upper lip! 

Rather than whip out the tweezers, as I would have done in the old days, I'm so thrilled to see it that I keep stroking it to make sure it's still there! Smiley Very Happy   Just wish the hair on my head would start sprouting as well...

Thanks for the support, Anne-Marina, strange how the different types of chemo affect us all differently!  It's a really horrible feeling, isn't it, when it makes you so ill?  I'm still recovering five weeks later - there was no way I would have had any more TAX.

Good luck with the rest of your treatment. Smiley Happy x

Hi there everyone - just popped in from FB Maisies, haven't posted for a while but have been keeping an eye on the forum. I'm nearly there now, 3 FEC and 2 Tax under my belt with just one more Tax on 4th Dec. Hooray!!!  I just wanted to say what sympathy I have for you Annie62. I had a terrible time with my first tax and really felt like giving up. I ended up in hospital with neutropenia and an infection for a few days and felt so ill from it I really didn't think I could face having any more and going through that again.  But luckily, I did manage to get back to almost ok just a couple of days before my next was due and decided to go ahead. Mind you I was petrified I was going to be really bad again, but so far so good - touch wood! I'm on Day 5, and although I do have the bone aches, stomach ache, sore mouth etc., I really don't feel anywhere near as bad as last time. Maybe we were just really unlucky. But I just wanted to say Annie I don't blame you for deciding to stop, sounds like you had a worse time than me and I was sorely tempted. I don't think you bounce back as well when you are older, I've just had my 60th birthday (in hospital!) and am really feeling worn out now.Just hanging on by my fingernails now! And it certainly makes you wonder if it is worth going on after 4 - there is so much difference of opinion between different consultants. I think I'm just more afraid of not having the last than having it! Anyway, sorry its a long post - just wanted to wish all you forum Maisies good luckxx  Heart

Wow Jackie that's great.  Many thanks from all here at BCC

Take Care,

Jo, Moderator

Morning Maisies,  my feet aren't brilliant either Ju, onc reduced the dose of my last 2 tax as numb toes and heels plus sore discoloured nails.  Just hope it goes once chemo out of our systems.  

Going round to my Mum's later to stir the Christmas puddings and make a wish!  Had no idea what this year was going to bring when we did this last. Have a good day all of you xx

My toes are a little numb oh the joys xx

Not infertile well probably am it's meant to say not much feeling in feet!!!

TAC 5 day 7
Morning Maisie's, jacquie well done on fundraiser , brill!!!
Tyler rose nice to hear your ok and good luck with results in January, well done for working all way through,,amazin!!
Just checking in had a bad day yesterday but feeling a bit better today, se's not as in face !!! Thought I might end up in hospital but temp was ok so tried to sleep it off.
Mouth thing gets me down and I know it will pass so il,have to ignore it, currently struggling with the peripheral neuropathy , can't open anything takes ages and not much feeling infertile very time I bend down I fall over,well wobble I suppose , what a sight!!!
White rose nice to hear what chemo,can do to the tumour as if you've had surgery first you don't get that reassurance so hope you get your wlex
Hooe everyone has something nice panned for today, I did nothing yesterday except watch rugby will have to go food shopping today but then feet up again.
Have a good day all Maisie's , nearly there xx ju x

Oh yes hope the weekend comes off would luv to meet all you wonderfully ladies xxxx

Hi ladies hope everyone is well and all moving towards the finishing line, I had my last chemo Thursday hooray, been quite well just a little tired for a few days probs from tomorrow, still been going to work and trying to keep everything as normal as poss, just sat down cleaned up and done my usual Saturday ironing mountain then if I'm feeling tired tomorrow it's done, will get appointment for scan over the next few weeks, will carry on with Herseptin and persuzamab every 3 weeks for as long as they work hopefully a long time, see onc for results on the 15th Jan although its a wait he said he is confident that the docetaxol should have cleared it as half way mark it had shrunk by half luv and kisses to you all xxxxxx

