breast clinic appointment tomorrow

Hi, I thought I’d just post on here and see if anyone has any words of advice/ reassurance…

I found a lump/ lumpy area/ thickening/ nondescript thing that slid when I pressed it in my right breast about a month ago. I went to my GP and she examined and felt the lump when I pointed it out to her and she said it felt like normal breast tissue. I was also experiencing localised tenderness when it was pressed sometimes and sometimes pain, and lots of different types of pain in my breast- stabbing, pricking, aching, mainly in the area with the lump but in other areas, and under my arm, and in my other breast too. I couldn’t stop worrying about it and it’s completely taking over everything so I went back to my GP and got referred because they said I wouldn’t stop worrying without it being confirmed. I’ve just been on holiday for a week and actually managed to be ok ish and enjoy it but now the appointment’s tomorrow and I’m completely paralyzed with fear. I haven’t physically felt the lump myself for a while now- I’m kind of deliberately avoiding it because I’m terrified of it but when I feel all around I can’t find it now, but I know it’s there, if that makes sense. The pains were basically gone this week but still there a bit. That breast is also fuller and bigger than the other one- not just that area but the whole thing, and I don’t know if it’s always been like that or not. (I’m only 18). I suffer really badly with health anxiety and that’s the thing everyone around me seems to be worried about but I’m worried about this. I’m so scared that the GP’s and everyone around me will be wrong and I can’t imagine anything not being wrong with my breast. I’m terrified of going to the appointment and them seeing something suspicious on the ultrasound or having a biopsy and having to wait for results or being told the worst news. I know I haven’t got long to wait now but I’m so so so terrified. I know this probably might sound a bit dramatic and so pessimistic but I can’t think any other way. I’m scared that because I haven’t felt the lump in a while it will have changed since I last did- my mum said last week it hadn’t changed and felt like a bit of muscle but I’m so scared and I’m scared to even try to think optimistically… I hope someone understands where I’m coming from:-(

xxx

Hello mmm1996

Welcome to the forums, this must be a very worrying time for you but you have come to the right place for support from our experienced users who I’m sure will be along to support you soon.

You may also like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Hi, I am on a two week quick referral for long lump in right breast, doc said this is smooth so should be okay but not out ruling anything… I was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this after coming off contraceptive micygonon pill? And would coming off pill contribute to lumps and bumps? Any advice would be great.
Thanks emma