Did you mean: 

anyone starting chemo in August?

Highlighted

Re: anyone starting chemo in August?

It's worked!!!!! Hurrah!!!!!

Fran xxx

Highlighted

Hello Maisies, sorry I haven’t been on for a while.  I’ve had a cold for nearly a fortnight, still at the head cold, sneezing, bunged up stage and am so fed up.  Don’t really feel up to doing anything much and getting stressed about preparing for work, getting new clothes – feel dowdy in everything. Do you think that the cold not getting better is just the immune system being weakened still? Stupid thing is that I got through all the chemo without getting any colds or infections. .

Sorry the rads has thown out cough/cold etc. Chezzap.  I  hope you  feel better soon. Keep rubbing in the cream to cope with soreness . Well done for trying the hair dye, whatever colour it’s turned out. Go girl! I’ve only got about half/one cm but  think I might go to hairdresser and get one of these sensitive hair dyes – then I might have the courage to go bareheaded.

Rosie, so sorry you’ve had such a horrible time with your rads, it sounds so painful.  I hope the antibiotics and cream help you soon.

Susie, fantastic news about the clear ct scan.  What a relief, you must have been so worried. I’m glad you had a celebratory meal – you deserve it!

Lols, sorry you’ve also had awful skin problems.I hope you have avoided hospital. I understand how you feel about hair, eyelashes etc. We all must feel we’ll never get our looks back, but we will.  It’s just hard to cope with when you’re not feeling great physically either.

Wales’ defeat last weekend caused grief for my Welsh born kinds – and much drowning of sorrows!

Roller, glad the hair’s doing well! So glad you enjoyed the week away and sorry you had to come back to more stress with your parents.  It’s never-ending, isn’t it?

Nicloa, sorry all the journeys to hospital have taken it out of you. I’m glad you’ve been to your GP – about the thirst – you need your mind put at rest.  Hope you get some reassurance soon.

Maisies, we’re all still struggling  for one reason or another – and this horrible weather doesn’t help. I’m just so grateful for your continued support. 

Love to all,

Fran xx

Highlighted

Thanks, Chezz. Will quick reply work? - we'll see!!! Fran xx
Highlighted

ha ha Fran thanks for the continued effort to get online.  Hope you are well.

Highlighted

Ok, last post to Jo got through but when I tried to re-post longer message direct it still came up the 'please correct the highlighted errors' and 'Body' in pink. If this one works I'm flummoxed!!

Fran

Highlighted

Thank you Jo. The problem is obviously with copy and paste, as direct message works fine. I prefer to do it this way as I can then keep reminding myself of all the posts!
Highlighted

Hi Fran

Thanks for letting us know I will pass this on to the technical team to have a look at.

Kind regards

Jo, Moderator

Highlighted

Hello Maisies,

I've been trying to post a message copied and pasted from word and it keeps telling me I can't exceed 20,000 characters, which is ridiculous as I'm nowhere near that - never had probs before. Just to say I've replied to you all  and haven't forgotten you.  If this works I'll try again and forget copy and paste. Sorry about garbled message - so frustrated!

Love Fran xx

Highlighted

Morning all, 

Well Maisies, it's been a rough couple of days with some nice bits in between. The skin is peeling away from all over the radiation site and is red raw and very soreSmiley Sad. Went back to the GP and she has given me more antibiotic cream and tablets, so hoping that will blast it! My pharmacist also gave me the name of a radiotherapy cream that some recommend. It's called Xclair, I've looked it up and apparently you use it at the

start of treatment, then all the way through. But I'll give it a go if this doesn't work and it's available on prescription too. Also, (I'm going to put this out there) vaginal dryness, (there I said it.) It's been a blooming pain to be honest, so, wandering around the Macmillan website, they mentioned a lubricant called Sylk. I checked out the Sylk website and found that it too is available on prescription. You can also apply for a free sample, it's totally organic and is free from parabens. My GP was happy to prescribe it and I should get it today. Anyway, no connection, but I'm getting kinky! My silver grey hair has developed a considerable kink in it. It's still growing at a snails pace, but kinky.

Chezza, bless you, a cold to go with everything else! Keep it going hun, you're doing really well. Continue with that cream, as it's a must, especially when it's over. I wouldn't want you to be in the situation I find myself in and Lols is having a pretty rough time too.

