cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone starting chemo in August?

chezzap

Re: anyone starting chemo in August?

hi maisies

here we are on the countdown to xmas lets have a good one no matter what!

Has anyone had really bad sores and scabs up their nose??  Im finding this the most frustrating SE along with the tingly toes???

Lols wow 2 years dont know if I wiould be relieved or anxious as you want to still feel that protection of appointments etc

Lols

TAC 6 day 19,
Hi Maisie's , hope your all busy and that's why thread isn't busy , hope all se's managable or even disappearing!!!
Susie snap, exactly same feeling , going upstairs or uphill feels like I'm climbing a mountain my legs ache soooo much, plus very sore feet, really had enough now. Agree we have to pace ourselves!! Wrong time of year though!! Very frustrating. Have you all had dates for rads? I've had planning but no dates!! Spoke to gp on phone yesterday and explained bit anxious about the future and IT returning she said she couldn't really understand why as I've had excellent treatment!! Ok for people to say who havnt been there!!!!
Well hope everyone is feeling like they are getting to the winning line!!! It might be Christmas but listen to your bodies girlies and rest up if you need to let OHs and family help. Have a happy Christmas all Maisie's and a much happier, brighter and beautiful new year! Xxx
Susie01

Hi Everyone, sorry I have not been on for a while but a mixture of still feeling shattered and getting ready for Christmas! Don't know if anyone else is the same but I have a real problem with my legs aching and going upstairs or uphill is a nightmare, they ache so much it is a job putting one foot in front of the other at times! Had a busy day yesterday, so now am paying for it today, like you say Genevre, I think we have to take it steady, but it is so frustrating! All you want to do is to get back to feeling normal again! Had my rad planning on Wednesday which was fine, all marked up and ready to go at the beginning of January, even got my own gown to use! Roller I think you said you had your rad planning today, hope it goes ok, I am sure it will! Anyway hope all other Maisie's are ok and not feeling too tired, all take care and speak soon xx.
Genevre

Hello Maisies, sorry I haven’t been in touch for a while.  As I was beginning to feel better – 3 weeks since final chemo – I decided in a mad moment to re-decorate the dining room.  Just about finished now and feel completely knackered, surprise surprise.  I just wanted it to look nice for Christmas!

I’m sorry many of you are still suffering – Venice, Chezz, Lols, Nicola. Roller, I hope you soon get your poor Dad sorted Roller; glad your mum is settled now, that must be a real relief.

Glad you’re feeling better Susie, hope all well with rads Annie.

Need to go back to bed for afternoon nap, I’ve learned my lesson about running before I can walk now!

Thinking especially of those who haven’t yet passed the winning line.  You’ll get there, try to keep strong.

Lots of love to all, Fran xxx

Lols

Hi Maisie's, back from onc appt, and I take it all back he was a bit more positive this time. He explained TAC is about the hardest chemo he prescribes and he wouldn't give it to anyone over 50. I DuPont feel such a wuss now knowing I've had full dose of t for all six along side another to drugs. He explained tie doxetaxol part is normally given as fec/
T and people normally have it on its own as its hard to cope with and even harder with two others , but the good news is the d part has very good results , so all of us suffering with se's try and remember that!! Easier said than done i know. Also mentioned that se's can take weeks or months to subside and disappear and the peripheral,neuropathy to fingers and toes may be long term or permanent!!!!
Starting tamoxifen on first of jan so happy new year!! But I suppose it gives protection from oestrogen so will grin and bear it. Doesn't want to see me for 2 years unless I have a problem then can contact him ASAP, is this normal? Well rads next but no date yet, and he advised dont take anything for flushes if your bc is er+. . Will ask bc nurse though as I find the night flushes very tiring. Hope everyone's ok, christmay how you feeling now? Chezz and roller to? And anyone else who's still in the 3 weeks from last chemo. I'm curious to find out what the forth week feels like, better than this I hope x ju
chezzap

I have fragmin injection s everyday in stomach too.  been on them for few months and they not too bad to be honest saying that cant wait til they say dont have to have them anymore!

venice25

Hi Chezzap

feeling pretty rough and i have so much to do.before chistmas but just cant get the energy to do it. Its.6 days after my last chemo  so i will just have to be patient having heparin injections for P.E. could have done without that hope you ae coping thanks for the message of support love Gill  

chezzap

good luck with miserable sod onc Ju!!

