Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

breast cancer shrinking without treatment ?????????//

11 REPLIES 11
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: breast cancer shrinking without treatment ?????????//

hi sorry i took so long to get back to you went to the oncoligist last week he never mentioned anything about my lump feeling smaller just said they had removed a 2.5cm tumer and breast tissue he said i was stage 2 ? and there was a clear margin so i think thts gd ive 2 get radio in 4 weeks and take tamoxifen for 5 yr so hopefully thats me thankyou but for all your help xx
stressy_messy

Thanks mrsblue 🙂
Really pleased that your mets are being kept stable,and hope this continues for many years to come.
Best wishes Melxx

mrsblue

Hi stressy-messy and all on this thread: Yes, ER PR Her status (and whether vascular invasion or not) can be found after a breast biopsy. It happened to me, I'm ER+(strongly) PR+ Her- ... and I've still got my primary...
The biopsy was soon after dx, in 2006(!) and I'm still here, despite liver and bone mets, all kept stable with capecitabine (Xeloda) at the moment.
stressy_messy

Also the brusing from the biopsy can make the lump area feel bigger for a while. xx

stressy_messy

My cancer was smaller when removed than it was on mammogram.They can't really tell the accurate size of the cancer until it is removed.Can they tell the ER PR and HER2 status from a biopsy? I thought they could only tell these status's after the tumour was removed and sent for testing.
Good luck with your results.Melxx

Guest user
Not applicable

thanks im just so confused when i went for my biopsy results before the surgery they told me i had invasive breast cancer that was er & pr positive and her2 neg im now hoping they made a mistake.
Guest user
Not applicable

This happened to my mum, the only female in our family not to have bc.. She had a largish lump showing up on mammo was booked in for surgery to remove it... When they had her in a hospital bed the surgeon came round felt for it..... Pronounced it gone.... And she was sent home .. To this day we have no idea what it was... Fortunately for her it obviously wasn't bc as that was 30 years ago and she is still very much here and well.
I think it's good the surgeons have taken out your shrinking lump much better to be safe than sorry
Good luck with your results
Helen xx
katytc

kerij, not sure what to say or why it's happened but just wanted to wish you the very best for your results, take care and please keep us up to date xx

Guest user
Not applicable

thanks for your replies im just confused as to why we could feel it so easily then had to hunt for it hopefully its all gone now fingerscrossed for results next week xxx
applestreet

Hi
smaller must be better than bigger...hang on in there...the waiting room is rubbish but the worst is over now..once you get results then you know where you are...best wishes.M

Midge

Hi
Am not sure about it shrinking, but my lump was smaller when removed than what it appeared on the mammogram. I know they said they could not be sure on the actually sizeuntil they had it out to measure. But smaller is generally better so heres hoping your is v small.
Waiting fr results is tough, so hang in there.

Dx

Guest user
Not applicable

breast cancer shrinking without treatment ?????????//

hi can anyone help here i went for surgery on fri to have a 2cm lump removed i was told they would remove a quater of my breast some nodes for testing and reconstruct my nipple the lump was easily felt up untill sun/mon and it felt like it was getting smaller and when i got to hospital on fri morn it was almost unfeelable my surgern looked puzzled and went away to check the mamogram and then brought another doc to check then said he would just do a wide local and take a biopsy of the nodes i asked if it was a good or bad thing that it had got smaller he never answerd and after surgery he just said he hoped it had went ok and he could'nt realy tell me anything untill i go back in 12 days im so confused has anyone else experianced this thanks for any info you can give me xxx