Lols, how are you getting on? What a sham over the swab, what's all that about. Sounds like your trip to Occ Health put your mind at rest for when you are ready to go back to work, well done for facing your demons. Good for you signing up for the course, that sounds like a real positive thing to do. I had a chat with a lovely Macmillan lady and she's put me down for Complementary Therapy, Writing Therapy and another look good feel good course, but it's a new one run by Boots No7. There's a couple of others but I can't remember them!  Phew, looks like I'll be busy. 

Rollercoaster, you did have a long day at the unit. But I'm glad that the Herceptin went through okay. I hope you managed to sort out the problems with that so called carer and that both mum and dad are feeling much more settled. 

Happy Valentines Day MaisiesHeartHeartHeart

Rosie x

Highlighted

hi everyone sorry been awol been on the big reunion tour with the Eurthymics!! ha ha  no Ive had an awful cold.  Think the cough wasnt rads induced but just picked up a bug.  Was awful feeling so rough and having to drag myself out for rads every day still.  However Im on the mend now so all ok.  Ive done 6 now and skin is red and itchy but not all that sore yet (fingers crossed)

Hope evryone else is coping well in this awful weather and keeping warm!!!!

Rosie hope you are ok?

Wendy hope things looing up with the folks

Chris catch you on FB

Lols Hope you good and that skin is healing nicely xx

Highlighted

Morning Maisie's, hope this awful wet depressing weather is not affecting any of your homes etc ive been watching the news and feel so sorry for people.
Nicola go easy on drinking so much water it can affect your sodium levels etc i know it's hard when your thirsty but as Rosie says that's a lot of fliud, hope they get to the bottom of it.
Rosie my OH would be made up if I walked around topless, but I don't want to give him any ideas so il just waft some air there very now and then. Gp phoned yesterday with results of wound swab and it had grown some weird culture and intravenous antibiotics were advised which means stay in hospital!!! I explained it was getting better and less painful, no temp and felt ok so she thinks something contaminated the swab!!! I'm not going to hospital I've avoided it all through chemo so il just keep an eye on it. The antibiotic cream seems to be working so its worth a try Rosie.
Chezz you made me laugh the other day with your Annie Lennox text!! It will probably fade to a pale pink, I'm sure my bit if hair is looking more grey by the day!
Must be tough for you herceptin girls to have to keep going for treatment sp good luck girls, I've only got tamoxifen and I'm fine with it apart from the flushes. Long day for you roller!!
I was told rads might cause arm, hand swelling but escaped that one but have got nerve damage from it saw physio and have exercises to do, hope they are monitoring it chezz do you have a lymphodema clinic? I had a thickly sort of throat on rads , voice changed a bit but not sore but it's gone now.
Saw occ health yesterday as I requested it as ward environment pretty physical , felt I'd have good support when I go back to work so I'm glad I did it. Have also signed up for a life after bc course which starts in march for 4 Fridays, covers lymphodema, fatigue , work , and scary reoccurrence etc!!
hope everyone has a good day with or without the rain x ju
Highlighted

Hello Maises,

Oh Susie,11 pints is alot of liquid, let's hope the blood tests help in some way. I did read somewhere that too much water isn't good for the body, have you been advised what and how much you could drink? Please let me know how you get on.

Chezza, my god girl, you must be really fed upSmiley Sad . But I do feel your pain AnnieSmiley Happy. As for your hand, apparently you can get swelling as a side effect of the radiation, make sure they watch you carefully. I too have alot of swelling, but at the top of my arm. I've got an appointment to get it looked at, at the lymphedema clinic next Friday, so I'll see what they have to say. Try and keep the humour going as it's probably one of the only things we have left. Take care hunHeart.

Rollercoaster, how did you get on today? I hope the Herceptin didn't give you any concerns. X

Lols, whilst having Herceptin injection I had the oncology registrar look at my skin. She said it's normal for it to happen, but she gave me antibiotic cream too and said to go topless when indoors! She also said that I shouldn't have used the hydrocortisone cream, as it makes things worse! So, I'm glad I took your advice. ThanksSmiley Happy. Hope your own problems with the skin are easing off a bit.

Anyone I've missed I hope you too are keeping yourselves well

Rosie x

Highlighted

Hiya maisies, hope we're all doing ok tonight. I duly arrived at the hospital for treatment at 9am and had to wait until 11am for them to make it up and start treatment even though they had phoned me twice to make sure I was going. I eventually escaped at 5pm, absolutely pooped and starving. All the calls I was going to make will have to wait until tomorrow as it was too late tonight - RAH! What did I say about getting back to a normal life......... Oh well, at least the treatment went ok although it took 3 attempts to get the cannula in. Think I will just cancel today and start fresh tomorrow. Hope "Annie Lennox" recovers soon and goes mahogany and look forward to seeing you tomorrow Susie. Take care all, hugs xxx
Highlighted

Hi maisies

Gosh chezzap can't believe your having it so rough with the rads and only 3 days in, you said you've coloured your hair, I thought you couldn't use any products like hair colour and oils whilst having rads but maybe thats just the ones at the hairdresser, maybe natural ones r ok, they wouldn't even give me a massage or head massage at my local hospice whilst on rads and won't for 6 weeks after either.

