colouring hair after course of chemo

I am having my last venorelbine next thursday and am delighted with the results and am to continue on herceptin. My consultant who i trust completly is off sick so i saw a standin . i asked when it was safe to have my hair coloured again at the hairdressers. I have not lost any hair on this chemo , he said just leave it 4 weeks after the last treatment does everyone think this is ok as i thought i had to wait alot longer than that?

SKelts

Hi,

I am on Xeloda and colour my hair. After other chemos I have just waited til my hair is long/strong enough to colour. I had not thought of asking medics if it was OK. I just have a semi-permanent and do go to hairdresser so little chance of leaving it on too long etc

Lottie

Hi

I was on FEC and Taxotere last Aug 07 - Nov 07 and then on Herceptin since. Once my hair grew back and I was brave enough to go without my wig, I had it highlight and have had it done twice now and all has been OK.

Go for it.

Love
Dawn

Hi,

I am on my fifth cyle of vinorelbine and have had a gloss colour on my hair as this, apperently, does not contain amonia and my onc team were happy for me to have this done. I was worried the first time that I would wake up with newly coloured hair on my pillow the next morning but it has stayed intact and I am scheduled for another lot of colour mid Dec. It seems that advice varies but I would highly recommend a gloss colour.

Angee xx

HI
When my hair grew back after FEC my hairdresser used a semi permenamt colour and when on Vinorelbine and Xeloda I coloured it and had highlights. I am now trying to hang on to it during Taxol and have just had a semi permenant rinse. I did ask my chemo nurse and she thought that was fine
Good Luck
Kathryn