Morning maisies,  good to hear from you Ju, your right we all need the push onwards from the support behind us, it all gets abit much sometimes.  We are all nearing the end girls after a very long journey,  none of which would have been possible without the wonderful maisies and your support.  Csn't wait to see you all next year when we get our weekend organised love you all x x 

Morning Maisies,  forgot to say last night, held a fundraiser last Saturday for breast cancer care and made £250.00! My son in law works for a very big company who will match this so just waiting for approval but £500 is a good total for an afternoon's work!  X

Morning all, not posted on here for ages so an update from me. Completed 3 fec (had all se's under the sun) 2 tax under my belt so now being hit by the tax train only 1 more to go 28 Nov - hurrah!!!
Bone scan clear and CT scan of major organs clear :-)
Tumour has shrunk now from size of squash ball to a bit bigger than a pea.
Had first consultation re surgery and hes so pleased with shrinkage that dependent on my nxt mri after my last chemo i could consider lumpectomy instead of mx.
Still wont know about how many nodes involved until op which looks like is going to be around 6th jan and then after recovery 5 wks rads then tamoxifen.
Will be so pleased to have december treatment free and to feel a little normal, hope you are all managing your se's and nearing the end of your chemo regime xx

TAC 5 day 6
Morning Maisie's, agree with chezz and roller nice to see new posts and hear from you all makes you realise it's doable, not fun though but it gets you through. So please post again plus just noticed dec thread started and its useful for them to see what our experiences are I know I read the June one , that's why I joined .
Roller I have nosebleeds to without warning, no pain and bit embarrassing really!!! Have no taste at all and had a crap night, been really busy lat few days but it hasn't helped me sleep.
Wierd to hear some of you talking about rads planning , never thought that bit would arrive, hi debs, jacquie, gilly, spiky red, Annie and everyone else.
Annie glad your feeling more you now xx
Right just checking in as I think we all need a bit of encouragement right now I know I do.
Meg have a day of rest Hun !!!!
Keep going girls xx ju

FEC 5 Day 6

Really good to see some more posts on here, glad to see some of us maisies have actually finished with chemo. Now beginning to wonder if I have to do no 6 though, would be delighted if I didn't! I feel like I've been steam rollered enough already. Still very little energy, taste is awful and now a nose bleed! Chemo - the gift that keeps on giving! It can stop anytime it likes for me. Hope everyone else is doing better now, turning the corner on number 5. More later if I can, love and hugs to all xxxx

Hurrah some more posts!!

Evening maisies,  sorry I haven't been on for a while. I hope you are all doing okay and nearing the end of your chemo now. I had my 5th last Fri and my last one will be the 29th nov yipee. Rads start on 20th dec but at least there will be no more chemo thank god. Fingers crossed se's have been kind to you all and not too vicious. Take care girls and I will keep in touch when I get back from Cyprus, but taking a break for a week and fit to go thank god love to all x x 

Yes, indeed I did, Gilly - I've never felt so ill in my life!  I was fine when they administered it, but three days later the back pain set in and my temperature soared.  Had to be admitted with neutropenia and also had to have a blood transfusion.  I could hardly walk when I left hospital and am only just starting to feel myself again some 5 weeks on.

My Onc did give me the option of having 2 more FECs, but when I said I was in two minds (although I'd have been fine havin 6 FECs without the TAX!) she said she'd be happy whatever I decided and that 4 was enough.

