cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone starting chemo in August?

Highlighted

Re: anyone starting chemo in August?

Hiya Christy

yes everyone seems quiet.  Think a lot of us are flagging as we reach half way stage and feeling quite jaded.  The weather doesnt help either.

Im leaving in bout ten mins to see breast surgeon first time since mx so dont quite know what it will entail.

Think this weather waits for me to think about taking Laika for a walk.  She will have to wait now til OH gets back its persisiting it down here too!

Love and lightness to everyone

Highlighted

FEC 3, DAY 3,

Afternoon Maisie's, feeling ok just queasy & sleepy, damn steroids & jabs.just trying to taste a cup of tea but it's not good!
We can but try!

How's everybody else coping with se? It seems very quiet on here these days? think maybe people just trying to get out & about & make the most of it wen they can!

It's a very wet day here in Worcestershire so I feel ok being locked in today!

Big hugs to all Xxxxxxx
Highlighted

Has anyone heard from Annie???  She had first tax last week so just wondering how she is

Highlighted

Hi Roller coaster, glad your cold is on the way out before you get ready for your next Che mo. The time seems to be flying past this time, can't believe its chemo again next week. Had reiki today at therapy which was very relaxing, next week I am in again at 10.30 so perhaps we can catch up then. Would prefer an earlier slot, but all seem to be taken at t he moment! I know what you are saying about the taste buds although mine seem to be the opposite, I can only seem to enjoy water, I have never drunk so much!
Hope all other Maisie's are doing well this evening !
Everyone take care!
Highlighted

FEC 3 Day 16

Hi to all maisies. Hope the latest dunkees are doing ok, sounds optimistic so far. Also sounds like those that were struggling are improving now. Sudafed has worked its magic, cold is defo on the wane , feeling much better tonight. Temp went up to 37.4, was watching it and dreading ending up in hotel nhs, but thankfully it's back down to normal which for me is about 36.1. Just hope it hasn't knocked my neuts down too much. I went for therapy, had a lovely massage of back, shoulders, neck, arms, hands and face. Sheer bliss!

We still didn't get time to chat Susie, What time are you in for next weeks therapy? Hopefully we will catch up then . Hope you enjoyed today's therapy, what did you have?

Genevre, hope you have a good few days away chilling out , enjoy it, you deserve it.

Lols, my taste comes back after each cycle, but it takes about a week to start and there are still some things that I used to love that I can't bear the thought of, its weird. I have to make myself drink water, I usually drink loads of it but when it tastes so horrible I struggle to know what to drink.

Chezzap, hope you and your boys are doing better and the lurgy has left you all now. Jose must have a good hand and bedside manner for doing your jabs, glad they're not too traumatic for you.

Hope all other maisies are doing ok tonight, I'm going to watch a program on iplayer and then fall into bed so I'll say goodnight to all amazing Augusts, love and hugs to all xxxxx

Highlighted

Evening Maisie's How are you all? Am sorry to see some of you have been having a rough time of it, hope you are all soon feeling better. Hope the D and V is getting better for you all Chezza I am planning on seeing you some more. Martina Cole books in next few days! can't have you keep reading the same ones again! perhaps if you can PM me your address I will do that for you. Hope you all have a good evening and catch up with you all soon xxx
Highlighted

Hello girls, just back from dunking 4.  Have spent most of the day in hospital because neutros were down to 0.6 when DN took bloods yesterday. (Also had flu jab done and there’s been no problem). Fortunately they were up to 1 today, but they hadn’t ordered the chemicals, so my treatment was delayed by 3 hours.  Home now, and so grateful it’s gone ahead.  Have booked a country cottage for a few days next week and should be past the worst - can't wait!

I hope all of you are soldiering on and coping as best you can. Starting to feel really weird and shaky now so forgive me for not mentioning you all by name.  Thanks for all your support, sometimes it calms me down just reading your posts and knowing that you all understand what it’s like. Good luck to any other dunkies this week, and love and hugs to you all xx

Highlighted

Hi yes the runs finally settling down hurrah hoping for couple of normal days before weekly dunking starts next week.

Jose is giving me the injections every morning and they actually arent too bad at moment no bruises yet.