Rosie I contacted my breast nurse today about the thirst issue they said it is a rare side effect and because yesterday I drank 11 pints and was still thirsty, they told me to go to doctors and have now been for some blood tests, will let you know what they say, pretty sure it's still side effect of tamox myself. Hope your skins ok too.

Lols how's your skin doing hope it's beginning to improve

All the best to all other Maisie's hope this is a good weekg

Highlighted

Hi Maisies

Nicola well done on finishing the rads

Rosie and Ju hope the skin is healing now and the cream working.

Roller hope your folks are better from the scabies and that carer has had a stern talking to

Ive done 3 rads only and have the most irritating tickly cough and sore throat.  Did anyone else have this?  My armpit feels a bit sore but my hand has swollebn like a balloon depsite wearing compression sleeve.

I made the mistake of dying my hair on Friday ha ha it said mahogony on the packet no way was it mahogony.  For those of you that remember stars in your eyes all I will say is.... Tonight Matthew Im going to be.... Annie Lennox!!!  At least it was veg one form Holland and barrett so its meant to last 3 weeks thank God I didnt go for a permanent one!!

Highlighted

Good Morning Maisie's, hope you have all had an enjoyable weekend. OH took me out for a surprise celebratory meal on Friday re my clear scan, it was lovely but have become a complete lightweight with alcohol, after a couple of glasses felt quite tiddly! Rollercoaster, hope you sort your Carers company out, it is so difficult when your parents get older and need so much care, it puts a lot of pressure and stress on the family, and we could all do without it at the moment! I know what you mean about the hair, my grandson is now 6 months old and I keep looking at his hair and thinking he has got more than me lol! Rosie and Nicola, sorry about your hot flushes and thirst problems, hopefully they will sort themselves out in time, it must be horrible!
Rollercoaster, hope your herceptin goes ok at the hospital today, I will be thinking of you, I now have real issues with needles! I have therapy at 12.00 tomorrow, so may see you there.
Hope all Maisie's have a good week and take care x.
Highlighted

Hi maisies, thanks for all your replies and support re my dad. I have cooled off a little but am still intending to call the company concerned tomorrow and register my thoughts about their carer, she was totally out of order in my book.

Rosie, my herceptin is at 9am as it's the first one, here goes for a long day. I keep telling myself it will all be fine but am a little anxious this side of it, not looking forward to needles again either. We will be thinking of each other all day tomorrow.

We were invited out for dinner tonight with a friend who has a baby girl 8 months old. Her hair is longer but mine is thicker so we will watch with interest! Hope all are coping with their sore bits and they soon feel better, will keep you posted re the carers saga. Take care all, xxx
Highlighted

Hi Rosie

Thanks for your quick response, good to know its normal hope the hot flushes improve soon.

thanks nicola

Highlighted

Hi Nicola,

Well done finishing your rads! Keep slapping on the cream as it can get very red. As you have read both Lols and I are really suffering at the moment. I've been on Tamoxifen for 2 months now and I too have a raging thirst! I believe that it's one of the side effects, I suppose so long as we're not guzzling down the alcohol we should be fine. The side effect that is bothering me, is the intense hot flushes I'm experiencing, I have had my front room windows open constantly, then have to shut them because I'm cold. Grrrr!

Anyway Nicola, get some rest, as the tiredness from all that travelling back and forth might catch up with you. 

All the best

Rosie x

Highlighted

Hi Maisies

Rollercoaster sorry to here about the problems your having with your dads carer, thats terrible definately  shouldnt be making them descisions without talking to you as if you havent got enough to contend with.

