anyone want to meet Tunbridge wells tonbridge area?

Hi, I am 43, diagnosed 2 years ago. Had neo-adjuvent chemo ( 3 FEC, 3 docitaxol), then partial mastectomy and mastoplexy, then 4 weeks of rads. Now on tamoxifen. Would love to meet other s in this area for Coffee and catch up!
Jo

There don’t seem to be many people on here from from this part of the world.

Hi, my name is Sue, I’m 48 and live in Biddenden, so not a million miles away.

I am currently having neo-adjuvant chemo (today is my fifth session) - I am also on FEC-T - the same regime as you.

I am due to have a mastecomy and lymph node clearance in early May, then later on I have to have 15 sessions of radiotherapy, then Tamoxifen, so very similar story to yours, only not so far down the line.

If you are still around to read this, I’d love to meet up at some point - maybe meeting half way? Probably not till April though, when I have finished my chemo, as I have not been driving very far throughout this ordeal.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Would love to meet up sometime Sue. There’s another lady I met through a look good feel better session who was going through treatment at the same time as me who lives in tenterden, so not far from you. I know I found it a tremendous support to meet up once a month or so during treatment to compare notes and talk to someone else going through the same things. Good luck with your final chemo session. How have you found it? Have you had many side effects or any problems with it? I hated FEC. Made me so sick and therefore found taxol easier to deal with as I just got pain and extreme muscle fatigue ( could barely walk after last one). But felt that was easier to deal with than vomiting!! How come you had to have chemo first like me? Mine was that way round as my tumor was multi focal and too big and they thought that if I had chemo first i might get away with lumpectomy. It didn’t work well enough for lumpectomy but they managed to preserve a decent amount, so now I gave one Big Boob and one small one! I am supposed to have the other one reduced to match but can’t face any more surgery at the moment. Look forward to chatting on here for a bit and maybe a meet up when you’re feeling up to it. Have you met any one else going through treatment? Like I say, I found it really helpful to have someone to talk to about it all , any way take care and look forward to hearing from you. Good luck. Xxx

Sorry you’re finding the taxol difficult. I found i was fine for the first few days then on day 3 post treatment the pains would come. Made worse by the filgrstim injections. I got my onc to reduce the dose in the end add my blood counts were all ok. I also took voltarol as well as paracetamol and codeine but then needed omeprazole to counteract the heartburn and stuff to help with constipation from the codeine!!! I remember living each day from one pill to the Next as all that was on top of the anti sickness pills and steroids!!! All completely alien to me add I Garr popping pills usually! Anyway good luck. Hope this cycle is more bearable for you. Xxxx

Excuse all my spelling mistakes, am sending from my phone which keeps making strange words up!!! Where are you getting treatment by the way? At Maidstone? X

Hi Jo, I’m from tunbridge wells and if your still looking to meet someone for coffee I would love to. I’m 44 had lumpectomy, chemo and rad and now on tamoxifen for 10 years. Going back to work on Monday but part time to begin with. Let me know if you want to meet for coffee Karen

Hi Karen, I would love to meet up. Why don’t you pm me with some ideas of when and where. SJB, how are you doing? How’s the docetaxol going? Hopefully you can see the light at the end now. If you fancy meeting up too pm me as well and we can pick a date and venue to suit everyone.

No probs. So glad you’re nearly done. I will never forget my last docetaxol. I had on 26th June (not that it’s etched on my brain or anything!!!), 4 days before my birthday. Do guess what I did for my birthday that year!! I was laid up in bed waiting for the pains to go! Everyone kept saying to me "oh you must be so excited to have finished chemo, and I kept thinking, actually no, I am in agony, can barely walk cos the muscle fatigue is now so bad and in four weeks I will have surgery. In the meantime, as you say, there were many appointments to attend. One was the day before surgery to have wires inserted into the tumours under ultrasound, followed by a mammogram to check the position.

