chemo before surgery

Hi, I started chemo in october and have just had my second.
Is there anyone else having chemo before surgery?

I had chemo before my mastectomy. Though there were clinical reasons it also gave me more time me accept the possibility of a mastectomy.

Hi susanmary

Welcome to the BCC forums, in addition to the support here our helpline is open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays and you are free to call to talk through any queries or concerns and our team will be happy to help and support you, the number to call is 0808 800 6000

The following link will take you to the BCC ‘Treatments’ page where you will find further support ideas and information abut chemo which you may find useful:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment

Take care

Lucy

hiya, i am having chemo first, i also started in oct, i’ve just had 3 round x

Had my fifth chemo this week. Was due to have had eight (4 FEC, 4 T), but might be stopping after the next one then on to surgery because my tumour is continuing to grow.

Hi susanmary-I’m also having chemo before surgery (theres a few of us on the September chemo thread).
Like Gadget-Gal I’ll also be having a mastectomy after chemo for various reasons.

Best of luck

Hi Sharon
Hope all goes well with your chemo.
I am struggling abit with the tiredness, but no sickness which was my main fear.
They are also trying to shrink my tumour before surgery.
I am having FEC x4 then T x? and herceptin
x

Hi,
How are you finding the chemo? I am having a line put in next week to protect my veins.
x

I’m having chemo before surgery. 3 x FEC100 then 3 x T + herceptin. Plan is to shrink the tumour, already gone from 8 to 7cm, and to catch any stray bits as a lymph node is affected. Had 2nd chemo 2 weeks ago today.

Hi all i was diagnosed in June and have recently finished chemo. I’m having a mx in Dec. The reason for chemo first in my case was to try and shrink the tumours and stop the cancer spreading. I had 3 FEC and 3 Tax. I was told on Monday that i’d had a great response to chemo and that it had killed all the invasive cells but there are still some non-invasive cells left behind hence the mx. I’m happy to answer any questions.
Sian x
Oh i forgot to mention that i had a picc line in and dont need Herceptin. x