back in the biopsy results cycle, finding it hard to cope

Hi All, people who have been posting for a while may know I had BC (DCIS) last year dealt with through surgery - right mx and left small lump removed, thankfully now on yearly monitoring. However, I was also diagnosed with PJS (genetic condition which increases risk of a range of cancers) - I had a short hospital admission in Jan with digestive problems and a follow up gastroscopy last Sat where they found a new (as far as I know) small lump in my throat, biopsies x3 sent off as a priority and referral to MDT to discuss made without even waiting for the results.

As you can imagine I’m really anxious (ok terrified) and finding it difficult to carry on being normal (work, family etc) while all the time my head is going around what if what if. I know pretty much everyone here as been in that place so just posting for a bit of moral support x

You poor thing,horrible anxious time.Not surprising you are finding it hard to carry on as normal .After one cancer diagnosis it does make you feel a lot more pessimistic about other worrying symptoms when in the past you would probably have been much more blasé .Fingers crossed biopsies finding nothing to worry about and you can breathe a big sigh of relief.Jill.

hi lizred,
sorry to hear you’re going through this again, the anxiety is so the pits. thinking of you & let us know how you get on if you want to.
hugs
ann x

Lizred Ihave seen you around and about on here and sending a hug. I hope you get clear results. Really rotten time for you xx

thanks x

Feel really between support - its not breast cancer so not sure if appropriate for this forum; friends trying to be helpful saying things like ‘oh its probably just to be on the safe side, I’m sure it will be fine’ (are you? How?!), helplines only open through the day (and I’m trying to go into work etc to keep my mind off things). When I rang the GI consultant’s sec to ask for an idea of how quickly I might be seen when biopsies are sent as a priority, she essentially said oh he’ll write to you with the results or see you in outpatients at some point but he has 100’s of patients. I know she is just giving a stock answer, and it doesn’t help that PJS is pretty rare so people don’t generally understand it but I feel like I’m screaming inside and no-one can hear me.

So grateful this forum is here and there’s always someone out there who knows how it feels xx

Lizred stick with this site. BC was my second primary. I’m being tested for cowdens/PTEN (also hamartoma issues) and there is nothing out there like this site to offer support. I so hope you get a clear result. I’m back at work and not focussed at all. Will keep everything crossed hugs xx

I hope the cuppa worked and you slept well. Will definitely keep in touch xx

Quick update as its always good to have some positive news - I finally heard from the hospital re my results and all the biopsies came back fine so I’m back on the regular monitoring rather than needing any other tests or procedures for now. YIppee :slight_smile:

Brilliant news!!

Lizred that’s great to read and thank you for letting us know. I’m still waiting on genetic results - how long did you have to wait? Your update has been very reassuring xx

Lizred, that’s my thought - who will co-ordinate any tests if I get a confirmed diagnosis… I hope you do celebrate biopsy free time, or at least mark it. I’ve been told between 4-12 weeks, so watch this space! X