Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chemo finished - help pls !

5 REPLIES 5
RuthAnna

Re: chemo finished - help pls !

Hi Sara

I found the Docetaxel very hard infact I had allergic reactions to all 3 of my doses resulting in only 3 minutes of my 3rd and final one being administered.  I suffered aching joints and prickly feet, these side effects slowly cleared over a period of several weeks after my final one. 

Has anyone suggested getting a strong emolient cream from you GP to help your skin, I used it all through chemo as my skin was so dry and stiff after my first one.  I hated looking in the mirror I thought I looked like a zombie with grey and dry skin so I strongly recommend trying it with your free prescriptions it worked wonders for me made my skin soft and healthy looking.

With regards your recovery gentle steps and let your body tell you when its ready, eat lots of iron rich food and drink lots of water you will soon see improvments but dont get cross with yourself if you dont have the energy yet.

Sara68

Thank you everyone.

I know patience is the key. Just would like to see one side effect leave me ! I wont start rads until rather surgery, I am seeing the surgeon 12th November, it will be a lumpectomy and some nodes.

Looking forward to feeling better 🙂 so I can enjoy my 3 year old 🙂

Xx
deelush

Hi i think two weeks after four docetaxol is still early days, but you will definately start to feel better bit by bit as each day passes now, just dont expect too much slow but sure, i had three tax after three fec and i would say it took longer to get over the last one, give yourself time and youll get there.

deelush

WP23

Hi Sara68 and Nanny Sal

I had docetaxel x 4 which I finished on 1st September, I also started rads quite quickly and finished that on 22nd October.
I am starting to feel a little better but the aches and pains are still hanging on in there, my onc said it could be several months before total normality.
I have also just started Herceptin so treatment plan still ongoing.

Just take one day at a time Sara68, we will get there 🙂

Wendy x
Nanny_Sal

Firstly CONGRATULATIONS on reaching the end of your Chemo. I had 3 Docetaxel and found I got more and more tired after each one. It was a good 3 weeks following the last one, before the main side effects ended. Although the problem with nails and numb fingers and toes dragged on for weeks/months.

But I can reassure you that you will feel a little bit better each day. Give yourself and your body time to adjust. It's been through a lot. You WILL get back to feeling 'normal' again. It's a new normal, but it'll definitely be better than you feel now.

I found arranging a few treats, gave me something to look forward to. I also had Radiotherapy almost immediately after Chemo, so once I felt human again. They threw something else at me!

I hope you start to feel better soon. It's a long haul, but you will get there. Take Care. Sal xxx
Sara68

chemo finished - help pls !

Hi
Had my last and 8th treatment 21st October last 4 were Docetaxel and its been horrendous ! I am 2 weeks post last one and have side effects of tight facial skin, watery eyes, awful mouth - supressed taste, numb tingly fingers and toes, tight chest breathless, complete exhaustion, body aches head to foot. Apart from that i am ok !!

My question is how long does all this last ?? How long does this drug stay in your body ? I know everyone is different but any info on how long it took you to feel pretty normal would be a great help.

Thanks Sara xx