bras after wle and slnb

Hi. I was just wondering if I need to invest in any different bras for after my surgery. Or is an under wired bra still ok.
Thanks for any help xx

Hi

I think most hospitals recommend wearing softer, non wired bras after surgery. Sports bras are good or those soft pull on types, specially as you may want to wear a bra in bed too.

I think most women find wired bras too uncomfy after surgery and again during and after radiotherapy. I had surgery in September and am only now venturing back into wired ones.

Mary

Hi Hay

You may find the following link to the BCC ‘Your operation and recovery’ information helpful, here’s the link:

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/your-operation-recovery-bcc151

Best wishes

Lucy BCC

Thank you for you’re replys. Bra shopping ut is then.
Thanks
Hayley x

Hi, I had WLE and node clearance in Feb 2013, I was given a very soft front opening bra whilst in hospital. I found the front fastening really useful and comfortable,because it didn’t “dig in” and was easier to do up than any other bra. I wore it all the time,day and night for quite a while. In fact it was the most comfortable bra I have ever worn! hope this helps!x

Thank you very much for all your help. Think I’ll invest In some soft bras then I’ll gave a choice. Hope they have git it all now dollybeads. Sending hugs to you all x