cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i take nytol with tamoxifen?

10 REPLIES 10
angiepops

Re: can i take nytol with tamoxifen?

hi kitt, i can drop to sleep standing up, it just never lasts long! ive been better since i changed my tamoxifen to teatime, so hopefully that will stay that way. Angie xx

Kittkatt

Hi Angie,
As a fellow non-sleeper I'm taking Nytol - checked with pharmacist re. Tamoxifen and she didn't bat an eyelid. My problem is getting to sleep rather than staying asleep and find it really helps. Cheaper brand available - Sleep Aid - has exactly the same active ingredients.
Kitt
X
Butterfly318

Hello Angie

Glad you've had a few better nights.  Yes i do think the advice is not to take them at the same time but sounds like taking them earlier in the afternoon / evening is helpful.

I am really cautious about taking anything but i do think i will eventually have to take an anti depressant.  I am currently attending a 6 weeks x 2hrs Mindfulness course though Staff Wellbeing Service but some days i could just stay in my bed.

Here's hoping for a good nights sleep.....  Gilly x      

angiepops

hi gilly,

i was told that i couldnt take the tam with the citalopram, thats why i have mine at night, although i have started to take them earlier than when i go to bed. slepp has improved slightly, but only for the last few days.

angie xx

drdspg

Please do it feel afraid of taking antidepressants when they are needed. They acting to restore a (neuro) chemical imbalance. They will also help you to " be in a place" where you can make use of research based psychological therapies such as mindfulness based CBT. Long periods of depression are more harmful to your body than judiciously used antidepressant. At the end of the day, you need to be looking after your self holistically and mental health is a big part of this. Mindfulness based therapies are extremely valuable - ask your oncologist.

Butterfly318

Angiepops 

Have noticed you have posted about poor sleep.  When i started Tamoxifen i took it at night, kept next to bed.  Had hot sweats all night and awake on and off all night.  Thoroughly miserable...........Changed to taking it in the morning and sleep is much improved.  Also swimming / Reiki helpful.  Pumpkin seeds (a little handful / a dozen or so) contain amino acid tryptophan which converts to seratonin in our bodies and helps aid sleep.  Anything is worth a try.

Take Care  Gilly x  

angiepops

hi chascat,

i had citalopram a year ago and i think i would have had a nervous breakdown if i hadnt been prescribed it. itake it in the morning and tamoxifen at night, works for me. no side effects although when i first started it i felt a bit spaced out, fine now tho xx

chascat

Also, I've always refused anti depressants due to paranoia that they will interact with Tamoxifen but getting to the point where I cant refuse for much longer, how do you find Citalopram? x

chascat

Hi Angiepops, I was told I couldn't take Valerian, don't know if it contains that x

angiepops

ive just read the box and it says not with anti depressants and i take citalopram too so maybe not. anyone else taking it?

angie xx

angiepops

can i take nytol with tamoxifen?

hi

is anyone taking nytol, im on tamoxifen and waking up several times in the night, i would just like to get a decent sleep longer than 2 hours. not sure if i should take it being ER+ / i was toldto steer clear of  herbal remedies but i dont know what else to do. thanks.

angie xx