We could book something up towards the end of April and then if you’re well enough to come you can, if not then we’ll do another one after you’re op maybe. Anyway sending you lots of Good wishes. I didn’t find surgery too bad. Even the drains, which I was dreading were fine. Really sending you all my love and good thoughts. Xxxx

Hi not been here for long time.  Just been told I need hysterectomy due to tamoxifen and wonder if anyone had same prob.  Had mastectomy two years back.  Had so much surgery and thought I was free now but now this.  Bit fed up…  Would love to meet up with someone for chat ?  

Hi Catherine, so sorry you need more surgery. I had laparoscopy in Jan due to gynae probs caused by tamox but they decided once they were in there not to do anything!!! It is such a roller coaster isn’t it just when you think you are moving on something else happens. Where are you from? Xx

Hi there , don’t know if I’m doing this correctly or if anyone is still chatting on here. I’m
Sarah (48) tonbridge area. About to start chemo course 6x fec. Have deliberated for too long . I had lumpectomy and clear nodes but still recommended chemo :frowning:

Hi guys. I am in tonbridge too Sarah. I am sure we can sort something out before you start rads Sue. I am sadly arranging my Granads funeral at the moment which is next tues (10th June), but after that will be a bit freer. When do you start chemo Sarah? X

Hi, apologies for delay . Loads going on and
Had forgotten my password to this forum !
I’m starting Monday which is tomorrow . Feeling anxious at the thought. I’ve put the chemo off for 11 weeks after my op. I should have started weeks ago but declined it initially
As my nodes were clear and I’d had the op. What a shock to be told you have to then do chemo. Anyway ready to get on with it now .
I’m cold capping but bringing my own machine in which I’m renting at a reduced rate through
Contacts that are pioneering the machine. I’m
A sort of guinea pig for it but going to give it a go. It was hard work getting through to someone in the NHS to allow me to give it a go but I persisted and finally found a nurse
That really wanted to help. She was brilliant . Anyway will be wheeling all my stuff into
Pembury early tomorrow for first one (fec75).
Will keep you posted re the hair thing . The cap stays on for 4 hours min after the chemo
Cycle is done . …

Hi,
Thanks so much for the kind offer to sit with me. I have my aunt doing my cap and sitting with me . The hospital made a huge fuss re
Where I was going to sit for the 4 hours after chemo to the point where I said I’d bring my own chair if it was that much if a big deal.
Finally won them over in the end but it was stressful to say the least so I know what you
Mean re space there! Would love to see
U for chat sometime but don’t know how this first cycle will hit me . If you let me know where I’ll see how I am if not def next time . I should have been at Maidstone but the seating arrangements were better at pembury and is nearer. Sarah :slight_smile:

Thanks so much . How nice is it to chat to
People having been through it . I get so many
People patting me on the back saying how is it going and how well I look . I then have to
Explain that I havnt started yet etc …
Most people just don’t understand at all . Will be in touch .
I’m in Judd road , tonbridge and run the tanning salon in the high street on the corner x

What time you in tomorrow Sarah? I could pop in and say hi as I am just down the corridor in ICU wherei work as an audit and research sister. I will be at work from 8 till 3 ish but have a lunch time meeting from 11-13.00. If you want company let me know and I can pop along for10 minutes or so. Good luck anyway. Xx

I am Jo Sue! Penny is my friend who lives near you!! Xx

Hi , Sarah here . I’m in early at pembury . All ready to go . Starting at 10. In HODU.
I have my aunt with me but would be nice
To see you if your around . Am I talking to Jo or sue?
Confusing as to who is who on here. :slight_smile:

Hi Rafi,
Are you in tunbridge wells area ? I am a
Member of the site but havnt been on for a while . Not sure really how it works . Anyway I’m tonbridge area age 49 and have just finished treatment in November last year . I would be more than happy to chat about my experience etc and to answer any concerns as I know how daunting it is .
Sarah
x

Hi rafi I am in tonbridge too. Finished my treatment in oct 2012. I’m 44 now. Xx
Jo x