MY mind wont be settled though til next Fri when I have follow up ultra sound I need to be assured the clot has gone and Im gonna give them hell for not having any follow up monitioring of ports in place when they know clots are a potential risk.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.  Just depressed myself watching this morning and item on BC.

Have a good day everyone.  Good luck to anyone up for dunking

Highlighted

TAC 3. Day 16
Morning Maisie's, hope everyone's managing .hi Sam, was just thinking about you, so good to hear your doing well, nice to know that it doesn't get us all straight away. Sorry about the hair but it does get easier Hun.
When does the taste come back.? I thought it would arrive in between treatments but hasn't for me, hope its not for ever!!!!
Smells are really strong to, it's like being pregnant .
Annie how are you today?
Take care rollercoaster with cold, some tlc required.
Genevre my 2 boys have left home and I miss them every day but once you see them self sufficient ( well with help occasionally)!!!! You end up quite proud of them it makes them grow up and appreciate you more. So Long as they are happy I suppose, at least with interned, Skype etc they are never far away xx
Chezz how are you Hun ? Has d settled , injections going ok?
Meg back in work today, don't work to hard Hun catch up later xx
Right off to enjoy gorgeous weather sorry not mentioning all , memory appalling at mo. have good day all Maisie's xx ju x
Highlighted

Hi maisies, sorry I havent posted much lately but i have been doing really well and been doing normal things. I actually went out fri, sat and sunday night.

The hair was now gone, it as started coming out last Thursday and it just lasted for my weekends activities. By yesterday I looked and felt like a scarecrow so I got oh to clipper it then wet shave it. Felt better once it had gone.

Anyway enough about me. Sorry to hear about the tough times some of you are having, not only with the chemo. AS If chemo isnt enough to deal with.

The lack of taste is horrid , like you ju i was eating everything in sight to try and taste something! This chemo does change how you feel about things and Ju your friend probably needed you to say that to her. We all deserve to be happy. 

Poor you angie struggling with these injections.  Geneve i understand how you feel about your daughter leaving, i was devastated when my son moved out at 19.

Rollercoaster sorry you are still having so many probs with your parents.

Sorry I havent mentioned everyone but I wish you all well. Jealous many of you are over half way and i have only had one so far.

Take care Maisies and remember you are amazing. Xxxx

Highlighted

FEC 3 Day 15

Hi all maisies, glad to hear those that had the dunking today are home and not suffering too much, hope that continues for you. Lots of us are half way through now, the end of the tunnel beckons girls, let's reach for the tape!!!

This is supposed to be my good week but I have a cold, great isn't it. Took some sudafed earlier as I'm fed up with not breathing properly. Not sure whether its a good idea to go for therapy tomorrow and spread my germs, don't want to miss it but don't want to infect everybody else there.

Venice, I do know what you mean about the smell thing, I feel like I smell all the time but OH and daughter assure me I don't but don't forget our sense of smell is heightened during this treatment. Its a horrible feeling though. I have to say what goes down the loo is a bit pongy, sorry to be crude but it's a fact. I get a lot if wind too at both ends, how elegant!

Well maisies, hope all are ok, sorry I can't mention all of you, I'm brain dead tonight, going for an early night as last night was a bad one. I'm thinking of you all and sending everybody good vibes and virtual hugs xxxxx

Highlighted

FEC 3 DAY 1

Hi Maisie's, I'm home, chemo went ok, so much easier with the Hickman line, saves them digging around for 2 he's like last time, was there for 4 hrs today as wen I went to have line fitted thurs they forgot to take all bloods needed so had to have them done before chemo & wait for results, thank lord all ok & it went ahead!

So I'm halfway through now like many of you girls, thank the lord!
Feel very tired & bit queasy but just going to rest!

Hope you are all feeling ok-ish!
Sending big hugs to you all, my amazing Maisie's xxxxx
Highlighted

congrats on reaching halfway post WT

Highlighted

FEC 3 day 4 feeling relatively normal just a bit tired. Haven't lost any taste yet but my lipsare chaped to helldespite copious amounts of Blisteze. Hope everone else is doing ok. I am just dreading the T sessions next. Happy days

Highlighted

thanks for that chezzap  my smell not as bad as d and v hope the family is recovering  x

Highlighted

Hi all

Hope you had a ice time away from it all Meg.  The d and v acvtually gave me a chance to sit down and read some Martina Cole.  I finished Dangerous Lady.  I had read mauras game months ago and didnt realise it was a sequel so of course after reading dangerous lady I had to read Mauras game again!

