chemo

feeling anxious any having chemo soon any thoughts or advice from people 

Hi,  having chemo is not the most pleasant thing to happen to you but it is doable.  It really is.  I had chemo last year.  When I suffered side affects the medical team were straight on to it.  Try not to be too anxious as you are not alone in this journey.  It needs to be done and as long as you stay away from people who may have an infection you will get through it.  You will also find other women having treatment and they will give your moral support.  Eat and sleep well and spoil yourself.  Good luck

Hi Taveyoreo78

I have put for you below the link to BCC’s publication regarding chemotherapy which I hope you find helpful… Also our helpline team will be only too happy to talk to you more about chemotherapy if you wish.  Calls are free 0808 800 6000 lines open Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 10-2.

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/chemotherapy-breast-cancer-bcc17

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Hi,
I have had 4 sessions out of 6 chemo, i have found the best thing is listen to your body! The worst thing for me in the first few sessions was nausea, on the 3rd I had emend which is a great anti sickness after that it’s been much easier, chemo is quite hard but it’s not as hard as I thought it would be. I have managed in between to work and look after 2 children and basically have a pretty normal life.

If you have any unpleasant side effects speak to your oncologist there are so many things they can give you.
Good luck and best wishes,
Emma