Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bilateral mxs with expander implants only

5 REPLIES 5
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: bilateral mxs with expander implants only

Hi Buddy
Glad it all went well and you were out to enjoy Christmas. For me the ports were the most painful and it took about 3 weeks for them not to hurt! The inflations for me started a couple of weeks after the op and they tended to put in approx 100mls each time. It doesn't hurt, just a weird feeling like pressure on your chest which goes away after a day or so. You can actually see the breasts grow as they inject. V surreal! After that I had inflations every 4 weeks of between 60-100mls each time. If it feels uncomfortable they can take some out.
So glad you are already pleased with them. I opted against nipple reconstruction but instead had some fantastic prosthetic ones made. They look so real and if I am wearing a tight top I can just go without.
Good luck with the inflations and hopefully you will feel much less sore soon:)
Tracy
x
Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Tracy and sandytoes went ahead with the expanders only and got out hospital christmas eve , am so happy already with the outcome. Initally when i saw them i was horrified, but i think i can now imagine what they might look like after some more inflations which i am told might start next friday. I still have my two drains in and looking forward to them coming out hopefully tomorrow. How much do they expand each time and does it hurt, i still have pain and feel really tight where my new breasts are.
Buddy xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello! I had a bilateral mx with expanders a year ago (as had radiotherapy and had alot of skin removed - so they were slowly stretched over the course of 6 months) and get them replaced with silicone implants next month. The expanders gave good shape but are really hard. I'm hoping that the silicone implants will be much softer.
Let me know if I can help with any questions.
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Buddy
I had a mastectomy in March 2010 with chemo/radiotherapy/Herceptin and a year ago I had a prophylactic mastectomy on the other side and reconstruction both sides. I am slim and had DD boobs before and my only option was to have beckers implants. It took 6 months of inflations and then some deflations and am now a C cup and quite happy with them.
Am due to have my ports removed in a couple of weeks time. Be happy to answer any questions.

Tracy
x
Lucy_BCC

Hi buddyandme

Whilst you await replies here please call our helpliners as they may be able to put you in touch with someone in a similar sutuation via our 'One to one support servcie' which you can read about here:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/someone-talk/one-one-support

Our helplines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Sat on 0808 800 6000

Best wishes

Lucy

Guest user
Not applicable

bilateral mxs with expander implants only

HI all , was diagnoised with bilateral Idc last month and thankfully the nodes are all clear so am due to have bilateral mxs with immediate reconstruction next wednesday. I was offered Ld flap with expanders or expanders only and after speaking through the pros and cons with my ps i have agreed to expanders only. I am worried now that i have made the wrong decision , my ps said that because of my size (10/12) and because i needed 2 breasts (am currently DD) the Ld would be of little benefit. I would be very interested in anyones knowledge or experience in this matter, i have searched this site for people who have had bilateral mxs and most opt for tissue flap reconstruction , has anyone had implants only, its not to late to change my mind.
buddy