Venice after having the whole familt struck down with d and v I can honestly say hand on heart that yes there is a funny smell following me round ha ha.  No on a serious note Ive not noticed anything unusual.

Hope everyone else ok and good luck to anyone up this week.  Not sure where we are up to with everyones treatment

Highlighted

HI

Just a thankyou to you all for your continuing support.Day 7 of FEC  feeling ok if i dont do anything at all but totally wiped out if i move about . Does anyone else have a smell it that seems to follow me about and i a heavy feeling inside  roll on day 9-10 that seems to be the turning point . Most of us are half way we just gotta battle down the hatches and keep moving forward love to all Gill x

Highlighted

Hi Maisie's! hope you are all ok, have been away for the last week, so sorry Chezza you are now ill with D and v it's awful, as if you haven't got enough to deal with. Hope you are ok otherwise. HI Lols! thanks for all your support as always! you are such a great person! you give so much to others! thank you. Hope the rest of you Maisie's are ok, I will catch up with you all tomorrow xxx
Highlighted

Hi all

Its Christy whose internet is down not me so she is the one who is up for treatment tonorrow

Things here ok apart fromIve got Sergio's d and v bug well the d part of it anyway so not moved from the house all weekend

OH is no

Oh is now giving me the stomach injections dont like it but what can you do its just another thing this has thrown my way so you just gotta get on with it

Hope everyone has  had a decent enough weekend just think its another week down so we are all a week nearer to the end of treatment

Thanks to Yankee for your words of encouragement

Highlighted

FEC 3 Day 11
Hi Maisie's, nice to hear we are all feeling a bit more positive, it is amazing how much more human you feel half way through treatment! Taste buds still not back to normal, but a lot better, so eating a lot more, which is good! Thankfully received letter at long last for an appointment to see my Onc! Will try and make a list of questions to ask him..
Lois, you are absolutely right, going through all this makes you see things in a different light and you have to make the most if it!
Good luck Yankee for your mammogram, hope it is all fine.
Annie, how is your TAX going, any painful joints yet?
Genevre, hope your treatment goes well on Tuesday!
Roller coaster, it must be a real worry for you with your parent s, although my mum is quite fit a the moment, she has had her fair share of illness , she has been a widow for 31 years, so have spent a lot of time looking after her!
Will be ready for my treatment on Tuesday, not in until 10.30 and not sure what I am booked in for, but I am sure I will enjoy whatever it is! I have to say, I love going there and don't know what I would do if I did not have their support!
Anyway, going to catch up on housework while I am feeling better and then a lovely Sunday roast!
Hope everyone has a good Sunday and here's to a good week for us all! Cheers! (Might even have a glass of wine!)
Take Care.
Highlighted

TAC 3 day 14,
Morning Maisie's, hope everyone's ok.
I'm feeling fine today but still can't taste any food, anyone the same? Please tell me taste returns! I'm currently eating anything and everything in hope il taste something so will be piling the weight on!! Yikes!!
Rollercoaster you said it all regarding breaking this journey down completely agree, still hard though to throw off the dark thoughts sometimes!! This crap is really life changing. Met a friend the other day marries to a consultant and has two children under 5 he's playing around and she was so upset found myself txt in her last night to say do what makes you happy life's to short sod what others think, wouldn't have done that before the big c so it's changed me already I just go for it nowadays.
Thankyou Yankee ( Louise) and best wishes with mammogram it must bring it all back hooe your not waiting forever for results.
Annie you ok after tax? Hope so
I'm having a weekend staying at my mums my house full of oh and his son and giving them some space and I need it to. Really nice just being somewhere else with caring company normally I wouldn't have any time to do this because of work so it's a positive.
Genevre hooe you can have treatment Tuesday and its not delayed , fingers crossed.
Chezz, what next Hun! You've had a rough time with all this , chin up all behind you. Good luck with weekly s . Do you start them on same date . Week on Monday?
Susie I'd chase up seeing onc can't believe that it's useless.
Right love to all I can't remember what else I was going to say , in fact I can't remember much lately chemo brain im sure .
Have a good day all Maisie's , think we are all nearly at the top now and can stroll down the other side in time for Christmas I hope.
Hugs to all xx ju xx
Highlighted

