can anyone tell me their recon experiences im undecided on back or stomach

Hi eveyone, i would be grateful if anyone can tell me their recon stories and wether they are unhappy or not with recon. im 32yrs old and found out nearly 2years ago i tested positive for brca2. i always thought i would have implants and only met with surgeon once as we knew i needed my ovaries done 1st. anyway this has been done and im now looking to have mastectomy but when i spoke to her on fri she adv against implants as they would not look that good as im a 32/34jj just now and am going down to a c/d and there is lots and lots of skin. so i have been offered recon using my back muscles or stomach. i am now unsure i know we are all different but just need to hear other peoples stories as i am at a loss. i go back to see her in 4 weeks to tell her my decision and get confirmation of op for mid feb… thanks in advance love lainey xx

Hi,
I had muscle from my back, and a small implant done in February, I am really pleasd with the results.
The first week I was in hospital, I was sore and exausted. the first week at home my friend came to stay to help with the kids. I would have struggled without her.
But as each week passed I felt better, and could do more. After week 4 I felt a lot better, both phyical and mental.
I do still get emotinal at times. But I do not regreat it.
Why not post this on the reconstruction page. you may get more replies.
Take care.
Mandy

thanks mandy i will i never even thought of that. its so positive to know you dont regret it as my head is all over the place with it all just now. love lainey xxx

hi there, i had masectomy with reconstruction 3 weeks ago and am so pleased with the choice i made there are so many options my surgeon recomended the ld flap with inplants because i didnt have enough to use my own flab hehe for being slim i did have the choice of the tram flap which is use of your tummy muscles but only being 26 i cdecided against in case i wanted to extend my famiy as it can cause some complications i guess even thoe the surgon said i prob be ok i didnt like the thought of all the risk etc this is my personal opinion but i can say from my reconstruction is it looks fantastic obviously may look odd to others with out a nipple but it does not bother me at all which is the main thing all i can say is have good chats with your surgon and go with what yu think you will be happy with i chosse mine against the odds of having to ave radiotherapy and risk ruining the reconstruction luckly for me it turned out just to be dcis high grade wide spread but i went with my gut instinct all the best xxxx