before radiotherapy

Ladies
If you think you may need/want corrective surgery on irradiated breast tissue PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE discuss at your clinic before you sign the r/t consent form.
I have been caught out on this, being told to complete all treatment and then have any correction after a few months - and now being told, no it’s not a goer because irradiated tissue doesn’t heal properly. So now I’m left with mismatched boobs and it’s just awful to have had this issue fudged for 2 years.
I know it’s hard to think about the future strategies when you just want to get rid of this nasty cancer as soon as possible, but I really believe we should be given accurate information well in advance so we can think things through properly.
grumpy

At last, someone else who has had this problem!  Sorry, I don’t wish it on anyone but at least you will understand how I feel.  I was a G cup until my BC, now I have one G cup and one B cup!  However, I discovered www.knittedknockersuk.com and they are brilliant.  They are free but there is the provision to donate.  I could not go out because I was so mismatched but my knitted knocker has solved that.

There’s quite a bit I wish I had known before I started my treatment but everything’s different with hindsight, isn’t it?  I’m told my extremely severe and rare reaction to radiation will not get any better and my boob will keep shrinking, so I will have to have a masectomy once the fibrous tissue has stopped developing in my chest!

All the best.

sue