chemo starting August

Hi I will be starting chemo sometime in August, seeing Oncologist tomorrow.  Would love to chat to others who might be starting this month.

Maz

Hi Maz

It may help to attract more users to your thread if you re post in the chemotherapy section, there is a heading there called ‘chemo monthly threads’ and you could add your August one there. Find it under ‘Going through treatments’.

Hope that helps
Best wishes
Lucy BCC

Hi, I’m due to start at the very end of July, very nervous about it x

Hi maz 

Hope your onocologist appt went okay. I am due to start chemo in august too. Waiting to get over surgery but know its chemo next. 

Hi macky

Likewise i am very nervous about chemo due to start. 

Have you 2 had surgery first?

Scarey all this stuff but we have to be strong.

Jayni xx

Hi Maz

The helpline is open until 2pm today if it would help to talk things through, 0808 800 6000

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi to all you lovely people

I have recently been diagnosed with BC. Large lump palpable at 5cm although ultrasound showing 28mm. Due to size being treated as invasive but nothing so far detected in nodes. Straight in with chemo starting on Thursday if some recent dental work has settled. Picc going in tomorrow. Am I allowed to say I am crapping myself? Feel like I have just been given a death sentence…every morning I open my eyes realise its real, cry,stop then get up as though its a normal day. I go to work come home and cry some more. Seem to be sleeping an awful lot but don’t know why as not on any meds…

Hi Angiebun and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support here please feel free to call our helpliners for further practical and emotional support on 0808 800 6000, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2

Here’s a link to the BCC ‘Treatments’ area of the site which I hope you find helpful, I am also posting a link to the ‘Starting chemo in July’ thread where you can speak to others starting treatments at the same time:

breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment

forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy/starting-chemo-July-2014/m-p/861097#U861097

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hello, my chemo starts 15 August.  J