On FB theres a few of us left to finish:

Julie aka Tasha finishes 2nd Jan

Pennycrow aka Alix is still on her weeklies

Nickililly dont know username is on weekly

Bev aka hotkatz has few more weeks as hers fell over xmas so had to change them

What has happened to Anne?  She used to be on here then moved to Fb but has never posted and I cant remember her username on here?????  According to Pennycrow list she is up for a dunking today

Gill hope you start feeling a bit brighter and know that they are doing something about the PE.

Lols

TAC 6 day 16
Morning Maisie's.
Got onc appt today dreading it as he's very gloomy about it all , no positivity at all , so il be anxious for a few days after seeing him. No idea why I have to see him as he can't really put right the se's and chemo finished now!! Be glad to get it over with but it's not till this afternoon.
Chezz another chemo bites the dust, won't be long now, it must seem like its going on for ever though, we are with u Hunxx
Nicola I hope the painful mouth ulcers are resolving a sore mouth affects you so much.
Susie glad you coming out of se's slowly.
I'm finding these last se's pretty tough , the no taste one just seems to go on!! And sore feet and hands il mention that today but can't see that they can do anything, plus I get so tired after a busy few hours and could just sleep all day, I'm walking for a few miles away though and it's really helping with muscle and bone pain but just causes exhaustion which is very annoying at this time if year as there's so much todo, but have decided it really doesn't matter if its not done I think it's only really me that worries about it in this house!! So will try and chill about it all.
Venice are you having clexane injections and warfarin for pe? I'm aching all over so maybe it is just chemo, good you've finished the course though.
How are the fb girls? Have they all finished? Is it just chezz that has the few weekly s left?
Annie won't be long and rads will be done for you, yeaaaaaah can't believe it, the end is really in sight.
Right off to walk the dog whilst the sun is shining, keep going Maisie's xx ju
venice25

hello ladies

finished last chemo after a hold up due to P.E. but aching all over is this usual ?  feel i will never feel better again, very low just could have done without the blood clot sorry for moaning worried about aches and pains hope everyone is recovering thinking about you all love Gill x  

chezzap

hi all

Back from weekly chemo number 9 today.  That measns got 3 left and counting!

Annie hope the skin is getting better ghave you tried aloe vera gel in fridge??

venice sorry to hear about your PE on top of everythuing elkse.  Lynsey was wondering how you are as she hadnt seen you for ages.  She just finshed hers a week and half ago.

Roller and Lols thankf for asking after me as always

Hoping all of us manage to celebrate xmas this year even though uits been an annus Horribilus to put it mildly!!

come on Maisies!!!

Rollercoaster

FEC 6 Day 15

Hi all, hope most are improving and getting out and about now. Actually did some housework today, wow!

Nicola, sorry to hear you're still struggling with the ulcers, the new regime sounds daunting but if it works it will be worth it all. You're probably right, a delay would have helped you recover a bit first but you will get through it soon.

Annie, I know what you mean about needing to take control, it feels like we're just a number in a list, feelings don't matter so it's quite natural to put our foot down when we can. I've just been reading about the possible ses from Herceptin and it isn't attractive, now I'm dreading a whole lot more meds and ses, I've had enough of them thanks very much! I have rads planning on Friday so will know what to expect from that and when. Just keep telling myself one thing at a time but can't help wishing it was this time next year and it was all nearly over.

Hope everyone else is doing ok, is there anyone left to graduate chemo school from the maisies now? If so wish you well and minimum ses, love and hugs to all xxx
Annie62

Sorry to hear you're feeling so low, Nicola - sounds similar to how I felt on TAX 1 when I had to be admitted to hospital, and I agree about them rushing you through the treatment without consideration of individual needs!  I didn't have such bad mouth ulcers, although I know they're very painful.

I was supposed to start on Letrozole (sp?) when rads started, but I haven't even opened the packet yet!  Why give myself even more SEs before I've got over the first and second lot....? Smiley Frustrated  I expect I'll get told off when I next see my Onc, but I've got to the stage where I want a bit of control, and I'd like to get rads right out of the way before I start on the hormones!

