1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone starting chemo in August?

Coco0896

Re: anyone starting chemo in August?

hi Chezza realise what I did, have now sent you another PM. Have a good night Maisie's xxx
chezzap

well done Lols and Roller. 

Fran hope you keeping well and now start looking forward now chemo over.

I am due to finish 6th Jan but neuts were 1.5 today so just scraped through. 

Had sub cut herceptin today didnt hurt nowhere near as much as I thought it might.

Annie hoping the rads fly by for you.

Meg thanks Ive asked Ju how you are but not received any pm.

Susie hope you have emerged from a pile of xmas cards I get bored after ten mins of writing them

My big news for today is Sergio said his first words with meaning... as I was leaving the house he said bye bye!!!!

Genevre

So good to hear about more of us reaching the winning line! I think we're all feeling very emotional, both for ourselves and everyone else.  We've all been through this together as some of you have said, I couldn't have done it alone. Just think, before coming on the forum I hadn't done any social networking in my life!

We'll all stick together on the rads journey and some of us are still poughing on with the weeklies.Let's hope we're all through this horrible stage in the new year. Lots of love to all and thanks for being there!

Lols

TAC 6 day 1 . Yeaaaaaaaaah!! Can't believe it!!
Thanks meg and for all your support hoping hair grows a bit and then we will meet up and party !!!
Annie I've been told 100 % aloa Vera gel kept in fridge is good to for after a rads session as it cools area, glad you got to keep,your wig onc
Good bloods for you roller mine were ok but nothing like yours hope you feel ok. I've heard of chezz she's a bit tired at mo bless every week must take its toll and thanks chezz for today really kind of you.
Well I found it a bit of anticlimax at chemo suite after the normal long wait and disorganisation all went ahead ok then just said bye bye did takes tin of biscuits etc for them but I don't know what I expected really! Now off to bed as got shakes and feel so tired hopefully it will be gone by morn, hard to celebrate till se's hit and go but bit emotional coming home.
As you say roller chemo done and dusted, nothing else we have can be that bad not for me anyway when I look back I can't believe we stuck it out!! I've just got appt with onc 17/12 and bloods before it! Yikes they can't find veins anymore and then next stop Christmas!!! Brill.
Right off to chill in bed, chezz hang in there Hun and take it easy x
Hope all other Maisie's coping xx jux
Coco0896

Hi Maisie's congratulations Rollercoaster for getting through to the end, hope Chezza all went well for you, I have sent you a PM too. Lols I know has finished as I have been in contact with her, I am so delighted for you all, everyone who started back in August is nearly finished and I could not be happier for you all, I have shed a tear or two today. Onwards and upwards ladies you can all look forward hopefully to Christmas now xxx
Annie62

Congratulations, Roller!  Wonderful that so many are now reaching the end of the chemo road.

Had my first rads session today, all went well although I did get a bit panicky at having to stay still with that machine looming over me!  BUT I was given a gown, and they let me keep my wig on, which was a big improvement on the planning session, and only one male radiographer this time.

Even though I've been religiously applying E45 to the area twice a day for weeks, my skin does feel 'sunburnt', so goodness knows what it'll be like at the end of the 15 days.  Will take Nette's advice from the July thread and keep a jar of cream in the fridge!

Good luck to all up for dunking or recovering from SEs this week.   Annie xx

Rollercoaster

FEC 6!!! Day 1

Well, did you hear the cheers girls? It's all over at last. Having only done 2 jabs I was convinced my neuts would be too low. My body holds all the surprises, neuts were 5.7, WBC 8.4, hb 11.2 so all done and dusted now, just the recovery part to wait for and I'm told I will get a call tomorrow to organise my rad planning appt, onwards and upwards. Hope Lols and Chezz make it a hat trick, look forward to seeing your posts girls. Will see you tomorrow Susie and hope you get on ok on Thursday. Love and hugs to all xxx
Rollercoaster

FEC 6 today!!!

Hi Lols and Chezz, hope all goes ahead and is ok for us all today, I have to see onc first, oh joy! Let's hope we're all up for checking in afterwards so we can cheer together, go girls. Its a bit ironic I've just started sleeping more than 6 hours a night in time for the dreaded steroids to kick in again, oh well, last time hurrah.