I'm glad I stopped when I did, but have such admiration for those of us who have carried on and reached the end.  As they say, chemo affects everyone differently and I honestly think another dose of TAX would have killed me.  xx

Hello girls founder member checking in!  Just to say chemo number 6 done!  Just as well as my left hand  is black and blue, they put cannula in first time the 7 previous times but it took 4 goes today.  I had to keep going with the 6 as herceptin given alongside it.  If I had had such a bad reaction as you though Annie I would have not wanted more tax either!  I think it sounds like the right decision for both you and Gill. Glad you got your Dad sorted Roller been a lot for you to deal with as well as chemo.  Ju hope you're ok now one more to go for you as well?  As I just said on fb it seems such a long time since we began this journey but I'm proud to have made it with you all  lots of love xx

Highlighted

Annie, my onc said that there is no data to prove that 5 or 6 is better than 4 and even some oncs in the UK have now followed the states and only give 4. Some reckon that more than that does more harm than good. But I guess they all have different opinions.

My viens are cording and are painful. I have cording on my mx arm badly, but physio sorted that out. Breast nurse has said that if the cording in my arm doesnt resolve she will sort physio for that too.

Why did your chemo stop Annie? Did you have a bad reaction to the tax?

xx

Hi everyone, I'm due my 5th chemo on Monday, so have been enjoying my good week this week, have managed to do lots of gardening and meet friends for lunch including Gilly today which was fab. Chemo should finish on 9th Dec so should be feeling better just in time for Christmas which is great as I'm still hoping to make it Vienna for Christmas to see my brother. Will then have rads to look forward to but I'm sure compared to chemo this will be much easier. Love to all the Maisie's xxx

Good to hear from you, Lyndsey and Gilly R - like you, Gilly, I only managed 4 sessions of chemo, 3xFEC and 1 TAX.  My Onc said 4 was plenty - thank you for confirming this!  I also have shot veins and painful cording in my mx arm (which they insisted on using for the IV twice, despite my pleas...).

Have appointment for CT scan and planning for rads next Tuesday, then start rads on 2nd December, which means I'll have five days free before Christmas Day.  I may be too knackered to do much, but at least it'll all be over, hopefully.

Annie xx

Hi Maisie's, just a quickie tonight as I feel quite tired! Amazingly I slept quite well last night after all the steroids, maybe it was the lorazepam that helped! None of those tonight, so see how I go. Not too many side effects kicked in yet, a bit achy and a bit tired but managed a 20 minute walk this afternoon which is good. Lois, you seem to have so much energy, don't think I can even manage to think about decorating! I admire you! Rollercoaster, don't worry about the weepiness it does you good and apparently is another common side effect! Thinking we need to go to that place in Leicester to be pampered, talk to you about it on Tuesday if I see you. Anyway my pj's are calling me. Hope everyone has a good weekend with no problems, all take care x.

Hi girls. I, like Lynsey keep an eye on here every week or so. I have finished my chemo now, bowed out after 4 sessions, which is 4 more than I thought I would do!! Oncologist said that 4 was the magic number and if I was in the states I would only have 4 sessions anyway, so I was happy with that.

Had ct scan last night to see what is happening with these speckles on my lungs and we should know next Thursday whether they are cancer or not...eek! Its a bit scary but I need to know where I am at.

Then its on to herceptin and tamoxifen for me. I am doing the herceptin trial and getting the injections. Which is a good job as my veins are shot to pieces from the FEC. They are shut down and cording and quite painful.

Hope you girls are all coping as best you can. Lots of love to you all

xxx

Hi Everyone!!
I do still read and check in just not posted for a long time!!
Just had my second Tax and herceptin today feeling ok just getting plenty of rest and hoping for no sickness again i had terrible sickness on FEC but tax 1 went ok! Only 1 left to go now Smiley Happy
Hope all of you with se's are doing ok and glad to see chemo graduates here! xx

Hi Maisie's, did have txts last week of Christymay bit lik the rest of us I think , worn out and will be glad when it's all done.
Fab you ran chezz well done . I have been really busy last few days and paying for it now, going to chill tomorrow and watch rugby , come on Wales!!!!!
Think I'm entering the se black hole at the mo really had enough now I've to much I want to get on with and sick of being floored!!!
Rant over, I know there were so many of us starting in August so would be good to hear all ok. Hope everyone has a good weekend and se's manageable. Take care Maisie's xxx ju

Hi all

Im going to go on fb and tell some of them to check in here as you miss them

jackie just finished hers today.

i went for the counsellin g session and felt good to just be able to cry for a bit.  Going again in 4 weeks.  Im much better todazy energy wise ran for 30 mins although was tired after.

has anyone heard from Christy?  Gonna text her she seems to have disappeared.

