cancer fatigue article

Most of the stuff in this artical is common sense, but some might find it interesting

my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/cancer/hic_cancer-related_fatigue.aspx

Thank you - I think sometimes we forget just how exhausting, physically and mentally, this whole experience is - I’m still not sure I’ve got over the chemotherapy and that finished over 2 years ago. A general anaesthetic recently has just reminded me how shattered I am.

We do need to be reminded to take things easy!
x

thanx aol-very helpful article x

Lots of interesting points - and advice too. Thanks for sharing.
Fran

thanks oal , i finished my rads last fri , today i`m bloody exhausted , i dont know whether this is catch up as not sleeping well at night ( sweats ) or after treatment fatigue , anyhow i am putting my feet up and listening to my body , recovery has to be more important than housework !!

Everything is more important than housework!!

Thanks OAL for the link. Had a read through and was very helpful.

I had what might seem a pretty strange way of dealing with the fatigue. When it was at it’s worst I decided I’d had enough of sitting about. The weather was nice so I went to the hardware shop and bought a great big tin of fence paint and started painting all our fences! It got me out in the fresh air and got me moving and I felt so much better. I ended up using 3 big tins of paint - lots of fences! - and just took my time but it seemed to give me a lot more energy. It also helped me to sleep better at night and by the time I had done them all I almost felt back to normal.

Great link aol! I think I shall pass it onto my employer!