Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone starting chemo in August?

Highlighted

Re: anyone starting chemo in August?

Good luck to everyone at bar today and hope wvwryones Ses are minimal x
Highlighted

Morning. Maisie's, hope all is well with you all. Good luck today to Susie! Gilly and anyone else up to the bar, hope your SEs are minimal. Lols hope you are feeling a little more human now and also Sam hope you are ok too. Have a good day one and all xx
Highlighted

Hi everyone, hope all is well with everyone and not too many problems . Chemo for me today, third one on FEC-T, halfway there, great! Hope your injection 's roller coaster are not too bad and you are coping with them! My hair is really coming out now, have resorted to my wig now! Still, I did well to hold onto it so long! Good luCk to anyone else on chemo today, speak soon.
Highlighted

Thanks lol yes I had Passed message on thankyou , I've had fuzzy White stuff on my head what is it ? I'm only half way through my Fec too? Like gill I just shave it off , I've lost all my body hair apart from arm hair ??? Still got lashes n brows although are sparve, I'm Fec 3 day 14 xxxx
Highlighted

This not tasting anything is rubbish and I think I have eaten more just to see if I can taste anything!!! Felt like I had hit a wall today, didnt get up until 11.45 then was asleep on the sofa by 2. When I started waking my legs felt like they didn't belong to me, awful feeling. 

xxx

Highlighted

thanks lois that paradoxl af is what i have took 5 days last time this time according to my oncologist its been like this for 3 weeks, i do sometimes feel palpitations but nothing like last year. i was on clexane but they have now put me on tinzaparin (innohep) which is a pain as i have to measure it myself and its two injections each morning also take verapamil twice a day, hopeit bumps back in soon just adds to my tiredness tbh, they did talk to me bout cardioinversion but i really didnt fancy that. suppose as always have to wait and see.

hopefully chemo no 6 tomorrow depending as always on bloods, liver, mash and two veg for tea, lol, good luck to all xx

Highlighted

Hi rollercoaster, feeling pretty similar to you if it makes you feel any better Hun, your not alone. Ate a lemon today yeah whole one in slices was desperate to taste something, couldn't taste a thing!!!! Finding it hard to drink to just lack of taste I think.
Angie at least they know you bumped back into af so can keep an eye, some people get paroxysmal af ( in and out) they thinking of digoxin? I don't know what's contrindicated with chemo I know you do clexane.
Chezz how you after injection? I'm having hot flushes dunno if chemo or injection.
Hope everyone ok this evening, brains not functioning to well but luv to all xx ju x
Gilly hope colds improving and you go for chemo on time xx
Highlighted

FEC 3 Day 3

It's so quiet on here I'm guessing most are struggling with ses and other things, hang in there everybody, we will get through this rubbish and come out the other end. I was so tired with the jabs in and sleep out that I crashed out for a couple of hours after lunch! Not me at all. But sleep is sleep and I enjoyed it. I know I need to drink but I'm struggling with it, it all tastes horrible again. Brain is dead so this is just a general post to all, sorry, will do better later! Thinking of everybody though and sending love and hugs xxx
Highlighted

Lois, as far as i know ive only ever had one AF attack and that was when i got taken into to resus last dec have had loads of echos and wore a 24 hour heart monitor which showed nothing, was actually discharged from one AF dept in may, not sure what they'll do now though, id put racing heart down to my chemo, no wonder i have to have my chemo laying on a bed.

feel bit fluey but ive never had a week 2 before so not sure what im sposed to feel like just hope with all the stress my bloods are ok for tomrrow.

good luck to all 

angie x

Highlighted

Hi girls

Sorry you are having such a rough time Ju. I too have haris on my legs and have to shave still. I have like a bum fluff on my head that I wet shave twice a week to keep it smooth.

I have come out with a stinking cold, I am streaming. Been for bloods this morning at GP's but I will ring the unit this afternoon as I really dont fancy chemo on top of feeling like this. Really fed up though as wanted to get on with it.

