big day tomorrow for cancer research uk

hi all
i was dx with breast cancer in 2009. i had the lump removed. 3 weeks of rads. i am on tamoxifen and zoladex. i was one of the lucky ones not to have cemo. tomorrow night i am holding a ladies night at my house where i will have my head shaved. there are 30 friends and family coming. local shops have donated some fantastic prizes to raffle on the night and up to now i have raised £692. people think i am mad. but i feel i was lucky and just want to help and give a little back. xxx gaynor

Wow, well done for raising so much money… and don’t forget you’ll be wanting a hat after the big shave… it’s freezing cold up here, hope it’s a tad warmer where you are!

aww thanks revcat. no it cold here too and snow on the ground. will have to go on the look out for some winter hats. hope you are keeping well xxxgaynor

Good Luck for tonight, hope you have a ball. ditto Revcat’s comment on hats!xx

thanks ladies it went very well. i have raised over £1000 up to now. with more to collect xxx

well done Gaynor… if you’re feeling brave enough could you post a photo here - even just for 24 hours?!

Make sure you keep that hat on - it is brass monkeys up here today!

hi revcat. i have put a picture on xxx

Thank you!

Now we can say those “well-meaning but annoying” things such as ‘you have a lovely shaped head’ etc ;-p

Seriously, thank you for putting up the picture, and thank you more for raising so much money.

Keep that noddle warm until the hair grows again!

Hi Gaynor,

What a fab thing to do! well done raising so much money! You’ll have to get an assortment of wooley hats to keep the cold out
like me lol

jo x

hi jube.
i dont suits hats, so only had one. i went and got a few more the other day and they were in the sale. its a good job because it looks like snow is on the way. xxx gaynor