FEC 3 Day 14

Hi maisies, how is everyone today? I'm ok but OH went for his flu jab and now has a cold! Typical isn't it. Dad still in hospital, seem to be having trouble getting his infection under control. He is now on some more new pills which mean he has to have blood tests twice daily to monitor and adjust the levels of antibiotics. It's all making him anaemic as well, he's so fed up now, he just wants to be home but I fear he just won't be able to manage it. I've also just discovered mum is not eating her frozen dinners, seems to be living on sandwiches but still doesn't need any help, if you know what I mean. Cpn was supposed to call me on Friday to let me know when the move is being made but no call came, I called her and she was going to call me back in a second but........... Still waiting. Anyway, enough of all my troubles .

Genevre , sorry to hear you're feeling down. I have found I feel better if I look back instead of ahead sometimes and see how far we have already come on this journey. Think aback to the early days when you were in shock and see how much stronger you are now and all the hurdles you've already jumped, it seems to make the next bits more manageable somehow, not so daunting. I try not to think about the whole picture at once but break it down into bits and do one at a time, it doesn't seem so big then. I totally understand how you feel about your YD leaving home,mine is the same as yours, a tremendous really caring support, I love her to bits. We all know one day they will leave the nest but we're still not ready when it comes are we. That being said she sounds like a lovely caring girl and she will be back at regular intervals I'm sure, think of the reunions! Hope your neuts are ok for Tuesday, pesky things aren't they, they seem to govern our lives right now. Will be thinking of you and sending virtual hugs xxx

Hope chezzap gets her internet sorted, we don't realise how much we rely on it now do we.. Also hope the germs have been banished from your house now, they've moved in here instead! Run for the hills!

Hi to Yankee Louise as well, thanks for your encouragement. You're right it is a long hard road but one day at a time its doable. What amazes me is how quickly you can feel up or down, it's almost like the flick of a switch. Its good to have the perspective of someone a bit further on than we are, helps us look past this grotty part. I'm about half way through chemo myself, have another 3 FEC to go before the rads etc so can think of myself as on the downwards run now so hopefully that feeling will increase now with each one that gets done. Hope your ongoing treatment goes well and you get an all clear mammogram, the painless test!!!!!!!!! Love and hugs tomyou too xxx

Hope all other maisies are doing better now with their ses and all those at the bar this week don't suffer too much, will be thinking of you all. Susie, hope to see you Tuesday, more therapy for jangling nerves mmmmmmm, Love and hugs to all xxxxxx
Highlighted

Dear Maisies -- just dropping in from the February Valentines!  I choose to follow  a thread of Ladies from both before my treatment started (October , 2012, Pumpkins) and after (you).  Just wanted to say, I can remember all too well where  you are at the moment.  I had a very mixed time all through Chemo, never needed to delay treatment or reduce dosage, but felt absolutely terrible every single day from February through the end of May!  However, it does come to an end.!   From my current  prospective, it actually seemed to go by rather quickly.  You will feel better.  You will be able to taste a glass of wine.  Life will be easier.

That said, feeling really "normal" takes a lot, lot longer than I ever expected.  I finished chemo the end of May and Rads the end of July, and I am still a long, long way from feeling like the real me. It is coming though.  I have my first annual mammogram check-up next week, and I tell myself that things will start to feel real again if I pass that!

Good luck to you all, and keep on truckin!

With love and solidarity, Louise

Highlighted

Hi girls, just had txt fom Chezzap - her intenet is down, should be back on Mon. She hopes to go ahead with next treatment on Mon. 

My turn Tues, neutros permitting (only 0.8 last time, borderline but went ahead, trouble is they have steadily fallen since the whole circus began..). I feel a bit down today, probably the thought of it all stretching ahead with ses getting worse each time. Also YD leaving home at in a couple of weeks of course it's the right thing as she's 24 and needs her independence, but she's been such a star supporting me. 