Only one more week of rads to go - just hope everyone manages to have a good, if not wonderful, Christmas. Smiley Happy xx

Nicola6

ec6 dayday 10

hi everyone thanks for asking about the mouth ulcers, still no better have got even more, fed up with going to hosptial with them, i now have a new regime upt the tabs to 100 mg and have a mix of 4 different mouthwashes to follow but first i have to gargle with disolvable parecetamol to numb, they said my body is just so low it will take time so have got 3 weeks supply, i hope to god they improve before then or bang goes my christmas dinner, only good point is the weight loss due to lack of food, i cannot believe the lack of energy this stuff will just not letting go, i genuinely believe i shouldnt have had the last one so soon after coming out of hospital think i should have had a week to get strength back, cos it has competely knocked me for 6, thank god i got organised for crimbo early cos if not nobody who be getting anything, finding it difficult to get out of bed at all at the moment, sorry for going on im sure everybody is suffering  in similar ways, (but i hope not) has anyone been given their tamoxofen i was given mine when i had my last chemo and told start taking it in  about 3 weeks, nothing else cannot believe nobody discussed side effects or given actual date to start, sorry moaning again, think im just so fed up now and feel like christmas is going to be spoiled, its very quiet on the forum nowadays hope its not cos everyone is suffereing so badly, i know most have gone to facebook so perhaps it busier on their but i cannot get on with it, ok going to try get some food down thinking of everyone and hope your all getting through to the end with little se as possible.

Susie01

Hi everyone, Been out for the first time today, Xmas shopping, now shattered, but good to get back in the real world! Taste buds and achy bones and fingers still an issue, but improving by the day which is fantastic. Busy week, portacath being removed tomorrow which I am dreading as local anaesthetic, bit of a wuss! Rads planning on Thurs, so moving forward!
Very quiet on here at the moment so hope Se's are improving for us all.
Rollercoaster, sorry will not see you on Tuesday, hope oldies behave at Xmas for you and hope you have a good one, see you in January, either at ICT or radiotherapy!
Hope everyone has had a good weekend, take care xx.
Rollercoaster

FEC 6 Day 12

Hi all, I've finally escaped from the sofa, hooray! Actually managed to get a few things done and been to visit dad in respite. It's finally dawning on him that he can't manage at home on his own even with carers so we're making progress.

Sorry to hear your news Venice, like Lols says, at least they found it and can deal with it so hope you soon feel better.

Lols, the wig is a mixed blessing, can't live with it can't live without it right now, I'll be over the moon to not need it anytime soon but I fear it will be some time yet. Anyone remember Tressy dolls? They had a button on their back so you could wind the hair in and out, that would be good! And in all the desirable places too!
The taste seems to take forever to return properly, my mouth is so dry too, makes eating hard as there's not much moisture everything feels like blotting paper in there. The odd ulcer popping out but nothing serious.

Susie, hope you're not too bad now a week on from last chemo, is your taste any better yet? Missed you on Tuesday and no we won't be at ict now until January, time off for good behaviour! Hope you recover soon xx

Christymay, how are you doing? Are you our next graduate in waiting? Soon it will be over for all of us maisies and we can move on to the next stage, another thing to cross off as done, thats a big step well done

Chezz, I'm not sure which is easier/harder, weekly or 3 weekly treatments. Yours may be not as strong as ours but every week has to be hard. This school certainly isn't for the faint hearted! Have I got it right you only have four left, nearly there, hold on, we're all rooting for you xx

Nicola, this sounds bad but how is your mouth? Any progress with the ulcers? Hope you're recovering and able to eat some food now. Ulcers are bad enough without starvation thrown in! xx

Genevre, how are you doing? Think you're about 6 days in front of me so you must be well and truly on the mend now, I hope. Btw, big bro and I have been investigating extra care properties for dad and looks like we have found a possible place for him and he has agreed to put his place on the market so hopefully we can get him settled somewhere safe. Mum has settled really well and is much calmer and easier to deal with now. In some ways it was bad timing that everything blew up,at the same time but in other ways it was good timing because otherwise nobody would have ever realised that it was getting beyond me to cope with it all. Thanks for all your advice, it helped a lot xx