Hope everyone else has the best day that they can, big hugs all round

xxxx

Highlighted

Morning Maisie's, TAC 3 day 3.
Aww dee , lethargy I'm with you there, hope you pick up soon. Meant to say yesterday but felt to crap Christymay sends her love and thanks, perhaps I posted that just can't remember.
Angie good news about scan, hopefully you will bump back into sinus!!! Fingers crossed, you symptomatic with af?
Bad night girls, again!! Steroids and injection I think, really shivery no temp, clammy, high of steroids, added it up 5 hours sleep since Sunday!! Good job I'm used to nights, thank goodness onc said no work couldn't go to work if I tried at mo!!
Blisters things In mouth today but not ulcers yet. And this is the worst, prickly hairs on legs, very small but why???? Wa nt it on my head not legs!! None underarms not complaining. Small amount ( to bloody white though ) at left side head shows as fuzz! What's that all about?
Also had 2 periods on time I was told not likely asked chemo nurse but got a blank look, I'm 8/8 oestrogen so wouldn't mind a shut down!!!
Omg what a moan and I havnt finished yet, I'm hungry but can't taste a thing!!!! No damn weight loss though, especially when they mess your steroids up and give you more than you should have.
Going to try and walk my dog on the beach today as restrictions ended , windy here but at least wont blow hair in my eyes.
Txtd deb12 yesterday she's hanging in there had infection so chemo delayed for while.
Meg don't work to hard and take some painkillers Hun!!!!
Chezz u ok?
Mouth improving Annie?
Tyler rose nice to hear from you.
Gilly good luck tomorrow with chemo.
Sorry I doubt I've spoke to you all but hope you all have a good day, luv ju xx
Highlighted

Fec 3 day 14 , morning Maisies hope you are all ok , I've got a sniffle and very lethargic but seem to get like this in second week , low bloods and all that but I'm ok just try and rest up at some point in day , not sure if anyone is up today but good luck to anyone with appointments much love xxx
Highlighted

I had my tax reduced by 10% and haven't had any problems since regards to cell count dropping will be having 4 th tax this Thursday xxxx
Highlighted

Rollercoaster already had 2 herceptin and if they let me have more been told its an all day thing again,  like starting over, taxol has been rediced a little too, hope my bloods are ok now and i get the go ahead for thursday.

thank you and all the others for lovely comments too, 

Highlighted

FEC 3 Day 2

Hi Genevre, sent a pm to you then came back and found your post, great minds think alike. Glad you're ok as can be xxx
Highlighted

FEC 3, day 8

Hi Maisies,

Roller, glad you had a lovely break, hope things bearable after dunking, and something finally being resolved re parents

Lols, thinking of you on sleep rations, and coping the next day, first night always ghastly

Chezz, glad you managed to enjoy the birthday – bet you looked gorgeous and everyone made a fuss of you. Thought of Steve and Pasc having to go to work on Monday! – and of you back at the bar yesterday.  How are you feeling? Sorry about having to cope with vile injection.

Christy, hope you’ve had a lovely break. Sorry about the delay in treatment. You’re now up the day before me

Breezey, lovely to have a baby shower to think about, so glad it takes your mind off things.  I think I’ll ask about sleeping tabs next time

Pendragon glad brain scan good, and that the heart should get back to normal. It's been a worrying time for you

Feeling good apart from throat/ mouth stuff, so off for walk with OH and dog to dog-friendly pub.  Really fancy a G&T!

Hugs to all xx

Highlighted

Pendragon, so glad you got good news on the brain scan, not so good on the heart, let's hope it settles down again. How many herceptin have you had already? I can really understand why your brain was running rampant with awful options, mine does that too. I'm sure it happens with most of us really, there are so many tests, scans etc that are commonplace for the oncs etc but they seem as if they forget that this is all scary for us going through it all. But hey today is over now, tomorrow is another day to be enjoyed, do something special if you can. Have you access to free complimentary therapy, it does help you relax and is usually tied in with a drop in so you can chat to others in the same boat too. Thinking if you and sending big hugs xxx

Highlighted

hi everyone thanks for the good and lovely comments, im back with good news and a little bit of bad. firsly brain scan was fine but unfortunately when i had my heart scan i was actually having an AF attack at the time and so its shows some damage, hopefully they think it will be ok as soon as my heart goes back into usual (sinus ) beat but have taken me off my herceptin for now. 

