cHEMOTHERAPY

uNDERGONE SURGERY FOR bREAST CANCER 19TH Nov .Despite having yearly mammos for five years for calcium deposits…2006 ok …Oct 20007
Tumour. Lumpectomy 18mm tumour 7 lymph nodes removed 1 (sentinel node) showed cancer cells. Start chemo Epirubicin 2nd Jan for seven months then five weeks radiotherapy, followed by 5yrs Tamoxefen. On an emotional rollercoaster at present Can I cope with this? Do I want to cope with this??
Followed by I will GET through this 1st grandchild due next couple of weeks
was so looking forward to HER arrival and know I have to cope with this stinking cancer. Emotions change throughout the day. Hair loss an added burden
Vanity!!! before life No sense made of all this !!! Anyone out there who can
send me hope PLEASE DO.
Bobbie

Hi Bobbie,

Don’t ever let go of hope. There’s a lot of us on this roller coaster of a journey. For some it is very new and for others of us it has been a long ride. I was dx 17 years ago and I still continue to hope that I will live to see the day that for you is so close now - a granddaughter - how lovely. My daughter is getting married in April so I do live in hope. We will be here for you to offer whatever support we can and sympathise on the down days and cheer with you on the good ones. I guess we never totally make sense of it all - but it does fall into a pattern once the treatment starts. Stick with us.

love Dawn
xxx

Hi Bobbie
It’s certainly one hell of an emotional rollercoaster - and there will be lots of ups and down - but everyone on this site is so supportive and there will be lots and lots practical advice at your fingertips. Just ask away! It really does get easier to come to terms with diagnosis and for the need of all this treatment. I’m 6 months down the line now (mastectomy end of June, I’ve had x4 epirubican, x2 CMF (two more cycles of CMF to go), then just (!) 3 weeks of rads and 5 years of tamoxifen to follow. There are a lot of us on similar treatment plans and it helped me to know that I was not alone. At the start is seemed like the chemo would take forever and I was so frightened, but now I can’t believe how quickly the time has passed and how do-able it is. Somehow, with the support from others, we do find the inner strength to cope and still have lots and lots of good times along the way. I’m sure you will too and you WILL enjoy your grandchild - don’t let this pesky bc spoil it for you!
Nicola x

Good luck Bobbie, I’ve had the lumpectomy, 4 epirubicins about to start the FMC. My two grandchildren (3 and 5) are what keep me going when it gets bad. They think bald Nanna is so funny, and I was anxious they would be upset and frightened! My liitle granddaughter hates the wig and likes to stroke my head…
Only just found this website, it’s wonderful to be in touch with all of you. Lynette x

hello bobbie, sorry to hear your so down, its a real roller coaster of emotions , you will get through this, i was in your situation ,ive had a mastectomy and chemo both before and after my surgery, i had 12 lymphnodes that showed cancer cells, i had rads and am now on arimadex, my children and grandkids keep me going, they are so honest and sweet and took the fact that i lost my hair with great amusement, and had their own hair shaved to match!! the down days fsr outwieghed the good days at that time and now i look back and wonder how i came through it, and it was the fact that i wanted to be here for them to watch them grow up, and im determined to do so! i do wish you well keep posting and let us know how you are doing no matter how down you are there will always be someone on line to support you. take care sending you a cyber hug. lynn x