Well girls, it's taken me ages to do this post, mostly because I'm brain dead, had a busy day so going to chill a bit now. Thinking of you all even if I haven't mentioned you by name, hugs to all, have a good w/e xxxxx

Lols

TAC 6 day11
Morning Maisie's hope everyone's coping.
Venice sorry about PE, but thank goodness they found it, not sure if your in hospital on heparin? I know just having cancer is a risk for pe as platelets can be higher and also chemo can alter platelets, hope all resolved soon.
Annie made me laugh about moustache but no hair on head!!! Good job it's winter, I went out in wig yesterday and felt a right Pratt!! I think women wonder if its a wig but men don't appear to have a clue.
Susie yeah the taste thing its driving me mad I can't stand water at the mo it ends up tasting really sweet. Everything smells so nice but when I go to taste it there's nothing it's like my tongue is burnt !! Also a few ulcers have arrived this morning near my throat, this chemo just keeps on giving.
Roller how are you? Good news about your hair.
Txtd Christymay last chemo coming up on Monday, she's ok at the moment but obviously dreading the next lot of se's, so good luck Hun, get it over with x
Nicola how's the mouth ulcers? Better I hope they make you feel miserable .
Chez your very quiet hope it's because your busy , won't be to long now and youl be a chemo grad and we can plan our party, will the fb girls one to? Hope so.
Genevre how are you , are all se's fading away yet?
Meg have a good Christmassy day in Brugge, don't get to drunk Haha!!!!!!
Right well as you can see I feel like I've hot abit of energy in the morning believe me girls by lunch time I'm tired and normally sat on my arse!!
Of to Swansea around 4 ish to nosy at Christmas market, have a meal etc, wig or hat what a decision? Maybe both .
Sorry if I've missed anyone out, hope everyone has a good day, getting up now and walking the dog, so take care girls x ju
Annie62

Hi all,

No Susie, I'm on day 8 of 15 rads so just over halfway there! Smiley Very Happy

Bit worried that the side of my neck is going to be permanently red, though!  I don't really care about the boob area as no one will see it.  I must be applying E45 cream 20 times a day...

Venice, how horrible for you, there always seems to be some unforeseen problem lying in wait with this treatment, doesn't there?  I do hope you feel better soon, and that everyone else having a rough time with SEs sees a bit of light at the end of the tunnel in the near future.

Anyone got any new hair yet?  I think what little I had left has finally given up the ghost and I'll be bald as a coot very soon...yet my moustache is flourishing - what's all that about? xx

Susie01

Venice, really sorry to hear you have got a PE now, as you you say, just one more thing to deal with and more drugs to take! Hope it sorts itself out quickly for you and take care! Rollercoaster, glad things are improving for you, had a rubbish few days, but if all goes like last time, should start to improve within the next day or so! Lois, yes I tried tonic water and it made no difference, in fact I can't drink it now, water with lots if ice seems to be my favourite drink at the moment! Annie, lost track of time, is your radiotherapy over yet! Rollercoaster,what date is your rads planning, and are you going to the ICT Xmas party?
Hope everyone is getting on well at the moment and having plenty of rest (sleep is a real issue for me, any remedies anybody?) and relaxation, all take care xx.
venice25

hello ladies

been in hospital and now diagnosed with pulmonary embolism, news just keeps getting worse and worse i believe this can happen when having chemo . Having my last chemo tomorrow could have done without this really fed up  Gill x 

Rollercoaster

FEC 6 Day 9

Hi Lols, thanks for your thoughts, they're much appreciated. I'm improving slowly, it just seems to be taking forever this time. I managed to go for reflexology today, it really helps me recover and feel better. Its weird that I can actually feel it in my stomach when they work on that part of my foot, feels good afterwards. I'm managing to eat some things but they all taste rubbish, it's just persistence but ugh. I'll be soooo glad to taste properly again and start doing some things I'm itching to get on with. I'm guessing my rads will start 6th Jan too but won't be sure till end of next week. Just to know its not as bad as this is good and only 3 weeks too. Have to look for the positives here, sleeping is good again and hair is growing/darkening, thats 2 good things.

