breast

got a letter to ring a number on friday to speak to someone about getting a apointment thought would just get a date not have to speak to someone about it first why you have 2 do that more time 2 wait it is doing my head in just want to find out whats wrong

hi, They rang me to fix the date. If they just send you a date they are at the mercy of the postal system, and once you got the appointment it might not have been suitable. So i think it is better that you are going to ring them and finally find out when you are going.

It will probably just be a booking secretary, but she should be able to tell you what will happen to you on that date. so write down a list of questions.things like

If i need it will i have a mammogramm,ultrasound,needle biobsy, core biopsy on the same day as my appointment or will that be a later day.

If i have those scans will i talk to someone on that day about the results of the scans, if not when will that happen.

if I have the biopsies when will i know the results.

If whoever you speak to does not know ask if there is a breast nurse you can telephone, because the breast nurse would know what is the proceedure at that clinic.

All this waiting is aweful, but at least you have found this site and at least you know on friday you are going to have some answers.