Lols sorry to here about your skin problems and the loss of your eyelashes, hopefully they will grow back quickly and the hair too,

Rosie good luck with herceptin tomorrow

Cheza hope your rads are going ok

I havent been on whilst having rads just seem to take all time with the travelling back and forth but finished now and skin seems ok . I have been taking tamoxefen for 2 weeks now and am finding that i am so thirsty, drinking pints of water even more than when having the chemo and still cant quensh my thirst, has anyone else experienced this or no of it, is it normal?

hope everyone is doing ok  luv to all

Highlighted

Morning Maisie's,
Roller that's awful for you, carers shouldn't decide things without consulting the patients family. Hope things turn out ok as it's gone on far too long now. On a more cheerful note your hair growth sounds fab and really good news about your rads areas can't see problems occurring now.
Rosie it's good if you have a cry at counselling so go for it Hun, glad your not using hydrocortisone on broken skin mines improving slowly I'm using fucidin cream on sore broken areas and diprobase on boob!!!
Good news about eyelashes only 3 weeks il watch for that one.
Right on a peeed off and disappointed note sad about Wales losing but dosent help when your OH is Irish and keeps singing Ireland!!!!! He went out to watch the match and came home very merry!!!!!!! Yes Rosie boys are disappointed !! Never mind in the grand scheme of things it's only a game .
Chezz how's the hair now I'm sure you're all in front of me with hair growth I've bought the fast shampoo and conditioner from a well known chemist in the high street so hoping for incredible results .
Meg I've pm'd you but take it easy today and enjoy all those puppies
Off now to kick an Irish man into touch enjoy today girls xx ju
Highlighted

Morning Rollercoaster,

My god what a nightmare you're going through. That so called carer your dad has seems totally incompetent! How dare she make important decisions without consulting you, she needs to be reported. Just when you were getting somewhere with your dad, she takes it upon herself to turn it all upside down and make him totally confused. Life is tough at the moment, so you could do without all this extra stress. My thoughts are with you and hope that you can get it sorted. 

Anyway my lovely, good luck with the Herceptin tomorrow, I'm sure it will be fine. What time is it? I've got mine tomorrow at 2.30 and this time once I've had the injection I can go home. I don't have to wait for the recommended 2hrs after as I haven't shown any signs of problems with it, after the last few sessions. I know you're having yours by IV, so at least you'll be looked after and monitored carefully. 

Keep your chin up Smiley Happy

Hi Chezza,

How are you getting on with your rads? Hope you're not too tired and that your skin is holding upHeart

Hello Lols,

Well it was a reversal of fortunes in the rugby world this week, what with Wales losing and England winning! Hope the boys weren't too disappointed anyway. Sorry to hear you're having problems with your skin too. I think I need antibiotic cream, my skin is completely coming away now and is so sore. I've given up on the hydrocortisone and now putting sudocrem on instead, which takes the sting away at least! As for the hair, mine started off white but now it's silver and so thick with a kink. It's not growing much though. My eyelashes fell out about 3 weeks ago but yesterday I noticed that they have started to grow back! So, hopefully you won't be without them for too long. Take care Smiley Wink

As I mentioned, I have my Herceptin tomorrow along with Rollercoaster and another counselling session with Macmillan. Probably cry my way through it again but I suppose that it's good to get it out of my system! 

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and maybe a week without too much bother. 

Rosie x

Highlighted

Hi all maisies, how are you all doing today?

Chezzap, hope your rads are going ok, keep slapping on the cream! Just one thing to say though, put the cream on but don't rub the area at all, be gentle. Rads are a doddle after chemo and will go by very quickly. Are you having any other treatment or is that it after rads?

Susie, sooo glad your ct results were all clear, what a relief for you. Hope to catch up with you again on Tuesday. Hope you're celebrating being all done this weekend!

Lols, sorry to hear you're having such trouble with your post rads skin, surely it must quieten down soon, how long since you finished now? And eyelashes just disappearing, that's not fair at all.

Genevre, going back to work soon, well done. As re the chemo brain, well I read that it can go on for 10 years, hope thats wrong! Maybe you could use your experience as a learning curve for students? My hair was all white when it started to grow but it has darkened quite a lot and is growing much thicker and a bit longer but its different lengths all over, should be fun as time goes on. Wiggy the ferret is redundant now and the hat only comes out when it's freezing cold outside, more for the sake of my ears, sometimes I think they will snap off in the cold!

Rosie, you sound as if you're having a hard time with post rads soreness but still sounding positive, well done you, sure it will soon improve.