Hope evryone else coming out of the SE black hole!!!!

thanks rollercoaster was beginning to worry it was something else to have major concerns about, the AF specialist had originall referred me in junly but that was around the time i was dx so i just didnt go was too emotional and worried atm. i know i should of gone but just couldnt face it, i thought it was another life threatening illness, thanks for explaining and yes i will ask questions of you dont mind!! as i said it nearly stopped my chemo today. thanks again    angie xx

Hi pendragon, just thought I'd let you know I haven't had any thyroid function since I was about 3 yrs old. My mum nagged the gp to do something, he sent us to hospital to shut her up in the end and thats what they found. It's quite easy to manage once you get the dose right, just take the pills every day and keep going for annual blood tests. As I found out last year it can lead to diabetes type 2 but thats manageable too. Hope this helps to put your mind at rest, feel free to ask questions if you want to xxx

tax 12 day 1

just thought id let you all know finished chemo today just got to go back 3 weekly for herceptin, look good feel better next week then, radio planning week after.

nearly didnt go ahead today as calcium levels high again got tio see thyroid dr after finished rads, not looking forward to that.

hope everyones ok, feel really shattered today, back aches not too bad atm so having tea the early night maybe if steroids dont kick in.

love to all

angie xx

Susie I meant sleep not seep!
And meant untrendy Maisie's not asides!!
Sorry iPad predictive text and I should heck before I post!! Lesson learned or not, perhaps, night again xx

TAC 5 day 5,
Yucky mouth now back!!! Hate it sooooo much. Roller with you on weepy stuff, (( hugs)).
Trying to ignore se's as trying to paint hall and doors and order stair carpet, did loads today but done in now, home alone though so no snoring off OH tonight so il hopefully sleep. Also walked dog for hour and half!!! Can't believe it perhaps it wasn't chemo I had on Monday, just red pop and saline!!!!!!
Susie hope you seep after steroid mix up.
Hope all Maisie's ok , do you girls on fb read thread ? If you do please let us untrendy asides know how your doing. Sleep well girls xx ju

FEC 5 day 4

Hi girls, still feeling totally lethargic, appetite gone downhill, bit weepy, just for a change! Only once more, hooray!

Susie, so sorry you got so messed up with your steroids and no I don't think they stop to think how hard they make life for us. Hope you manage some sleep tonight, laying awake is no fun at all! I did make it to therapy on Tuesday, then nose dived in the evening, can't even make it off the sofa now except to go back to bed, how exciting a life I lead!

Hope Lols and Chezzap are coping with their ses better than I am, as well as all those maisies having treatment today and tomorrow. Thinking of you all but too exhausted to post to everyone, love and hugs to all xxxx

TAC 5 day 5,
Susie bummer with steriods they messed mine up on treatment 3 I was going crazy , I got a sleeping tablet if dr in end so take care Hun . This time I asked for them orally in chemo suite as dont like intravenous effect dunno if that's why I'm coping bit better at mo, good luck xxx
Morning Maisie's up and onwards we will get there and nice weather for hats, silver lining and all that!! ((( hugs))) x

Hi Maisie's, not too happy this evening. Nurse came to do my bloods and said she had not got my steroid tablets, for some reason they had not been prescribed! I have been told I will now have to have a double dose intravenously tomorrow! The nurse is not coming until after 2.00 p.m so will not be able to take the last lot of steroids until 9.00 p.m! I will be as high as a kite then, do they not care what effect these steroids do to you!! Anyway rant over,
Hope you start to feel better Rollercoaster and that the Se's do not kick in. Did you go for therapy yesterday?
Lois, hope your Se's do not get too bad, rest up for a couple of days if you can!
Off to bed now, hope my chemo will be sorted tomorrow and all you ladies start to feel a bit better. Take care xx.