Hope all others up this week do ok, get past this rubbish without feeling too "drollery". Ha ha , like that one, think it might be my newest nickname, Take care all, see you tomorrow Susie all being well, love and hugs to all xxx
Lols

Drollery? Typed roller!!!! I feel drollery whatever that is!!!! Good word though, il use it in work " patient feels drollery" ! X
Lols

TAC 5 day 21,
Evening maises, just a quick one to say good luck tomorrow all having chemo, I know it's roller, myself and chezz is ploughing on with weekly too, not sure if anyone of fb having it to.
Last one roller, yeaaaaah , never felt like day would arrive, fingers crossed our bloods are ok x
Taken the crappy steriods today , always lose voice after them, chemo said no its not that , what is then cos its a Sunday? I don't take anything else at all!!!!!!
Drollery glad your dads coming to terms with things and your mums settled down with meds they do take a while to kick in but it sounds like it all going the right way x
Hope everyone's managing ok it's hard but we will get there I couldn't have got to here without forum and all you girls, so thanks everybody, especially meg who's contacted me everyday, it's a lifesaver.
Yeah Annie it is because of lymph involvement they zap clavicle it's just the way he put it made me anxious again but there's no point being anxious just got together on with it I suppose!! Hope yours **bleep** keeps informed xŷ
Susie good luck on Thursday don't gp do to much rushing around or youl be to tired before the dunking, delegate!! Haha I'm getting good at it!!
Right I'm off , hugs to all Maisie's, nearly there girls , after chemo everything else Is hopefully a walk in the park xx nite ju
Susie01

Hi, have not been on for a few days, but like you Rollercoaster have been trying to get things done before next chemo. OH has been away this week so my mum insisted on staying to look after me which is a lovely thought but she is 85 and I think I spent more time looking after her, so now feel even more tired! It will be good to get your Dad somewhere where you now he will be kept an eye on Rollercoaster, you can then relax a bit and not worry what he is up to! Christmas is fast approaching and if I don't get everything done before my next chemo on Thursday, I have this fear I will not feel like doing it at all!
It's lovely that a lot of us are nearing the end of our chemo and a we will then be reporting on our journey through radiotherapy, hopefully this will be a lot easier for us all! Have not Benny's told yet how many sessions I am to have, but seeing Onc next week, so hopefully will find out then!
Anyway must go and start on the Christmas cards! Hope everyone has a good week and good luck on Monday Rollercoaster, last one! Yeah! Good luck to anyone else who is up next week, take care and hugs to all xx.
Rollercoaster

FEC 5 Day 21

Hi all, hope you're all doing ok, many seem to have finished chemo now, another milestone on the journey is complete, well done all! My last one is tomorrow, thanks for all your good wishes for that, be glad when its over now, I just need to get on my feet! Been so busy this week sorting out things for the olds mostly. Dad has his photo album of mum now, made him even more emotional but when I asked if he wanted me to take it away till later he said no, he liked the idea, he actually sat stroking the pictures so I'm pleased with it, think it was the right thing to do. He's also agreed he needs to go somewhere permanently, so bro and I have been investigating and have found a couple of places he can actually buy a property and get the care he needs in the same place, he seems happier with that idea so progressing that path, bungalow going on the market this week. Seen mum too, she seems much less aggressive now her meds are regular but is hoping to go home soon! No comment!

There seems to have been many different experiences mentioned on this forum, many having a hard time, so sorry to hear about those and condolences for loss of loved ones. I have to say the support on here is something I couldn't have done without this past few months, just knowing that other people know what you're going through and can empathise or make helpful suggestions is a big help, thanks girls and love and hugs to all of you xxx.
Annie62

I agree that it's probably the lymph involvement that makes it standard practice to zap the clavicle area with radiotherapy.  I didn't have vascular invasion, thankfully, but did have 12 underarm nodes affected.  The problem with the neck zapping is that it can cause damage to the top of the lung, causing coughing and/or shortness of breath....(oh joy!).

Genevre

FEC 6, Day 4

Hello Maisies, feeling horrible, as expected but wanted to see how you’re all doing

Roller, Lols  very good luck for number 6 Monday! Confusing about rads on lymph glands, think it’s like my lympho-vascular invasion – they do remove the cancerous cells, but can’t be absolutely sure they’re not some of the little nasties lurking, so they zap them with chemo and radio.

Annie, no nothing’s simple, but the end is in sight. The hair watching is very frustrating!

Poor Pendragon, so sorry you feel miserable, the body image thing hits us badly when we’re feeling ill and wiped out. Once it’s all over you’ll feel stronger in every way, that’s what I keep telling myself...

Yes thanks Chezz, all done.  Hope you’re still coping with weeklies, when will you be through?

