cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

book club

tillybob

Re: book club

great idea for a thread!
I love Katie Flynn, trying to read Heading Home at the moment, its easy to pick up and read a little at a time., most of her books are based on life in Liverpool, a city close to my ancestors hearts,it takes me to a time and place that has sadly gone .
Plot 8/10
Ease of reading 9/10

Projectwoman

Good thread - I have always read voraciously but have been struggling somehow through treatment so far, as anything too literary just completely defeats me! Will be good to see recomendations for books that can be enjoyed with a chemo brain!

Wandy

Brilliant thread!

I read voraciously and always have about 2 or 3 books on the go.

During all sessions at the hospital I have needed short easy to digest books and here are a couple: Will follow Scaco's lead and give points:-
1 - The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Plot- 9/10
Ease to follow with hospital head-8/10
2 - A whole series of crime novels by JD Robb, called the 'In Death' series - very silly in some ways a bit more Mills and Boonsy with loads of sex!! Set in 2058 in New York, they are very easy reading for hospital or chemo heads!
Plot- 6/10
Ease - 7/10.

In general, for anyone who loves crime thrillers, read Michael Connelly, Simon Kernick, and Lee Childs.

Got loads more, will try and contain myself and come back each day!

Wandyx

J01

great idea SCACO I am not quite up to reading yet the weeks have taken their toll, butI am lesley pearse, maeve binchey, cathy kelly sort but not apposed to most good reads... best book I ever read highly reccommended was called 'remember me' by lesley pearse Ive reccommended it to loads and they have all loved it fiction based on facts of a true story, if that makes sense, another excellent lesley pearse is called 'Hope' agin a fab story entwined with factual history set in the crimea war brilliant!
edited to thank SCACO who started this thread but credited this post to the april chemo thread XXX

staycalmandcar

book club

hi all

the lovely ladies on 'starting chemo tomorrow (april)' made a great suggestio about sharing good books. i thought this was fab so i started it here (hope you dont mind ladies).

my last read: 'But Can You Drink The Water?'.

Set in the 80s a liverpudlian family emmigrate to south africa. very funny in parts with entertaining characters.

rating:
Plot- 8/10
Ease to follow with chemo head-10/10