breast cancer

hi all im new here! ive just signed up as i was reading some peoples posts…
i dont know where to start really im nearlly 25 and i have a lump in my left breast and it has been there a while ive got worried just latley has it has got bigger ands its painful.
im going mental thinking of all the possibiltys of the lump and im just scared as i have 2 little boys who are my world, i know im young and its very rare but i cant think straight…
if anyone has any information as what to do i would appreiciate any replys xx

Hi gemma785 and welcome to the BCC Discussion Forums where I’m sure you’ll receive lots of support from your fellow forum users. Here is a link to our ‘Referral to a breast clinic’ publication which you may find helpful to read:

breastcancercare.org.uk/upload/pdf/referral_redesign__final_14_feb_08_0.pdf

You might also find it helpful to call our helpline on 0808 800 6000 where you can speak to one of our team in confidence for further support, information and a ‘listening ear’, the line is open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 9-2.

Best wishes,
Kate, BCC Facilitator

HI,gemma, sorry you have had to find yourself on this site.I know very shortly you will receive lots of help & advice from everyone on the site.
You say you’ve found a lump but havent said if you have been to the doctors?. If you havent please get an appointment.You need to know what it is so that you can go on too deal with it.
I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you,as we all know here the hardest part is the waiting.
sending hugs .

Tricia xxx

Hi Gemma,
Sounds like you haven’t been to the GP! Please go, you will drive yourself mad reading posts and worrying
Sooner you go to the GP the sooner it will be sorted!
Make that phone call first thing in the morning, if you can’t get an appointment with the GP ask to speak to a nurse, l am sure she will see you
Good Luck
Sandra xxx

Gemma - Tricia and Sandra are right. You need to see your GP asap. It may be completely innocent, but in the unlikely event it is not, you are not helping your lovely boys by delaying. Please call tomorrow and put your mind at rest. Good luck.

finty xxx

hi thanks for the quick responses, i have rang my doctors and they said that there are no appointments till end of the week as they full, unless someone cancels there appointment then i can have there spot, i just got worried as she didnt seem that botherd on the phone said im young and would be nothing to worry about and then i found this site so any comments or advice is very helpful to me so thankyou all for your time vx

go see your gp its stops you going mad i seen my nurse if your not comfortable think possitive could be something and nothing get it checked thinking of you elainexx let me no how you get on

ok i will do thankyou, im gonna ring them again in the morning see if they have any cancelled appointments, also ive got a qick question my left nipple has seemed to have got bigger is this normal ive never noticed before until just as i got out the bath and noticed through my mirror x

oh gemma you must be so worried…i am 30 and also have young children.i’m waiting to go into the clinic to have a lump checked out…can your gp surgery not offer you an emergency appointment?..surely there must be appointments for available for emergencys on the day…i hope you get an appointment soon…in the mean time i hope you get some comfort from the posts on this website,i kow it has greatly helped me in my time of waiting from seeing my gp to getting my appointment…

sending you hugs…Kerry.x

hi kerry, thanks hun im gonna see what the doctors say in the morning, they do my head in they are useless. i know its just that horrible feeling that wont go away, good luck for your appointment hope all goes well for you too for the sake of your kids and hopefully we will both be on here soon with the all clear xxx

a few days in the grand scheme of things wont make much difference but the waiting is like hell on earth.

dont just let your GP fob you off because of your age either… a good question to ask him would be… if i was 60 and you felt this lump would you send me to the clinic?

it maybe something entirely innocent which the GP would be able to distinguish but if hes at all concerned then you would be best to get a breast clinic appt.

sending big hugs

Lxx

If your GP hasn’t any emergency appointments then just go along to your walk in centre where they’ll see you and can also refer you to a breast clinic.This is what my daughter had to do and they referred her to breast clinic where she had tests done…luckily for her it was a fibrodenoma…
good luck xxx

Hi Gemma,I can only say what the others are saying darl.
Try the drop in center or ask to see the nurse. Dont be fobbed off by receptionists.
We are always told to see the GP for any lump ASP eh?
Most turn out to be nothing sinister, I really hope this is the case for you.
Thinking of you darl. xxx

hi thankyou all for the messages, ive got into the doctors this morning luckily the girl was on the reception and she got me in straight away so feel a bit better now, i will keep you all posted xx

hi
ive had a core biopsy 8 days ago can anyone tell me is it normal for it to still be a little sore?
thanx fedup999

hi fedup999 I was sore for about two weeks after mine but everyone varies, and depends on like getting blood taken how careful they are at doing it. Hope you get relief soon I am sure it will settle down. Take care Joyce.xx

hey gemma…so glad you managed to get an appointment this morning at your gp’s…i know that useless feeling,my gp’s have messed me around since the end of may but finally now i am going in to see the consultant…hope you got on alright this morning…and yes hopefully we will both be posting good news soon…xXxXx