How is everyone else doing? Chezz, Christymay, Susie, Genevre, Annie, Nicola, all the rest my brain can't seem to pluck out of the air. OH has made a weak chili for me to try so here goes, have a good evening all and let's hope tomorrow is better than today, love and hugs to all maisies, we are amazing xxxxxx
Lols

Thanks nikki just tried it, didnt work I'm afraid, think il just have to wait!! X
Nikki49

Hi everyone, just popped over from the September thread, just seen your post lols re taste, one of our girls discovered that drinking tonic water before eating enables you to taste.... Magic
Lols

TAC 6 day 9 I think!!
Morning Maisie's, Annie nice to hear from you, sounds like rads is more doable than chemo.
Nicola hope mouth ulcers resolve soon they make you feel so miserable x
Anyone any idea when taste returns? Absolutely driving me mad especially with all the nice stuff in shops at mo!!
Roller hope your improving day by day. I'm feeling Okish in mornings for last 2 days but knackered by afternoon each day a little bit better though.
Genevre think my rads might start 6 th jan the date was mentioned but not confirmed yet, got 15 days of it. Did they mention any creams they just said. E45 to me?
Chez hope minimal se's after yesterday's chemo, won't be to long now Hunxx
Right going to walk dog and get my ever increasing arse in gear, have a good one girls xx ju
Annie62

Sorry not been on lately - I feel a bit out of it as you're all so bravely coping with last-chemo SEs!

Sixth day of rads today, the skin on the side of my neck is bright pink and very sore, like sunburn, but I must say the radiotherapy team is wonderful - so gentle and friendly.  The chemo nurses (in the same hospital!) could take some tips from them, although I realise their jobs are completely different.

Sympathy and good wishes to all still suffering, it'll soon be over and well worth it. Smiley Happy xx

Nicola6

ec 6 day 4

Thanks everybody for hints with the mouth ulcers, been back to the doctors today to get some tabs they have become unbearable and i cannot stand the pain any longer as really struggling to eat now, so glad this will soon be over, mixed emotions on friday after last chemo feel like you should be out celebating but trouble is you feel so lousy its not an option but hey soon we will be able to, it will be lovely to be able to taste food properly and actually have the energy to be able to do normal things at last without suffering terribly just for doing little things we used to take for granted, im sure the rads will be a doddle after all this, is any body else going for reconstruction after radiotherapy, good luck to everybody on the next part of this journey hope everybody is not suffering too bad, although it seems this bloody stuff is really going to take its last opportunity to make its presence none as long as possible, and not go lightly

chezzap

hi ladies good to hear the fog finally lifting.  Had number 8 out of 12 today and all went ok .  4 more to go  come on Ican do it!!!

Rollercoaster

FEC 6 Day 8

Amen to that Lols, I'm still rooted to the sofa! Only good thing is the sleep thing is improving, about 8 hrs a night plus catnaps whenever needed. Sooooo glad there's no more of this rubbish to wade through! Really couldn't take any more of this. Taste isn't back yet but at least no ulcers at present and no bugs.
Still battling on sorting out the olds although mum has settled really well now and is a lot calmer, just have to get dad sorted out now, he's a different story!
Hope everyone else is beginning to recover and look forward to week 3,4,5,6................ Love and hugs to all and thinking of those still to graduate xxxx
Lols

TAC 6 day 8
Morning Maisie's, hope everyone's bearing up!! This has or is the worst post chemo yet so thankgoodness it's done. Slightly more energy at mo than last few days so might get more done than just walking the dog.
Chezz hope all goes smoothly and another chemo over with today.
Christymay how are you? Xx
Annie how are rads going if you've started them?
Just posting quickly whilst I've got the energy, hope everyone is managing and getting some good hours or days, keep going girls xx ju x
chezzap

wow I really feel for you all who have just finished the chemo and feeling it really badly.  Its the build up of it all in the system.  Just feel glad you dont have to go through it again.  I have had the equivalent now of 6 and a third and am grateful that Ive not had to go through the awful side effects you have all desribed.  Dont think I would have been able to cope as you have all done!  Thats the one positive of having weekly smaller doses.

