checking in 4 yrs on

Feel like I tempt fate when I post these anniversaries but I know how I clung to these stories when I was diagnosed. I had a mx on the 1st of December 2006. It was 4.5 cm I had 4 lymph nodes infected plus vascular invasion. I was also her2 positive. Not a good dx but then no dx of bc is good is it? I ended up in hospital three times with neutrapenia despite having injections to help immune system.I am now 60 and still work in my old job. I have had 5 more grandchildren to add to the one I already had. Life is wonderful and although there is no guarantee that it will not rear it’s ugly head again, I manage to push bc to the back of my mind. Saying this I am also aware that there are women battling with secondaries and I do think about them often. I hope that my post helps to all who have just found themselves in a very scary place this christmas love to you all old friends and new Eileen

I’m glad to read that Eileen.

I was diagnosed in October 2006 (after initially being told a month before that I just had a fibroid - there was no cancer on my test results, despite it being in one of my lymph nodes). I was also found to be Her2 positive. I’ve just had my yearly mammogram and all is fine and well.

I have a very different life now as I retrained and am in a business partnership with my husband. I also work from an office at home, which is great in this weather :-))Next year I have my silver wedding, my 50th birthday and fingers crossed the end of the 5 year remission period. So it will be a very momentous and emotional year I think.

Hi Cherub I have kept up with your posts since I was first on the site 4 years ago. Hope you have a wonderful year next year. thanks for commenting on my post xx

Eileen my friend I am so very glad to see you posting we went through most of it together and you were such a help and support to me.I passed my 4 year anniversary in October, like Cherub, and still look on here quite often and wonder how you are getting on.
Love to you and all the very best for a happy,healthy,future.

Valxx

Hello Eileen, Horace and Cherub

I was diagnosed on 15th December 2006 so my 4 year anniversary is next week. I’m doing well except for rapidly thinning bones as a result of Aromasin, but I’m enjoying life and keeping busy.

Eileen I remember your posts very well and they often made me laugh. I think we used to have chemo on the same day - Tuesday ? It was great to have someone to compare notes with.

Much love to everyone. Anthi x

must be my age but I post then don’t remember or know how to find it again. Lovely to hear from Anth Horace and Cherub. I do pop in and out but was always a thickie so don’t like to offer too much advice. Had terrible bout of flu so haven’t been on for weeks. Take care my friends and hope it will be a good year for us xx

Hi ladies,

Keep posting :slight_smile: it gives us newbies such hope.

Am so glad you are all doing well.

Take care,love to you all & heres to the next 4 years & many more to follow them.

Sarah.xxxx

Hi all
Had mx August 06 and am still doing well(fingers crossed). Go for my annual check-up 8th Feb, oh those butterflies in my stomach!!!
Love to all
Laraine xx

Thank you ladies, it gives us Newbies such a boost to see you here!
all the best
Pxxx