change in nipple

hello all , Im new here .My mum had breast cancer at 5o and had a mastectomy . There is no history on my dads side and unfortunatly I know nothing about my mums dad r his side of the family.
My story is that io have breastfed all 3 kids but I have noticed a change in the appearence of my nipple , the very base is sinking so my nipple then sinks inwards . no dimple in the nipple itself just as if the nipple is collapsing .Buts its only the one nipple . should i be worried or could it just be because ive breastfed?

Hi Dragon,
Any change in your breast should be checked by a doctor, It is not worth taking any chances, so please see your doctor, fingers crossed it is nothing to worry about. But as you say your Mum had breast cancer, best get it checked
Take care
Sandra

Hi Dragon
Im glad youve come on here with your questions, as there have been many, many helpful replies to all my queries.
I would say the same as most on here-dont try to work it out for yourself-get to the GP and get a professional opinion- she/he will refer you to the nesesary clinic if need be.
They would rather see you and say its nothing, than you not going at all.
I breast fed too and of course our bodies do change with this, but there could be lots of explanation for your symtoms
Good luck
Cathie

Hi Dragon

Welcome to the BCC forums, here is a link to our breast health publication which you may find helpful to read:

breastcancercare.org.uk/upload/pdf/BCC2_ybyh_throughout_life_web.pdf

You are also welcome to call our helpline for further support and information in addition to the wonderful support you will continue to receive here, the line is open 9-5 weekdays and 9-2 Sat on 0808 800 6000.

Best wishes
Lucy

Hi Dragon1972
Please go and get it checked any change in appearance should be checked out even if only for peace of mind
One of the symptoms I had was a change in my nipple,it had gone flat and was pointing downwards as if it were being pulled,but I also had a thickness just under my nipple.

Best wishes Mel xx

Hi

Just to reiterate what the others have said; please, please go to your GP. It may be nothing but none of us can tell you what it is. It’s vital you get it checked out.

Please keep us posted

Julia xx