sorry i havent posted but i was imagining allsorts and couldnt talk to anyone, had counselling this morning and shes ringing soon to see how i am too

love to all xx

Highlighted

thats good she has replied send her our love

Tyler is on Fb

Not heard from Alix for few days so hoping she is ok

Ang not posted either think she prob wanted to get her head straight before her results today

Highlighted

Just heard of Annie, poor thing bad mouth but at least not in hospital. How's deb 12 anyone know have txtd but no reply yet?
What about penny crow and Tyler rose? All just fb?
Angie let us know Hun thinkin of you.
Doing my injection after chezz hate the se's too. Xx ju
Highlighted

Morning amazing maisies

Hope everyone well

Thinking about Ang today as she gets her brain scan results.  Have kept you in my thoughts and prayers please check in later if you up to it to let us know how you got on

Really worried about Lucy 58 she not been on for weeks I sent her a pm and she didnt respond.  Lucy if you are out there please let us know how you getting on.

yes Lols was thinking same about Annie too hopefully she will come back soon and let us know she is ok

Is anyone up today??

Hope everyone has as good a day as this crap allows us

Im just waituing for the DBN to give me the dreaded wbc injection.  I too hate it it gives me blinding headaches and boneache for about three days after.

Highlighted

Morning Maisie's, dee Christymay sends her love and says thanks and thanks to all Maisie's thinking of her, she's doing ok just having a bit of peace whilst she waits for Hickman and next chemo
Me, TAC 3 day 2, another crap night, going for shower now, had a chilled morning being lazy in bed. Hope everyone's hanging in there, il check in layer, take care everyone xx ju x
Highlighted

Hi everyone , chezz and Lols thanks for texting christy , just didn't want her to think I was ignoring her or worrying , I know she's due back Wednesday and hopefully my phone will be sorted by then , hope everyone is ok and those that have been the bar are all resting up , I always feel exhausted this week low bloods I suppose , Lols my gp is exactly the same re sleeping tablets but thankfully onc is fully supportive and luckily has the attitude that she will give me whatever it takes to make this journey as comftable as possible and I cannot sleep without sleeping tablets at the moment ,all busy this evening printing off games for the baby shower it's lovely having something to focus on , hope you all sleep well Maisies much love Dee xxx
Highlighted

Glad you are back ok Ju, we had a lovely lunch and a real giggle. The ear disturbances are the anti sickness from what I can work out, mine are still buzzy most days, some worse than others.

Hope your SE's are minimal hunni, I have changed my day to Thursday so a couple more days for me xxx

Highlighted

Yeah back 5 ish what a long day, last time if I can help it il have bloods same day as chemo, my fault this time as was away, bloods taken 8.20 chemo 2 pm to far from home so went for walk and just had to wait!!!
Plus drug error with steroids and they gave me more grrrrrrr! Iv as well, but saw onc and got some sleeping meds , hallelujah!!! I so need them , climbing walls , and eyes hurt so tired!! Gp won't prescribe in case I get addicted!! U couldn't make it up.
How u chezz ? Rollercoaster don't know what to say bout injections Hun, I had high white cell count today which means I've some germ lurking but they said without the injection might be really ill, hard decision as it makes you feel ill, I dread the few days after it.
Il text Christymay I havnt been concentrating on posts very well so hope she's ok.
Meg, gilly, Karen hope you had a lovely lunch was thinking of you all and was quite jealous as I was hooked up and bored xx.
Where's Annie, sent pm other day no reply, Annie are you out there???? U ok??
Hope everyone's se's improving. Had txt of Sam today sounds not to bad, long may it continue Sam.
Pendragon , angie u ok?
Breezy u ok?
Genevre hope your improving. Gilly you at bar tomorrow? If so good luck Hun, my buzzy ears are back really bad bet it's the damn steroids and I've had more than I should!!!! B.......r !!
Right chemo brain kicking in sorry for all names I havnt mentioned can't scroll back or if I can dunno how to.
Peaceful night to all Maisie's, xx ju xx
Highlighted

Ju are you back yet??