Chezz that drink sounds bloody lovely real winter warmer, well done for walking too.
I managed about a mile again and cleaned upstairs windows, it's a steroid high and I will be dropping tomorrow, can feel the mouth thing starting, no appetite, some nausea but no worse than another time. Bone paid rim injection though is tough !!! Good job we are !!!
Thanks for counselling advice girls il have to have a think and decide if it will help.
Annie nice to see you here, yeah the t can be hard I'm wondering if im just so used to feeling tired now I don't feel it's as bad anymore !! Not sure though !! Hooe you pick up soon Hun, know what you mean about it feeling like one big endless onwards !!! But we will get there !!
Genevre pants about se's glad you've turned the corner as you say one more to go just keep,saying that !!! Nice to,have a friend who's been there ive got one from 7 years ago and she really gets it but has forgotten so much which is nice to know really , people do move on .
Roller I know no,daughter but eldest son has a girlfriend who's a midwife I'm really close to,her so that helps and my mum lives down the road and we are very close too , both sons really good boys and I get lots of hugs((( )))) more recently so maybe that's their way of showing concern, bless em !!!!
Pendragon glad your on last leg of chemo , go girl !!!!!
Meg, feet up chill out xx get the wine out .
Right off to bed , knackered and il be up,early OH off to Ireland tomorrow he won't cope with getting out of front door on his own!!! Have a good night Maisie's, face book girls if you read thread please post your all ok xx ju

FEC 5 Day 3

Hi maisies, feeling pants physically but not too bad mentally except the mental battle re the jabs won't go away! Just realised I forgot to take last dose of steroids before 2pm, not taking them now, if I feel nauseous again will fall back on the cyclizine again otherwise no sleep tonight! Can't fathom how you all seem to be managing work, walking, Zumba, mammoth shopping trips and all else, I'm too pooped to contemplate all that let alone do it! Can't wait for it to be all over now, get some sort of normal life back, just worked out its 6 months today since I found my lump lurking, seems like forever.

Lols, I feel bad for you that you don't have a daughter to share all this rubbish with, they are much more understanding and supportive than boys, mine has been my hero these last 6 months especially. Still we all have to make the best of what we have, are your boys good huggers? Enjoy them if you can.

Chezzap, I've started assembling the album for dad, I'm quite enjoying it myself, only hope he likes it. We have spent a lot of time thinking they should be in the same care home but actually not sure they should now as their needs are so different. Also mum is settling quite well where she is but its full of dementia patients whereas dad doesn't need that care, he needs physical care. Another factor is that when they are together mum nags at dad constantly, he gets 20 questions before he is awake, she is aggressive towards him and has pushed him a few times already and since he is so unstable now it wouldn't take much to knock him over. When I saw him on Sunday, he was a little tearful on and off but the stress of being with mum 24/7 had gone, he seemed much better so all things considered we're thinking they may be better off apart after all. A lot of soul searching going on here around this subject so any input will be considered, thanks for all the support and encouragement on this one. Hope you're still doing ok with your ses and your little boys are ok too.

Genevre, sorry to hear you've had such a rough time with your ses, I'm only day 3 having done 2 jabs now but feeling dead ropey, maybe a good nights sleep will help,here's hoping. Thanks for the info on benefits help, could use some cash right now, would be nice to have a few days away after number 6 but not sure we can afford it. My dad actually called my big bro last night and said I can't cope, I have to go somewhere else, the pressure is on to do something for him now quickly.

Annie, I know what you mean about missing all the other Maisie's, it would be good to know how they're all doing as we're all coming to the end of this nightmare. I haven't heard anything from radiology yet, getting twitchy about it now, need to know some details and dates. Will probably have to chase it myself same as I did with onc appt in the beginning. Anyway hope you're doing ok and get your last dose done tomorrow, let us know how it goes or shall we listen for the cheer!