Yes I went on Fri but we only stayed for the meal and I was a bit of a rebel I couldnt be bothered getting up at 5 for my injection so I had it at midday instead.  hey whats the worst that can happen if its late by a few hours!!

Hope evryone bearing up as well as can be and next weeks gets a little easier.

Genevre

FEC 6, day 12.

Hello Maisies, yes no.6 is really horrible.

Nicola, hope it’s all over now.   I sympathise, I’ve also got the most agonising crop of mouth ulcers I’ve ever experienced, can’t talk or eat and overdosing on bonjela. I’m taking paracetemol alternated with ibruprofin throughout the day and it definitely takes the edge off it. I’m sure the chemo is determined to give us one final hellish battering before it relinquished its grip.  So long as it’s doing the same for the cancer cells! My radio starts on 6th Jan and ends on the 10th – I’m in the fast and furious test group. I was a bit worried that I’ll be getting less radition than the normal 15 day stint, but I guess they couldn’t go ahead with it if they thought it was significantly less effective that the normal dose (I get 27 fractions of radiation rather that 40).

Chezz, how exciting about Segio’s first word! I hope he’s been more healthy lately and that you are bearing up. So sorry about the failed evening out. How do you reckon you’ll be feeling on Christmas day? A Maisie meet up would be fab – it’s a pity we’re so far-flung, but where there’s a will ...

Glad it’s over for you too, Susie, hope you’re not feeling too bad, you’ll soon be rid of final set of ses, but it’s horrible while it lasts.

Lols, sorry you’re feeling so rubbish, it’s awful when you feel every bit if your body is being attacked. You should be feeling better by Christmas, lets hope it’s s good one – we all deserve it.

Roller, hope all ok with the olds. You’ve been heroic dealing with all this emotional stress at the same time as having chemo. Good luck with radio planning meeting.  You’ll probably be starting the same time as me, how great to have got to this point, but the ses are truly awful this time, hope you come through all soon.

Bye for now Maisies, take care xxx

Rollercoaster

FEC 6 Day 6

Talk about saving the best till last! This is defo the worst of all the six, I feel absolutely whacked, can't stay awake, can't taste any food, stomach is all churny, feeling very emotional, sick of feeling bad, like you Lols, can't wait for the next two weeks to pass so I can start feeling a bit human again!

Hope everyone else is feeling better than I am and having a reasonable weekend. Only good thing is, no bugs here! Will post again soon as I can, love and hugs to all xxxx
Lols

TAC 6 day 6
Did you go chez? What a pain hope you get another night out to makeup for it x
Got to say this time is the worst for se's , can hardly move, and can't taste anything plus oral thrush has hit big time!!! Roll on 2 weeks time. Hope everyone else coping its so hard and feels like its gone on for ever at the moment. Have a good rest of weekend maises xx ju x
Susie01

Hi Maisie's, just thought I would drop in before I hit the sack, just beggining to feel rubbish, dry mouth and going off food, but keep telling myself it is the last time, so just grin and bear it! Chezzap so sorry your plans have been scuppered, it is horrible, but hang on in there, still go and wear your new top and then plan another night out when you can really go mad! Lois, what a pain having to go back to the hospital for your rads planning, but hopefully it will all get sorted! Nicola, sorry you have been in hospital, hope you are beggining to feel better and will be ok for your chemo, let us know how it goes. Rollercoaster, hope you are feeling ok and you are keeping those bugs at bay. Had my injection tonight, drinking loads and basically trying everything to try not to get sick, do not want another hospital stay! Bone ache already kicked in, so think it's going to be a lot longer with the Se's this last one, but hey girls we have got this far, so the rest should be a doddle! Hope everyone has a lovely weekend, rest up and take care xx.
chezzap

Nicola sorry to hear you been in hospital and good luck withe the last chemo today!!!!

Lols hope you feeling bit better.  My bloods get done on Mon same day as chemo .  Pain you gotta go back b ut as you say at least they being thorough

Susie comgrats on finishing too!!!!!

Roller hope you doing better these last couple of days.

Im a bit well more than a bit annoyed today.  Is Jose work do tonight and we were both gonna go.  Had even bought new outfit.  they have just now told him he has to work tomorrow and has to be there at six in morning.  We havent had a night out together kid free since March.  The one night we were going to have a nice relaxing night out and now it seems pointless going.  Neither of us will be able to drink and have to come home really early and he will have to do my stomach injection at five in morning before he leaves.  AARRGGHHHH!!!!