Now just to catch up re the parents etc. - since mum went in the home she has been struggling with scabies (and has now started biting the staff who insist on her having a wash) which dad now has picked up thanks to the well meaning interfering carer taking him to visit while I was away last week. I really enjoyed the week away and was all relaxed but the muck hit the fan when I got home with all the goings on. Carer is also trying to influence dad to stay at home and maybe get mum back with him!!! Think I might swing for her!!! Doctor was no help either, when dad phoned saying he had a rash, they left a script for him without even looking at the rash and he can't get it as he's housebound. Goodly carer picked if up and went to the chemist to be told that stuff isn't available any more, so she bought something else for £10 and smothered him in it which made it worse. Ye gods and little fishes, has the world gone mad? I'm beginning to think I'll be glad to go to hospital myself on Monday to get away from it all! Herceptin starts on Monday, more needles and who knows what else, oh well, always look on the bright side of life!

Apart from all that I'm fine, feeling really good, hair growing nicely. Had a couple of days where the boob got a bit itchy but that's gone now, I'm still putting on some cream but reducing it slowly as no soreness has erupted.

Hope everybody else on and off the forum is doing as well as they can, thinking of all of you, love and hugs xxx

Highlighted

Morning Maisie's, fab news susie you must be so relieved so glad for you x
Rosie I've skin problems to ended up at GPS yesterday as red raw and painful given antibiotic cream but beginning to think I need oral antibiotics!! Damn it sick of it all to be honest.
Eyelashes departed fully yesterday !!! What's that all about then , hope that's chemos last little gift!! How long does it take for them to return?
How many rads you got chezz? Good luck and keep moisturising.
Roller hope all ok with you and parents hope your rads site still ok.
Hi fran your house sounds like mine when the rugbys on, big day here tomorrow , Wales v Ireland , OH Irish and I'm desperate for Wales to win, come on Wales !!!!
The bit of hair I can see looks white !! So that's it no eyelashes, heavier than I used to be and white hair!!!!! Happy days
Off for a long walk whilst sun is shining, need to burn of some calories so I can celebrate Wales win tomorrow with something fizzy, have a good one girls xx ju
Highlighted

Hi Susie,

Fantastic news on your scan results! What a relief, have a really super weekend, hope the drinks are on ice Smiley Wink.

Rosie x

Highlighted

Hi Everyone, I have just had some fantastic news, the ct scan I had for my sore ribs has come back clear! I am going to celebrate this weekend, I am so relieved! Rainbowrosie, I am so sorry you are so sore after your rads, I finished on 24th Jan and the area seems ok at the moment but will keep an eye on it. Chezzap, hope your rads go well and as Rainbowrosie says, keep slapping on the cream! Genevre and Lols, my hair sounds exactly like both yours and what bit I have got is coming back a completely different colour! It will be lovely to meet up with you both on the Maisie's weekend!
Rollercoaster, it was great to see you again at Therapy, we may manage a bit more of a chat if you are there next week, your hair is coming on a treat and you are looking really well, the break away must have done you good!
Anyway hope all Maisie's have a good weekend and hope no one is having problems with rain and floods! All take care xx
Highlighted

Hello everyone, 

Glad to hear that your first rads appointment went well Chezza. All I will say is, make sure you rub the cream religiously. I finished my rads on 17th January and had to go to the doctor today as the skin under my arm and under my mastectomy scar has come away. It is red raw and really painful and brings tears to my eyes. The doctor gave me some hydrocortisone cream to use for 5 days and to go back to her in a week. I can't even wear my bra or even a camisole as it rubs, so with my large boob dangling, I look like quasimodo with a lump in the front instead of the back!

Hope everyone is managing, whatever stage you find yourself at.

Rosie x

Highlighted

hi ladies

had first rads today which was fine apart from having to hold arm in an impossible position for 15 mins it went numb and bhad pins and needles!!

Ju my hair seems to be coming on Ive bought a dye from holland and barrett but not put it on yet was gonna wait for it to get bit longer first!!

Highlighted

Hello Maisies!                                                                                                           

Hope you are all ok and still coping with things whatever stage you're at.  Susie, my rads nurses told me I could swim after 2 weeks so long as the skin isn’t broken and itchy still. Lols, hope you’re not feeling too bad with it all.

I'm going back to work on March 17th, and I'm really scared because I haven't been in school since June, so lots of my classes are new and I can’t seem to remember anything much. How long can we carry on blaming chemo-brain?....

Rosie, glad you’ve had some nice treats recently; Chezz, good old Steve! My son had his mates over for the rugby at the w/e; my kids were all born in Wales and his friends are English so tensions ran high in both matches and lots of beer and shouting were involved! Rosie I’ve seen the film about Iris Murdoch, although it’s really sad they made lots of positive things come out of it too. I also watched a late night film on the box last night called ‘Away from Her’ also about a lady with dementia played by Julie Christie. Mind you I should have been in bed early because today I got up after 11am and felt really fed up with myself. I need to get back to work.