Highlighted

FEC 3 Day 1

Hi all, just letting you all know I'm back home, eventually! The chemo unit was struggling with reduced staff due to leave and sickness so everything was slower than normal plus they were having ongoing discussions with my onc re the dreaded injections. I can't face them and he insists he wants me to have them - stalemate. Really don't know what to do about them now - any suggestions? Thanks for all your kind thoughts re my dad, he's still in hospital and they have been fully informed of his home situation in minute detail and seem to have grasped the fact that he needs respite at least, and they have to sort him out. Mum is having a cpn visit for assessment tomorrow, if she lets her in! We'll see what comes from that but at least something seems to be happening at last. Will get to more posting tomorrow sometime, hope all the other Dixie's dunked today are back ok. Love and hugs to all xxxx
Highlighted

Have just sent Christy a text on your behalf Dee

Highlighted

Hi chez hope u had a gd birthday and as I said on f well done on being half way now hope u have miial Ses Hun, christy is not up until 14th October now as she was postponed for few weeks bless her , does anyone have christys number ? She isn't back until Wednesday and usually textes me most days however my phone has broken so can't access my messages or phone numbers so if anyone can let her know for me that would be great thank you 🙂 x
Highlighted

Hi maisies

Sorry not been on for few days just wanted to enjoy birhday and ry not to think about BC too much.

Thanks for all birthday wishes.  I actually had an ok time.  Wore wig to restaurant then as we were the last ones in whipped it off as was getting on my nerves too ho and itchy even though it looks good on.

Roller - happy anniversay and hope your dad ok.  meeting of best interest is way forward.  Does your dad still have mental capacity to make decisions etc as hat was what we had to do with my dad who is now in a home a few weeks ago.  Good luck today also at the bar.

Is Christy up for chemo today also??  If so good luck and glad you enjoyed time away

Lols good luck chuck and glad you had op time at cottage

Genevre hoping you emerging from the tunnel now and turning a corner.

Sam hanks for text chuck my nex is 21st Oct also!

Ang thinking about you and your results tomorrow

Welcome to Susie

meg enjoy your lunch oday wih Gilly, is karen going too?  Sure you will have lovely time

Good luck Dee with baby shower

Hope everyone else well

Highlighted

Morning Maisies , Good luck to everyone at the bar today i cant believe how quick these dates come around .

i hope you three lovely ladies enjoy your lunch together , have a fab time 🙂

Not alot planned for today , may walk over to my friends for coffee and a spot of housework .

it is my daughters baby shower this weekend so still have lots to sort and organise for that , so should be kept busy this week.

enjoy your day everyone and i hope you are all feeling ok love Dee xxxx

Highlighted

Good luck today Ju, hope all goes well.

Meg, really looking forward to seeing you later.

Hope everyone else has a great day, roller, go and kick some arse at the hospital

xxx

Highlighted

Morning Maisie's all the best to Lols, chezza and all of the Dixie chicks up today! hope your SEs are minimal. At least after this half way through which is a big plus point. Sorry Rollercoaster re your dad and glad you are getting SS involved for a meeting sounds like the best idea for them. Hope all of you have a good day. I am meeting up with Gilly and Spikeyred today, which am really looking forward too. Xx
Highlighted

Morning Maisie's, I did the night shift only half hour sleep, probably due to the 16 mg steroids had to take yesterday. Rollercoaster hope all ok with your dad if you don't feel it's a safe discharge insist they put all help in Hun, wards priority is safety!! Good luck is so hard with parents to worry about as well as all this, thinking of you.
Just a quick post as have to be in chemo unit 8.30 am, good luck to all Dixie chicks post your back girls, chezz I know your up at 9 hooe all goes well.
Hooe all se's manageable for all today.
Meg, gill, spiky red enjoy your ladies who lunch, don't eat to much , haha, joking sod it have anything you fancy.
Right off for shower might wake snoring Norman one more time as he's doing my head in !!!!!
Good day Maisie's, one and all xx ju x
Highlighted

FEC 2 Day21

Hi all, had a lovely couple of days away with friends, really relaxing despite all else going on. Too tired to read all the posts now, hope all the dixie chicks do ok tomorrow and all others with ses are surviving ok. Dad is still in hospital, has an us identified rash spreading all over him, a uti and may have had a slight stroke but they want to send him home tomorrow. You have to give them one for trying! Bro is having none of it, is going to call ss and cpn at 9 am and demand a best interests meeting to address their needs. Just have to get something sorted out for them somehow, none of this is workable any more. Will post asap tomorrow, hope the others do too. Love and hugs to all xxxx
Highlighted

FEC 3, day 6

Good evening girls,

Thanks for all your support.  I’ve got less to put up than many of you.