Pendragon, the crying part is one reason i won't go for counselling, I can't let go in front of other people. We're all different, whatever works for you is the right thing to do. Hope your last dose goes well as tomorrow and we'll listen for your cheer too. Rads planning is what I'm waiting for now, no date yet though.

Well girls, I'm flagging now so will toddle off and wish you all well for tomorrow and Susie well for Thursday, thinking of all of you, love and hugs to all amazing maisies, take care xxxx

hi im having counselling through macmillan and last week i just sat and cried, but still felt better when i walked out the door!! just go in with an open mind and see how you feel afterwards, my lady said was i getting anything out of our meetings i said well if i wasnt shed know as i wouldnt talk to her, seemed to satisfy her.

hopefully last tax tomorrow then week off with look good feel better, then rads planning. just hope no 12 goes ahead tomorrow xxx

good luck to everyone too xxx

How is Jacqui?  I don't think she's posted on here since she decamped to FB - and how is Penny Crow?  Such a shame we don't know how some of the earlier Maisies are getting on...

I'm still very low on energy, who'd have thought one dose of TAX could affect the body for so long?  It does seem to be improving very showly, though.

Went to see Radiotherapist yesterday and had to wait nearly 2 hours to see her for 10 mins!  Was not best pleased as poor old OH was waiting in the car - he prefers to do that rather than sit in the waiting room.

Anyway, will be having 15 rads after planning appointment, don't know when that will be, more waiting I suppose!

Good luck to everyone up for their last dose of chemo, and sympathy for those suffering from SEs and/or feeling a bit low.  Onwards and upwards (though sometimes it just feels like it's one big long endless 'onwards' Smiley Very Happy )

Annie xx

FEC 5, day 9

I’ve just emerged from a trip to hell on wheels with ses. But turned the corner now, can stay upright and back on laptop. Have just met a friend for lunch (a BC sufferer who’s now back at work) and that was lovely.

I know some of us are worried about money, spoke to a really helpful advisor on 0800 055 6688 who told me about 2 possible benefits, ESA and PIP – there might be a bit of help out there.  Only one of these two, can’t remember which, is means tested.

Roller, really glad you had a good week and hope you’re now coping with the latest onslaught.  Only one to go! I’m lucky, I’ve never had to have the jabs, and so far all treatments have been on time. Such a worry about your dad, but it’s good he’s realising he needs proper help.  You just wait for the next crisis to happen don’t you? The photo album is a lovely idea.

Susie, you’re right, it’s great to know things are nearing the end –  we all must have been dx  about 8 months ago! Hope you had a lovely time with baby grandson.

Lols, been  thinking  of you and hoping no. 5 not too bad so far, nearly there now.

Annie, hope you’re feeling a bit stronger each day, it was awful all you went through

Chezz, thinking of you. Hope you feel brighter soon. We’re all bound to have ups and downs, we’ve been at this for a hell of a long time

Love to all long-suffering Maisies,

Fran xx

Hi all

Ju Im ok bit more tired this week not managed to run or zumba but I went on a breast cancer walk today and we did about three and half miles and then I just had to have a hot choc with a shot of Baileys to warm up!!  Hope you still doing ok and maybe rethink counselling.  Im going tomorrow for my first session so will try and keep an open mind.  Am scared if I start crying I wont be able to stop!

Roller what a lovely idea to do an album for your dad.  Can they not be in the same care home???

Susie like the sound of shopping but dont feel I have the energy at mo!!

Everyone else is very quiet on here where is everyone??