Chezz, thanks for paying in the cheque.  I’m sorry about your Dad; it must be so sad. But the ‘rum hair-do’ comment makes him sound fun, if you know what I mean! It’s a sort of compliment really....I’m in despair with my hair, all the bald patches have gone but it’s not much more than half a cm. and doesn’t seem to be getting longer at all. And my eyebrows and lashes are still very thin. Looking in the mirror each morning is like watching paint dry!

Rollercoaster, I’m really sorry things are so upsetting with your mother.  I hope this really difficult stage passes soon.  You’ve had so much to cope with and certainly don’t need other members of your family interfering and making things worse. You’ve got every right to rant! I’m glad you have somewhere good for your Dad to move into.

Bye for now Maisies, take care

Fran xx

Highlighted

Hi chezz did text to say glad you've cashed cheque. Being nosy now but how much hair have you got? I can sort of see a bit on head when sun shines ( and that dosent happen often)!!!! but I still look like a Buddha!!! X
Highlighted

Blooming Man City typical!!!!!

Dont worry Ju I will prob be in a hat still too just hoping that once spring comes will grow bit quicker!!

Highlighted

Hi Maisie's, I'm all rugbyed out but enjoyed it, Wales and Ireland won so all happy here as we have welsh and Ireland living in this house. Poor England they were nearly there!!!
Chezz I've got a tiny bit of hair growth so getting worried now as il probably still be in a damn hat in may on the meet up!!!!!!!! B........ks!!!!!!
Roller glad you enjoyed your time away just not having bc days is very healing.
Skin breaking down abit under boob peed off about it as thought now its all over I'd got away with it!!!
Have a good one girls , freezing and windy here xx ju
Highlighted

Good job didnt watch it then if they lost.  City play Chelesa tonight and I got a bad feeling about it!!  Massive match for us. 

Im off to get my herceptin jab now so will prob be waiting round Christies all blinking day.

I bought some hair dye other day from Holland and barrett but gonna wait for few more weeks growth before I dare try it.  It washes out after a month anyway so if it looks awful not the end of the world.

Hope everyone well. 

Highlighted

Hello Chezza,

OMG, that's so hilarious, I must tell my daughter! Smiley LOL. Mind you he's her idol and I don't mind him either Smiley Wink. Don't mention the rugby, England lost with a touchdown from the French a few minutes from the end. Mind you in Lol's part of the world they should be pleased as Wales won. Hope you've had a good weekend yourself my lovely. 

Rollercoaster, I'm glad you had a lovely break. Thank goodness you were prepared for the weather. Good for you braving the great outdoors without head coverings, I bet it felt very strange but quite liberating at the same time. 

Well Lols, your boys must be pleased with the rugby result! I meant to say about my hair the other day. It's about 2cms long (not grown much at all in the past few weeks) but very thick. My hair was always naturally like that, so I don't know if it will thin out as it gets longer. Also it seems to feel nice and soft. Hope your boob is okay and not giving you too much grief. 

Here's to a good start to the week Maises

Rosie x

Highlighted

Hi Maisies

Hope everyone had a good weekend.  Not seen rugby so dont know who won?????

Rosie that made me laugh about the transparent muslin cloth.. perhaps its called CoriolANUS for s reason hee hee!!

Roller its neverending with the folks isnt it?  I feel for you I really do.  Even though dad is now in a home its much easier for us as we arent constantly worrying about him falling or blowing the house up etc!!

Lols - ha ha yep Alzheimers or not my dad certainly has a way with words.  ha ha heres me thinking my hair aint that bad and of course dad brings me down to earth with a bump with his child like honesty!!

Chris hope that skin is healing now

Fran/ Ju will pay your cheques in on Tues if that ok??

Take it easy ladies xxxx

Highlighted

Hello everybody, had a lovely week away just chilling out. The weather was hopeless but we took games, books and DVDs etc so we enjoyed ourselves having pyjama days in a cottage way out in the countryside, it was lovely, only problem(?) was phone and broadband signals were almost non existent. Also found the courage to go wigless and hatless! Surprised myself with it really, couldn't say I was exactly happy about it but soooo fed up with aggravation caused by the ferret I could stand it no longer so I'm now considering its appropriate dismissal, any ideas? My hair seems to be getting thicker and darker rather than longer at the moment but the highlight of my day is washing it and then using two mirrors so I can see it all the way round - sad isn't it. Rads already seem a distant memory - no soreness or red bits at all but still creaming, was thinking rather than stop it dead I would cut it down slowly over the next week and see how it goes before I stop it, just in time to start herceptin next week, hope I get an easy ride with that too, I really need to be doing some normal stuff.