Sorry so many of you are struggling - Pendragon, Annie & Breezey, thinking of you all

Roller glad SS finally acknowledged what was staring them in the face, that your poor mum needs 24 hr care.  Thinking of you and both your parents  It’s a sad time for you all. Venice, sorry you’re going through the same problems

Susie, the onc situation is shocking – the last thing you need. Why not tell the onc’s secretary you will be forced to make an official complaint if you don’t get an appt soon – it might shake them into action!

Thinking of you all, sorry if I’ve missed anyone out

Love and hugs xxx

Highlighted

been told to try thighes but dont fancy it tbh, not been told anything bout arm be quite difficult cos of were my picc is sited too, will persevere with tummy for now but started hitting lumps so got to be a bit careful , clexane was so much easier for me straight in push straight out, smaller amount of bruising, now ive got a band of brusing and red spots all over, i know i have to do it but i wish it was easier xx good luck huni, im sure it does get easier maybe just the other things we're going through affecting the way we feel xx

Highlighted

Thanks Roller and Ang

Ang if your stomach gets really bruised do you use your thighs or good arm???

Highlighted

FEC 3 Day 12

Hi Chezzap, thanks, this week is improving, actually feeling good now. Sounds like you're having a nightmare though, can't believe they didn't explain the risk of clots or monitor the port for them, that's careless on their part. Sometimes it feels like they throw anything and everything at you without really looking after you, a bit like being on a conveyor belt! I'm not surprised you're angry and scared, you have very right to be. As you say you can only focus on your lovely boys to get through this one. So feel free to rant all you like, will be thinking of you and sending big hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Highlighted

sorry bout your news chezzap, i have stopped herceptin atm cos of my heart prob, due to have cardiogramme on weds morning, then see onco on following wedsnesday. i know they check around my picc line  during these exams too, i am on innohep daily injections these are a pain as i have to measure my dosage out each time. the stomach bruising is a pain but i think its alix on fb says using arnica helps to calm the bruising , ive been on warfarin nearly a year and will cotinue on innohep til i finish my tratment then itll be reviwed hopefully back to warfarin. stick with it huni we all go through times of questioning it all, i have especially over the last few days, i think everyone gets to that point at some time, look for something in the future to focus on and take each day as it comes along, hard i know but you will get there.

rant and rave on here huni we all do it and we are all here for every single amazing august xxxx

Highlighted

Hi ladies sorry Ive been AWOL for couple days.  I will explain in a minute after caught up with everyone.

Annie well done for getting through first tax as you say its days 4/5 to watch out for so hoping it will be kind to you

Venice welcome back good luck with the parents

Roller hope you are doing well and enjoying this week think we are both up next on 21st arent we

Christythanks for the text how is the hickman line settling down??

Well then I went for an ecg on Wed as due to start herceptin and they discovered that around the line of my portacath there are lots of blood clots!  I had to go to Chrsities to get an injection and now have to have daily stomach injections to thin blood for at least three months.  they cannot take port out as its too risky as could dislodge the clot and could travel to lungs etc and then it would be goodnight Vienna.  Im so angry that there was no monitoring of the port if they know clots are a potential complication.  If I hadnt gone for the ecg this would nt have been discovered til it was too late.  What is that all about!!!

Am upset at the thought of my stomach becoming a mass of bruises and am now paranoid about this blood clot.  The plan is to continue to give chemo through the port and then take it out after chemo finishes in the hope that will be able to have herceptin via cannula ( yuck) or sub cut injection ( yuck also) but have to play it by ear.  Why are things never simple and straightforward the whole idea of port was to make life easier not to give me yet another potentailly fatal condition!

AAARRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!  Sorry for rant ladies am just completely and utterly sick to the back teeth of it all I think if I didnt have the kids I would have given up by now

Highlighted

FEC 3 DAY 11

Hi to all, glad things went well even if long Annie, hope you continue to feel ok too.

Susie, I can't believe how they are messing you about with onc appointments, its outrageous. We have enough to worry about as it is without having to nag them as well. Hope your strategy works , sounds good to me. Like you say I hope there is good news by Tuesday.

