current chemo treatment

Hi to all
This is my first post, I have been reading some of your posts for a couple of weeks and have finally plucked up the courage to join in.

I am 39 with two children (ages 9 & 11), I was dx in March, had an mx in April and last week had my 2nd FEC. So far, the word doable has worked, the last 3 days have been difficult and I realised I do need to talk and share what’s going on. What better place, than here with all of you who understand first hand and can also be so positive with what we are going through.
I have been reading through any tips anyone has to give so I am definitely finding this useful. I also feel better for knowing that I am not on my own. Am taking each day at a time this week with my only aim to feel more positive and be prepared for the next lot of chemo.
I look forward to supporting you all over the next months with our treatment.

Sooze

Hi Sooze - well done for getting the courage up, you’ll find this a great resource and it really does help to talk with other people going through similar treatment. Also, don’t feel guilty about venting when you need to, it’s better to do it here where we all “get it”.

We’re all coping in our own ways and like you, we have good and bad days, don’t feel guilty for having sh*t days where you feel really sorry for yourself, it is allowed you know and lets face it, this is CANCER, damn if we’re not allowed to feel sh*t and negative and miserable when we’re having chemo or treatments!

There are plenty of people who are negative, miserable and have nothing seriously medically wrong with them!

Remember how you were before BC and then realise that you had sh*t days then which probably now pale into insignificance in comparison to having an awful disease but you did have them!

xx

Hello Sooze

So sorry that you’ve had to join us, but I’m sure that you’ll make some new friends and get a lot of support from the forum.

I’m a bit further on than you - had 3 fec, and 1 tax so far - next tak is next week. I assume that you started your chemo in May, so you might want to join that thread.

I think the main thing that I’ve realised is that there is no such thing as ‘normal’ - everyone has a slightly different experience made up of a multitude of different factors/SEs/challenges/good bits, it’s just that some factors are more common than others!

Do ask any question you want, however silly or minor it may seem, someone out there will probably be able to help.

Good luck
Diane

Hi El Katrano & DJ007

Thank you for your messages. I started my chemo on 31st May so will look up the other thread. It is nice to know that there are people out there who understand.
I shall look forward to keeping in touch and sharing my experiences with you.

Good luck on your journey also.

Sooze