Anyway, seems everyones been having scans, rads, tattoos and appointments this week and going to theatres and nursing homes, what a week! Hope all went as well as it could with the scans etc and more have finished rads and come to the end of their treatment, well done to them and keep your chins up for those like me still going through it, we're all here to see it through and we will.

Chezzap, so sorry to read about your visit to your dad, it's all very emotional especially when you've had so much to deal with yourself, it feels like a punch in the stomach. My mum is still very vocal and spiteful when I go there so I don't go often, it's too hard trying to answer all her moans and cope with her strops. I keep in contact with the manager at the home who is well aware of the situation and she keeps me posted so I feel I'm doing the best I can right now and that's all I can do. For whatever reason we can't fathom, while I was away last week my aunt decided to write and tell my mum that dad is selling the bungalow and moving, my dad felt worried about it so he got upset and the carer decided to take him to see mum, he hasn't seen her for 3 months. We're really annoyed that the letter was written and that nobody thought to check with me or my brother before taking dad there, it's just taken a bad situation and made it a whole lot worse and now we have to pick up the pieces again - RAH! Sorry, I'm ranting again! Anyway, providing dad doesn't change his mind he should be moving on 17th Feb, he has got a flat in an extra care home, so a degree of independence with lots of support, its a lovely place and the staff are brilliant, hope it all goes ok.

Well, now I'm back home I'm hoping to catch up with Susie soon, look forward to seeing you whenever it is in February, Keep your tattoo dots in place girls and enjoy whatever level of normality you can. Love and hugs to all, will catch up with you all when my brain is in gear xxx
Highlighted

You go girl! Enjoy the match x

Highlighted

Hi Rosie yeah it smarts when i turn over too. I'm going to be a traitor now ( cos I am English) but have lived in Wales for 25 years and my boys are welsh through and through so come on WALES!!!! Xx
Highlighted

Hello Lols,

Sorry to hear about your book. I don't know if this happens to you, but when I turn over in bed it blooming smarts! Mind you, in a way, at least hubby can't rollover on it and trap my nipple as I haven't got my booby anymore! (now that was painful) Smiley Wink.

We love the rugby in our house and will be settling down to watch it later, come on England!!!

Rosie x

Highlighted

Morning Maisie's, I'm still here but not much to say that's all but I do check if everyone's ok.
Nice to hear people are getting on with their lives, glad you enjoyed Thursday Rosie.
I thought I'd escaped rads with just a hot. Red boob, but it's now starting to sting underneath so I think it might breakdown abit in that area, ( I'm not the smallest in that dept, unfortunately), was warned this might happen and told to keep it dry and plenty of air!!!!!! Does that mean topless then? That's not going to happen!!!
Susie I asked about swimming at last rads session, they said wouldnt recommend chlorine for first 2 weeks and after that depends on your skin and how it's coping, I'm looking forward to swimming again. Did the look good feel better session ages ago its fab so enjoy.
Fran when are you back in work?
Roller how are you?
Chezz I often look after Alzheimer's patients its a cruel disease and so hard for people who love them so I feel for you, but what your dad said made me laugh about your hair it's exactly what my family would say.
Rugby today girls, six nations, when in Wales and all that!! Can't wait.
How long is everybody's hair? Mines about 2 mm and patchy!! Better be a bit longer for meet up in may!!!!
Hope everyone's ok have a good weekend girls xx ju
Highlighted

Morning Maisies,

I had a lovely time on Thursday, Coriolanus was brilliant and Tom Hiddleston was great eye candy! At one point he came out in muslin like tunic which was totally see through that left little to the imagination. It was really nice to spend some quality time with my daughter and we're looking forward to our next trip. 

Chezza, I can't imagine how you must feel when you visit your dad and the sense of loss when he doesn't know you, I know I would find it difficult, so all credit to you my lovely. I don't know whether you have seen this, but a few years ago I watched a film called Iris. It starred Dame Judi Dench, Kate Winslet and Jim Broadbent. It's a true story about a famous writer whose life is is turned upside down in later years by Alziemers. It's a beautiful film and well acted, if you haven't seen it, I thoroughly recommend it.