Well done Deb, all done too! Glad you had a fab, well-deserved time in gorgeous Cyprus

Lots of love to all Maisie xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Afternoon ladies,  well had a fab and healthy time in Cyprus just what the doctor ordered. Last chemo today now all done yipee! Must admit feeling quite overwhelmed and abit teary, at times I thought this day would never arrive. 

Chezza don't worry about the sub cut herceptin I had my first sub cut today and it was fine and quicker than iv. Still had to be monitered for 2 hours after though.

Ju I am having my rads planning appointment next fri so I will let you know what they say to me as I had lymph nodes involved too. Try not to worry hun I'm sure its normal to do clavicle area when lymphs are involved.  Just think mon and the chemo will be done hun, keep your chin up.

I hope the rest of us are holding up okay, sending love and hugs to you all x x x

chezzap

hey maisies hope we all bearing up well

Nicola so sorry to hear about your mother in law and deepest condolences to your hubby.  Hope you soon emerge form fog of final chemo and start to get stronger each day

Lols so you done your rads planning etc nice one when is your last chemo??

Susie hope you had nice lunch out and you are keeping well.

Fran did you do your final one actually will text you and see

Christy how are you keeping and when do oyu finish?

Annie hope you getting brighter and stronger each day

Im good this week and been told on Monday when I have herceptin will be the sub cut version am slightly scared now

Guest user
Not applicable

thanks ladies, just me i think with the scanner, wish id have known bout the photo id have rearranged my bit of hair or tried too lol. thinking of others going through the same will help, though going on hospital transport will be a pain making my short appt even longer.

thanks again means alot xx

Annie62

They didn't take my photo!  Although I'm sure they've got plenty of my scarred and battered top half! Smiley Frustrated

Lols

Hi pendragon they took my photo to, glad I had a nice hat on, they sad its for when they call you in they can quickly check they've the right person for the settings they've put in the scanner. I didnt find it to claustrophobic better than MRI but the planning takes the longest, next time you will only be in it 2 or 3 mins, ul do it Hunxx just remember lots of us will be doing it at same time we will be virtual rads buddies xx
Guest user
Not applicable

had my rads planning this morning, hate ct scanners, when i signed up for the trial no one told me that the machine can only be set up in certain ways and so not alot of vaiance for a big lady like me. Felt quite embarrased trying to get on and off the couch, never had this problem at my local hospital and that was during my dizzy spells and laying flat. evidently no enough flex in my elbows so one hand stuck in my trousers the other on my head, trying to hold onto my little bit of hair i had left. why then when im off yhe bed did i manage to flex my hands behind my neck. must be the elbow stirrups they had me use. god i felt really huge and was nearly in tears when i came out, ladys how am i going to cope everyday with this, sorry for moaning i should be grateful im nearly at the end. really hate enclosed spaces. also they took my photo for security reasons??

Lols

Hi Annie no chin strap !! Can't stop wondering if cancer in nodes near clavicle now? It never ends I wish he'd never mentioned it. Didnt mention nerve damage at all! Just might have shortness of breath, tiredness and maybe skin damage!! Oh and I might be irritable and short tempered, no change there then!!! X
Annie62

Didn't you have the chinstrap Ju?  They said it was so your head doesn't move, but I reckon they took one look at my double chin...Smiley Very Happy

They're doing my collarbone nodes as well, and the doc casually mentioned the fact that it could cause nerve damage, which  worries me a bit.  Nothing about this whole cancer treatment business is ever simple, is it?

Tiny eyelashes starting to appear, but my eyebrows seem to be getting even sparser - only got about four on each outer end!  No sign of head hair sprouting...

Good luck to everyone ending chemo/starting rads soon - in a way the four months since the beginning of August seem to have flown by, but in another way it seems an age away now.  Annie xx

