bad bruising

11 days ago I found a huge black bruise over the top half of my breast- dont’t know how it happened.
Its fading a bit now but the sight of it made my GP, the nurses and the consultant I saw yesterday wince.
There is a lump but it could just be a blood clot so I have to wait 6 weeks before further steps can be taken. Has anyone had this sort of bruising?

Hi Antoinette

You might find it helpful to talk to one of our helpline nurses. This is a free service on 0808 800 6000 open 09.00 - 17.00 Monday to Friday and 09.00 - 14.00 Saturdays.

Best Wishes

Annabell

Hi Antoinette, you don’t say whether you are being treated for BC or not or whether this is the first symptom you have. Perhaps if you feel able to give a little more information the ladies on here could advise you a bit better.

I think from your post saying you saw the Consultant that you are being treated. I had a large bruise appear all over my breast about 2 weeks post surgery (MX and LD recon) which I had investigated and turned out to be a secondary bleed from the op. (I had a scan). Nothing further was done as I was told my body would re-absorb it. Since then (about 6 or 7 days ago) I began to ooze a mixture of blood and fluid from a wound around my new “nipple” and have been told this is nothing to worry about and its just the fluid/blood from the bleed finding its way out through the path of least resistance. The oozing has more or less stopped and I have been checked by the surgeon twice since and he’s not worried (although he and the nurses were quite amazed by the colour of my boob when they first saw it).

Hope this helps if its relevant to you, x

Thank you Ostrich - I am new to this forum and the whole BC issue and I think all you people have the most positive ideas and courage.
At the moment the Consultant cannot say for sure whether I have a serious problem but we wont know anything for 6 week and hopefully the clot and the bruising will have gone down.
The puzzling thing is that I do not know how I can have injured myself to get this bruising.

Hi Antoinette,

Welcome to the forum. There are some wonderful ladies (and men) on here. Ask anything you like, nothing is too silly and someone will always have either advice or supportive words for you.

Have you been dx with BC then? Hope you don’t mind me asking, xx