Did you mean: 

constipation advise please

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: constipation advise please

Senna or ducosate capsules. They're working for me anyway x
Highlighted

Hi everyone. I am at the end of my tether with my stomach and constipation. I have put this down to paclitaxol however I was on my week break last week and was worse than ever. I have tried a glycerin suppository. Drinking loads of water. Bran flakes. Fruit. Walking. Black coffee. Green tea with a hot water bottle and then I end up with diarrhoea. I just don't know what to do anymore. I used to be like this years ago but for the last 8 years I've been normal. Could it be something to do with the fact I was anemic. I had a blood transfusion today and now I'm praying for movement. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Chemo so far (fingers crossed) has not affected me but constipation is making me miserable 😪
Highlighted

I started chemo 3 weeks ago and the doctor prescribed lactulose liquid. It seems to help me. Hope your feeling better with it soon x

I was prescribed docusate sodium capsules 1-2 three times a day, they worked for me and at least they are like tablets with no taste! I also suffered with terrible bloating and belching ( great!) but took me until second cycle to work out I need omeprozole for the first 5 days until it settled, hope this helps & good luck with the rest of your chemo x

Highlighted

I've found that Lactulose Soluiton works a treat for me. It's very sweet but otherwise not unpalatable.

Highlighted

constipation advise please

hi all, this is my first post as I just started fec chemo on Friday. I haven't been too bad so far but am suffering from constipation. I am finding the sachets they give you to treat it hard to take when I am feeling a little nauseous anyway. Does any one have any tips to mask the taste or other remedies which they found helpful to treat constipation? Thanks very much, Aileen