Lols

TAC 5 day 18
Hi Maisie's, hope everyone's ok and not suffering to much. Genevre well done 6 down none to go!!! Can't wait to say that hopefully on Monday myself and rollercoaster will be saying it.
Just been for what I thought was chat about rads, ended up being, examination, consent, ct , planning and tattoos didnt have a very nice bra on if I'd have known I wouldn't have felt so embarressed as no changing rooms you stripped top half of in scanning room!!! There was a male student radiographer there about my youngest sons age they asked if I minded and my face must have said it all so he disappeared for half an hour ( they I'd say he'd be glad of the extra break) dunno why I minded so much as after all the ops etc i should be used to it!!!!!
I didnt get asked about trail etc like you genevre wouldn't have minded just a week, ive got the normal 3.
Was a bit worried when radiologist said as you had lymph node involvement we also do rads to lymph around collarbone and if ant cancer there we can deal with it, why then do they say after op we got it all? Another bloody worry now that hadn't really occurred to me!!
God food show sounds nice susie how did it go? Did you get to try food? If so hope you could taste it Hun .
Goodluck with travelling pendragon hope it goes smoothly for you.
Nicola so sorry about your mil and mst be even harder to deal with in the middle of chemo agree with you about LGFB well worth it.
Annie they've promised me I can wear my hat throughout rads, they did say to me we are used to seeing people with no hair but I said I'm not used to not having any, they got my meaning and it's on my notes now " keeping hat on". It's so different being the patient and not the nurse, something il never forget in future practice.
Chezz how are you feeling after Mondays dunk? All ok? Hope so.
Right of to search cupboard, freezer for something to make for evening meal havnt done much planning today.
Have a good evening all Maisie's xx ju
Rollercoaster

FEC 5 Day 18

Phew, just had to work that out too! Hi girls, just letting you all know I'm ok, this third week is proving to be a bit hectic with everything going on around here. My poor chemo brain is well over stretched at the moment so can't begin to get my head round doing a proper post but just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you all, well done to all those who have finished their chemo, I'm not jealous really, (much), can't wait for Monday to get mine over with too. Went to see mum on Tuesday, her first question, "when am I going home?", no surprise there. Will post more asap, take care all, love and hugs xxx
Genevre

FEC 6 (!!!), day 1

Hello Maisies, as usual can’t sleep, hence post at this ridiculous hour! Neutros and wbc just high enough, and I am free! Bless you all for the support, I know we’ll continue to support each other.  I’m glad that a few of you have finished now and many others are nearly there too.  Thinking of you if you’re still carrying on after Christmas, we’ll be with you.

Had radio planning meeting, into CT machine like giant tumble dryer to be positioned for the off, agreed to be in trial and within hours had a phone call from radiographer to say I was in test group 2, i.e one week, 26 fractions of radiation, as opposed to usual 3 weeks of 40 fractions.  Bit scared now but I think it’s the right decision for me, after all where would I be now without clinical trials?...I’m to start beginning of Jan.

Nicola good to hear from you but I’m sorry you’ve been really ill, and that you’ve had to cope with your m-in-l’s sad death, must have been a real double whammy. Chemo gets so bad as time goes on, but the end is in sight.

Susie, enjoy your good week and enjoy the treats.  I loved the LGFB session and the freebies, you certainly need some pampering.

Pendragon, sorry about the travelling to rads but at least you’ll get the same amount of extra follow up because you’re in the trial (I’d hoped that I’d be in control group, but was not to be). Good luck with it – when  do you start?

Love to all xxx

Nicola6

Hi everyone once again i havent been on the forum for ages, been dreadful with last two 4 and 5 so sick but finally i think i have sickness tabs that work and thank god only 1 more left, cant wait for it all to be over and radio im sure will be a breeze after this crap, also had to deal with the sad passing of my lovely mother in law on the 15th same day as my last chemo dreadful day, she was diagnosed in may with breast cancer but stage 4 and already spread to her lungs and brain, they gave her 8 weeks but she was so strong and was with us for 16 weeks but was awful towards the end, it was her funeral yesterday and we managed to raise £280 for breast cancer research in her memory, has anyone been to a  lookgood feelgood workshop, i went last week and if you havent been and are able too please go as it was lovely and we were given £300 worth of makeup to bring home felt so much better  yesterday been able to make myself look a bit better for the funeral, and it gave me a boost whilst there been able to talk to other ladies going through this awful stuff.

Susie01

Pendragon, hooe your rad planning goes well and travelling is not too bad, it does not help that it is getting close to Christmas, everywhere gets so busy! Chezzap, hooe you are now beginning to feel a little better, I think it gets so much harder as you get further down the line, both physically and emotionally!
Rollercoaster, it was good to see you today although did not get much chance to talk to you, hope all goes well for you on Monday, last one! Fantastic! Struggled to enjoy my therapy this week not sure why, could not relax the same, hope it will be better next week.
Lois, I always struggle with my wig, but am not brave enough to go out without it, but I think it will be some time before my hair will be long enough to go without anything!
Making the most of my good week, off out to lunch with a friend today and going to good food show with my daughter tomorrow! Hope all other Maisie's are doing well and take care x.
Guest user
Not applicable

genevre, i go for my rads planning on thursday i am on the trial but in the control  group,  not looking forward to the travelling every day by hospital transport especially at 7 in the morning but hey ho no where nearer, well i know there is but evidently not in our same HA. I could even drive mysekf there and back.