Roller, thinking of you and your family. Good luck tomorrow.

Thanks, Coco, what stage are you at and how are you feeing?

Good luck on Monday Lols, Chezza and anyone else I’ve missed, and to all who are braving the bar this week.

Susie, I know what you mean, this is the last sort of club any of us thought we’d ever be in – but it’s such a lovely one! Good luck on Thursday

Glad you’ve had a nice day Spikeyred.  How old are the kids?

Breezey, hope you feel rested now.   Glad to hear good news of Christy.

Pendragon, hope you’re ok

Hugs to all xx

Highlighted

Just spoke go christy she has rubbish Internet signal so can't get online but is ok and enjoying the sea air , she's chosen to stay on for a few days on her own as she feels xhe needs some space but is defiantly benefiting from it 🙂 x
Highlighted

Morning Maisies , welcome susie 🙂 ,Lols so glad u had a nice break , christy may is away at the moment , I'm hoping she is benefiting from being away and having a change of scenery , I've had a few textes from her , happy 40th chez hope u have a fantastic day , hope your dad is ok rollar ? Much love to you x hope u had a happy anniversary 39 years is amazing :), Genevre hope u r feeling better Hun ? Sam so glad ur first chemo went ok , ur ska night sounds great , right up my street 🙂 , sorry if I have missed anyone , I managed to go to a family party last night but am absolutely shattered today , my little one has gone off to legoland today so I'm having a lazy day in bed to recharge my batteries , lots of planning to do this week as im hosting my daughters baby shower next Saturday ;), happy Sunday Maisies 🙂 xxxx
Highlighted

Morning Maisie's,
Happy birthday chezz xxx
Hope everyone's ok and se's improving.
Spiky red love Charlie and choc factory one of my favourites, it will stat in their memories for ever!!
Rollercoaster hope your dads improving. My mum had a fall on our hols Thursday and is still shook up its harder to getbivercwhen your older.
Meg, good luck not coming home with a puppy !!!!!!!!
Sam glad your ok so far hope it continues.
I'm taking steroids today as 3 rd chemo tomorrow yuk!!!!
Right off to walk dog as lovely and sunny. Good day all Maisie's xx ju x
Highlighted

Morning Maises, happy birthday Chezza hope you have a fun day planned and you are well enough to enjoy it. Genevere hope you are starting to feel slightly more human. Rollarcoster how is your dad doing. Lols glad you had a good break and good luck for tomorrow. Sam hope you are still feeling ok and the se haven't kicked in too much.

Had a fab day yesterday Charlie and chocolate factory was fantastic, the kids faces were a picture to watch . I'm planning on a restful Sunday maybe a little gardening if the rain holds off and then oh and me off to a friends for dinner. Have a good day one and all xxx
Highlighted

Sorry susie, chemo brain welcome to the Maisie's. I'm 3 rd chemo Monday I have tax everytime as I'm on TAC regime I don't think I've any different se's than others on fec /t. But I know we are all different. Good group to join though we keep,each other going. Good luck Thursday xx ju
Highlighted

Hi Genevre , Thanks for the welcome, although I find it hard to believe I am a member! I am having my third chemo on Thursday, first one was a nightmare, ending up in hospital with neutropenia but last one was a lot better and I feel fine at the moment. Start on the taxotere after my next one, hear this is horrible, but at least only have three! Just been out for an indian, making the most of it before my next chemo. Hope everyone has a good week.
Highlighted

Thanks meg, nice to be back to chat no one gets this bc like you all do!!!
Hope your coming out of the latest tunnel genevre, and I know the grey hair thing is a big shock, you never know it might grow back different colour !!!!!
Read your pm meg, sounds fun your meet up and future one , wish I could find similar in Swansea , not that id wish this on anyone but it must help morale. Enjoy Hun xx
Hope no chezz this evening means she's partying!!!!
Have good night Maisie's , peaceful dreams!! I'm back on steroids tomorrow, in readiness for Monday, happy days!!!
Xx ju xx
Highlighted

Hi genevre sorry you have had a rough time and hope you feel better soon xx
Highlighted

FEC 3, day 5

Hi Maisies, I’ve been out of it for a bit, feeling wiped out, but clawing my way back to normality now.  Paintsripper mouth and gullet symptoms becoming evident, but not too bad atm! Finally had no 3 shave a few days ago, terrible shock becaue what was left of my hair was grey, and I’ve never faced it before – have dyed it for ages. My scalp is really itchy and sore, I don’t know if any of you have any suggestions?

