awake too early and it getting me down, anyone else?

I kinda knew when it was chemo that sleep would be difficult, but am getting so frustrated when I dont need to be up and although its not 4am or earlier iim awake at 6.30am… its taking ages to get to sleep, whereas before cancer, i was asleep easier by 10/10.30. and could sleep in no problem. now it gone midnight and i cant get past 6.30. i just keep overthinking that i could have some more sleep and just keep fighting staying in bed. it seems so obvious to just get up but i want to rest. I was given zopliclone and take half tablet every few nights, that just gets me to the same time. I didnt really need a full tablet and am worried about being on them too long.
Im 2 weeks after rads, and am starting back to 1/2 days full time as a teaching assistant.
what has anyone else done? it feels too early to go out, i dont have an ipod but have occasionally used headphones for the radio.
Thanks everyone
amd x

bump

I can sympathise I’m only just diagnosed but can’t get past 3.50 most mornings it’s like a alarm clock in my head feel so tired but just can’t sleep I’m having mx and SNB on the 25 th can’t come quick enough …
Marie

Hi Anne, I take a whole zopiclone occasionally to get a good nights sleep - i take it at about 9 in the evening as it takes a couple of hours to take effect so normally go to sleep around 11pm and although I will wake at some point to go to the bathroom, I can usually go back to sleep until around 8ish. I haven’t needed it for the last couple of weeks as rads fatigue meant that I slept really well but the last couple of nights havent been so good so the plus is the fatigue is wearing off so I will be better during the day but the negative is back to disturbed nights and the occasional zopiclone (no more than twice a week).

I hope it improves for you soon as there is nothing worse than lying awake trying to sleep.

Jayne x

hi
ive had mx and anc and ive got the body clock still on work time, wide awake at 6am regardless. i had a couple of strong painkilllers that make you sleepy for the post op pain and i only took them at night just to make sure i got a decent nights sleep so i would take the zopiclone and recharge your batteries, its only a short time fix but at least you wont be exhausted.
failing that, have a wee nap in the afternoon, sleep is essential, dont wear yourself out. i found a comfy settee, fluffy dressing gown and a rubbish film on telly does it for me!
good luck.
angie x

Amd… welcome to the sleep fairy club
it seems the sleep fairy manages to miss us ladies each night… Im awake every morning around 2.50am… my sofa has become my second bed Im afraid…my GP did give me Zopiclone 3.75mg but I am reluctant to take them as I wake up all fuzzy… bad enough waking with chemo brain… Ive tried all the usual remedies but it seems this is going to be a pattern for us ladies till the end of treatment…
Sending hugs to you xxx

I am having chemo and I also have the sleep problem…I go to sleep for a few hours the lay awake. I am also on zopiclone, half tablets. I try not to take them all the time but sleep is important. xxxx

Hi Anne

I took zopiclone for about 6 months (during chemo and for a month afterwards) and really couldn’t sleep without them but was still waking up at 5am every morning.

I was worried that I was getting dependent on them and decided to see a Medical Herbalist at the Haven. She prescribed me a herbal tincture (with skullcap, valerian and passionflower) which has really done the trick and I’m sleeping through most nights.

I know herbal remedies aren’t for everyone but it helped me. Good luck Anne xx

hi.
ubroken sleep is a massive problem, I tool zopiclone from day of diagnosis until a few weeks after op, but I dont think I was ever dependant, once my mind was a little more settled , I just stopped taking it, with no effects at all. but i know what u mean about waking early, I wake at about 4ish every day , with that sinking feeling. im 4 years on now…

good luck , take care x