still suffering from some ses, swollen foot and today for the first time spotty face, lovely eh.

good luck to thos still going through chemo and also to them moving onto rads xx

Genevre

FEC 5, Day 21

Hello Maisies, I’ve been thinking of you all.  Had a lovely long w/e in Beaconsfield with an old uni friend (sadly her husband died of kidney cancer 5 years ago – she’s been a huge support to me, acting as my researcher etc.) I hope to be dunked – for the last time!!! – tomorrow if bloods are ok.  Last 2 times have been very borderline, and I’ve gone down with a cold (probably because I’ve been on trains) so really hope it goes ahead.

Susie, I’ve been mixing up words (or not being able to find them!), dropping and forgetting things etc, onc says it’s all chemo-brain, just hope it doesn’t last too long.  Hope the ses are beginning to diminish by now

Annie, hope you continue to recover. When does  radiotherapy start? I should have my planning meeting tomorrow pm, if chemo goes ahead, and I’ve been asked to go on the Fast Forward trial (5 days radio instead of 15, if you’re in that randomly chosen group) – haven’t decided yet, sounds a bit risky but you get lots more attention afterwards. Has anyone else been asked to take part?

Lols, I’ve found Optrex Actimist really brilliant for eyes. I’m really sorry about your friend.  Hate my wig too, not the look so much but the feel, and I never feel really secure when wearing it.

Chezz, sorry you’ve been wretched but glad it’s all going ahead. How many more now? Know exactly what you mean about wanting to be you, not you defined by BC

Roller, sorry the saga with your dad continues. It sounds as if it will be a safeguarding issue (been talking to YD) if he returns home, make sure the SW is back on board with it.

Christy, it’s absolutely understandable to be knocked for six by your emotions, you never know how you’re going to feel from one day to the next. Well done to your daughter for the fundraising!

Lots of love to you all xxx

Annie62

Ju, my first appointment with the radiotherapy dr was just so she could tell me what it was all about, I didn't have to sign the consent form until the planning session.  I know what you mean about being fed up with medical staff - my GP is wonderful but the staff at the hospital where I had my chemo were less than h elpful (if and when you can get hold of anyone) and there were so many mistakes and delays.

Chezz, so glad you're feeling strong enough to carry on with your weekly sessions.  At least you know you can have a week off if you don't feel up to it in the next few weeks - good luck! xx

Lols

Tac 5 day 16
Hi Maisie's,
Chezz I'd do the same if I felt ok it's long enough as it is!
Perservering with wig today but it never looks right! Am I the only one?
Annie nice youve got a week off enjoy before the next bashing although I can't imagine rads being worse than this crap!!
I might have long eyelashes still but my eyes are pouring always do on 3 rd week not a good luck in the morning as they are all stuck together I'm really sick of it all now, good job next monday is the last one!!
Hi Christymay may I've just txtd you bk with you on the emotions they are everywhere, can't get hold of bc nurse at all so spoke to gp on phone regarding counselling her advice was contact bc nurse!! They are all useless here, had to get copy of sick note other day and all gp could print was suspected bc computer wouldn't accept confirmed bc! Can't they write? Sorted now after another phone call I've really lost faith with them after all this I'm changing gp, if they don't mind a new patient who's had bc! They will probably be thinking of their funding.
Rads appt this week to se radiologist , no idea what the first one involves I'm wondering if it just consent.
Right off to wait for carpet man to measure stairs !! Have a good one girls xx ju
chezzap

Hi all

Just wondering where Meg is and how she is.  If you out there let us know you are ok?

wishing everyone the best on this freezing cold day.

My chemo was ok yesterdya and bloods were slightly higher so am not gonna have a break next week will crack on for as long as I can sooner its done sooner its over with!

Annie62

Oh girls, I identify with so many of your SEs and emotional problems!  I had the runaway mouth as well, plus forgetting what I meant to say and groping for words...I think my daughter was worried I was going senile!

Dropping things and generally being clumsy as well, plus I've only just got rid of the evening swollen ankles and diarrhoea six weeks after my last dose of chemo.  I don't think I'd be able to go through it again either, ever.

Ju, at least you've still got your gorgeous eyelashes (I hope!)!  I think my eyebrows are bothering me more at the moment - I've still got a few at the outer edges and anything drawn in looks rubbish...