Pendragon, I never heard anything as barmy as charging for dosette boxes, thats ridiculous. They at least give a chance of safety with meds and peace of mind for relatives. Whatever will they think of charging for next, fresh air!
Thankfully my daughter works in the pharmacy so she gets it sorted for my mum at the moment. However, big news today is that I had a call from mums cpn to say they have realised that my mum is a "very complex lady" whatever that means, but basically she is unable to make sound decisions or assess risk and so needs permanent residential nursing care and they hope to place her early next week. It will be such a relief to know she is somewhere safe and being cared for properly. She will hate it but it has to be done, just glad I don't have to take her there, she will be difficult.

Christymay, hope the hickman line is done ok and your not feeling too bad now, thinking of you xx

Well girls, OH has just brought my dinner and since food is tasting ok I am determined to enjoy it, have a good evening all, love and hugs to all xxxxx
Highlighted

tax 7 day 1

just back fromchemo unit, my neuts to were very high, in fact higher than theyve been since chemo started, cant understand what ive done different, hope they stay up for another few cycles as well as all my others!!

hope everyones not too bad with sesi

im a mobile carer and lots of our elderly people have major probs with meds, and now we've been told that in our area they are bringing in a charge to do these boxes, ridiculous i think,!! alot of our calls are just to help with meds tbh it is complicated i know , when im in chemo fog i have enough probs sorting mine out, hope they get things sorted.

xxxx

Highlighted

Afternoon ladies, glad all went ok for you Annie with no se's so far, like Dee said we have both been delayed to next week now but still thinking  about our other one degree. I hope all our other maisies are coping ok and managing to plod through this fog. Take care and sending hugs to all x x x 

Highlighted

TAX1 Day 1

Hi all,

Back from the Unit with no problems except that the first saline flush took longer than I 'd expected and altogether the treatment took 3 hours because they did it quite slowly.  No reaction though, so pleased about that although apparently that's more common on the second TAX.

I was amazed to hear my neuts were 6.7 - don't know how I managed that but  I won't be so worried for next time.

Glad my daughter came with me, it's a long time to spend on your own in there!

Day five start of possible SEs and low immunity, so will try to make the most of the next three days...Smiley Wink

Hope everyone else is doing as well as can be expected, or better!  So sorry a few of you are having parent and/or communication problems - it all does seem to be  a bit of a lottery, treatment and care-wise...

Annie x

Highlighted

Roller coaster, hi, just phoned again to get an appointment and again they said they will get back in touch with me! Onc said he would see me after my second treatment but didn't, then he said he would see me after my third, he still hasn't! If I don't hear today, I will start ringing everyday until they give in! Hopefully by the time I see you next week something will be arranged! Hope you are starting to feel better today! Take care.
Highlighted

FEC 3 Day 11

Hi all you lovely maisies, how are you all doing today? Are the ses subsiding? I hope so, we all need it.

Venice25, glad you've made it back to the forum, sorry to hear you're having elderly parent problems as well. Its a bit of a nightmare managing them when you feel so rough yourself. I'm in the same place and its certainly a challenge! Just to make things even harder its difficult to get someone in authority to listen to your concerns sometimes. Not sure which particular problems you have with your parents but I thought teenagers were hard enough till my parents needed help and didn't want it, I think if I hadn't lost my hair to chemo I might have lost it thru tearing it out in frustration! If you need to vent feel free, we all do sometimes. Re the neuts, did you mean when as in time that you might get delayed or at what level of neuts? I think level wise it depends on your onc largely, but I was told at one point that 1.7 was the magic number, don't know if thats the same everywhere though. Do you know what your neuts levels are? Also I was waiting fora call after my last blood test to let me know if things were going ahead or not, in the end I called the unit and they said they only call if there's a problem so no news is good news. Hope all this helps, will be thinking about you and sending virtual hugs hoping the stress levels reduce quickly xxx

Annie, not sure what time you're at the bar today but hope it goes ok as it can and you can manage to post later on xx

Susie, any joy with your onc appointment yet?

Breezey, your onc must be more easy going than mine, mine were 3.6 and he still insisted I had to do the jabs. He did say he might weaken my chemo dose next time, we'll see.