Lols

TAC 6 day 5
Well done susie another chemo graduate.
Nicola have you tried gelclair for ulcers? Gp can prescribe think its quite expensive but worth it if it works.
Just posting quickly as not feeling to good, think this has been the worst for se's hitting early, mouth think, no taste , aching everywhere and for some reason really feeling cold all the time except for 5 or 6 hit flushes a night where you gomfrommboiling to freezing in seconds, it's exhausting and for OH too.
Rads phoned yesterday I have to gomback for more planning today they missed abit!! Better knowing now I suppose as then no delays so it will,be top off no dignity, freezing room again, just hope no more tattoos .
Roller keep,those germs at bay.
Chez how's it going Hun? Have you bloods today for next dunk Monday ? If so good luck x
Right off to sit in hot bath before i go to the hospital again!!! Have a good day girls, hope all se's manageable .
Ps meg don't work to hard today I've sent pm but il catch up tonight Hun x. Xxju xx
Annie62

Mouth ulcers are horrible, aren't they?  I found Daktarin oral gel worked for me  - it numbs the area for a while and also helps with healing.  Bonjela Adult is also good.

Hope you feel better soon, Nicola - it's all these things you aren't really expecting that get you down. xx

Rollercoaster

Hi Nicola, sorry to hear you've been in hospital, no fun in that. As re the mouth ulcers, I've been using Colgate plax mouthwash and whe I get an ulcer I use saltwater rinses in between the mouthwash. I've had the odd ulcer but nothing major, don't know if you've tried all that or not but if not, hope it helps. Thinking of you xx
Nicola6

hi  ladies been in hospital since saturday got our yesterday, has anyone got any advise for mouth ulcers they are absolutely horrendous , last chemo tomorrow dreading it cos of the cold cap dont know how i will cope with the ulcers and had toothache, but dont want to give in at this point as my hair has done so well, but am also glad to be geting the last one over especially as didnt think id have a chance of having it earlier in the week, congratulations to everybody thats finished and good luck to anyone else thats up tomorrow,

Rollercoaster

FEC 6 Day 4

Hey Susie, well done on completing your chemo, such a relief to say its over. Just waiting for the ses to go away now, to taste food properly will be a real treat and not to feel so pooped all the time will be a welcome bonus when I get there. Been on the sofa or in bed since Tuesday lunchtime, no bugs here! No energy either though, that will be here next week sometime.

Congrats to anyone else who has finished chemo and hope all are managing their last lot of ses without too much trouble. Thinking of you all and sending love and hugs xxx
Susie01

Hi Maisie's, all chemo now finished, yeah! So relieved and happy, now moving on to radiotherapy. Hopefully rad planning before Christmas and radiotherapy to start in the new year. Hooe the rest of you Maisie's are ok and getting plenty of rest. Going to try some dinner now and then a hot bath and then off to bed. All have a good night, take care x.
Susie01

Hi all Maisie's,
Glad your not feeling too bad Rollercoaster, but as Lois says, just watch not having injections, you don't want to go down with an infection, hospital is no fun! Try and stay away from all bugs! Lois, the therapy is great, roller and I are really lucky it is called integrated cancer therapies and it is a charity who offers free treatment for anyone who has cancer in The Northamptonshire area, you will have to see if there is anything in your area.
Chezzap, a get together would be great, a lot of us have had so much support from each other, I know it has made a huge difference to me!
Any just downed 8 steroids today, so now going for a relaxing bath in the hope I may get some sleep tonight, all take care, speak soon xx.
chezzap

HOT lushes thats gonna be us at Butlins Ju!!!!!

Hope all are ok. 

Not much to report just same s**t different day ha ha you all know what I mean feels like being a hamster on a wheel.

Beginning to see th elkight at the end of the tunnel now come on neuts hang on for 5 more weeks!!!!

Once get chemo out the way will look at sorting out a big maisie meet up!!

chezzap

HOT lushes thats gonna be us at Butlins Ju!!!!!