It's been harder than we thought for a lot of us, and thank goodness most of you are reaching the end of chemo despite all the family problems and setbacks along the way.  I've got a week off before the start of rads and should be starting my Femara but can't quite face it yet.

Best wishes and good luck to all Maisies, especially those having a rough time at the moment. xx

Rollercoaster

FEC 5 Day 14

Hi all, sorry missed a couple of days, been up to my ears in sorting out the olds, what changes! Had to get new clothes for mum and deliver them, wanted to speak to the manager as requested by her about visiting mum, she was in a meeting, by the time I got another chance to call her she had left for the weekend. We succeeded in getting dad into a hospital avoidance bed on Saturday, he's already talking about going home again! Big bro is coming tomorrow to talk sense to dad, hope he gets it, I can't keep going through this rigmarole.

Susie, sorry you've been having a really bad time. I'm not dropping things but my mouth seems to have a life of its own, keep talking rubbish and can't descramble what I'm trying to say, sounds like gobbledygook half of the time, think the brain is working too fast for the mouth to keep up, thats my excuse anyway but it sounds la la even to me sometimes. Look forward to seeing you on Tuesday, and therapy mmmmm xx

Chezzap, sorry you've been struggling as well, seems pretty universal among us at the moment. People keep saying "you must keep positive", we know that but sometimes it's easier said than done, makes you want to scream at them although I did find one friend that said he was willing to have the next treatment for me! Bet your brother is feeling the cold now, no hair, whose will grow back first? Or is that something else to sponsor? £300 was good though, well done him. xx

Lols, yucky ses as well, no fun is it. Its weird though, obviously don't want the last chemo but really looking forward to getting it done and dusted on 2nd. OH had to go for a ct scan on his nose so I went with him and went to ask if my name was on the system yet for rads. Yes she says, they will phone you after your last chemo in case it's delayed, how very dare she say that I asked! We had a laugh and I still have to wait for a date! Sorry to hear about your friend, I'm not sure I could face doing chemo all over again, ever. Once has been hard enough. She must be one very brave lady to start over again. On a positive note, it's my third week and I'm eating everything in sight, just enjoyed a Chinese takeaway, coz they're really good for diabetics!!! xx

Christymay, great to see you back on here, we missed you and hope you being back means you're feeling a bit better now. Emotions and hormones are a lethal combination, there's no understanding them, only putting up with them. Glad your cake baking/girlie evening went well and raised good money for cancer research, it all helps. A good nights sleep, I used for have them now I think I'm doing well if I get 6 hours a night, it drives me mad but hey oh, that's the way it is for now, it will pass.

Well girls, thanks for all your support and thoughts re my dad, he's an 88 year old teenager at the moment! Hope everyone is managing their ses and treatments etc are kind this week, love and hugs to all xxxx

Christymay

Hi Maisie's, I'm back, I haven't been on for a while as I've had a bit of a rough time last couple of weeks, not so much with se, even though they wasn't good but more so with the emotions! Don't know wat happened, but want you all to know I'm grateful you are thinking of me.
Thanks to you all for txting me too, it means a lot.
Got the dreaded 2 nd TAX Tom so see wat it brings this time.

My daughter raised £214 on weds evening for cancer research by doing a girls night in, it was great, I'm do proud of her!

I even had a few G& Ts Friday night, I was told they were only singles but have found the truth out since, I had the best sleep I've had in weeks, oops not good really.

Well I'm sending you all big hugs & lots of love
And hoping nobody is suffering, I never realised it was gona be this hard.

Xxxxxxxxxxx
Lols

Hi chezz I'm still here just going through usual se's and nothing useful to report so I've read and kept up. Hope your ok x
Il be glad to hav last chemo and put it behind me so for once I'm not dreading it, roll on 2 nd bring it on!!!!!
Hope all Maisie's coping, I'm soooo sick of not having hair and not confident in wig , all the party dresses in shops and I feel horrible so won't go near them.
My only Christmas outing is next weekend maggies centre Christmas fair!!! Wow!!
Had bad news today of a friend who was dx bc last year, it's now in her bone arrow I feel so sorry for her she's very positive though and has started chemo all over again, this disease just keeps on giving!!!
Susie I drop thing s constantly I think it's some peripheral neuropathy and it does take a lot of time to go.
Roller sorry about your dad it's so,hard on top of bc so thoughts with you.
Hope you had a good weekend with friend genevre it's nice to,have a change of scene. Most exciting thing I've done is order new stair carpet but il be happy when it's in.
Well I souNd really grumpy, sorry girls I'm blaming it on early menopause, dieting and length of treatment, but I'm mostly happy or I try xx
Chezz good look with dunking tomorrow you get a week off then don't you? Anyone else up tomorrow?
Right off to make a meal , can't taste much but I really look forward to it, we won't be able to stop eating when get taste back!!! Have good evening Maisie's il try and be more cheerful next posting xx ju
chezzap

HI girls

Sorry not been on for few days have not felt up to posting to be honest and just wanted to be me not me with bc if that makes sense.

