Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

coughing on fec

7 REPLIES 7
Sue H-S
Community Champion

Re: coughing on fec

Hi nicho56, I had my first FEC on 19th and have a cough, too - however I know that it is due to my underlying lung congestion due to allergy induced asthma. Did not cough this much before, but as no rise in temperature am ok with it. xx
nicho56

Thank you ladies for your advice, i contacted the hospital and told them about the cough.  They said that seeing as I'm not bringing anything up and my temperature is ok  just keep an eye on my temperature and see how it goes. Not a lot of advice but seeing as I feel ok otherwise I'm happy to just ride it out for now, annoying as it is. They said they didn't want to give me antibiotics at the moment. So we'll see, thanks again. Julie x

On a diversion

Hiya,

I was was advised to always call the chemo/oncology helpline about any concerns then they will advise you. I personally would be careful about going into A and E unless that's what you've been advised to do due to the infection risk. X

Sue H-S
Community Champion

Hi Cs 66 - brilliant advice!!! Anything, which is out of the ordinary - we HAVE to involve the doctors! Julie - you may not even have a temperature, even though you might have picked up an infection. Please get yourself down to A & E and take the relevant paperwork, which you should have been give by the chemo nurses with you. If you do not have it - tell them you are a chemo patient and which regime you are on. If you feel unwell - you simply must go! Always better safe than sorry - and they will understand - you are definitely not wasting any ones time! Do not wait to see whether you are getting better - please just go and have it checked out. xxx
JenJen

Hi Nicho x

My chest went crackly and dry wheezy kind of like I needed to cough up a load of stuff that wasnt there it eased off when I upped my fluid intake randomly. I thought I may have the start of something so just kept an eye on my temp and thankfully it didnt hapoen. It happened on all 3 of my EC cycles if you do cough anything up though id get checked out

Jen x
nicho56

Thank you Claire, temperature ok at the moment but I am checking regularly. I don't feel ill but I am very tired but tiredness is expected anyway. I'll keep checking my temp. Thanks again
Julie x
Cs66

Hi Julie,
I had a cough on FEC and also a bit on T more of an annoying tickle and not chesty. However, I did get a chest infection after my second FEC. I felt awful, had a high temperature and went downhill very quickly. If in doubt I would check your temperature regularly and give your hospital chemo helpline a call. I ended up in a and e on IV antibiotics and then had a week of further antibiotics to clear it up. I did feel incredibly ill as it developed and it was very different from the thickly cough I had.
I hope that helps
Claire xx
nicho56

coughing on fec

Morning all, can anyone who has suffered the cough during fec explain the type of cough they have. Worried i might have a chest infection! Had a rough night due to coughing, although chest doesn't really feel sore. Thanks Julie x