Pendragon, I’m so sorry you’re feeling wretched, sometime you feel you can’t go on, but you’ve survived so far and together all of us will find strength. Thinking of you.

Welcome Susie, I hope things are not too bad for you.  What stage are you with treatments?

So glad you had a great break Lols

Sam and Spikeyred glad you’ve had such a busy time, but don’t overdo it!! I made myself ill when I packed out my good week. But I know how you feel – you want to seize every good moment you can.

Hope all of you who are struggling can stay strong, and all who are partying etc have a great time.

Love and hugs xx

Highlighted

So glad to see you back Lols, we have all missed you on here! Xx
Highlighted

Afternoon Maisie's, back from a week in a cosy cottage away from it all and I'm so tired its tiring relaxing and all that fresh air, nice though a bc free week.
Sam glad all went ok with firstx
Angie I'm sure all will be ok they are just very careful to check everything when your having chemo.
Sounds like we are all up and down , who can blame us it's a difficult time in our lives. I struggle everyday with hair issue bit as meg ( coco) says it doesn't define us. We will be stronger people after all this.
Chezz have a lovely birthday weekend at least it's on your good week Hun , I'm dreading Monday I now I'm home I can't get it out of my mind!!!
When we go to butlins chezz we will have a double celebration end of treatment and 40 !!!!!!
Hope everyone ok I've read posts but can't hang onto all info at mo, chemo brain!!
Annie you ok ?
Right off to sort all the washing , have good day Maisie's . Chezz party girl!!!!!!!!!!! Xxx ju
Highlighted

Morning Maisie's! hope you are all doing ok today. Rollercoaster, sorry to hear about your dad having another fall! hope he is ok! it must be a worry for you especially as you up at the bar again on Monday! hope you manage to have a reasonable weekend despite this. Chezza just want to wish you a very happy birthday! hope you have a lovely time with your friends and hope you are feeling better than you were yesterday. Sam, am so glad to hear yesterday wasn't too bad for you, long may that continue. Hope you all have a peaceful weekend xx
Highlighted

FEC. 2 Day 20

Hi to all, just a quick post. Dad has had another fall and is back in hospital.

Sam I should be up on 21st but I have onc spot at 2:15. I will be there early to get my bloods done so will make a point if coming up to see you.

Take care all , have a good a day as you can and hugs to all xxxx
Highlighted

Hi ladies, sorry i have been AWOL again. This week i had a manic week pre chemo. Had the need to see as many friends as poss before chemo as the next time i see many of them i may be bald. This was so important to me and one friend even surprised me by coming up from london.

I had my first chemo yesterday and it really wasnt as bad as i imagined, OH was really scared as we sat there before it started bless him. SEs yesterday were ok, just felt a little hungover, ate normally and drank litres of water. I was up at 3.30 this morning and hadnt had steroids since yesterday morning so it may be a long day.

Habing my next chemo on mon 21st oct as onc is there on mondays. This is great as the OH and I put on a charity ska and reggae nght every oct and this year its on the 19th so i shall be able to go!

Thats enough about me, just wanted to fill you in.

Welcome to the new ladies who have found themselves here, its a good place to be.

Sad to hear some of you are having a tough time. Ang sorry the scans have got you down fingers crossed for tuesdays results. Chezza   I know your birthday wont be how you wanted it but try to focus on the fact you will have anymore. However, i feel you deserve the right to go smash some plates tonight.

Roller I've seen you're next up on monday so does that mean you will be up on 21st? I am up then too at 9am.

Sorry for not mentioning everyone, hope SEs if any subside really quick.

Sam xx