1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

breathless

6 REPLIES 6

Re: breathless

Thanks for the reply smartie. You seem pretty much the same as me with regard to mets. This is my third in two years 😞 it's comforting to know you are four years down the line. Whilst on taxol I had to have three blood transfusions , felt great after them lol. When you finish your chemo , what treatment if any do they put you on ? This is the scary bit for me , the chemo has worked except capcitabine , then I went on letrozole for 8 months then it stopped working. Hence why I having chemo again. You go through all that chemo and only had eight months free from no treatment. I am a very positive person and don't let it get me down but sometimes have a moment when I think , how long can they keep finding things keep you stable . Any way great chatting and once again thanks for the reply xxx

Hi Lalie
Sorry to hear you are suffering a bit at the moment. I am on Eribulin, there is a thread on the treatments area of the forum, there a few of us spongey ladies on it. It is my 4th chemo in 4 years, I am liver, nodes in chest and abdomen and bone. Latest scan after 7 cycles shows great results with reduction of all Mets and disappearance of some! I am now taking a break as Eribulin hits your bloods very hard and my body feels it needs a break. They are rescanning in September to see what's happening with a view to restarting the treatment if the ***gers are back.
The treatment itself is a very short infusion, I've had anti-sickness meds and steroids with it and have been ok, just a few bits of nausea. Tiredness can be a problem so take it easy. For me bloods have been the big issue especially my HB so I have had to have 3 transfusions over the 21 weeks I had been on it. Compared with FEC and Paclitaxol it has not been so bad for me, not quite as easy as Capecitabine though.
Good luck with your treatment and let us know how you get on.
Smartie x

Hello catlady , I'm going to be starting eribulin next Thursday. What have you been like on it ? This will be my third chemo in nearly 2 years, first went on cap tablet form , then taxol . I was diagnosed 2007 1.9 tumour no lymph node involvement. I was fine and I am convinced that when my 5 years was up with extastamine , within 1 year I had secondaries in liver and bones. When my second chemo finished I went on letrozole . I was on this for 8 months then , my latest scan showed all has started to erupt again , also last year I had thickening in abdomen and lung with a coulple node in chest involved. Sorry for long reply , would love to know how you getting on with this chemo. Many thanks lalie x

Hi,my place, I have lung mets and I'm extremely breathless at the moment also extreme pain in/ under right ribs. I'm not sure if it's the liver mets playing up or the mets in ribs.

I'm on Eribulin at the moment too. I think it's the chemo bashing my red blood cells that's making me so breathlessness at the moment .
I hope you get some answers from your onc next week.
Hugs,Helen xxxx

Hi Belinda

Thanks for bumping me up, I'm not very well up on how to use the forum as yet.

Sandra x

Hi Sandra, sorry I can't help but bumping up your post to the top of the page again. Hope you have a better appointment with your Onc next week. X

breathless

Hi

I confess to not being a frequent flyer, but has anyone with lung mets had pain in side and become quite breathless, as I am now,  I am on Epirubicin, tomorrow I am to have a Thorax scan, which hopefully will shed some light.  When I had my line flushed last week, they did a CT scan which ruled out a blood clot, but the breathlessness remains.,  On my last visit with the onc, I had to see the Registrar, who was not at all helpful, I shall insist on seeing the onc next week.  Look forward to hearing your experiences.  Sandra