aspartame

aspartame

aspartame Well its reared its head again. Is it responsible for cancer or is it safe?
Just reflecting on the vast amount of diet coke Ive drunk through the years kind of makes me wonder.

— Bolly

Please don’t wonder. I have never drunk any Coke or Diet Coke in my life and I had a grade 3 tumour. If you like DietCoke you carry on drinking it. There’s no point in depriving yourself of things you really like.

Best wishes
Roisin

Liver I have read plenty of things which suggest it is not very good for your liver if consumed in large quantities, but I haven’t seen it linked to bc. I don’t know why manufacturers still use it when there are alternatives.

—Steer clear —I have avoided aspartame like the plague for many years. I noticed that it gave me ‘cold like’ symptoms which only came on after I had had a sweetened drink. I looked into what could be causing it and fond that aspartame is viewed suspiciously by many people. If you look on the web there are many pages devoted to arguing the case for banning it.

But there are many such pages and they are full of speculation and rumour. I stay away from it based on my own experiences but do not blame it for my BC