cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bisphosphonates/ Zoledronic acid

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: bisphosphonates/ Zoledronic acid

hi Ruth,my sister has just had her first dose of Zolenronic acid after i read all the research on it and presented it to her breast surgeon. there is another post called breast cancer relapse cut by a 3rd which i started in december time. Well she was eventually given it and had no side effects apart from aching bones the next day. Good luck with your oncologist .
claire

Highlighted

Thanks for your comments
appreciate this
have emailed my oncologist with some questions- will probably go ahead with asking for it
Ruth

Hi Ruth
I am on the Azure trial-over 4 years now. I have graduated to 6 monthly infusions and apart from achey/fluey symptoms the first few times Ive been fine.
I am Er neg so am not having hormones or any other treatments .
I have a card to take to dentists when I have treatment as invasive procedures can have horrible effect -jaw necrosis I think its called- but ,as my research nurse found out, this is only immediately before and after infusions .

Una

Highlighted

Hi Ruth, Just though I'd let you know that I am, like Dilys, also getting 6-monthly zometa infusions for bone density loss due to hormone treatment. I am not on any trial nor a private patient. I was pretty sick with flu-like aches and pain for about 24 hours after the first one but I had no side effects since. I read on this forum recently that tamoxifen combined with zometa can reduce the chance of recurrence by a third so I am pretty happy to be getting this treatment. Hope this is of help to you. x

Highlighted

Hi Ruth

Not really. A day after the infusion I feel a bit achey in the bones (so hope it is working) but other than that, no bad side effects at all.

Hope it goes well for you my dear.

Love

Dilys
xxxx

Highlighted

Hi Dilys
thanks for replying
can i ask have you had any side effects from the treatment
Ruth

Highlighted

Hi Ruth

I am on 6 monthly infusions of zometa (on the NHS) but it is to protect my crumbling bones, rather than anything directly cancer related. Not very helpful - sorry!

Good luck

Dilys

Highlighted

bisphosphonates/ Zoledronic acid

Hi I am new to posting although I have been reading posts over the last year and found this very helpful.
I am 43 was diagnosed in feb 08 had neo-adjunctive chemo, surgery- bilateral mast(Family history) and reconstruction then rads, on tamoxifen now.I was node neg and ER+
I am interested if anybody with early localised breast cancer is having Zometa outside of a trial on the nhs. I am currently looking into paying for this treatment privately.
I would be interested to hear from any women who are on the azure trial about their experience of having zometa and whether anybody has had side effects.
Thanks for your help

Ruth