Genevre, thanks for all your help and kind thoughts and pm's from you and your daughter. Feeling much better now about things going on. Have had major issues with mum going to the surgery this week asking for prescriptions. They have issued her 3 full sets of scripts within a week and she has all her pills in a dosette box! We have had words with the practice manager and sorted out that issue we hope. Today had a call from surgery, mum turned up asking for more meds, they told her no so then she wanted an appointment to see the doctor, they didn't know how to deal with her so called me for advice. I suggested they say we will phone you when we have an appointment, job done! Still can't believe they're not able to deal with it though, surely they meet people like this all the time? Made me smile though I must admit. Love and hugs to you, hope you're ok xxx

Wt66, how are you doing today? Hope you are managing to get through your bad times and build in some good times too. Keep thinking about you and sending hugs, xxx

Well girlies, I know I haven't mentioned you all by name but I am thinking of you all and hope you're all ok as you can be, hope to catch up with more posts later, take care all, love and hugs to all xxx

Highlighted

Gill, they did not cancel mine until the day before my chemo which was horrible as you build yourself ready and although you don't want the chemo you prepare yourself for it! Hope you continue to do well through your FEC 3!
Highlighted

Hi ladies

I am here thankyou all for remembering me and thinking about me . I am doing ok FEC 3 day 4 feeling tired and no energy but so far so good no other SE at present. Unfortunately having major problems with elderly parents like afew other ladies on here so not been on the forum very much. I do try to catch up and you ladies are never far from my thoughts as you have given me much need support .Quick question at what stage will they cancell chemo due to low neuts love Gill

Highlighted

Annie, hope all goes well today, keep us posted how your feeling, I have heard so many things about TAX and there are a few of us heading your way in the next few weeks!
Weather is changing today, perhaps we can all hibernate until Christmas!
Hope everyone is beginning to pick up and feeling a bit better for the weekend. Take Care x.
Highlighted

Thanks, Breezey - it does feel a bit lonely....were we The Three Degrees?

Good luck to all Maisies, whatever stage you're at!

Highlighted

Annie I will be thinking of you tomorrow as you start your new journey onto tax and especially as you , Deb and myself started this journey all on the same day and now it's just you up tomorrow out the three of us , it's never straight forward is it , anyway lots of love and minimal Ses xxx
Highlighted

Blast!  Just lost a long (for me!) post!

FECx3 day 21

Looks as though it's only me up for first TAX tomorrow then, enjoy your extra week, Breezey  Smiley Happy   So many of us have had a bad time recently and I do hope those still suffering feel better soon.  It's amazing how you can feel absolutely rubbish one day and fine(ish!) the next...

I've got quite used to FEC - off into the unknown tomorrow - will keep you posted if I'm able!

Annie x

Highlighted

Fec 3 day 21 hi Maisies I'm home 🙂 ' amazingly my neuts have gone from 0.1 on Saturday to 2.7 today I'm so happy they haven't been higher since 1.4 since I started chemo 🙂 . Chemo postponed until next Thursday now but to be honest glad of the delay now and am going to rest up and really look after myself now . Hope everyone is ok and Ses are minimal for all , lots of love to you all xxxx
Highlighted

FEC 3, day 15

Hello Girls, hope you are all as well as can be hoped, next time some of us will have passed the half way mark, which I’m told is a real psychological boost. You’re right Annie, we will get there, but I’m really sorry you’re having such a bad time.

Susie, I’m holding out great hopes for enjoying my Christmas wine, I have a glass whenever I feel like it now, it calms me down when I’m feeling anxious (probably not what I should be doing) but everything tastes weird atm

Lols, hope you can enjoy a few good days in between the steam-rollered ones.  It’s hard to connect to the real world when we’re all in the strange cancer-land place – mind you, it’s very real to us!

Chezzap, you seem to have all the bad luck, hope you can shake off your infection soon. The sore mouth and ulcers seem to be affecting us all, though as I’m in week 3 it’s more or less ok now

Wt66, I know how you feel – you’re bound to miss your mum, especially as you’re feeling so fragile yourself.  Mine died last year and I miss her so much – although in a way I’m glad I didn’t have to tell her I had BC

Roller, I haven’t heard from my BC nurse since I started chemo, nor have I had the same chemo nurse twice.  Luckily they are all very kind, and the RD&E in Exeter is really good and efficient – I think I’ve been treated better than many Maisies. Hope you are feeling a bit less weepy now – but I don’t blame you with all you’re going through with parents and treatment.