Fran are you ok??  Meg how are you??  Annie I saw you had posted on July so know you are around

Tomorrow is last chemo for Tylerrose and Angie aka Pendragon and our founder Jackie finishes on Fri.  Come on maisies the end is in sight

Meant counsellor repeating what I said not respecting what I said but she prob did respect if you know what I mean. I think I needed a stronger counsellor not so sympathetic x

TAC 5 day 3,
Morning Maisie's, touch wood not feeling too bad yet, nausea worse than any other time but doable with meds. Had steroid high yesterday did housework and cleaned downstairs windows but not outside, doing upstairs today with OH help he just doesn't know it yet!!!
Roller sounds like your parents are coming to terms with future plans I'm glad for you it's hard enough just getting through this, I've a brother who's not always too well and it pushes me sometimes as he doesn't see anything around him so when he's at my house its all him but he can't help it I just count to 10 or 20 !!!!
Yeah susie Christmas shopping , lovely just pace yourself i don't usually enjoy any of it with shift work and trying to shoo on a day after nights but going to try again Friday if I'm upto it and take in the atmosphere, so enjoy nice to have time with your daughter too,if I go with sons it's well what did you want in here mum il meet you outside in 10 mins !!! No patience , nice with friends or mum though.
Meg caught your pm last night Hun just now you must be tired so don't work to hard, glass of wine for you tonight and feet up at home before you start again tomorrow xx
Chezz how you? Still Zumba and running? I managed a mile walk yesterday which I couldn't do on last 2 chemos straight after , I know it's not far but it felt like an achievement and nice to be out with dog and get fresh air.
Cold here but good cos we look normal out with hat on, I think all mine have stretched going to have to find away to shrink them or buy more!! But half pay looming!!
Pendragon how are you? Still having weekly chemo?
I'm still a bit gloomy chezz hooe your bit better I'm trying but do take it out on OH occasionally probably cos he's the only one here most of time, he's off to Ireland for 4 days tomorrow, issues to sort but it could be me !!!
Trying the positive thinking I'm wondering if its worth some sort of counselling I tried at diagnosis but it didnt work I felt too cross with her she just kept respecting what I said, any thoughts girls its just can't rely my worries to my mum , or the boys or even OH at mo!! Think if I could just say it it might not haunt me, I don't know but as you said susie positive thoughts and I'm trying to do that keeping busy helps.
Hit flushes really kicked in , ee ially in bed at night very hot, then freezing after arrrrgh 6 times Monday night, 3 last night, no damn weight loss though!!!!!!!
Right , shower, dog walk, windows xx
Hooe everyone ok and all se's doable I assume everyone else on fb , please touch in girls else il forget all your names , how are you all doing? Hugs to all , nearly there for us all , take care xju

FEC 5 Day 2

Hi girls, how are you doing Lols and Chezzap? I'm not too bad, was very nauseous last night so took a cyclizine and went to bed, slept about 10:45 till 5. Now the tiredness is kicking in. Have spent a cozy afternoon sorting thru old photos so can sort out a small album for dad with some happy time piccys of mum. He's now saying he can't cope much longer on his own, needs to go somewhere and be looked after. Seems he's seeing sense at last. Mum is settling well too so it seems we're getting them sorted slowly. What a relief it will be. Hope all others are doing ok, treatments etc going ok, post again soon, love and hugs to everyone xxx

Rollercoaster, glad all went well and now you are definitely on the last run, all over in 3 weeks, fantastic! Could not get a treatment for tomorrow,so may give it a miss, as daughter would like to go Christmas shopping to Milton Keynes,so may go, as will not be able to after Thursday, so hopefully will see you the week after.
Chezzap, sorry your chemo may be delayed, buy it is probably for the best, try not to worry and try to stay positive, I know it is hard but we all must stay positive!
Lois, like Rollercoaster, only one more to go! Great, just take it easy and relax x.
Annie, I agree, it is easy to feel down, the further down the road you go, I think some of it is the worry of, has the chemo worked and how do I know it has all gone, but as I said to Lois, we have to stay positive because it is the only way to go, stay positive and take it one day at a time x.
Hope everyone has a good evening and Se's are not too bad!
Take care xx.