cough

ive got secondary cancer in my lungs and ive got a terrible cough anyone got any remedies that work??? been given cough med, got an inhaler, try cough sweets , no good!!!
help !!!
kaz x

Hello I also have secondary in my lungs. My cough was the result of a fluid build up I’m assuming that’s been ruled out? The only thing that worked for my cough was codiene on prescription not the stuff you buy over the counter. Its a painkiller but it also suppresses coughing and it does work. Unfortunately it’s not a very natural remedy. I hope it improves because I know it is very debilatating coughing all the time.

If it’s a new onset cough, it could be infection.it could be pleural effusion.it could be something pressing the airways.so many reasons.did you talk to your oncologist. When I had a bad cough a short tapering dose of steroids did help me. Sometimes codeine or even morphine can help. Check with your oncologist.I hope you feel better.

Kaz, Sorry I haven’t posted before. I have secondaries in lungs as well, and take a small dose of long acting morphine which completely stops my cough and helps with breathlesness. Codeine linctus ( on prescription) can also be effective. Have you got a Macmillan nurse you can talk to about it?
Nicky

yes and i think i have both of those that u talk about , whats the morphine stuff called??? i take 1/2 tsp on a night b4 bed
kaz x