cancer getting more prevalent in young women ?

It may be me  but it seems that we are hearing of more younger women getting diagnosed with BC. I find this very worrying for this age group, , are researchers looking avidly into why this massive rise ,or so it seems to me, is it a lot of different factors of lifestyle ???.  I also read that Chinese women didnt get BC until they adopted our western lifestyle.

It is heartbreaking to see and hear of this age group trying to raise a family , and live whilst having this disease and all its worry.  

xx hurry up research   please 

I agree with you … Although we need treatments for the cancer we also need to try to avoid it happening in the first place …I find it shocking that there are so many youngsters here …trying to cope with savage treatment , look after young children and work to support their family  !!  

Im an old bird - nearly 64 and retired  but I do feel for the younger ones. Is it our food ? is it taking the birth pill ? is it stress ?  I think mine was inherited as my Mum died of bc at 52 ( in 1975 ) so treatment wasent so good.  Some ladies  here have no family history at all.

Hopefully in time they will be able to do an injection to teenage girls to prevent bc 

xxx

Is cancer more prevalent or is screening and self awareness more effective?

I think there is a lot more awareness now as I remember my mum being dx in 1968 and her just telling everyone "women’s problems:!!
It was something she didn’t talk about or share and I just wonder what she went through not having counselling or sites like this to support her through it all.

Hi I am 48 and got diagnosed with breast cancer followed a week later with extensive bone mets. No symptoms whatsoever, no family history, don’t drink, don’t smoke, not overweight, breast fed two children, no Hrt in fact the only “risk factor” I ticked was having first child after 30 I had my first one at 32 so not exactly years later. They only found the cancer when I went for my first routine mammogram. I keep asking myself what did I do to deserve this. Was it the rooibos tea I drank for years, was it the evening primrose oil I took or as I’ve been told it was just bad luck that I got it. I lost a very dear friend only three years ago at the age of 43 to this horrible d…e (I refuse to use the word) and I helped look after her and her family through that terrible time and now it’s like lightening has struck again and now my children are going through the same thing. I refuse to let it take over my life but it certainly seems like more and more of us 40 somethings are being diagnosed.