breast dimple and lump

hi everyone have an apt at breast clinic tomorrow have a lump with a dimple beside it trying not to panic but wondering if any of you know anything about these symptoms?

It’s a possibility these are the symptoms of breast cancer however bear in mind a vast majority of symptoms prove to be nothing there is nothing you can really do except to keep calm and wait until your appointment tomorrow I hope everything goes Ok for you pop back and let us know how you get on!!!

You are doing the right thing having it checked out whether its something or nothing you need to know.
Best of luck.

Jan

it is breast cancer have to go back next week they think no lymph node involvement but will know more after surgery x

Maggie 281 sorry you have now joined the club and on the bench so to speak there is unfortunately ALOT!! Of waiting during diagnosis and treatment but when you have a better idea what you’re dealing with you’ll feel more in control believe me it will get easier remember don’t Google stick to this site and macmillan there is alot of out of date and incorrect info on the Internet come back often there’s alot of ladies here that can help and are only too willing to give advice try not to worry too much I appreciate it’s not easy, waiting is the worst bit of this, all sorts of things run around your head that’s natural anytime you want a chat feel free and I hope all goes well for your apptxx

Hi Ladies, I called into work as promised on the way back from the hospital yesterday ( I work in a Nursery) and I left feeling really guilty that I upset my friends and spoiled their weekend and I ended up comforting them. There is a staff of 30 women ranging in age from 18 to 64 so you can well imagine! Friends and family outside of work have been great although one of my sisters was very upset, shes the eldest and cant understand it as there is absolutely no history of breast cancer in our family. I told her there doesnt have to be.
What I dont understand is I haven’t cried once since I found the indent and lump and not since I have been diagnosed, I am very calm and every one thinks this is weird, but I knew it was BC and am glad it was confirmed and that I can put myself in the hands of the Doctors and Nurses now and they will cure me.
Although I have lost my appetite since I found the lump and am steadily losing weight, not good, maybe this is how it is showing itself!
Anyone else felt like this?

Hi Maggie
So sorry you find yourself here. I too was very calm after I was diagnosed, even joking about hair loss and fake boobs! My friends and family didn’t really know how to take it until couple of weeks later, after scans, tests and numerous hospital visits, I fell to pieces! I think they were relieved :wink: I have always remained Postive though and like you have put my trust in the doctors and nurses, who are excellent. This site has also been an amazing support and I take my lead from the other women who are ahead of me on this journey and inspiration from those who are out the other side.
I wish you the best of luck with your journey and your treatment. Keep in touch and let us know how you get on.
Take care and hugs
Emma x

emma thank u so much for posting a reply to me sometimes when ur waiting for a response its just like u want to know someone understands and they r reaching out to u and u to them so a massive thank you. this site has been a godsend to me x

Hi Maggie
so sorry to hear the diagnosis bless you xx I started with a dimple and ignored it for a year… Very stupid I know but i could,nt feel a lump so it was,nt until i went for my routine mammo that i pointed it out… so well done you for getting on with it, I am 2 yrs down the line now and have stayed very positive throughout so keep that chin up and take on board the very sound advice by not googling it, any questions you have you will always find an answer from the ladies on here who have excellent knowledge and empathy, I hope all runs smooth for you and your not waiting too long as that for me was the hardest part, once I,d had my op and started treatment the time seemed to fly by so sending a big hug and I hope your journey is as smooth as mine was take good care of you and my best wishes to you xx Doz

bless you doz for ur response feeling a little shaky today but back to work tomorrow looking after toddlers leaves no time for fretting lol x

Hi it does come back and bite you on the bum from time to time but that’s normal it’s still all new hon, I,m a nurse so yes plenty of distractions when your dealing with others… Just try not to over think it all cos it does wear you down, your in good hands and they are always there for you, the McMillan nurses are at the end of the phone to talk to as are the girls on here, but for now just try to chill I,m sure they won’t keep you waiting long bless you, Positive is the order of the day :slight_smile: my sister is just recovering from treatment for bowel cancer and she has had the most positive attitude throughout and is doing soooo well, find something nice to think about in the future and if the blessed C gets the better of you take yourself to the future it worked wonders for me :slight_smile: let us know how you are getting on sending you the virtual hug and a hand to hold if you need it xxxxhugxxx

hi ladies was wondering if the consultant will tell me on wed what grade my tumour is?

Hi Maggie, I don’t know whether the Consultant will tell you the grade or not - it seems to vary from region to region.
Just wanted to say that I am the same with regard to the loss of appetite! I have lost more than half a stone since I was referred to the breast clinic, and despite a brief return of appetite after my mx it went AWOL again after my results were in (ANC plus radiotherapy and chemo advised). I don’t know what to do about it, as I have to cook for my husband but the very smell of food puts me off…
I haven’t cried either. I seem to be able to cry for others but not myself!
Good luck.
Annie

exactly the same as me annie cannot stand the smell either. they did 4 core biopsies on fri and were able 2 tell me it was BC but have to go back on wed for further results on them so thought maybe they would give me date for surgery and the grade!

They may well give you a date for surgery if that’s what they think you need - at least they should be able to tell you what treatment you’ll be having. I only found out my grade after my surgery - sometimes that’s the only way they can definitely tell.
At least you’ll know more than you do now and you’ll feel a bit more in control.
Fingers crossed for you, maggie!

thanx annie will let u know on wednesday what they say x

Hi girls, my BCN rang today she says I will have the grade, type and surgery date at my appointment tomorrow! (GULP)

Best wishes Maggie,
Whatever it is, you can do it!
K x

Good luck Maggie.
My consultant only gives the minimum information at first but if you ask he’ll tell you everything you want to know. I asked him about that and he said he does it that way as not all women can cope with lots of details. Personally I need/want to know everything about my condition but another woman I met in clinic never asks anything, just says she trusts the medical staff to do what’s best for her.
X Yvonne

hi ladies went to see consultant today got no grade and no date for surgery see what u all mean about a slow process! said it should be done within 4 weeks!