Love and hugsxx

Highlighted

Morning maisies,  I hope everyone is starting to come out the other end of their se's and for those still suffering that they are minimal.  Wt66 I am so sorry to hear about your mum, what a horrible time it must be for you I can't imagine.  Feel free to have a moan, scream, shout and cry on here anytime we are here for you hun. I think we have all been hit this 3rd time with one thing and another and all been quite low in ourselves, lets hope this passes quickly and we can see the finishing line approaching.  Ju so sorry you are still feeling rubbish hun I hope it passes soon for you, I 'm just coming out of the fog and feeling alot better today, lets hope I get a few good days before 4th dunk and change to docetaxel next fri. Have a good day ladies sending virtual hugs to those who need them x x 

Highlighted

TAC 3 day 10
Morning Maisie's,
Annie good luck Thursday I have the t part everytime biggest problem is my mouth lack of taste, thrush some bone ache but I think that's the injection too for white cell count. This time has been the worst regarding se's but its day 10 today and I'm feeling more human, the one thing I have found that a daily walk helps with bone pain loads even if you don't feel,like it. Anyway good luck Hun x
Rollercoaster I havnt seen or spoken to bc n since starting chemo and have no other point of contact in my area they appear to work with the surgeon and once onc takes over you don't see them for dust!!!
Susie I'm up for the wine soon but just can't taste a thing, when does it come back?? Anyone know??
Chezz hope cold getting better Hun so you get bit of you time before hitting the bar again.
Christymay, don't worry about Hickman line quite stairght forward procedure , I havnt got one but been present many a time. Once you've got it it will be a big relief. Please sent dee my love hooe see home soon.
Off to walk impatient collie, hope everyone has a good day and everyone withs se's improving, happy day Maisie's xx ju x
Highlighted

Morning Maisie's, hope we are all ok, heard from Dee yesterday, her bloods are a bit higher so maybe she will be coming home today, fingers crossed!

went to our local hospice yest aft & was volunteered to do the make up modelling by look good feel better & if you get the chance to go to one of the shows def do it cuz you come away with a whole bag of freebies, make up & perfume!

Anyway it's my Hickman line fitting day tomorrow, so dreading it, but hopefully make chemo easier so gotta be worth it, damn veins!

Going to get up & take mr bones for a walk as I def won't be up to it nxt wk not with the dreaded steroids & ghastly injections!!

anyway enough moaning, hope you all have a good day, big hugs to all xxxx
Highlighted

FEC 3 Day 10

Morning to all maisies, how is everyone doing today? Hope all ses are waning now, we all need some good days before we get hit again.
Just wondering after chatting last night, did anyone else get the impression at the beginning that the bcn key workers we're supposed to follow us through this journey, supporting and coordinating or was that a misunderstanding on my part? I never see the same nurse twice either and they all contradict each other and the onc as well, its very confusing. Moan over now!

Have a good wednesday everyone. Not sure if any have appts or treatments today but if so hope t hey go as well as they can, Love and hugs to all xxxxx
Highlighted

I start TAX on Thursday, Chezza, tomorrow's bloods allowing!  Just hope my veins hold out, my Onc says it's fine to use my other (nodeless) arm for IVs, against all the advice from the surgical team..Smiley Frustrated

Dreading it in a way, but glad to get on with the second half.   My sympathies with those who've had unhelpful nurses - I've had conflicting information from all three of mine (I never see the same one twice...). 

Still, onwards and upwards, Maisies!  We'll get there in the end Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Wt66, you have every right to feel a bit weepy with all your your going through, I am really sorry to hear about your mum, you must really miss her and it must be really tough for you at the moment! I have just had my third FEC last week and the SES have been worse this time, will also be on #T next time, so let's see how it goes! Also wish I still had a taste for a glass of wine! Hopefully we can enjoy a glass or two by Christmas!
Roller coaster, glad you enjoyed this morning, it made me feel better, it helps talking to people going through the same. I did not stay very long today, so don't worry, we can have a chat next week when we are both feeling a bit better!
Highlighted

Annie do you start tax tomorrow?