Hope all are ok. 

Not much to report just same s**t different day ha ha you all know what I mean feels like being a hamster on a wheel.

Beginning to see th elkight at the end of the tunnel now come on neuts hang on for 5 more weeks!!!!

Once get chemo out the way will look at sorting out a big maisie meet up!!

Lols

I can't scroll back and spell check wen typing so meant wear pjs or joggers not OH and jiggers, although I have got his pjs on at mo as thet are warmer than mine and I was cold last night, clean out of wardrobe though!!!! X
Lols

TAC 6 day 3,
With you roller on steroid thing, last ones at lunch time today then chucking any spares out. !!!! Yeaaaaaaaah
No taste already, mouth sore, legs agony but never mind no chemo on 21 st day again.
Just be careful roller if not having injections as immunity will be very low and you don't want a nasty infection over next few weeks and Christmas or be hospitalised, so avoid germs if you can. I did the last injection yesterday and sharps box is ready to go back to unit!! I don't think il even be able to wear the OH's and jiggers I wore whilst oing through it all on the bad days as they remind me of to much so big clear out coming when I get the energy, which is zilch at mo!!
Woke up to styling air products being advertised again as OH had put tv on, same yesterday , hate it but never noticed it when I has hair. Still got eyebrows and longer eyelashes than normal , praying they hang on in there now !!!!!
Looks like a few of us will be having rads around the same time which is ood for sharing the experience and advice about any products that help with sore skin etc, I've been told il be quite lopsided as rads give you a boob lift , surgeon has offered surgery but right now I can't even contemplate more hospital visits than we are already doing,want a life back.
Glad roller and susie are enjoying therapy I should look into it I suppose especially if it helps you relax.
Bit nervous about seeing onc on 17 th dec hope just a quick how are you etc, but got to have bloods done a couple of days before, does it ever end ?
Agree the support of forum and maises has made all the difference and I'm so glad I joined whi else could really get this and our se's and how it feels to have a ca diagnosis, so once again thankyou to all off you hope we continue to support each other, right if for shower and then to walk the dog, hope everyone coping with se's I know it's hard but not to long now maises , take care , hugs xx ju x
Rollercoaster

FEC 6 Day 3

As you can see I'm awake early, no surprises there, been awake since 4:30, lovely steroids! Still not feeling too bad apart from tired and awful taste, decided no jabs this time as I want to see what its like without and don't really need to worry about the neuts coming back up,in 3 weeks exactly, seems much better so far.

Good to see you and have a chat yesterday Susie, that therapy is 100% good! it really helps me through this yukky times. Hope your treatment goes ok on Thursday and you avoid the dreaded neutropenia this time, I will listen for your cheer!

I had a call from rad clinic yesterday, my planning appt is not until 20th December so pretty sure rads will be in January then, a good break coming up, food tasting will be good at last.

Hope Lols and Chezz are doing ok with ses and Genevre starting to feel a bit better too. Thinking if all th either maisies as we all get to the end of this part of our journey, we've all done amazingly well to get through it all and we all deserve a break and a lot of hugs. Not sure who will be the last of us to finish but we're all here to the bitter end for each other, hang on in there. Lots of love and hugs to all, I wouldn't have got through all this without all the support I've had, thanks to all, xxxxxx
Susie01

Congratulations ladies on finishing your chemo, as you say, it's great but also very emotional! Genevre, like you I had not done any social networking, but do t know what I would have done without it, the support has been great! Saw Onc last night, told me my planning rads should be before Christmas and radiotherapy will start in the new year and need 15 sessions, so not too bad!
Fingers crossed all your side effects are not too bad on your last cycle and think by Christmas you should all be nearly over the worst of it! Hope you all had a good night! Take care x.
Lols

Not hot lushes!! Blinking flushes!! Should ave spell checked its all a bit hit and miss, sorry!! X
Lols

Hi chezz phone playing up that crap neuts stay away from germs if you can. Must have made your day Sergio saying bye bye, gives you god reason to see this through, bless him. Hope your feeling better il fell asleep for an hour , wide awake now!! Hot lushes arrived again! The joys of chemo still I suppose it men's it's doing its job.
Night Maisie's hoe you al get some healing sleep xx ju