Rollercoaster, I really hope your break away was just what the doctor ordered and that the weather was kind to you. Did you get a chance to finish your John Grisham book? 

Genevre, glad mine and Chezza's humour made you laugh, I'm glad it made you smile. I know what it's like to travel on the tubes, I did it every day for five years! It's ten times worse now, so well done to you.

Lols, hope you're okay and that post rads your skin is still doing alright. I had my last session on 17th January and my skin is slightly cracking, red and quite sore, really tempted to use my bio oil. 

Susie, sorry your suffering with your skin too. I don't when you can go swimming, but I wouldn't recommend it while your skin is sore, as I would think the chlorine would make it sting.

Girls, have a good weekend, whatever you may or may not have plannedHeartSmiley HappySmiley Happy

Rosie x

Highlighted

Chezzap, sorry to hear about your dad, you must find it very upsetting, Alzheimer's is horrible, both for the person going through it and the family.
Rainbowrosie, hope you enjoyed Coriolanus and had a nice time with your daughter.
Rollercoaster, hope you enjoyed your week away in the Cotswolds, will not be at therapy on Tuesday as I am on the look good, feel better morning at Leicester, I am on the mindfulness course, so may briefly see you, if not, I am there the following week at 12.00.
Genevre, hope you enjoyed catching up with friends in London and I am glad you are not too sore after rads. I am quite sore, but think it is now improving a week after finishing rads. Do you know how soon I can go swimming, I keep hearing different views?
Hope you are well Lols .
All have a good weekend xx
Highlighted

Hiya Maisies

Rosie hope you enjoyed Coriolanus  and seeing your daughter. 

Fran hope you enjoy these last few weeks before you go back to school.  Our Steve is in my good books at moment as he managed to email Man City and get me a signed photo of Sergio Aguero and a get well card from him.

Lols how are you??

Roller how's things with you and the parents?

I went to see my dad in the home this week and took my hat off ( as he has alzheimers I havent told him)  Of course first thing he says is" thats a bleeding rum hair do"  I tell him Ive had cancer etc and got upset.  Later on my sister went ot visit him and he asked her if the woman who went to see him before was his other daughter.  So sad to see him decline like this and remindede me why I hadnt told him in first place cos he wont retain it.

Highlighted

Hello girls - I've just got back from London where I've been catching up with friends before I go back to work. So pleased I coped with all the tubes etc., I was really nervous but now I'm almost feeling I can be normal again after all these horrible months.  I've been really lucky with the rads, I only had a week of it and the soreness only  lasted a few days.

Well done to all of you who have finished rads - the soreness does pass, just keep putting on the cream but don't rub it in too hard. If you're still ploughing on with it, the end is in sight.  Anyone who's still got worries, remember we're here for you.

Thanks, Gilly - Coventry will be amazing!

Rainbow-Rose and Chezz, you make me laugh!

Love to all Maisies,

Fran xxx

Highlighted

Ha, Ha! Smiley LOL Have you ever thought why me? I had alot of ink blobs where they tattooed, but it all washed off and left two tiny dots in its place. When I had my rads, the radiographer struggled to find them! Had my follow up with nurses Tuesday and said that my skin was itchy post rads, it's redder than before and very hot. He told me that I was at the peak and will be uncomfortable for the next ten days! He's not kidding. Also spoke about fluid under my armpit and top of arm, he told me that it could be the onset of lymphoedema. Have been referred to that clinic now, lifes never ending hospitals, but at least it will be looked at. 

Daughter home from uni, so we're going out to see Coriolanus at the cinema. We had tickets for the theatre after Christmas but I wasn't well enough to go, so this'll be my chance to see it, that's if I don't fall asleep Smiley Wink.

Rosie x

Highlighted

ha ha you not gonna believe this though Rosie my bloody tattoos washed off in shower last night!  Did they get them from a bubble gum wrapper ha ha.  I called radiology today and they said that they may have to redo them nexrt week when start rads!!

Highlighted

Hi Chezza,

Glad you found my comment funny Smiley LOL. My husband has great fun telling people that he sleeps with a tattooed lady, very exotic! At least it all went okay.

Rosie x

Highlighted

ha ha I should be used to that then Rosie!!!  Yes you were right they were fine just the one on the chest wall stung a little but nowhere near as bad as I thought!!!

Highlighted

Oops, just realised what I said!  Smiley Embarassed 

Rosie x

Highlighted

Just a quick post to wish you well today Chezza. Susies right, the tattoos don't hurt, just a couple of pricks and it's all over. Mine are only tiny dots. 

Rosie x