Im in touch regularly with Christy so she knows we are all here thinking of her.

My brother shaved his head for BC but grew a beard for Movember and has raised over £30o for BCC so am really pleased with that.  One of his friends at work donated £100 alone!

Where is Lols?  Ive been in touch via text but she hasnt posted for a bit.

Wendy sorry to hear about your dad and another fall.  Its extremely frustrating isnt it.  Its my dads 82nd next Sat so hopefully my brother will come up and he can wheel him out of the home to the pub on the corner for some lunch.

Susie hope you ok and SE being kind

Ive heard from Lucy58 as well she sends her best wishes she is due to finish next week bloods permitting.

Hope everyone else doing ok.  Good luck to anyone joining me being dunked tomorrow xxx

Susie01

Hi everyone, not been on for a couple of days, yes it's been a tough week, the side effects have been bad enough, but I don't know if it's just me, but everything I touch seems to fall apart! I seem to be dropping things, spilling things (just let 4 pints of milk fall out of the fridge!). What is happening! OH has spent 2 days clearing up after me! Hope I can get back to 'normal' next week. Rollercoaster, sorry you have had another bad time with your dad, it is really hard when your parents become so dependent on you, especially when you have enough to deal with yourself!
Genevre, hope you have a lovely weekend, it will do you good to get away!
Anyway, hope everyone has a lovely weekend and Se's are getting better for everyone, see you on Tuesday Rollercoaster, everyone take care xx.
Rollercoaster

FEC 5 Day 12

Hi all maisies, how are you all doing? It's gone really quiet on here again so either the ses are really bad or everyones out using up their energy levels to the full! Hope its the latter in which case go for it and enjoy yourselves.

I'm ok now the ses have waned considerably but really tired as have been chasing around all day after dad had another fall last night. He pushed his lifeline button, they called the ambulance who attended and wanted to take him into hospital but he refused to go! It's really hard not to lose patience with him right now, he will not see that he needs 24 hour care that I can't give. He can't even get himself to the loo and back. I'm sorry I'm ranting again, but RAH! Had fun buying undies for my mum and old lady nighties!

Christymay if you're reading this, we miss you and hope you're ok. Hope you had a good cake making day and girlie night with your lovely daughter. Don't know if you like James Blunt or not but on his latest cd is a song called "bones", made me think about you and your lovely dog. Lots of hugs xx

Susie, yes I did make it to therapy on Tuesday and it was soooo good! We will catch up soon I'm sure, hope your ses are fading and your taste is coming back now. Each one gets harder, so glad there's only one more. My mouth has gone really dry this cycle, feels like I'm spitting feathers all the time. Not long to go now tho

Genevre, hope you have a good weekend away and we'll listen for the cheer on Wednesday. I'm planning on a good dinner before treatment on the 2nd while I can enjoy it to the full.

Well girls, I'm pooped enough to go and lay down in a darkened room while I wait for daughter to come in for dinner so will go hoping all are ok and sending love and hugs to all xxx
Genevre

FEC5 5, day 17

Hello Girls, I hope you’re all as well as can be expected.  My last dunking is next Wed followed by radiotherapy planning meeting, so should know roughly when it will all be over and when I can get back to work – mind you the thought terrifies me as I’ve lost loads of confidence.  Must be back by mid-March as my salary drops to precisely nothing then!

I’m going to stay with a friend in Beaconsfield for the weekend, so looking forward to it.  I’m near the end of my cycle so feeling about as good as it gets!

Hope you start to feel better soon Susie, it certainly gets worse each time doesn’t it?

Annie, glad you’ve moved onto the (undignified) radio – one step closer to the end.  Good luck with it – a June jewels friend says it’s a walk in the park after chemo, here’s hoping...

Rollercoaster, glad you’ve turned the corner with ses.  Nearly there now.  Hope you’re coping with Dad and getting nearer a long- term decision, it’s really tough I know.

Nearly half-way for you Chezz, hang on in there.

Lovely about your workmates’ present Lols. Hope you’re coping atm. I envy you your lashes, no use for the Lancombe mascara I got for free at the pamper session, although the eyebrow pencil is a godsend!

