Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

back pain

4 REPLIES 4
Ruth Hill

Re: back pain

Hello Ruth here,

I am suffering from a painfull armpit side boob .it feels like sunburn .i have finished my radiotherapy now but my breast is a dull purply  red and lumpy where the lumpectomy scars are.the staff at western park cancer hospital have been both professional and caring. They have said this hot sore feeling could go on for weeks.

i am tired and emotional almost all of the time now. The oncologist says I have done so well so far so I will take her word for that.

when will I feel normal again. X Ruth

Bibi44

Lizaki I read on another thread ie not an official place, that someone was told that there is an exit site which hurts some people.  I can't imagine this applies if you had WLE because the beam just glances off the sides of your boob.  Maybe for mastectomy? Not sure if that helps you, but might be worth googling/calling them to ask so you can put your mind at rest. Hope it gets better soon. xx

Ruth Hill

Hello Ruth here, I am on week 2 starting tomorrow 27/June .after my lumpectomy and staring letrozole a month ago.

my back aches like toothache and my front feels stiff inside,. Also my lumpectomy scar has become rather lumpy,I am already tired after each radiotherapy visit so what I will be like next week and the week after I dread to think.

i already had mobility issues so I was not up to the mark right from the beginning .still my family have been amazingly supportive and helpfull, our feelings are very upbeat about my recovery, but it's me that has to get thru it all.i would like thru these pages to express my very warmest wishes to my compatriots in this journey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Chins up sisters xxxxxxxxx

Lizzy_BCC

Hi Lizaki, 

I am really sorry that you are experiencing this back pain. I know this can be a difficult time and I am sure some users will be along soon to offer their support and tips soon.

In the meantime you may want to look at our page on the side effects of radiotherapy. In the meantime please do call our helpline at 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about the back pain you have experienced and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below. 

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm,
Saturday, 9am-1pm 

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Lizaki

back pain

I finished a course of 20 rads with integrated boost on 5th May. on 18th May started with a  dull intermittent ache just at the bottom of my scapula on the same side as the operation had been,  This pain wakes me up at night, but is better when up and about and after doing my breast exercises.  Has anyone else suffered from this?