Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bone marrow mets

Highlighted

bone marrow mets

Anyone got bone marrow mets? Just been for bone marrow aspiration today x
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Hi bc lass and daisy, I am sorry to read that you are having such a difficult time at the moment
Along with the support here our helpliners are on hand with further support, please do feel free to call on 0808 800 6000 ( weekdays 9-5 Sat 10-2)

There is some information about bone marrow infiltration on our bone secondary info page which may help, here's the link:

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/about-breast-cancer/secondary-metastat...

Take care
Lucy BCC

Highlighted

I'm so sorry to read this daisy, it certainly is a b of a disease. I hope your transfusion goes ahead today.
With Much Love. X
Highlighted

Had bone marrow biopsy end of sept and told mild infiltration. Haemoglobin low and platelets low. Tried to stabilise me with vinolrebin chemo for a month but all blood test results gradually got worse tired and breathless Had 2 more transfusions they perk me up for 3 weeks or so. Had another biopsy week ago and told now complete infiltration. No normal bone marrow cells. A shock and still reeling from it. Trying me with steroids. I'm not in bone pain just tired and short of breath. Having transfusion on 19th but this last week also picked up chest infection so antibiotics but coughing etc. been warned about bruising and bleeds like nose. Did have a couple in right eye for a couple of days. Have had achy arm and fronts of legs. Told this was the anaemia and take co codamol or oromorph to help. Steroids keep me awake hence the time but will probably sleep for a few more hours soon. Not a happy story. All devastated as time line is short. Feeling more calm and accepting but it's a b of a disease I feel so lucky and positive to have had 8 wonderful years with family since diagnosis and not in pain. Hope your results are not too bad. Haematologist told me they could treat with chemo even if platelets in single figures. But we are all different and am keeping fingers and toes crossed to hear you say results not too bad and here's a plan. Hope the waiting isn't too long. Often that's the worst part. Pamper yourself ... Hugs xx

Highlighted

Sorry you have a long wait bc-lass, think, like you mention Helen, most of us do have some marrow involvement but I don't know enough about it, treatment wise. Would a transfusion help? X
Highlighted

Hi,BC lass,can they give you a blood transfusion ? That should help with tiredness. Apparently I have some bone marrow involvement but onc said most bone mets do!? News to me!
Hugs ,Helen xxx
Highlighted

Hi Belinda - a bit uncomfortable than actually painful. Results not back for few wks. Haemaglobin gone right down and feel v tired. X
Highlighted

How did it go bc-lass? I don't think I have marrow mets but I don't know for certain. Did you feel tired, have symptoms or is it something which showed in blood tests?
X