Good night Maisies, let’s hope we all get some sleep!

Love Fran xxx

Susie01

Not been on for a few days, felt quite rough after last chemo, although no real high temperature, it has been jumping up and down a bit, so had to keep an eye in things. Bones ache as well at the moment and thoughts of food or eating are a total no no, getting fed up now, good job only one more to go! Annie, great news that your radiotherapy should be over by Christmas, definitely a time to celebrate! Rollercoaster, did not manage to go to therapy on Tuesday, but will be there next week, so really will have to catch up, I think like you, it is getting tougher each time!
Hope all other Maisie's are not struggling too much, keeping dozing in front of tv, so off to bed now. All take care xx.
Annie62

Oh dear, I wasn't really complaining !  They did explain that it was because they had to make a chinstrap to keep my head in one position during treatment - as I'm having a bit at the side of my neck lasered they don't want to risk any getting into my mouth area. 

It was just a bit disconcerting at the time, because the person I'd seen beforehand (who I had presumed was a doctor, but who knows?) had said it was fine to wear a cap.

Yet another case of left hand not knowing what the right hand's doing...Smiley Frustrated

Lols

Annie il be tying my hat under my chin. No way am I taking it off!!!
Nite Maisie's xx ju
Rollercoaster

FEC 5 Day 9

Annie, sounds like they need lessons in how to treat people at that hospital. No way should they treat anyone that way. Why weren't you allowed to wear your sleep cap or anything else on your head? We need things to boost our confidence not smash it! So sorry you had a hard time, sending you lots of virtual hugs.

Hope all other Maisie's are doing ok as they can tonight. Sorry I didn't get to see you today at therapy susie, hope you're ok. Love and hugs to all xxx
Annie62

Had my rads planning appointment today, tats done all ready for 2nd December - hopefully will be finished before Christmas!

No room for dignity though - they wouldn't even let me wear my lovely(?) sleep cap, had to reveal my semi-baldness to a crew of 18 year olds!  Plus, they only gave me a sort of tissue to cover my 'good' boob and they had to keep looking at it anyway to check whether one side of my chest matched the other!

Still, once we got started it was all very efficient and quick.  Can't wait for it all to be over!

Good luck and best wishes for all those stuck with SEs and/or yet more chemo treatments.  It's been a long, hard slog but the time seems to have flown by.

Annie xx

Rollercoaster

FEC 5 Day 9

Morning all maisies, a cold one here! Seems I'm at last turning the corner with the ses, been bad this time, absolutely wiped out. Hope all you others are managing yours and can keep,going with your work and running etc, don't know how you do it but hats off to you, go girls.

Genevre, so glad you said about keeping the olds separate because thats where bro and I have got to but most others seem shocked by that decision and think they should be together at all costs. Dad's stress levels have gone down so much since mum went in, he misses her obviously and is a bit tearful still but the anxt has gone which is good to see. Think at the moment he's happy putting off seeing her for a while, but he will get there. Hope you're feeling better now and the mouth gets back to normal!

It's really good to see so many of you back on the forum and I wish you all well, can't do a long post with all the names on as I'm going out early for my therapy, yessssss! Will try again on here later, have the best day possible all, hope the baby turns up soon, just like a boy to cower in the warm when its cold outside! Love and hugs to all xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

dee just posted on fb grandsons hangig on in there atm, no signs of making an appearance, good luck to him and his mummy. xx

Curleychris

Hi Chezzap sorry you have had a dip this week hope you get the respite to recuperate. It floors you very quickly doesn't it? It also jumps back up again quickly. Take care.
chezzap

HI maisies lovely to see so many posts just like the good old days!

Ju hope you have a lovely catch up with OH back from Ireland and get your counselling sorted

Text Christy too the other day as Fran says she is ok ish hope she gets back on soon.

Has anyone heard from Dee as her grandson was due???

Im just home from dunking 5/12 just scraped throough with 1.6 neuts.  Gonna ask after nect week as have reached halfway to have a week off to give neuts chance to come back up am waitinhg from call back from onc to confirm I can do that

Hope everyone is fair to middling!

Anne-Marina

Hello everyone - Well all my hair is gone, head, eyebrows and eyelashes. No hair on legs or underarms so no shaving hooray! The only thing thats strange is that I've still got hair forearms! How weird is that - must be decended from an ape I think!!  Some of the FB maisies said they had a bit of regrowth when they started on tax but mine has gone even more.