blood test to detect new BC tumours

blood test to detect new BC tumours

blood test to detect new BC tumours Sounds too good to be true! Has anyone had one of these blood tests? They’ve been available in Europe since 2004, I think, when they came out of trials. Made in Germany by Adnagen (www.adnagen.com) they’re now up for US FDA approval and being used there for trials only till the FDA gives them a stamp of approval.

It seems that tumour cells can be detected in circulation due to some new technology, before ever anything would show up on a scan.

I’ve written to the manufacturers to find out where to get the test.

Apparently each pack contains enough to test blood from 12 patients.

So maybe I have to find 11 other patients and a good analytical laboratory to order it.

My diagnostic process has taken over 4 months and is still inconclusive. I’m naturally hoping it’s because the cancer has gone back into remission! Sometimes I think I don’t want the results, but I do really need to know and my appt to get the results of the latest CT scan tomorrow will probably be cancelled due to a strike at the hospital (I live overseas).

Is it yet approved for use on the NHS? It would save the country a fortune in better, earlier treatment and improved outcome and maybe some of the other scans etc. which may be unecessary.

Please post here if you know anything about it.

Thanks.

Jenny